Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Preorders for the core game STILL going on:
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Rolled a 1-2 on severe injuries 10 days without scanon debinded his book, hope he's doing okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/0FSYZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

10 days without scanon after he debinded his book*

FUCK

FIRST FOR WHITE SPEAKER TIDDIES

I got the game about two weeks ago. I jumped in blind due to the Kickstarter hype last fall. Didn't even watch playthroughs.

several Lions, a couple Antelopes, several TPK's, and a Butcher later all I gotta say is: Jesus Christ I love this game so fucking much it makes me angry.

>Image
Where is that one from, I don't recognize it.

I'm getting my Allison sometime soon, and wanted to know if anyone had any difficulties with putting her together. Specifically any issues with her arm with the sword and if anyone needed to pin her due to balance issues or anything. I'm using this model as practice for more delicate model work than what I'm used to.

This gallery here. imgur.com/gallery/0FSYZ
Also DBK introduction story.

Nothing 28mm / 35mm should ever need pinning unless it's not made of metal. But usually not even then.

>unless it's not made
* unless it's made

These are from the expansions, right?

some are from core rulebook too (eg. very first is when Phoenix shows up)

If only there was someone to carry on where her frail body failed...

New plan is to have a full prisma hunt team. Loli and death what could go wrong

Grade A waifu material. 10/10 would turn towns into paper dolls with

>Paid my shipping fee a little over 2 weeks ago
>Still no core game, bordering on 3 weeks now
>Check Backerkit to see if there's any information on where my package is, or how I can track it's whereabouts
>READY TO SHIP

If it's ready to ship, fucking ship it to me already. Jesus Poots PLEASE. I want to play.

Also, thinking I'm gonna model my first settlement after Magic the Gathering, and name all my survivors after Plains Walkers.

You just know Urza is going to fuck everything up for everyone if you do that.

>Loli and death what could go wrong
Everything, which is why you should do it.

Save MTG for people of the stars, legendary dragons will keep you busy.

Well work's been busy lately, but I finally got a chance to start up an actual game instead of just making the minis. Decided to name my survivors after Homestuck, because it was an easy name system to remember and also because I'm trash.

This turned the first hunt into "Jade Harley beats a lion to death with her bare hands while the rest of the party falls all over themselves and Dave has a mental breakdown."
Seriously. No one else did any damage, it was ridiculous. Meanwhile Jade opens the fight by critting off the hand, and it just gets dumber from there.

I can't wait to get off work tomorrow and get back to it.

Hey guys, Scanon here posting from the crapper at work. I'm still here and still posting a lot and I'm sorry to any anons looking forward to the scans. I got a lot on my plate right now but I still plan to scan. It's just going to be slow going. What free time I do have I find it hard to want to spend it in the printer room scanning pages. I will get it done but it's a time consuming task and I don't have much time as it is. I hope everyone understands. I'll try to update more.

Shit happens.

Finished old Spidicules

Can't you use a hair dryer to bend the legs a tiny bit so they all touch the ground?

It's all good my dude, I was just hoping you were alright.

Absolutely disgusting.

Can you use your skills to teach us how to paint latex for when Red Witches are shipped?

Where to store all my Expansion Cards?
I had hoped the Update Box would have been a bit bigger so I could store them there...

While going through my pile of last year’s appetizer promos for cards, I found a “Tattered Parcel” sticker that comes with Allison. Where exactly am I meant to stick this?

In the rulebook's Hooded Knight. Don't bother sticking though incase new additions come out, just remember if you get Tattered Parcel you get the sword, the robe and the blue lantern.

>and the blue lantern.
All these promo lanterns have become a lot more usefull with the endgame of 1.5, I think that is pretty nice.

Blue Lantern is so sick too!

I take it there are ways to mitigate 2d10 brain damage

... but I do think some of the other promos are imbalanced jokes. Blue Lantern is all okay in my book, cursed and that.

Accept Darkness and survival of the fittest! Also finding ways to generate insanity such as priority target just in time for monster controller.

At worst you´ll suffer a single brain trauma, whoop dee doo.

Can be horrifying without accept darkness.

looks like Irish housewife except for the missing teeth

nothing a little trepanation won't cure

I already did that and the end result was Miyu getting coup de grace'd and Kuro turning into the Kingsman, Illya was fine though .

>always go on how important food is and all
>make many special additions to the Gambler Box related to food
>still let the Cooking Story Event be super shit in 1.5
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!

go ahead and eat the bugs raw if you're so brave

For that to happen I first would need to have a bug in the first place.
I think the Vermin Deck is the only one I have not drawn from a single time through all my three campaigns.

That's odd, normally I get 1 or 2 per campaign. You must be unlucky on terrain

>people not filling gaps
WEW
E
W

The only viable use for cooking in 1.5 is healing shitty disorders.

I don't think you gain insanity unless you have a choice of targets and you choose yourself.

