>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Other urls found in this thread:

uhu-profishop.com/uhu-plus-epoxy-quick-set-adhesive-double-syringe-27g.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder!

How do you guys like my finished krieg troopers? CC for the painting scheme? Should I paint the eagle on the helmet metallic and add bare metal spots on the armor for a more "weathered" look?

Man, I always want to join these but the odds of giving something the person wouldn't want always stops me

Even if it's something they don't necessarily want, they might develop an interest simply by having it. I was given a half empty box of catachans back in the day, when I had no interest in guard, and they turned into my second army.

Blurry/10.

Yep, that's the spirit. I mean we're all hobbyists and one of the joys (at least for me) is using stuff in cool and new ways. So actually, you can't gift 'wrong' things.
Join us! The more the merrier

Just buy a bunch of shit that everyone uses and put in a nice card or somethin

It's the thought that counts.

Hey fa/tg/uys, haven't painted since 2012, fifth marine I've painted from my tac squad I finished yesterday. I know, photographed with flash but I haven't got around to building a small lightbox (yet) and every single pic without it just shows fuck all, even when following instructions in OP. Missing decals which I will make custom, BA succsessors pretty much painted like DA because painting red proves to be an exercise in futility, which brings me to the second part of this post:

How the fuck can you get a decent red just with brushes?! I tried Mephiston Red on black and grey primer and even with the third coat it still looks like shit on both, same for the Vallejo Extra Opaque equivalent (where I love to use the green), painting on white primer is a no go because the primers themselves are horrible to apply in the first place (tried AP and GW sprays plus the Vallejo brush-on primer). It's the main reason why I don't do red BA succsessors but I really want to!

Try burnt umber from Vallejo (or any other dark brown) as a base beneath your red.

Just a question of building, /wip/. For something the size of a Contemptor/Leviathan Dreadnought, will superglue be enough, or should I go with something else? I was tihnking of 2 component epoxy glue, this stuff to be precise: uhu-profishop.com/uhu-plus-epoxy-quick-set-adhesive-double-syringe-27g.html
I guess I'll pretty much need it for a Knight Castigator too.

Another angle.

Since a couple of kind anons recommended I try pin washing my tanks and Valkyrie, I just wanted to let them know I will strip and repaint them to try it out. Thanks for the advice!

Superglue will work though pinning is always a help.
If it's plastic, use plastic glue.

As said brown layer, then red.

They're the Forgeworld resin stuff. Guess I gotta go with pinning then, at least on some parts.

Alright, definitly gonna try it, I'd buy the Mephiston Red spray but, damn, is it expensive!

Working on a closed top Salamander Command Vehicle for my polandia guard. The stowage is removable so I can put different game related goodies on back.

Good way to finally finish up my army? About a battle company of dark angels I've been slowly gathering the last 5 years, most of it is still grey plastic

Tbh, the sprays are nice if you paint an army that uses a lot of the colour. Like the Leadblecher spray is pretty great for batchpainting Necrons and everything thats a big robot with lots of metal parts.

better?

immensely
The look very realistic colour wise only work would be the metal on the rifle, it's both shiny and spotty, like a dollar toy, id recommend a full metal layer and then a wash to darken it down and accentuate crevices.

thanks, what do you think about the eagle on the helmet? should i add brass or just leave it for the grunts?

Someone on tg recommended starting metallic red with gold/brass. Can anyuone here elaborate? Or if feeling extra generous post a dark red metallic power armor tutorial?

Brass or steel for me, though I can see leaving them as is as well since a shiny forehead badge would be a tempting target in the trenches.

Gloss or semi?

Not big on morty's face, trying a chainmail thing. How's it look?
I like it, but I want opinions and critique from some folks better at sculpting than I am.

Think about it like the metal on a car. I want the armor to look like it's really metal.

Bit too much hijab over it.

Like this?

A red clear on gold or brass will be richer, warmer in color, most silvers are cold, blue-ish colors, which results in a colder red.

