Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Will Shifter be relegated to the same scrapheap of "great idea, awful execution" as Swashbuckler, Medium, Kineticist, and Shaman? What can be done to fix the Shifter, and these other poor classes? What homebrew have you used to fix these classes up? What's the standard by which classes should be balanced, anyway, Tiers 3 to 4?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14377765
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do they do this? Why go out of their way to make some classes bad? Why'd they have to do it to the only class I actually wanted?

Everyone here except me is a complete fucking retard. What you write is retarded, your opinions are retarded, everything you do, your life, everything about you is retarded, because you're retarded.

It's almost as if Pathfinder has a bloated overabundance of classes.

Wich memegame wud u fugg??

I wud fugg drgns2 because it THIGGGGGGGGGG

rory is fag tho

dargonrs 2 :DDDDDDDDDD

>Rory
>Broodie
>Voip

fugggggggg id cancer

DDDDDDDDDD:

to be fair you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand Dragons 2 and Rory.

I'm honestly surprised just how much concentrated shit Rory/Xao is. I don't think I've ever met a worse person online than him, not ever. I cannot wrap my mind around why people voluntarily take part in his discord, or even associate with him. I feel bad for every person that has to play with him in that game, because if his regular conduct is as bad as his play, every session they have must be insufferable.

broodie please

niggas weird and shit at roleplaying but heres the secret

everyone is

True but Rory is also incredibly rude, a compulsive liar, a pathetically supreme thirstlord, AND shit at the game

No joke, Broodie and Xao are pretty much equivalent

who would even associate with him after the reddit fiasco?

>Shaman
What? Shamans are one of the best classes in the game, both in mechanics and flavor.

Well if anyone is curious what I'm doing with the Shifter here's my basic roughdraft I'm working on so far.

Here's what I'm planning do to with it.

-Change it to a d12
-Allow you to grow more natural attack you level while allowing you to pick and choose which ones you want. Also allowing different types of natural attacks. So you can do tail slaps, talons, tentacles, etc.
-"Improved multiattack" so you don't take any penalties with your secondary natural attacks.
-Change the natural attack damage to just apply to whatever natural attacks you have and have it scale with size so that after a certain level you don't refer to the natural attack damage of whatever you're turning into, you just use the shifters
-Reworking the aspects so that there's no minor and major forms, just more bonuses from each aspect as you level. Also allowing you to combine them with your wild shape form so you can get a true chimeric form.
-Changing the activation of chimeric forms to a 3+X (1/2 lvl or stat modifier) day. If changed to stat mod I may make it con or wis. If wis I'll leave the defensive instinct alone but change it allow shields as well.

Anything else I should do guys?

>namefags

Here's the first piece of an ancient chinese proverb: Black or white, man, woman, in-between, gay or straight or promiscuous, all you fags in this general are equally as shit.

The general discord is full of randos that bitch about there being NO GAMES, one-trick-pony second-rate third-party devs, the cabal is full of elitist fucks that think they're better than everybody else. You're infested by namefags that ya love to bitch and whine about at every turn.

Here's the second part of that ancient Chinese proverb: the only place you can go from the bottom of the barrel is towards the top. Sure, /pfg/ is bad, so is GiTP, Paizo forums, and Mythweavers, but there are plenty of other communities you can go to. Find a setting you like, join a gaming community, go outside.

Obsessing over a namefag gets you nowhere, anons. Doesn't matter if it's Rory, Broodie, Vult, Slow, Sleep, whoever. Attaching names to anons was and is the worst practice this general has.

Found ya, the ONE PERSON that also likes shaman!

basically people here are fucking pathetic and will forgive people for things despite having no reason to. when i heard voip put rory in whatever dumb ass game he was running my jaw dropped.

>Attaching names to anons was and is the worst practice this general has.

In other words, ROJTR was the worst thing to happen to this general.

In case anyone missed it. Is the shifter a good class? strawpoll.me/14377765

I like Shaman too.
Super high optimization potential with a low optimization floor for people who don't necessarily want to one-up the wizard is great to me

Would I get any apps if I tried to put together a game that wasn't ERP/lewd, or does everyone in /pfg/ just want to jack off with other neckbeards?

of course you can. just look at ensoulment.