You still need some Phoenix resources for that.
I actually think the Venison Oso Buco is the best recipe.
Only needs Antelope stuff, and your best chance for getting the bug and acanthus is its showdown. With how the Antelope drops its shit in 1.5 you probably have all needed resources after two or three hunts.
+1 permanent evasion is also quite good for how there is basically zero risk in getting it.

The +1 Endeavor just for having the innovation is pretty spiffy though.

Antelope now guarentees one.

Settlement got Clinging Mist'd. Fitting both story-wise and gameplay-wise, too, as the others had realized Survival of the Fittest was hard, and decided we'd try something else this time.
A new chance at life.
The only two left survivors behind were a psychopath murderer and a fear of the dark retired chicken.

It guarentees a bug patch, right?
Not outright a Vermin ressource?
How high are the chances on a bug patch anyway?

First time player, got 3 vermin in the settlement. No cooking though.

If I throw a founding stone do I draw a hit location?

Yes, and if the hit location doesn't have any crit text, then the stone gets archived without doing anything.

Anything? But it does a wound anyway right?

Nope. The Stone's activation does a critical wound, not a regular wound. You only get a critical wound on cards with critical wound text.

Yes.

When you roll a critical from a regular attack and there is no critical text in the hit location you don't dicard the wound, you wound and apply the wound reaction if there is one.

When I critically injure a White Lion's Beast Temple HL I roll a die everytime I draw an AI card.
If I roll a 1 or 2 I discard that card at the end of the turn.
Now, the obvious pile that I would discard the card into is the wound stack, but I'm a tad confused as to why it wouldn't say so outright.
On the other hand, discarding a card into the discard pile is what usually happens to the AI cards at the end of the turn anyway...

So it does get taken to the wound stack, right?
Also, last night I played the tutorial with my brother and we finished the fight by kicking the lion in the nuts and we even kept them as a ressource.

If it says "discard" it goes on the discard stack.
If it says "wound" it goes on the wound stack.

There is no way to get that wrong.

Yeah, I just read the card again. It helps not being an illiterate fuck.
It says roll a die and on 1 or 2 discard the card AND end the monster's turn.
Not AT the monster's turn.

I'm gonna give myself some brain damage now and maybe a disorder or two...

The Founding Stone dictates that you perform a critical wound, it specifies that it has to be a critical wound, not that it wounds and then causes the critical wound effect. That requires there to be critical wound text present. Otherwise, there's nothing to critically wound, and the stone is wasted. It's dumb, but that's how it is.
Crits are impossible on a location that doesn't have critical wounds, so you can only regularly wound. Lantern 10 is NOT a crit in this case, it's only a guaranteed wound. It means that something like the Butcher is basically impervious to founding stone activation, though he got one HL that can be critically wounded.

And as per the rulebook, a crit that is done on a hit location that has no crit text is treated as a regular wound.
Man, you are really reading too much into it.

Could you please show me where it says this? Because as far as I see, only a roll of Lantern 10 is guaranteed to wound on a card without critical wound effect, and as per the rulebook as well: "A hit location without a critical wound listed cannot
be critically wounded." Page 75.
Let's assume you have 4 luck and you roll a 6 on a HL without Critical Wound text. If 6 wouldn't be enough to normally wound, then you simply do not wound. It's the critical wound that causes the wound there, without the text being present you are not given a critical.

A wound is a wound. If it happens to be a critical one you also apply the proper effects from the hit location instead of the normal reactions, if there is crit text on it. If there is no critical text on a hit location, the wound has no aditional effects and does not negate the normal reactions.
But the wound is done nonetheless. What you try to defend makes no sense at all. The stone makes an automatic hit that makes an automatic wound, which is also a critical wound. It's fucking simple.

Let me break it down really simple.
The Founding Stone says you perform an automatic hit, and then perform a critical wound.
If there is critical wound text, you perform the critical wound, which does a wound of damage as per the book.
If there is no critical wound text, then the critical wound cannot exist. There is no wound as a result.
This has nothing involving the normal wound roll. There is no strength roll to fall back on. Crits are impossible on a non crittable card, but if you attack normally you are still given a wound roll. There is no wound roll here.
It simply is a critical wound.
If there is no critical wound text, it does nothing. That's all.

Look at it that way:
Using your founding stone is like rolling a 10 on the "to hit" and a 9 with 1 luck and -10 strength on the "to wound"

I backed and pledged 1.5 and got it in a couple of weeks ago. This week I was able to start it up and this was way more fun than I expected. Our first real hunt ended with a full party wipe due to Threatening Roar being one of 2 cards left in the AI deck.

Question for you all though. What's a good time to use the founding stones? We still have two of ours left.

>What's a good time to use the founding stones? We still have two of ours left.

1) In threat of wipe
2) Once you have Cat's Eye Circlet, to manipulate a desirable crit, ideally one that gets you a permanent benefit.

