warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Duncans Playlist
wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=04fqKt-cB3I

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Tyranid Codex epub (Expires 18/Nov)
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz

Tyranid Codex PDF (Expires 18-Nov)
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

my dudes > your dudes

Everyones dudes> My dudes

How silly is it to put Chamelenic Mutation and One Step Ahead on a Trygon Prime when your two HQ's are Neurothropes? Hive Fleet Kraken btw.

>Oudated memes
Neck yourself.

What's the optimum setup for a Nemesis Dreadknight? Hammer or Sword?

>outdated

It's called "classic" plebian. Show some respect.

How would you do tyranid army based on the court the the Nephilim king?

So I'm running a mash of Purifiers and Paladins plus papa Draigo. A real 'funsies' list that I don't expect to see a lot of wins with, but something I can have fun playing.Yes, it's me, the Purifier fanboy. I'm just going to run Crowe as a bro-champ because holy shit his rules are pants on head retardedly bad.

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Grandmaster Kaldor Draigo
-- Sanctuary, Gate of Infinity
Apothecary
-- Daemonhammer, Sanctuary
Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon, Gate of Infinity
Paladin Squad
-- Paragon with Daemonhammer
-- 3x with Falchions, Hammerhand
Paladin Squad
-- Paragon with Daemonhammer
-- 3x with Falchions, Hammerhand

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Brother-Captain -WARLORD-
-- Daemonhammer, Purge Soul, First to the Fray
Brotherhood Champion
-- Cuirass of Sacrifice, Hammerhand
Brotherhood Ancient
-- Banner of Refining Flame, Falchion, Gate of Infinity
Purifier Squad
-- 4x with Falchions, Knight of the Flame with Halberd
Purifier Squad
-- 4x with Falchions, Knight of the Flame with Halberd
Land Raider Crusader
-- Twin Assault Cannon, Multi Melta, Hurricane Bolters, Storm Bolter

So my question to you guys is this:
Draigo or Voldus?
Land Raider Crusader, Vortimer, or Godhammer?

Holy FUCK that's cool.

why take a primaris captain in grav armor over a vanilla capitan with SS?

apoc?

New Tigershark, shooty-missile variant might be the best version

T8 W16 BS2+ Sv3+ 5++ Airborne+Hard to hit
So it isn't made of glass and is pretty accurate

Heavy 16 Str 6 AP-1 D1
Heavy 2D6 Str 6 AP-2 D2
Assault 4 Str 7 AP-1 Dd3
Assault 6 Str 7 AP-1 D1

Not bad firepower for 415 points. Guess you could also spend another 30 pts for 6 mortal wounds with seekers

seems sensible enough.
Warlord doesn't need to be the HQ.

So when are they going to finally squat tycho from the game? He has been dead for a while now.

T5

More on this interesting splinter fleet

Reposting from last thread...

Anyone have ideas on how to do alpha legion in a cool way?

Right now I'm considering buying the chadmarines and Fielding them as alpha legion, and potentially doing them with a 'decloaking' effect, to look as though they are disguised as ultrasmurfs or something, but are actually alphas.

Another idea is to do chaos Marine models, but make them look like toned down a bit, more like normal marines to blend in, removing some of the excess spikes and skulls etc.

Pic related, it's the decloaking effect. Thinking it night look cool if done halfway across the marines body, diagonally, so that the false chapter emblem is still visible on the pauldron but the helmet is alpha legion

Anyone hear anything new on adeptus titanicus?

In genr What's your favorite little thing your army can do. I like flying my shit over terrain pieces while the guy in playing against bottle necks his forces.

>taking a brotherhood champion over Crowe
>taking a brother-captain in a purifiers detachment
smdh

Draigo is much fluffier than Voldus for this list, and you should probably take a Godhammer since you're really lacking in AT.

I'm looking through the Nid codex, and noticed that termagaunts can take toxin sacs... Why?

They have no melee weapons and the rule for toxin sacs very clearly states that it is for rolls in the fight phase only.

Found the Ork player

To your pic, that's a pretty cool look. Didn't see the Decloak necessarily but it does look cool.

I really don't know, I wish it effected their too wound on shooting, would then be useful otherwise hilariously useless.

Purifiers are shit anyway, may as well go full retard and pick the leader of the potatoes, Crowe.

They have close combat weapons, as any unit not described as being equipped with anything do

Blood angels and khorne daemons actually.

Under-rated marine units?

I'd assume so they're not horse shit if they're charged. Like imagine a tyranid unit that sucks in close combat.

What weapons then? I can't find any mention of anything anywhere about "default melee weapons if you have no melee weapons".

What's their damage profile?

I've literally never seen someone use a squad of Legion of the Damned

Bruh cut me some slack. I love Crowe but he's just not all that great. Also you're probably right as Voldus is kinda meh with Paladins.
You're probably right, but I'm still mad he has what amounts to a baseball bat for a melee weapon that's supposedly the MOST EVIL ARTIFACT IN THE GALAXY.

