Connected to ZĂĽrich-Orbital-Net...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>
>Playing_With_The_Big_Boys__AAA_Corps_And_Their_Doings.trid
>Countries_with_CEOs__AA_Corps_And_How_To_Become_One.knwsft
>Armed_And_Profitable__A_Corps_And_Their_Security.thread
>Small_But_Not_Powerless__Unrated_corps_and_how_they_work.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (33% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, wanna go shopping?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Tax_Reports.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Corporation Edition
What A and AA corps do you have in your games? Any big changes to the AAA?

Other urls found in this thread:

foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/27807-ki-bauen/#entry501900
docs.google.com/document/d/1tbh7C7YIiPgfFuJcgpoeRk0qP0vPM7i5tlhRtlVESDU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And of course I forgot to post the old thread link in my hurry
OLD THREAD:

>hurry
Why? Omae, I was about to make the next thread.

because I wanted it to be ready before the old one died, so that I could post the link in the old one.
Makes for a better continuity

You don't need a chaining general. Frankly, I prefer threads to be archived before a new thread is made. That's the exact reason I waited so long.

I'm looking for some drugs that both serve as some kind of combat stimulant aswell as serve the RP purposes of being useful to drown out emotional pain or the like (so some kind of opiod or similiar). Buzz kinda does this but it's shit (and so is anything else in the main book imo, at least if I want to use it more than twice).
What can you recommend and what supplement is it in?

You're both assets to the community, now hold hands.

In 5e, Bliss is almost exactly this: an opiate which gives combat buffs and is used partly for escapism.

Hey /srg/, I'm planning on running a 4E game set in Boston, Massachussets, but I'm still looking for information on the area, whether canon, semi-canon, or simply things you anons have done with the area. So far we've got MIT and it's magical branch there, a strong NeoNet presence and by proxy a decent gathering of white-collar Vory, and it basically being within the purview of the Five Families.

Beyond that, I'm still gathering infor for setting hooks and other happenings.

>Any big changes to the AAA?
I tone them down. Corps are more about money, influence and espionage rather than military power. They still can fight, but they can't oppose nation-states directly. Instead, they control them from the shadows.

It makes for far more interesting dynamics between nations and corps and creates more opportunities for runners.

I'm really burnt out now. I put a lot of effort into the next OP only to get sniped this guy who rushed to make a new thread.

You're wrong.
T. Differentfag

Omae, that's just realism. Which Cyberpunk doesn't jive with. Actual megacorps would never want full-on extraterritoriality because that implies a lot of responsibility. Similarly, nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be, but the real origin of the evil, in a disgusting corporatist union that is a blight on the free market.

But I happen to like realism...

What I have so far, but I still need to design a corporate logo and stat the major shareholders.
The idea is a modern take on the British East India Company, combined with the heavy Druidic influence that is the established tradition of the United Kingdom.
So, big on naval assets and supply ports around the world, all connected into a network of trade (reinforced by manalines).

What's the best way to make a Street Samurai who's an AI controlling a drone?

What's even the point of a street samurai if you can't go around arbitrarily murdering every enemy you see?

This is the troll I mentioned in As with the first character I'd appreciate any immediately obvious flaws you can spot or things you can think of improving.

I would also like to get some feedback on the flavor/rp of either or both characters.
The troll shares background with the other guy, both being members of a squad that doesn't exist since one of the guys died. Contrary to the other character and the fixer, a mutual contact, the troll is trying to leave the old life behind him, trying a more honest job working the on-and-off security detail and the occasional dose of Bliss to deal with his survivors guilt. The human doesn't really have a lot of understanding for the trolls lack of wanting revenge (hence the low loyalty ratings between the two), but the mutual contact of the two understands this and does not generally mind as much.
Obviously, leaving the life of a runner behind isn't as easy as one might think.

Depth 6, Direktionssekretär, Pilot heritage lv 1 or 2, that Quality that gives you a Bonus when optimizing your home device, smartlinksoftware for drones, smartgun, Armor with as many anti-electricity mods as you can afford.

Karma-Gen works best due to the shitty Prioritycharts AI get, but contrary to my inital assumptions, its still buildable with priogen. Just not as good.

Well it's kind of hard to fail. Even without much optimizing you can get 15+5d6 initiative and 22+ shooting dice straight out of chargen.

Max out your Depth, grab the Designer & Pilot Origins qualities (at least 1 rank), and then an anthroform body with at least 4 Body, and a Multidimensional Coprocessor. The rest is up to you, because you're already bloody awesome.