You would, because people are thirsty for any game at all. Lewd/ERP is a meme that barely happens in practice.

yes. whatre you stupid

a good 50% of the meme games werent even lewd

plus erp isnt that common even in lewd games

There's nobody applying to the current games so my guess is that you would not.

None of them are really "bad" they are just not op shit like in the core. Im assuming at this point pazio thinks everyone who players pathfinder has some core caster nerf homebrew.

Seriously.

Given the option to associate with namefags or the people who whine about them on /pfg/, I'd rather voluntarily pad the undertaker's wallet.

Fucking /get over it/, you fags.

It's almost as if Pathfinder is poorly designed.

>nearly 2 weeks and that North High game just now got its first rando app

wew, i thought people were telling him that they were interested in playing it

Hey, hey, whaddayaknow, another user is working on fixing another class! In the same vein as this guy's Shifter fix, I'm tossing in a Swashbuckler fix. Fix is a bit too light though, remade is closer, because I'm personally gunning for a way higher power level than normal.

Idunno, it's still in the very early stages where I've not even properly balanced all the content against each other, or really even fixed stuff up, I just ran with what felt right. Blast me for it, /pfg/, I'll check it in the morning

Why do people go to the 2hu discord?

That's also a mystery to me. Apparently he just insults everyone to their faces and tells them that he would wish them dead if he could.

Same reason people stay in abusive relationships; they're too fucked up emotionally to walk away.

I wanted to apply but I chickened out/realized I already had a full plate and didn't want to submit a false app.

mede if rory is the thread's number 1 shitter you are number fucking 2 so how about you never post again

but QANON and Wist are there

see and

That's funny since QANON bans 2hu from literally everything whenever he has the power to do so

QANON banned 2hu from her 5e games because 2hu directly admitted how much they hate 5e and would use any game as a platform to show how flawed the system was.

In 2hu's discord she gives them advice on how to be a better person.

>2hu being a better person

That's like asking Rory to not be a shitter.

ty

Maybe in your normie-Tier lewdgames. In our invite-only Inner Cabal Exclusive Games we ERP constantly between riveting sessions lacked with action and drama.

Trying to help and practicing talking to different kinds of people.

>lacked
Never has a spelling error proved more accidentally correct.

Yo what’s a fun mystery for support oracle besides life?

deez nuts

The current games are kind of shit though.

>Swashbuckler, Medium, Kineticist, and Shaman?

You take that back! Only Medium sucks.

Medium looks fun

What backup weapon would suggest for an archer?

Looking at the Paizo Ultimate Wilderness thread, I'm not really surprised that some of the cucks like the shifter as a class.

Lol, you can't even have a normal debate without Chris Lambertz deleting comments because of fefe's.

Rapier if you've got weapon finesse for free as part of Elephant in the Room.
Spiked gauntlet or cestus if you don't, so you're always threatening in melee.

What's the story behind this?

Here's the straight dope
>Rory makes a post on some "Worst Pathfinder player stories" thread on Reddit
>Calls out nearly every namefag and memegame, including himself and his own
>Namefags start losing their shit on the Cabal Discord
>Rory, along with everyone else, denies making the post
>Someone figures out that the Reddit poster talks exactly like Rory, likes all the same things as him, has the same political views as him, and lives in the same place as him
>Rory eventually admits to making the post after being pressed
>Gets kicked from the Cabal

Not just that, but looking at his reddit post history he was openly racist and homophobic as fuck.

He outed himself as a terrible human being.

worse, he browses r_thedonald

What's the difference?

browsing reddit at all should be grounds for excommunication

Is Twitch okay? :kappa:

sure

now i'll need you to face this wall

What weapons synergies well with natural attacks?

Erm.. two-handers, I guess, so you're not applying 2wf penalties to all your natural attacks?

Compared to other dnd campaign settings, how does life of quality for a normal, non adventuring person stack up on Golarion?

...you kinda need to be more specific since Golarion is a kitchen sink setting and thus has everything from 'demon infested HELLSCAPE' to 'anachronistic Britsh Empire cottages'.

None to be honest, the moment you use a weapon it treats all other natural attacks as secondary, which means a -5 to hit and half strength to damage.

