Saturday Night Movies Thread

Saturday Night Movies Thread.

Your favorite good/bad movies for inspiring games, hanging out and having a good fantasy/scifi time:

>Heavy Metal
>Wizards
>Fire & Ice
>Spice City

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B3ZDQRHAotg
youtube.com/watch?v=3t1NuAQj0vY
youtube.com/watch?v=xssCyfRu3iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That list is pretty much it OP.
I'd add Star Chaser Legend of Orin and Time Masters to the list but most would probably disagree.

Time Masters?

This movie is a great inspiration. It has a ton of wild fantasy martial artists fighting each other.

Tarna's pact is what my paladins recite before smiting.

Space Adventure Cobra.
youtube.com/watch?v=B3ZDQRHAotg

>Tarna's pact is what my paladins recite before smiting.

If you have the Blue Öyster Cult album Fire of Unknown Origin, it has a song on it called "Vengeance (The Pact)" which was recorded for but not used in the movie; "Veteran of the Psychic Wars", co-written with Elric author Michael Moorcock was, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=3t1NuAQj0vY

Kung Fu Hustle is one of the best things to ever come out of China. It's comedic genius.

I've played the song during games when my paladin was the main focus.

I love that album. Most of it was clearly written for the movie and unfortunately not used.

the only time I got high I spent almost the entire time watching a red bike light flash on a wall imagining it was the orc scenes from his lotr adaptation.

youtube.com/watch?v=xssCyfRu3iM

Put Gandahar/ Light Years in there.

Absolutely. Crazy film.

>Put Gandahar/ Light Years in there.

Dammit, user... I'd forgotten about that movie. Great choice! How about we add:

Aliens
Pacific Rim
Robot Jox
Starship Troopers
Blade Runner
Gunhed
Oblivion
Sucker Punch
Rock 'n' Rule
The Body Electric
Dragon's Heaven
Secret of Kells
Appleseed
Lupin III and the Castle of Cagliostro
Vexille
The Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Willow

Classic. Nice.

> The Last Unicorn
I liked the skeleton from Lear's castle so much that I added him to several campaigns.

Air brushed sky's in films make me nervous as fuck. I think it's because that was just the style for final encounters when I was young and now I have it permanently associated with terror.

Hell yeah, beaut of a movie. Always makes me cry.

Bloodbaths?

That is an everything list.

This and Taoism Drunkard are incredible

This is one of the best things to watch when you're bombed.

Always wanted to run a game of Paranoia modified for this setting.

Have I got some good news for you:

>Playground Adventures will release a roleplaying game based on The Last Unicorn. The classic fantasy novel by Peter S. Beagle was originally published in 1968 and ranked at number five in Locus Magazine’s greatest fantasy novels of all time in 1987, though it may be best known to many by the 1982 Rankin-Bass feature film. Few details have been announced about the game version other than a planned 2018 release, but Playground Adventures has a long track record of creating child-friendly roleplaying games that still have enough depth for adults to enjoy, such as their adventures for the My Little Pony- inspired Pathfinder game Ponyfinder.

I'd really love it if they had a skeleton race.

A Flight of Dragons
Starchaser the Legend of Orin
The Last Unicorn
The Black Cauldron
Legend
The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen

>Space Adventure Cobra.
This is absolutely amazing. Thanks for the recommendo.