Addendum for:
I posted an old WIP sheet in the linked post (in the spoiler).
Comments are in Kraut, but the Chummer-File should be self evident. Built with Karmagen, but thanks to some technicalities, Skillpools and INI aren't shown properly. You can easily add them up yourself though:

foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/27807-ki-bauen/#entry501900

So an entire onboard cyberdeck isn't necessary?

Just posting this on an offchance, but is anyone going to be at RubiCon/WinterCon next weekend?

Nah, just take Pilot Origins. Deck or RCC are not needed and actually counterproductive.

You could grab a handheld Deck later ingame if you ever plan on dipping into more Hardcore-Decking, but thats entirely optional.

Chummer, an AI only touches a Cyberdeck if they want to go on the Matrix. They should ALWAYS use a Cyberdeck if they are on the Matrix. But an AI streetsam? No reason to go online at all.
Just stay in your drone(s) and stay out of G.O.D's way.

Thanks for the pointers! Here's some character art as a thank you.

Froganon translating the SOX sourcebook, here. Just wanted to post some shit to show that I'm actually working on this drek. Now that work is lightening up, I should be able to do a few pages a night.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tbh7C7YIiPgfFuJcgpoeRk0qP0vPM7i5tlhRtlVESDU/edit?usp=sharing

>anthroform

But what if I want to be a kawaii tank robot?

Awesome!

Then you simply take Pilot Origins(Groundcraft) instead of (Walker).

You are sorta shitposting, but actually.
An AI in one of those flying Drones might be pretty cool.

First game of shadowrun ever with the party tomorrow, what should I expect?

>playing a minotaur street samurai

And for Johnson meetings, you can just remote-control a Bust-a-Move in appropriate pilot-wear while you wait outside or at home in your garage.

Only murder people who don't matter to society

And nobody cares. Even my AA corps that are generally good are hilariously evil. Like 'we sold you a bomb inside your clone as a joke. Do something.'

Expect lots of awkward silence and shuffling as you pore through the rules again and again
I recommend getting a cheat sheet together with all your common rolls and modifiers

min-maxing

>realism
>libertarian

>what should I expect?
Recklessness, moral degeneracy, drug-abuse, and violence. Also lengthy, confusing rules lookups which raise more questions than they answer.

Strap in chummer.

>nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be
Wait

What

Yeah, I'm really not sure what he's getting at. Tirs, Japan, Amazonia. Real heroes.

Our GM house rules things and we look it up later so it's all good. Min-maxing gets stopped at character creation too.

... we may not have a face, or my intimidate might be the face. Is this bad?

I'm sorry, user, but that is rather awful art.

Remember that in Shadowrun your team is hired to do jobs.

So most likely, you won't be hired to do things that are obviously outside of your area of expertise... but situations may come up unexpectedly.

This would be kek.
I need to go over the different flying drones and see which ones are viable. You probably need at least two different ones, for convenience. And even then then you are missing out on about 3 dice for shooting compared to an Anthrodrone. Could still be viable because you can abuse gunnery to cheat on having to have different gunskills.

It's not bad but it's not good, either. Without dice to back you up it's entirely on you to lead conversations and ask questions, and even with dice you might not always know the right words to press your advantage. Face is one of the more ephemeral roles in SR, I find.

Doesn't bliss give insane de-buffs ?
Well besides its function as pain killer

Well, it's a sketch.

Well, I'm pretty sure at least OP does, since he did ask. I'm sure he cares about your dark and edgy world too user, so don't feel depressed.

Did anyone say anything about expecting nations to be goody two-shoes? Bongs are currently throwing people in jail for daring to disagree with the current government sanctioned narrative, and Norwegian cops are ordered to do body searches of random people walking on the streets of Oslo. We are already living in dystopia.

Well, the ares mule already had an in build arm, and can be quite study of nodded after the optional done rules.
Otherwise be the ultimate ATV warrior and get the steel lynx, or the Ares paladin, if you want to be extra tankt, and mod them with the vehicle rules.

Paladin is also already a tiny tank with group support.

??????????????????????????????????

If cloning large amounts of dinosaurs with implanted kill switches is evil in the event of a major escape, then yes, That's evil.
Naw, the true evil is intentionally releasing the dinosaurs into the wild to breed. Massive loss of profits, but on the upside, open-source dinosaurs.

Where did SR make them out to be saviours though?

Literally every chick in the game trying to get on that bull-cock

Exactly my original point. I didn't think the sarcasm was that difficult to read.

>Tfw playing female minotaur and still getting this
What is the deal?