If you do it diagonally the effect would be lost. It looks best when It lines up perfectly and looks like it's moving down.

S:user AP: 0 They were added in by FAQ

A shooty powerfist?

Read the rule book user.

useless MC sword though

To add to this, it looks better the more stuff is being decloaked. Like the guy on the right sells it best because it looks like there's an invisible line cutting across him. The left not so much.

>I love Crowe but he's just not all that great.
You're already taking purifiers, it's not like you had any intention of fielding "good" units anyways.

How do you even run them? Youd have to take a extra detachment with no hq choice

Ok, ty. Makes a bit more sense but increasing your termagaunt's cost by 20% to add such a shitty modifier to WS4 S3 1A seems incredibly stupid.

Couldn't tell you, I've never seen someone run them.

>Leisurely kills Knights in the fluff
>Is put on the table for one turn before being sent back to the army case by HWTs.

I'm having an internal fight with my RULE OF COOL self and the ones that hates losing and it's not a pretty picture.

I imagine half of my army list is pretty much 'shit units' as far as Grey Knights go, and really, I could just go RULE OF COOL and just play funsies all the way. Crowe. Purifers. Vortimer Redeemer. Fuckin...I dunno. Assassins.

It's hard to build a list that's fun and fluffy.

Now, I could also do my idea of running just a pure Draigowing, for now, and fall back on the purifier list for whenever they uh, get better.

Isn't that the case for like 90% of models in fluff vs crunch?

2 company commanders
1 punisher tank commander

4 infantry squads with heavy Bolter weapon teams, Bolter sarges
2 squads of Scions with 2 plasma guns

sniper rifle command squad(4 dudes)
2 platoon commanders
Salamander command vehicle
2 special weapons squads with 2 flamers and a demo charge
2 veteran squads with shotguns and 3 meltas

3 lascannon scout sentinels

2 vanilla LRBT
2 heavy weapon squads, 3 lascannons each

3 Gryphonne pattern chimera DT(twin heavy Bolter turret+hull HB+Storm Bolter)
2k brigade list, any thoughts on it, glaring issues you can see?
not really sure what doctrine to run with it

>for whenever they uh, get better
So 9th or never...

In volume it can add up. Against Terminators, vehicles and things they wound on 6+ anyway, that extra damage can make them not-ignorably more dangerous

>for whenever they uh, get better.
You'll be looking at 9th edition or some sort of miraculous Chapter Approved errata.

Maleceptors undoubtedly have the biggest difference in fluff vs crunch. In fluff they’re nearly unstoppable rape machines that solo wraithknights and Knights and crush everything in their way. I remember them BTFOing the Tempestus scions and the remaining Cadia troops on asphodex. They also wrecked Mephiston and forced him into a coma. Just about anything that gets in the way of these things evaporates in short order. On the tabletop.....

Avatar of khaine matches the fluff imo. Guys a demon.

What's your favorite Warhammer 40k vidya game?

Oh, I get it, I just think that it is so situational and expensive for the cost that it's not worth it. A unit of 30 terms is 30 more points to get a whopping 2.5 damage against a T6+ model, which still has to pass a save. AND it's something that you should not be aiming for anyway, terms are better out of combat.

Much better ways to spend 30 points.

Dawn of War 2 is what I've had the most fun with

Is an old Base brush good to use for a Dry brush? I just dont feel like getting an entirely new brush just to fill it with nearly dried paint.

Gameplay wise, Space Marine. Story/Lore translation, DoW 2. Space Marine was just so fucking good.

I think Space Marine

>Calgar kills Swarmlord in fluff
>Swarmlord can comfortably take Calgar and Armless working together on the table
I wish his fluff reflected his actual stats.

Termagants are great cheap fodder for tar-pitting big things that can't dish out enough attacks to get through the unit efficiently. If they can cause a failed save or two each round of combat, then doubling the wounds could make a difference.

Space marine

Tau a cute, A CUTE!

First time Swarmy nearly killed Calgar, also put Dante an inch from death as well. Calgar won the rematch though. They just couldn't let Calgar die to Swarmy back then, now though? Hell yes they can given RG is back and Calgar is getting frustrated at RG snubbing him over and over.

Calgar can take the swarmlord if he's lost a bunch of wounds.

I think I'd like to live in denial a bit longer, Bob.

So I'm fiddling with my list when I realize something a bit interesting. The Vortimer Redeemer Land Raider is only slightly less expensive than a Godhammer.
Vortimer Redeemer - 372pts
Twin Psycannon (24" Heavy 8 S7 Ap-1 D1) and Flamestorm Cannon (8" Heavyd6 Autohit S6 Ap-2 D2)
Vs
Godhammer - 385pts
2x Twin Lascannon (48" Heavy 2 S9 Ap-3 Dd6) and Twin Heavy Bolter (36" Heavy 6 S5 Ap-1 D1)

Oh yeah and the Redeemer has babby frag launchers, only one mortal on a 4+, but d3 to psykers.

