theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/merits-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/a-walk-in-the-hedge-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/goblin-contracts-changeling-the-lost/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/pol? Dolphin pussy? What happened? I thought we just shitpost about mage supremacy

Someone posted a book and a politically correct nard got mad, or something like that.

Please, don't ask. Don't start it up again.

Can we talk about the Viking Dark Era? 'Cause that seems like a fun one.

I want to run a Geist game set in medieval times (but vikings might be cool) but wanna wait for 2e to turn up.

What splats are in the Viking Era?

some /pol/ack posted some "redpill" image nonsense.

You realize they're both morons, right? Report them.

I believe it's Werewolf and Geist, so you are in luck.

The Viking Age also happens right smack dab in the middle of the Middle Ages (Middle Ages is 5th to 15th centuries, Viking Age is 8th to 11th).

It's a fun little bit of clashing cultures, treasure hunting, all that fun stuff.

Please ignore the /pol/tard and sjw

Question about wraith.
can you take burnt offerings out of the underworld?

Hmm, might be a cool start for a campaign to have them be mortal vikings and have them killed while out pillaging or whatever (drowning/violence probably easily done) and left behind. Only to become geists and try to get back home or something..

Ive plenty of time to plan for it, Geist 2e wont be out for years!!!

no

stop fucking asking

Have you seen the Geist 2e preview?

theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

It actually lists some neat changes in how Geists work; notably that Thresholds are replaced with Burdens; the reason you came back at all. It also unites krewes under common ethos as well, which is pretty great.

It might be good to pick a krewe archetype (or have your players pick one) and build from there.

I have seen it. Its one of the reason im even thinking of running geist at all. I just didnt want to do a modern setting. Sounds like this new Era and 2e are what im waiting for.

What the fuck is happening in the other thread

I heard that there will be rules for playing Ghosts from someone.
Do you know where he'd be getting that idea from?

I really like the thought.

DaveB mentioned he was writing playable ghost rules. Geist 2e seems the perfect place for them to appear. Not certain its been 100% confirmed yet but its probably happening.

What said. Ghosts are Geist's Zsplat, like Sleepwalkers are for Mages.

what happens if yuo try?

Does DaveB even visit us anymore?

Yeah. Just avoid retarded fucking arguments, and he might even comment.

you cant do it, so nothing happens

look it wasnt hard to download the entire wraith pastebin, text search and find the answer.

can you just shut the fuck up now ive already wasted 15 mins of my life answering you.

the wraith stuff is in txt format?

no its a picture book.

Does this mean you havent even tried to answer the question yourself you little fucking faggot?

How many changeling previews have their been and how many of them are obsolete at this point?

How does Wraith hold up?

Here's the old, obsolete playtest: drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HTbTc08O4ISWpIbnU4dmlGY2c/view?usp=sharing

Here are the previews after Hill's departure:
theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/merits-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/a-walk-in-the-hedge-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/goblin-contracts-changeling-the-lost/

Your dead, its depressing. The best book was "The Risen" which was basically the Crow film in oWoD

Look you stupid fuck, you havent broke the ecomomy of wraith. If you think you can burn a straw and cardboard effigy of a porshe so that when it appears in the underworld you can bring it back across sell a real porche, you need to open your gas over, light it, place your head inside and take some deep breaths.

Not as depressing as CtD where you either forgot who you were or turned insane. Wraith had at least the possibility of Lethe.

>Your dead, its depressing. The best book was "The Risen" which was basically the Crow film in oWoD
Wait, do Wraiths get corporal forms like that? I'm interested because I like forlorn settings over the aggressively edgy ones.

They could claw their way back into their bodies and go on a rampage yes.

Hey I'm American

Are any of the CtD books worthwhile, or is the corebook enough?

Sorry, but you're a citizen of the Canadian Republic now.

We have taken over North America.

They are a mess, so C20 is probably sufficient. That said, CtL is far better. The closest CofD game to CtL would be Beast (which is worse than CtD, at least in execution).

apparently all you need in Mt:asc to stop massive amounts of bullets (like Neo) is forces 2, and 3 successes.

It doesn't even need to be vulgar (if you dodge them instead).