>sarcasm
You mean irony. And yes, it wasn't obvious at all. I still don't have a clue what your real point is.

Could have something to do with your gigantic shemale dick

>Female minotaur

Touch the cow?

No, sarcasm. Original user said "nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be" and I was agreeing with someone who disagreed with that. To augment my disagreement, I listed a bunch of the nation states in Shadowrun, all of whom are at least depicted as morally ambiguous at least and downright despicable at worst, and then sarcastically said that they're "real heroes" which they evidently aren't to anyone with even a basic understanding of their backgrounds.

Does it make sense now?

do it now

But you still haven't made a point, because nobody ever said that SR nation-states are good guys. If you're the one who made the ironic comment about Japan et al. being heroes, then you are the confused one.

This has to count as Distinctive Style

????????????

>Similarly, nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be,
Do you have brain damage chummer?

But nobody ever made the claim that nation-states are saviours and neither is that implied in the rulebooks.

So, guys, 600 Karma/10 Availability for a street scum Group:
Acceptable, to much Karma, to little Karma?

Explanations for your reasoning would be highly appreciated.

user made the claim and the fact that it's not implied by the rulebooks is the point.

What is wrong with you?

>user made the claim
No, he didn't.

Then what the fuck did he claim?

update on the latent dracomorph chaos mystic adept group: haven't quite gotten to a point where a break in time has happened, so still waiting to post our exploits. However, I thought I should give a little teaser.

Drugmore (the latent drake chaos mysadept) just faced off against a Banshee LAV and actually dealt damage to it with small arms fire (because apparently a flame thrower counts as that), immediately following that the Banshee's pilot decides to ram the vehicle into him, crashing through a building into the street behind it.

Of course as Drugmore is a meme he survives it without spending edge.

up next: >The Gang Deals with a Johnson who won't pay up

fuck, thought that would've done green text

That nation-states are simply more powerful than corps. Not that they're morally better.

That was a response to someone who did not imply that nation-states are good guys.

Too little. Any sane player will stick 450+ into attributes. Skills are easier to raise.

>Similarly, nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be, but the real origin of the evil, in a disgusting corporatist union that is a blight on the free market.

Clearly, in context, user is not just speaking to the power of nation states, but their morals/ethics as well.

>surviving a crash with a 20 BOD 8 Speed Vehicle

Wow, so you couple shitty rules knowledge or stupid handwaving with retarded characters, who would have imagined.

>dracomorph chaos mystic adept group
And another one for my list of reasons to never ever let new players play MysAdepts.
Shit seems to attract special snowflake Players / ThatGuys like nothing else.

>There's a Scooby-Doo of that. No exceptions.

To be fair, statting talking dogs as shamanic spirits makes way too much sense, in both canons.

Can cyberdeck modules be put into commlinks?

But that is a retarded statement since the user he responded to didn't say anything about morals, and SR rulebooks don't make nations out as the good guys either.

The fact it's a retarded statement is the inception for the comments about how it's a retarded statement.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Then why the fuck are people butting in the discussion?

This guy gets it.

Because someone doesn't appear to understand that the comments towards the original retarded statement were deriding said retarded statement, not actually trying to argue it/agree with it.

Comlinks are devices, so yes.

No, that someone just doesn't understand how
>Similarly, nation-states are not the saviors SR makes them out to be, but the real origin of the evil, in a disgusting corporatist union that is a blight on the free market.
can be a sarcastic comment.

It's not.

>Tirs, Japan, Amazonia. Real heroes.

On the other hand, is.

But how the fuck is that sarcastic since it agrees with the guy who said they aren't saviours?

This discussion has been going on for hours now
How about instead you chummers help me out and post good cyberpunk music for calm scenes and also really intense scenes, a lot of the music I can find is in a weird place between the two

Less autism. More cowtits.

Tits, Nips, Mammazonia. Real heroes.

>cowtits
I'd rather have the autism, thanks.

Commlinks have attributes equal to their rating except for attack and sleaze, which they have no rating for, right?

nah, no handwaves
The dice really fucking hated the GM tonight, the fucker also built his character to be very tough. He had like 1 over flow box not filled in.

You are a sad, strange little man.

Yep, that's it. You want a good firewall, get a good commlink.

How do I add drone modifications in Chummer5? I can't seem to get the Rigger 5 material to show when I right click > Add Modification. (And yes I have the books enabled)

forgot to add: only had it's body for the damage, wasn't going that fast

Enable the rule for it in the options. It's not enabled by default.