/cyoag/ - CYOA General - "A man speaks truth" Edition

Previous thread: "A man speaks truth" edition
Archives and other things: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
New archive (can also be found in the pastebin): mega.nz/#F!rZImQQbI!q0_MBu6MEWP8Hn3jd4Nvag

Anyone got Comfy Spaceship?

I do.

Could you share it?

Ye.

Thank.

Android Waifu OC

Started this thread with some top quality ones, huh boys?

Correctly formatted OP? Did OP finally learn to love women again?

Also, every girl best girl. Really, I can go for everyone except maybe Goblin...

Italics is a hack. A hack!

>Did OP finally learn to love women again?
No I'm high out of my fucking mind and miffed at how the last threads have been formatted.

Why are you playing with my heart user?

Highlander, sweet Highlander, when the fuck is Traveller 2.0 coming out?

>Hog Wild
>Common names: Highlander

Now that's absolutely harem.

Who knows if they still make heart medication?

Someone clearly hasn't been giving you your depression meds, at least.

You are going to kill me because i can't dismantle and sell the poor girls.

>Salvage
"Yun-Seo"
"Ms. Smith"
>Life expenses
Keep them -520

Fuck wrong link

I mean, he set it up so you're going to die even if you take the two most expensive and sell them, so I don't see why you're bothering with it at all. If anything it's a cry for help from someone who seriously needs to be medicated and not a CYOA.

Why do people tend to put such disproportionate work into the "companions" section of CYOAs? Especially when the companions section is easily as large as the rest of the CYOA combined?

People like and enjoy them.

Why not?

Because creating interesting characters takes work, and you need at least as much diversity of choice for companions as for other elements.

Okay yeah but three and a half out of five pages of this CYOA are companions. 70% of the CYOA is companions.

Doesn't that seem a bit unbalanced?

To properly build companions is to give a certain organic feel to the cyoa world and it can also tell the lore through their backstories and affiliations.

Also, have some OC.

You're going to die some day but not tomorrow or the day after. You might not be able to buy more radiation pills, but you still have some left, and you've been skipping doses to make them last longer. You also aren't in immediate danger of dying of starvation or of being made an example of by debt collectors. In fact, all it takes is a single ¥400 purchase to (maybe, if you're lucky) escape this and and end up as a slave to a company that will pay you the bare minimum to keep you from dying.

Had to fix an important typo

That's a weak defense. "You'll die within the year but you'll last a day!" Just see your psychiatrist, please. You seriously need help.

>He takes 3 out of 5 pages of a CYOA being companion is unbalanced.
user you haven't' experienced true companionship.

Give me the waifu.

If you're going to post that OC, then I'm going to post this, which is kind of OC since I had only previously posted it in /trash/!

You don't need as much text to introduce equipment, parts, spells etc. People are complex and eat up more text.

>Hating lore
What a dumbass, your tastes are as bad as your CYOA.

No lore is also an option, you strange person.

There's no such thing as excessive lore. You hate anything shallower than the mud puddle you spawned in, so again, shit taste.

I'll take the girl on the left.

Are you not listening? You can survive for maybe a normal human lifespan if you pay someone who matters to pretend you're distantly related to them, and you manage to use this to get a job somewhere.

You appear to be quite upset.

>Making joking insults
>Upset
Your father smelled of elderberry.

It's true, but at least my mother wasn't a hamster.

Not even that user, but insulting someone off of a single image they posted does seem pretty mad.

user, stop ignoring my advice. Your defense has become "You might get a job, and you'll be working 24/7 at poverty levels and that's a good solution!" Get some help.

Suit: Medium (180)

Specialty: none (200)

User interface: nerve suit (195)

HUD
Enhanced vision (190)
Navigation (185)
External sensors (175)

Communication
Voice (170)
Universal translator (165)

Biology: Hydra nanites (155)

Utilities
Collapsable (150)
Self -repair (135)

Combat
Non-lethal set (130)
Cutting blades (120)
Ballistics(110)
Kinetic strike module (100)
Plasma gun (85)
EMP Cannon (70)

Defenses
Improved hull (55)
Distortion field (40)

Locomotion
Adhesion (30)
Flight (0)

Where do you think you are?