I don't like the sound of Beast. I don't like the idea of 'evil' being something tangible, and someone in a thread told me CtD is more fairy tale like than CtL, while Beast seems more like Stephen King stuff to me.

You also need a paradigm that supports doing so quickly, or prepping such before hand. Good ol' deflector shields.

which tradition is Neo? Akashic?

Virtual Adept.

1 minor thing I forgot is you need 2 dots in some kind of fighting skill. I think it had to be "do" or martial arts.

Messed up my posts again.
This was only if you had combat stuff as focus.

Some etherite with a reverse magnet, wouldn't need that.

Why a fighting skill? Can't a pacifist who doesn't know how to punch stop bullets?

I wasn't recommending Beast, at least not in its current state, it's just that CtL can be just as preachy as Beast when it comes to the 'evil' of western society (similar to WtA or Brucato Mage).
You might want to check out DA:Fae, the best oWoD game about fey.
And CtL can probably do faerie tales better than CtD.

do virtual adepts know kung fu?

The reason it was a fighting skill, was that the effect was listed in an example of martial arts magic stuff. So they are basically focusing it through that paradigm or whatever.

I gave a possible way to do it, in the post right before yours (obviously you didn't notice at the time since it was posted 20 seconds before yours).

You could arguably do the same thing with different spheres as well. Like some technocrat with mind spheres "reading the enemies body language to predict their shots" or something like from the equilibrium movie.

>CtL can be just as preachy
Do you mean CtL or CtD? CtL doesn't seem all that preachy to me.

They probably could.

Yes, my fault, CtD. CtL is fine, at least first edition was. We'll see about 2nd edition in a few days,

We are so cucked

Overall which is a better tradition to get into, Virtual Adepts or Akashic?

i dunno

STAHP

could i fuck your wife?

what's having sex with a vampire like

Very very cold. Minty. Slightly annoying.

blood replaces all of a vampires fluids
this includes sexual fluids
get the issue?

in the VtM lore are there any perky genki girl characters?

Malks.

Also, anyone else getting this captcha again and again?

y tho?

but is it actually blood, or do they spend blood points to at least emulate other fluids?
Also another thing I'm curious about: I know that feeding is supposed to be pleasurable to the one being fed on, but how does it work? Do they secrete some kind of toxin, or is it a magical captivation?

>Also, anyone else getting this captcha again and again?

I am. in fact i got it while posting this.

also you dont need to screen shot that, you can right click and save the image

>Malks
no, not literally deranged ones, just energetic and cute

if the masquerade was broken in owod, you would find tons of posts like these littering the internet

Good to know. Here's another one that keeps popping up.

or maybe if they somehow got another golden age and kindred and kine lived in harmony in the modern nights
kine willingly giving their blood for a good time
How feasible is this for a campaign?

i think i have got that one several times as well

I always use legacy captcha. Those whack a mole ones drive me crazy.

which splat is America

Rose posted her previews that she confirmed hadn't changed on rpf.net. I can post links here if anyone wants.

CtL can do more broad spectrum of Fairytales better. CtD tries to go full Tolkien or something.

>which splat is America

America

>Mage Exceptionalism

All of them since WoD is basically about american perspective

How many of us here are primarily excited about Genesys because we like Netrunner/Android Universe?

Am I the only one here who likes Mage 20?

I kinda want to make a character who starts the game as a Goblin Queen...

>Vykos is a monster who's tried to kill Beckett and his friends many times over
>Beckett still respects hi, by referring to him as they instead of it

What bullshit is this?

>Am I the only one here who likes Mage 20?

Yes.

Could Carthians have Laws for other templates? Should they?
To avoid triggering sensitive topic let's limit ourselves to discussing their Laws for Woofs, Lost, Prommies, and Unchained.

Law for Changelings:
>One John Limit (needs better name) ••••
If passes, Carthian elected by others as Namekeeper will know name of every connected Fetch and Changeling that lives in their city.

>Am I the only one here who likes Mage 20?

No.

Question, /wodg/.

My group and I want to get back into WoD. What are the most up-to-date set of rules and where are they?