Image attached is a tutorial for metallic red, but this trends to the cold side, as it uses a silver base and blue pre-shading.
Scaling it down to work for power armour shouldn't be too difficult.

Liliana really let herself go...

Gloss black base, shiny silver layer, clear red layer.

user wants marines like pic related I assume.

The thing is, if you hadn't said it I wouldn't have know that's where his face goes.

At the very least you need to leave a slit for him to look through.
Though maybe some a bit more flavorful would be a mask like the leper king Baldwin IV in Kingdom of heaven or the leper from darkest dungeon.

>every single pic without it just shows fuck all
Throw that bitch in the fridge

Those are a bit too bright and far too glossy (these are for WE)
Better but hoping to get it darker.

I put a mask on Yvraine

Use a less bright silver under

>Better but hoping to get it darker.
Use a deeper tone as a base, perhaps go for something like a copper or a darker silver, like gun metal or something.

>Gloss black base
>shiny silver layer
modulate that silver so you have a good range of shading/highlight
>clear red layer.

mortys face is the best part about that model
but i guess if it has to go that isnt the way to do it

He looks like a Dark Souls boss now

Why does she wear the mask?

because not wearing head protection in battle is stupid. Unless you're an Ork, then its good fun ladz.

It is removable tho. It's only on there with blue tak.

I´d do this but I feel bad for anyone sending anything to me as I live in Europe and the dollar tells me that this is done by Americans...

I think a regular Harlequin mask would work better, the death jester one is a bit too long and over the top imo

I doubt you'll be the only EU participant user.

Dollar is just for standardisation.

>Just buy a bunch of shit that everyone uses and put in a nice card or somethin

Last year, my Secret Santa lot included a load of Cadbury's candies. Veeky Forums or not, you better believe they were a big hit around here. After we polished it off, my wife went out to World Market and bought more of our favourites!

You're not the only eurofag here, user. Austria here.

Lot of loyalty for a hired leader!

Apparently there's already a fair few aussies, if us upside down fucks are in I'm sure there will be a decent amount of euros

Think this would work for Conscripts? Sixty of these dudes, 30 with helmets, 10 each of the reamining heads and a rough 50/50 spread of drum vs banana mags, possibly with a slight bias towards drums, and maybe 25 helmets and 15 pilotkas. RA2 themed army, with the generic Primaris Psyker model since he's basically Yuri already.

Certainly. Looks the part. Where are these from?

Because no one cared who she was until she put on the mask.

Much appreciated. I was thinking about adding an opening on the right for a single eyehole. As for the leper king mask, I haven't googled it yet, but I will see , thanks

If someone pulled it off, would she die?

it would be extremely painful

Mad Robot, planning on ordering 6 custom 10-man squads. Gonna be expensive a fuck though.

You're a big guy

You may be right. Though it being removable means she could have a bunch of masks!

that's a lazy conversion user but i like it. put some more comm gear and scanners/scopes and a searchlight to it to make it more look more like a command vehicle

also
>polandia gaurd?

WIP of my Shadespire orcs

I think you can look at 3rd party alternatives and other bits to cut down on cost. Pig Iron makes various heads in large quantities. You could probably get Cadian arms with pads cheaper than Mad Robot ones, but they don't come with the gloves though.

>purple
nice

I thought /wip/ secret santa was to exchange hobby gifts? You just got sent candy?

Learn to read you silly user, he said "included".

you could of made it more like pic related

For the Union!

I completely support this action and demand you keep us up to date if you do it

Does anyone here know an easier way to attach both arms onto a staff? I'm currently trying to assemble a squad of Lychguard and for the ones that are holding their staves with both hands I always have to manhandle them to make sure they stay in place and I always end up fusing my fingers to it.

Buying bulk from them I can get 10 dudes for 35 dollaridoos, and while Pig Iron's heads are neat, they're really the only bits that fit what I'm going for. and Cadian arms come with lasguns and no giant gloves, and I really like the look of the totally not PPSh.