>I will drown in shit fury
Initially I read furry and was confused about the logistics of that.

Definitely made me chuckle. Ironically enough it actually looks quite a bit better than a decent amount of 'serious' cyoas. It definitely lacks a 'stretching images like a troglodyte' option.

Glad you liked it, I rather like that permutation of the navy seal pasta. Stretching would be a good option to add, but it would be improper to update Bad CYOA.

Y'know, I once took a computer software course as required filler and one of the things we were advised to do is stretch images at every opportunity rather than cropping.

Your jackpot trips are noted.

It's awful when the aspect ratio is changed. That really fucks with it.

Wasn't there a WiP Cyoa named Shells or something along those lines?

Just wanted to note how absurdly incompetent the people writing textbooks are, which is why the idea that stretching is always okay has come from. It spreads from there. In any sane universe they'd teach you to only stretch if you absolutely know what you're doing and try cropping first.

My favorite part of it is
>not only am I extensively accessed by trains
Just picturing that gives me a chuckle.

It depends on the situation.
For CYOAs, where image sizes are standardized and their appearance matters over their content, then cropping (and limited resizing) >>> stretching.
For something like a diagram, where every part of the image is useful and the aspect ratio doesn't matter too much, stretching is at least worth considering.

Maybe its a old textbook?

Definitely. If it's a very simple image, I could understand stretching, like stretching a simple gradient or something. For anything resembling a picture, or a even slightly varying design, stretching seems to work out really badly.

Being old doesn't really excuse being wrong, you know. Being outdated is fine, but the knowledge in regards to absolute basic stuff like that hasn't changed one bit in the last decades.

>You are going to kill me because i can't dismantle and sell the poor girls.

You can leave Ms. Smith: no one will ever take her in all likelihood. It would be almost merciful to dismantle Aafiya rather than leaving her alive. Krystal hasn't even been opened yet. Killing her would be no worse than harvesting the stem cells from a frozen embryo.

While I don't want to wade into the middle of this, there's DEFINITELY such a thing as excessive lore. Or, to reframe it, excessive attempts at lore that are just out of place and poorly presented, especially when in huge blocks of text that break the flow. Which is what the satirical CYOA you're referring to was referring to.

We could post some more CYOAs please?

Ok, user.

Some top grade stuff right now.

>You are going to kill me because i can't dismantle and sell the poor girls.
Do keep in mind, selling them isn't the only way to make money. For example, Aafiya is already radiated, and she was designed for search and rescue. If and when you help her work through her issues, she could travel deeper into No Man's Land than any human. It is a cyberpunk dystopia, so if you want hope it is up to you to come up with a solution.

Aafiya is too crippled to be useful.

This was surprisingly good.

Fix her?

See I understand that the bottom text on the lower right is supposed to make me concerned or scare me off or whatever but all it does is make me unbelievably attracted to her when before she was just kind of boring.

Then you've found a good match. Congratuations! A lot of people also really like the aunt.

>Implying one arm in no man's land isn't better than no arms in no man's land
Besides, it just so happens that "Ms. Smith" is missing the exact opposite arm, and holographic helpers were a dime a dozen back in the day...

Missing an arm and part of a leg.

>the pile of shit has Zooey's ribbon on it
Patrician taste user.

Any good sigil makers?

I am almost done the Fantasy Nation Builder and just need to make sigils for allied nations (and to find pictures for waifus).

I like the aesthetic of the Game of Thrones Join the Realm one, but I feel that one is too commonly known and the inability to remove the "House" at the top irritates me.

Praises to whoever offers a suggestion.

>Terminal illness
Over the fucking line.

Here you go user.

Can the aunt be only related via marriage?

Threadly reminder that the Kitsune is the best option in this CYOA

I wouldn't mind being in a physically abusive relationship so long as I get to spill my seed into my twin sister and make a perfect clone of myself.

Games, for a more immersive life-experience.

>Part of a leg
I don't see a leg missing in either their pictures or their descriptions, so I'd assume that there'd be at least one of each between them.

