Dwarven crime

How would dwarven organized crime be like?

Jewish crime organization.

Dragon age plz go and stay go

I feel like ye olde medieval fantasy simulator dwarves would have a hard time committing crimes against other dwarves. They would probably focus their efforts on swindling other races, at which point are they really criminals by dwarven standards?

Mafia-style, with a large focus on "family". Possibly a lot of alcohol-running if ironically in an area with prohibitions against alcohol.

Hideouts are likely heavily reinforced (assuming standard Dwarven engineering skills), with lots of boltholes.

Rather than trying to influence local politicians monetarily (though they could go with that if that's the most effective way), they might instead try to manipulate that politician's honor and values to get their way, such as by pulling them to marriages or family alliances, or by putting them in a position where moving against the mafia family would leave them fewer resources to handle outside problems.

I'd expect them to be fairly insular, so non-Dwarf families and businesses may be pushed out of their areas, or expected to pay more of a "tithe".

Basically a jewish org.

Information broking. Economic frauds, tax evasion, protection racket, forgery, fence, smuggling. everything that regards making a lot of money for the least possible investiment

Sure they would. Even racist people commit crimes against their own 'race'. They'd just be different crimes than standard.

Protection rackets (if you don't contribute, you obviously don't support the community). Skimming gold off of any trade going outside. Graft. Unsanctioned "justice" for perceived crimes. Counterfeiting.

Ooga Booga where the GLAAD awards at?

There would be a whole seedy underworld of Dwarven crime. They would operate underground, though.

I like the idea of the generally Lawful-leaning Dwarves having that reflected in their crime societies as being generally orderly and within the flimsy rules of society.

Have them start off as being a "family", with their massive clans and families actually staying and remaining that way, with little to no outsiders accepted without extraordinary valor and value, and work from here.

Pepper it with some inspirational images like when Yakuza helps out the victims of tsunami or other natural disasters so that their "public face" is cool, but they are shady enough that you know you shouldn't trifle with them.

>A Dwarven Tony Soprano.
I want this.

How do I play a Dwarven Rogue? They're short, stocky and don't look particularly nimble, and they generally get penalized on typical "roguey" shit - they get less Dex and they aren't too charming.

They can be very conversational and have this veneer of Dwarven hospitality, but still have that strong edge of just pure terror and intimidation underneath. Like, they might not be nimble but they can and will cut whichever limb they choose if you're late on your pay.

Like the Jewish mafia

If they're the kind of dwarves that live at least twice as long as Men on average, then I'd say their plots and cons would have much more long-term planning than the usual human mob.

>"Woke up this morning, got myself a grudge, Mama always said I'd be a chosen one."

They might not LOOK particularly nimble, but they're still pretty good at lockpicking and shit. And while they have charisma penalty, no-one expects a dwarf to be a rogue, so that's something they can take advantage of.

bump

How does jewish mafia look like?

Lot of golems and reading

Like the shady part of this serie. there is no proper mafia, only the Stone bank. They manage avantagous trade deal trough blackmail and assassination, making whole (human) kingdom bankerupt. Also, the Outcast, who can't construct their house from stone, can't trade in gold or possess it, are quite good at smugging.

...aand I forgot the picture. Classic.