Which is better really? I dislike how...'stand back and shooty' the Godhammer is. That means it's pretty much going to be all alone in the backfield while the rest of the army gets stuck in. That's no fun. Whereas the Redeemer would be Gated in with a belly full of Paladins and shit s6+ nonsense everywhere.

I think the redeemer is more all-purpose in this army list idea. What do you think?

I enjoyed Dawn of War 1 but I never got bored of Space Marine.

I wish they were smaller like they were like actual hobbits in mechs. Not the dumb dwarf shit, just these tiny little people with huge guns.

I don’t even get how anyone duels the swarmlord at all. At best their strikes should be hitting it in the knee at best, and any strike from its swords should carve any space marine sized being in two

If you want a tarpit, horms are better in every way, unless you want to run a tervigon, and then there's better ways of playing them.

It would be cool to see heroic scale die.

I still don't know exactly how lethal Riptides are supposed to be

Would be a bitch to paint or everything big would be really fucking big.

Well I mean LRs all of PotMS so there's no reason why you can't use it as a transport and an AT platform at the same time.

I like how space marine was

>hey let's make our character strong and really fun to kill a ton of stuff

Like not even because it's fun gameplay but that they wanted to emulate playing a space marine.
Like by pure happenstance they made something fun.

They're the Tau's terminator equivalent.

If I want a choppy hive tyrant, is it worth taking the Reaper, toxin sacs and Behemoth warlord trait to have D8 on 6s to wound

Dante sorta makes sense, the jump pack and melta pistol probably help.

Are there any rules for 8th edition kill team? I want to get a friend into 40k but he wants to start small and have a bit more control with units not stuffed into units if possible

Play Infinity instead

*all have PotMS

Enjoy getting curb stomped by any army with a bunch of high toughness models. Melee sounds like the answer, until you realise how fucking bad melee is still.

This makes me wonder why JPA units dont have any special rules on the charge. Like they are slamming into you with the full fury of their jump packs.

Get a load of this guy, telling a GK player his army sucks, for the nth time.

It's not like I don't know already, friend.

I should also point out that thinking in terms of "doubling their damage" is a dangerous and stupid way of thinking.

Terms deal so little melee damage that "doubling" it means very little. Meanwhile, 30 points is 2.5 genestealers. In terms of "total damage gained per point", wasting 30 on terms to double their damage in a very specific circumstance PALES in comparison to something like 2.5 genestealers.

Start thinking in absolute values, not relative values. Otherwise your list building will get hurt.

Who would win actually between a squad of Bloodletters and a Squad of what ever Grey knight units those are.

That's what I recommended but he really wants to play Necrons so he might just be shit outta luck. Semi-related, but what is the standard point value for skirmishes? 500pts? Lowest I've ever played was 1000pts but I feel like a 500pts game would be easy enough for him to slip into

In fluff? The weirdly drawn terminators win. On the tabletop? They get rekt in the first turn of combat from the sheer number of attacks from the bloodletters.

Depends who charged first. Bloodletters would FUCK them sideways because AP-3 swords and number of attacks combined with no invuln.

nothing?

If they're paladins? I give it to the Paladins. AP-3 still won't kill 2+/3W models instantly. And they still have a 5++ if there's trickery about.

Yeah 500 pts is a good value. The necron start collecting will put you at close to that.

How do I start a khorne daemon army without looking like a twelve year old or someone with incredibly little taste?
Would I have to do really elaborate bases and paint?
>inb4 I have bad taste and/or am a twelve year old

Awesome, thanks

Oh, fuck. I thought it was Purifiers we were talking about here. Paladins would still take a decent beating because they can only get a 4++ max.

I think playing half the points of all the minis you got combines is good. Means you can mix and match constantly.

Like I have a 2k army but I play 1k games. Feels like i have an entire armory I can play around with when making lists.

It also lets you focus on smaller numbers seeing the true strengths and weakness of them first hand.

You're a child if you think other people care.

Also nothings edgy when everything is edgy.

ok sounds like it'd be an army of only Tyrants, Maleceptors and Trygon Primes. Warriors, zoanthropes, primes, shrikes
and neurothropes as your infantry

I mean i recommend following the Blood Gods Realm tutorial for bases on the GW app. Other than that the old KDK codex had plenty of seperate colour schemes for Khorne Daemons in it. I recommend going with the standard Red scheme tho so daddy duncan can help you paint that Bloodthirster you are obviously going to bring.

I'm actually considering doing Blood God's Realm for my Grey Knights, but probably with a darker wash over it than Agrax so it'll look darker than my shiny armor. It's a pretty neat little effect.