>tfw I indirectly helped creating OC

>he set it up so you're going to die even if you take the two most expensive and sell them, so I don't see why you're bothering with it at all.

If you play by the rules you spend your 900 on the Letter, Debt coverage, and Radiation Pills, and a nest egg to keep the goons off your back while you work as a slave. Or you die. That's the post-apocalyptic Cyberpunk future for you! Either you take the slave option or you won't manage playing by their rules

So we are going to CHEAT HEINOUSLY with a little plan I like to call "The Con"

>State 1: Salvage
We're taking Yuan-seo and Ms. Smith. Both of them have two working legs (unlike Aafiya) and a conflux of useful skills and no spyware not found in Krystal (True, the home she'd be programmed to call is probably long gone, but long-range coms is dangerous).

That's our two. Get in, get out. But that's where I'm done playing by the rules

>Stage 2: Cheating for Fun and Profit
"See this? What I've got here is a Silicon Secretary 9E, near perfect condition, fully operable. You and I both know what the parts are worth five hundred on the open market, but the closed market? There are fucking people for who this thing is a collector's item, and I have an in with one who'd pay at least a thousand. The catch is it takes money to make money, and I'll need at least three hundred for some good clothes and greased palms if I'm going to make the rendezvous to squeeze more out of this one. That's where you come in. Give me an advance of three hundred, and I'll make the sale. That's a thousand to me, or more, and I'll cut you in sixty-forty. If it falls through, well, first I'll eat my hat, but in that case I'll still have five hundred in prime parts, more than enough to pay you back. The risk's on my head, but I'll take it. I just need three hundred to get my foot in the door and a prime specimen like this one here to make a good first sale, which is by far the harder to come by."

>Stage 3: Life Expenses
So, I swindled someone else in the cyberpunk underworld out of 300 currency, secured by my possession of Yuan-seo, who is hopefully learning what's become of the world. I need those radiation pills. I'd like the Water Filter, but while it's the more valuable item it's also the more able to be replaced. The pills are indispensable and irreplaceable. That's 200. The remaining 100 buys me the same thing as the pills, just in a different way: time. I can't have DuCorp breathing down my neck, not if I want to pull this off. 100 is a show of good faith, that I'm the kind of debtor they'll be able to squeeze. It'll be the last hundred they get out of me, but by the time they realize that it should be satisfying enough; A small fry like me isn't going to be worth the effort to follow where I'm gonna go

>Stage 4: No Man's Land
I have a bottle of radiation pills, the artificial brain of a secretary bot, and the natural survival skills of "Ms. Smith" who is somehow still functioning probably two decades after I saw her break down. The great thing about taking this party to No Man's Land? No mans! Nobody I cheated is going to be crazy enough to get themselves killed trying to extract debt from a "dead man", at least that's what I'm counting on, and there's a lot more world out there than the Cyberpunk Dystopia Undercity. Who knows what all? Acid-bleeding gribbly aliens? Giant monsters made of undead mammals smashed together? Fungus forests populated by giant god-like pillbugs? Pure lands where the fucking earthworms figured out how to gobble up all the toxic shit? Who the heck knows? Me, soon enough! I may still die, but I'll die in company that gives me a fighting chance and I'll die Choosing my Own Adventure.

What ever happened to SDA?

Read, you shit.

Didn't link it before, but (cheating) build for

Mass Effect 3: for alien harems
CSGO: for combat skills and unlimited weapons
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Make me look badass for alien chicks by kill the fuck out of dragons and screaming fireballs like a one man metal band
Left 4 Dead 2: Swarms of undead, dragons, and undead dragons threaten our alien waifus and fortified cities. Our team shall fight them all....and the Russians. Oh and I'll take the powers of the Tank.

Ah, it was a shorter mention near the middle of a paragraph.
Still, Ms. Smith has a leg, and if that doesn't work, peglegs worked for humans just fine.

Hey oh Nameless user, what cyoas have you made so I can add them to the mega or sort them properly into an Unknown Author directory? Thanks!

I would love to cuddle with the weresheep right now.

I'm so flipping tired.

but it is shit