Rules-lite

>rules-lite
>story focused system
>narrative experience

>OP can't RP.

>german-women-raped-berlin

What did (s)he mean by this?

>faggots actually think having non-existent or non-functional combat mechanics means a system is better for RP

Those are code words for "This book is written by some pretentious hipster who couldn't come up with actual rules but needs money for Starbucks."

>I came here to wargame, wake me when the battle mat is on the table

>simulationist game
>GM stunned the second something not covered by RAW comes up
Your pee pee is small and your taste in waifus is sub-par. Fuck your mother.

Yea as opposed to those wonderful games about rulings vs rules or that give you 1000 spells that do random things or let you randomly generate your dick size.

Oh I'm sorry I'm talking out my ass what ya'll clearly mean to say is

>Why don't people just play D&D and GURPS like NORMAL PEOPLE

>I can't wrap my head around the fact that having any semblance of rules for combat couldn't possibly mean the game is focused on non-combat things
how are the acoustics in your anus?

I mean most "rules light story focused narrative experience" systems I can think of have rules for combat.

What exactly is your argument here or are you just here to greentext and shitpost?

GURPS is actually anathema to the average D&PF player. Something about the a la carte mechanics and non-d20 resolution system throws them into fits.

Don't worry, you're not alone I guzzle cum Too :^)

I've literally never heard what differentiates a "rules light story focused narrative experience (insert other buzzwords here)" system and a regular system beyond focus on combat. However, I've never experience a "rules heavy" or whatever system that uses combat as a crutch. So I fail to see the point to "rules lite" games other than a fear of large books or a desire to invalidate "Rollplayers" as real gamers.
Also nice reddit spacing kido

We don't take kindly FATE gamers here. You have to go back.

Some people need the approval of a book to use their imagination.

>gatekeeping this hard
Some people don't give a shit how other people have their fun

>I'm masterfully uninformed on this topic
Thank you we know.

>you called me out for being a gate-keeping badwrongfun asshat
>uhhh... n-no u

Truth hurts. Go back to your x-card safe space without rules and first grade math.

> Inb4 microscope is an awesome rpg

The only good roleplay systems are those with shitty or near nonexistent combat systems set in the "modern" world because people nearly never know the lore well enough and there doesn't exist enough of a connection for the average pleb to create an engaging narrative and not have it just devolve into murderhoboing.

Fight me.

>invalidate "Rollplayers" as real gamers
>calls others reddit
Get the fuck out of here, moron.

>So mad he argues for my point
Thanks kido

>freeform roleplaying

The obvious solution is to make murderhoboing the default
There is nothing wrong with being a hobo; even hobos have friends and territory. The problem is when players have no connections to the world and can't be assed to make them.
The solution obviously being to not let the players do everything.
Fighter wants a plate armor? I don't care how much gold he has, not every smith has that training. So he better buddy up with McSmith, only smith for miles around who knows how to create and repair armor.

People who categorize all systems into "doorstopper ruleset that requires an advanced math degree to figure out its special-rule mechanics for basic actions" and "basically freeform RP" are the fucking worst.

A good system balances both, having enough crunch to feel like an actual game rather than glorified permission to play pretend, and just being an exercise in paperwork stopping you from having fun. It doesn't matter what your preference is, a good system needs to balance both of these things. Where that exact balance lies is, of course, a matter of taste.

I prefer to play rules-heavy character focused narrative experiences.

>this is the sort of thread rng obsessed wargame autists make

>Popcorn Guy will never change because he's got nothing else. He fundamentally decided long ago not to have a life. Popcorn guy's idea of entertainment is--let's look at this objectively--not even Dungeons and Dragons but watching strangers argue about Dungeons and Dragons on his computer. This guy literally has such a low bar for an interesting life that there is no greater social reward you could offer him that would be more important than the glee of watching innocent people fend off crazy accusations online. Ending this would leave them only with their basement and their copy of Fate Core.

The law that governs best is the law that governs least. Always sad to see slaves of authoritarian regimes rage against their free and liberated neighbors. Simple, understandable, flexible laws are the right of all beings, maybe someday you too will know freedom rather than gulag.

>let Dark Heresy
>let people who know the lore do what the want
>make everybody else pick a planet
>develop their backstory over time as they learn the setting

it's a crop from german propaganda poster, where russian soldiers are depicted as barbaric murderers and rapists, is called "Liberators" or some shit

>BW
I like you and your style, user