Also, what is the most up-to-date version of V: Masquerade, and what is the most up-to-date ruleset it can be used alongside. For example, could you use the latest version of Masquerade with the latest version of NWoD stuff, essentially unplugging Requiem and putting Masquerade in its place? My group generally agrees that all the NWoD splats aside from Requiem are far superior, but would much prefer to run Masquerade vampires alongside this stuff as VtM vampires honestly seem completely boring (I may work Mekhet in somehow, they seem like they have a good niche). The ideal situation would be one where Masquerade vampires can interact with, say, the Lost or the Forsaken without mechanical clash.

Go listen to a band called Sirenia. They write all kinds of stuff about vikings and vikings dying in awesome (or horrible) ways.

>Do Not Awoo; Fine 500$ ••
>Prerequisites: Covenant Status •••+ and City •••+ with minimum total dots of 7
Effect: Any Werewolf who enters Rage loses dot in Resources or different social Merit of ST's choice for number of days equal to Carthian's total in City and Covenant Status. Each subsequent Rage will extend the total duration of each past penalty inflicted this way. With approval of at least half Carthians of the city this effect can be applied to Gangrels Riding the Wave.

Jimmy from Pittsburgh can discover that he's really a 500-year old Troll king. That doesn't change the fact that he lives on the street in a dumpster and is considered mentally ill by normal people.

None of the oWoD line rules have ever been updated to be compatible with CofD/nWoD rules. If you are willing to put time and effort into translating VtM rules into CofD, Masquarade Vampires can easily replace Requiem ones without it radically shifting the overall setting, but the rules are in no way compatible. You could also try translating CofD templates into V20 or VtM 5e rules if you'd want.

I just read Grimms' Rumpelstiltskin to get a feel for Changeling vibes. What a ridiculous story.

>Rumplestiltskin
>means foreskin

>None of the oWoD line rules have ever been updated to be compatible with CofD/nWoD rules.

Fucking hell, really? Why can't they just bite the bullet and do this? I've not met a single person that actually likes Requiem's lore and wouldn't prefer to have Masquerade updated.

I guess I better first work out how to make Generation and Blood Potency correspond mechanically. Then get started on reworking all the interesting Disciplines that Requiem doesn't have.

>AN ACCURATE EXAMPLE OF TRUE FAE DEPRAVITY!!

You can also just try to forcefully refluff existing Requiem mechanics to match Masquarade. Shouldn't be too hard, though idk what parts of the fluff you like.

>You can also just try to forcefully refluff existing Requiem mechanics to match Masquarade.

I'm going to do that for a lot of things. Obviously, stuff like Potence/Vigor or Auspex are fine as they are by NWoD rules, and don't need any changing. It looks like I'll have to construct a few Disciplines from scratch and change a few others, like Obtenebration, which like most things has been made less interesting in NWoD.

>Shouldn't be too hard, though idk what parts of the fluff you like.

Basically everything, though I don't really engage with any of the metaplot moving parts. The goal here is to utterly excise VtR lore and replace it with VtM. The way vampires work, the clans, the organizations, etc.

The biggest mechanical problem is the fundamental way vampires increase in power. Generation isn't something you can just randomly increase in VtM like Blood Potency, but having a power stat is important in NWoD mechanics.

Humans are the real monsters

>Aggressive Meme by a Trumpet of Angel of God-Machine

In the life cycle of larger stars, when they run out of hydrogen in their core to produce energy, stars start fusing other elements in order to maintain itself. The star keeps on building layer after layer within the core fusing heavier and heavier elements, and getting less and less return. Fusing iron will give no energy return. A few days after it starts to make iron in its core, it will go supernova. So iron is the star killing metal.

Interesting trivia bit. True Fae as "souls of Stars" does have a nice ring to it, though I am unsure what would be best way to utilize it in Chronicle.

Except there are Vampire, Mage, Werewolf and Demon Translation Guides, which are explicitly for going back and forth between OWoD and NWoD, as they are 1e books.

There was one for Vampire? I didn't know.

>Obtenebration less interesting

You mean less meat-grinder. I've never, in over a decade of playing Masquerade and Requiem bot with local players, heard people complain about Requiem being 'less interesting' that didn't boil down to 'they changed the overpowered/stupid/broken thing I loved to play'. Usually it revolves around getting the most mechanically broken thing, or the inability to play SUUUUUUPER SILLLLLY Malkavians.