But thanks for the tip anyway, might try looking for alternatives, but so far I really like how close they get to the exact thing I'm going for.

BROTHER!

I'm using pic related as my Celestine. Does anyone know of any kind of "spooky cloaked flying thing" that would match her to use as the Geminae Superia?

How much of a faggot would I be if I sent something that costs about 50€? I know it says 10-15$, but I can barely find anything in my LGS that would be in that range, aside from maybe some dice or those shitty pushfit models. But it also seems a bit unfair towards the other participants, and maybe not quite in the spirit of the secret santa

I like it a lot.
It is weird and unnatural, and that is what exactly chaos should be.
Keep the hijab.

Most of the gifts I've seen were definitely more than 10-15, I think that's just a minimum

After thinking about it a bit, I think this actually works nicely.
Like said, it's kind of disturbing, and it makes you wonder how mutated and gross his face is underneath.

I just finished painting this lord of contagion today. I'm pretty happy with it but I'm still new to painting. Do you guys have any constructive criticism?

I actually really like the way it looks. Like others have said it's kind of off putting, which fits in with chaos.

>willingly giving your address to people on Veeky Forums
Enjoy your semen laden paints, your colon dwelling miniatures, and that pubic hair "sable" brush.

honestly I'd just give him a facial shroud under it, like a ninja mask, like he hated looking at himself.
its a good idea and decent exectution, just doesnt work for such a big centerpiece model.

Pretty solid dude, nice job. Next time try for thinner highlight lines. It tends to look a bit thick around the holes in his armor

The fact that your address will be out there too kinda stops that from being an issue

Well, that's a relief. Guess I gotta get to the LGS soon.

I want to believe that at least /wip/ is a bit different from the ocean of piss we post in every day, and not completely full of faggots.

He could use some shading, I think. Especially on the armour. And I guess you tried highlighting or layering the horn on his helmet? Looks like you slipped off a bit on the flat side.

And I'll just shamelessly use this post to post my slightly updated Krieg commander, based on the suggestions in the previous thread.

Is the best way to achieve that just with a smaller brush? I used the citadel brand small layer brush.

PO Box or using a neighbor's address?

Yeah, well I never would've believed you if you told me that I'd get diagnosed with cancer and yet here I am, user. Shit happens.

Steadier hand and a smaller brush for those smaller surfaces

Thanks, I'm always worried about adding to much and making the model busy. I'll look through my bits for more scanner gear and the like. And my guard army is based on the polish winged hussars but instead as their mostly in chimera chassis they're the Armored Hussars, defenders of the planet polania.

it's too flat, it's static it looks like a chunk of metal with holes it should drape like fabric, like the chainmail on his cloak

I'd do the base fabric shape let it cure then thin coat of more green to poke holes in

candyass marines

>something you think they'll like

I'm thinking 3 $5 blowjobs from a crackwhore, just not sure how to send it.

what spray primer for acrylics?

needed some more blue and was looking at the hobby store, they were clueless and the only primer didn't say anything about using with acrylics because I've been using god damned testors why didn't anybody say I'm clueless too but yeah, what spray primer for acrylics?

the good news is straight up goo gone is great for stripping enamel test spots

that's a nice theme user, will there be winged roughriders on motorcycles to storm ahead of the chimera's?

if you have some thin wire, give it an aireal like this chimera. the base is some thin plasic tubing, then wrap ~1cm in some masking tape tapering it down to simulate a spring, glue it on your model. long range vox to call hq check

my DICK!

So i'm just getting into painting, and I've finished a handful of guys, and I'm having trouble basing them. I don't like bases with a lot going on, and I was thinking of just doing astro-granite and then drybrushing it with ushabti bone. Would it bother people if I had really simple bases?

I don't see why it should. Sometimes simple is better

good simple is better than asstier complex

however I've seen some bases that outshine the model