Also, you're occupying a limb or limbs in order to use said weapon(s) which could have been otherwise used to make more natural attacks.

Which of the following have you encountered as PC or NPC portraits in your game so far?

>2hus
>iM@Ses
>Granblues
>Fire Emblems
>Kemono Friends
>shipgirls (original)
>shipgirls (Azur)
>Fate Servants

This.

The actual, hot lewdgames had session 0 ERP.

Dat tongue.

I was interested until I asked why they were even using PF and they got real defensive about their unwillingness to try a more suitable system.

Acolyte of the Arrow so you can just smack people with your bow.

>Being racist is a bad thing
I'll take "Things that are incorrect" for 500, Alex!

Fuck off back to /pol/, faggot.

You're aware that everyone is inherently racist and it's part literally an advantageous evolutionary trait?

Like, shit, Humans in PF should get it as a Racial Ability.

>everyone is inherently racist
No they aren't how about you stop projecting your shitty traits onto the rest of the populace and fuck off to where you belong, dipshit.

user, you have a group you're part of. Innately, as part of how we evolved, we care more about that group and less about outgroups. Easily defined outgroups, people that look different, are part of that.

Fuck the druidic fluff and aspects, give them scaling access to the abilities from the various Form of X, X Shape, Monstrous Physique type spells and a pool of "you can have this many abilities up at a time."

Also more natural attack access, let them choose between a bite or two claw attacks, gore, trample, constrict, etc. with an increasing number available at once.

yes they are you ignorant little shit grow up and read a book or two and get microscopic brain working

> we care more about that group and less about outgroup
Except. I don't. I actually don and I'm disgusted when people of my group display such behavior.

Fuck off, back to /pol/ Or /5eg/ I'm sure you'll find them a lot more welcoming.

>No they aren't how about you stop projecting your shitty traits onto the rest of the populace and fuck off to where you belong, dipshit.
I agree, he should go back to tumblr or other SJW website where everyone complains about how superior white people are and how they should feel bad about that.

Oh great, another projecting Neo-Nazi. How about you fuck off to /pol/ or get the other guys discord tag so you can jerk off to pictures of Hitler over voice chat.

Remember folks, it's not racism if it's against white people(Which is a race of people)!

It is racism, faggot. And just because some black faggots are racist to you doesn't give you an excuse to act like asshole to all of them too.

Now fuck off, or better yet. Kill your. Goddamn you can't even make you're unsubtle /pol/bait PF related anymore you fucking jackass.

At what point was I being racist or an asshole?

And I'm still waiting for input on racism/race relations to have properly represented mechanics in Pathfinder.

By suggesting everyone is racist and that racism is a good thing, implicitly implies that you yourself are racist you asshole.

The fact that you try to ask this question to be smug, means you're a an ass of enormous caliber.

They're called 'circumstance bonuses and penalties to interaction checks' and they exist strictly as a GM's perogative because he's the worldbuilder.

They already do. See: Dwarves.

Racism is never good. Judge people for their character and ideas and the company they keep.

Freind lying reminder that no one gives a single fuck about what you're saying. Now please, politely remove your presence from this thread, probably go back to where you'don't be more wEl come. Of course, in this day and age, rational, well adjusted, normal people aren't very welcoming of any racism whatsoever. Suck to be you, I guess.

God, you're just as bad as they are.

Stop talking, please.

>Racism is never good
Favored Enemy.

Favored Enemy is an ability that is so bad that a number of archetypes exist solely to replace it.

AND EVERYONE IGNORES THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER.

>Racism is never good. Judge people for their character and ideas and the company they keep.
Stereotypes are just part of how humans work. Don't like it, get rid of all the humans.

What you SHOULD do is be aware of what stereotypes you have, and keep an open mind for exceptions.

*Favored Enemy is bad IF and only if you don't have access to Instant Enemy.

>Of course, in this day and age, rational, well adjusted, normal people aren't very welcoming of any racism whatsoever.
You wouldn't know, you're neither rational nor well-adjusted.

That's not really racism though.
Yeah. Also patriotic weapons can be keyed to human races with GM permission.

He's just gonna come back and talk about Sarenrae=Islam, that divine threesome between shelyn, desna, and some other cunt I forgot, how Erastil doesn't get more content, something something Brevoy.