To explain 2, the Cat's Eye Circlet is one of the most important pieces of gear in the game because of how it lets you stack the HL deck. With it, you can manipulate the trap down and up, cracking it at your leisure, and control in a rough way who eats what reaction. Once you have it, you can "turn in" your stones for permanent benefits on survivors, such as the +1 Strength for taking the White Lion's "Strange Hand" (Often a good call as the first action of the Prologue), or more survival-expensive options such as (IIRC) Movement off the Antelope. In People of the Stars, it's really handy for controllably getting the very important Frozen Star Secret Fighting Art onto a specific survivor. In 1.0, the best use was usually setting up the "Understanding Loop" off the white lion (Lost Hand persistent injury and one of a few AI cards as the last in the deck), but now the +1 Understanding for watching the Lion mourn its stump is once per lifetime (Per AI card that does it, I believe) so you can't trip White Secret on four survivors for the cost of a single Stone.

Rolling a 10 or a 9 with 1 luck when you wound always succeeds to wound even if your strength after modifiers is 0.

That FAQ was done for 1.31 and several responses do not apply anymore and contradict rules in 1.5 rulebook.
And even then, that response does not imply that the wound is discarded, it only means it is not critical, just like when you roll 10 to wound and there is no crit text.

The wound is done first of all. And after you have wounded, you check if you must apply reactions or critical effects. You don't even have to look at the card before rolling unless it has some effect that applies before rolling.

>If there is no critical wound text, then the critical wound cannot exist. There is no wound as a result.
Wrong. There is no special critical effect in that case, but the wound has already been applied, because that's the first thing you do.

everything in this post is wrong

Wrong.

ya he was. thanks for agreeing. it's sad to see people thinking they can bullshit other players in a general, but i guess you cant fix retardation.

Thanks mate, happy free wounding with your founding stones!

>sarcasm
glad we're smart enough to recognize that the idea is so ludicrous it's worth repeating for comedic effect

You make no sense at all, are you drunk? No wonder you can't even understand a rule as simple as performing a critical wound.

>trolling this hard on a general full of people who know the rules
whatever brings you joy, friend. just know that no one here is dumb enough to fall for it

He may be legitimately confused. It is true that you cannot critically wound a location without a critical wound effect, it's easy to misinterpret.

Jesus christ my man.

Page 74, The Wound Steps:
> 3. Wound Attempt
Founding Stone = Automatic Wound
> 4. Check for Critical Wounds
There is Critical text -> It is a Critical Wound as per Founding Stone rules.
There is no Critical text -> Can't be a Critical Wound as per page 76 rules.
> 5. Wound the Monster
After determining if the Wound is Critical or not, move the AI to the wound stack.
>6. Fellow Survivors react.
Perform Survival if you want. You can even throw more Founding Stones.
>7. Perform Reactions
If the wound was Critical, cancel reactions.
Otherwise perform the reactions that apply.

As I said, the Wound is first, the Critical is second.

Thought the white lion got you.

no one anywhere on the internet or irl agrees with you because you are one hundred percent incorrect. sorry that you lack the reading comprehension to understand the rules, maybe buy simpler games from now on

founding stone does not equal atuo wound, it equals auto crit

Cooking was a disappointment.

A crit IS a wound.

Let's talk about your best set-ups to get the most out of the Organ Grinder!

How do you get the most out of your grease? Anybody here pay for the lucky charm?

We always end up with a clawhead arrow and bandages on either side of a lucky charm to make our archer luckier. We put that rig on anyone who gets an early +1 luck for massive crits.

I am a big fan of leather gloves and boots chained together with the Monster Grease, and try to pick up the affinity with a shield.

you will not find one resource that agrees with you. sorry friend, stick to pandemic maybe? it probably has rules you can understand

Please, continue appealing to authority, that will make your argument stronger.
Unless you contact Dark Mediator for an official clarification on the Founding Stone behaviour against Hit Locations with no Critical sections, there is no doubt that a critical wound IS a fucking wound.

A crit is a wound as long as the HL card have a critical text. If there is no critical(or lantern don't remember the exact wording) text, then you just check if you can go through the toughness to deal a normal wound

it's a game with defined rules, of course appealing to authority is a legitimate argument, but good try.

the fact is very few people are as dumb as you, and every time they speak up every around them instantly corrects their mistake. you could just thank us for setting you straight instead of trolling a board of people who are really trying to discuss the game

This is a clear case of RAW vs RAI.

How does it make sense, fluff wise, that a wound MUST be critical or not wound at all?
That does not make any sense.

I'll go with the RAI interpretation of the rule unless officially proven wrong. You can do as you want.

I'm done with your ad hominems, fuck off.

>ill break the rules so the hard game is a little easier

>frogposting
Thanks for confirming you are a fucking retard.

>more buzzwords

Because a wound is you being strong enough to hurt the monster, while a crit is a stroke of luck where you unknowingly hit a weak point.
At least you agree that you were wrong on the RAW part.

>getting triggered by a frog

>someone told me to stop smearing my shit on the floor!
>it must be because they're triggered!

>so triggered i made a post claiming im not triggered