/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other things: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: Magical realm edition

Hey, it's been a while. How are you all doing? How have the threads been?

I've missed you guys.

Who are you again?

Alright i guess how about you?

Our inevitable decline advanced further. Sorry, but we're 93+% shitposting by now. Glad to have you back, though.

I pick you, user. Be my best friend.

Hello, friend. Stay a while and listen!

Android Waifu OC from last thread, updated with a few minor changes based on feedback. Everything costs less, Ms. Smith's value increased to 50, Aafiyah has two intact legs, bolded the hint that sale isn't necessarily the only option.

/cyoag/ is a dying man who has 13 different kinds of terminal cancer, suffering from severe acute radiation poisoning and his dick has rotted off, yet still clinging on to life support for the past 4 years.

Can this be OC Edition instead?

Was expecting the "broken gynoid waifus" CYOA to be more along the lines of what the summary for Chobits sounds like. A pity that you decided to go with what seems like post-apoc survival instead.

Except that we're still jerking said dick as if there was no other meaning in life.

You guys made me end up playing that two nights ago.

WHY

I hope he's still making his. I had this kicking around for a while and found out someone was doing something similar later. Since enough time passed since I last heard of him I thought it would be okay to finish this.

I said it rotted off, not that we have ever let go of it.

Bonus page soon

Could I use ms paint to make a cyoa?

Because it has good waifus?
What's the point of a waifu CYOA where you sell the waifu?

>What's the point of a waifu CYOA where you sell the waifu?
Do you sell the waifu?

The best one.

Selling waifus to lonely anti social fucks is great money.

I didn't see any mention of points but all waifus have a "cost" written at the bottom, then there's a part where you buy stuff. It sounds like you're selling waifus and that doesn't sound like any fun.

You also have an option to -not- sell the waifus, but that comes at the cost of convenience.

Look at the bottom right corner.

The CYOA says nobody would waifu a robot and they'd just be disassembled for parts or used as a soldier.

You could, but why would you want to? You might want to check out some of the CYOA-making tools (as in things made for the purpose of making CYOAs with them) in the pastebin. CYOA Studio sounds like it'd be the easiest to do something with.
If you do end up using MS Paint, remember to keep the text separate (in a notepad text file or something) so you can still edit it, and copy-paste it in the picture when needed.

You can sell them. Do you? Which is more valuable to you, her as a person or as an asset? From a place of comfort that's an easy and obvioua choice to make, but what about a place of hardship?

>TFW the waifubot will never fulfill her purpose because jews wanted to spy people

You'll be posting this message seriously in ten years. Though thankfully in our world some programmer is gonna figure out how to jailbreak them and remove spyware and some Japanese NEET is going to release a firmware patch that makes her act like an anime waifu.

>when you wanted to make shitpost cyoa, but it turned into a normal project requiring weeks of effort.

Sometimes I really feel like a cyoa slave.

Alright, thank you.

Geez, what is with you masochistic fucks crawling out of your holes. "It's war. Do you eat your neighbors or starve?" is about as interesting and fun as chewing bricks.

Where's a whip, there's a way.

Now go back to work slave.

>Bottom right
It says you die if you keep her and you're worse off than before. Alternatively you need to prostitute her.
She isn't valuable because I don't know her. Hence, >What's the point of a waifu CYOA where you sell the waifu?

Well, that certainly felt like a waste of time.

>TFW no jailbroken waifubot (loli series) that calls you onii-chan

It's not a happy setting, but that's the setting. If you don't like it, there aren't any CYOA copyright laws saying you can't make a happier version.

Because we love pulling people's heartstrings out and then burning them.

You do know one of them. But then that's your answer: none of them are worth anything to you as people, so you shouldn't feel any guilt selling them.

One day
ONE DAY

All authors are masochistic subs.

The selling aspect would be more poignant if there were anything interesting in that section. As it stands, it’s paltry world building and a bit egregious on detailing just how awful life is.

If there was an actual beneficial trade for the girls, many of whom aren’t that interesting in the first place, then maybe it’d be a good juxtaposition. But as it stands it has all the emotional weight of picking out hunks of iron in exchange for a continued miserable existence. Which seems to be the point, however I’d say that’s not a very fun or interesting point and I think most people will simply choose not to play.

Some of us are just lazy fucks.

Well. Good job. If you have any other suggestions, I'm open to them.

Incest, you know, for kids!

I'm sorry, but this just feels like a really cheap attempt at evoking an emotional response.

spank me, please

And hence there's no point to playing it.

So something like a much more high value item, an actual golden ticket rather than the iron ticket? I was going to make the waifus a little more open about being grateful for being rescued but figured that might be a step too far.

Do you know Sweetest Monster?

I think that’s actually what you need to do. As it stands, both choices, keeping the girl or paying for necessities, are very bland. There’s no emotional weight to either. Giving up the girl you rescue needs to hurt and what you get in exchange has got to be good. On the flip side, keeping the girl has to make you feel like you’ve done the right thing at a cost. But the cost can’t be so high that literally no one would do it. Just my opinion, it’s a tricky thing

Alternatively, you could expand more on how each girl can offer something to make your life easier. You hint at it with each one having a unique skill set and the option to put them to work, but as I read it I struggle to see it’s viability with how little is known of the world. Of course, this is the ideal third option everyone would take given the option so idk

;_;

Is... is she not a human woman? Does getting catears and a tail somehow not make her a woman or human? Does she not have a vag?

All I can think about when I see her is answering phone calls must be really fucking awkward with your ears located so far up on your head like that.

>He doesn't know how catgirls work!

>double ear bullshit
Irrationally mad.

There are portions of that, but it is a bit subtle. For example, Aafiyah was there when shit went down and has survived this long while being irradiated, meaning she can venture into No Man's Land no problem which is valuable according to the radiation pill. Yun-seo as a secretary would make the job offered to you by the Letter more tolerable, or if you don't do that coordinating various scrapper tasks would be something she can do.

Cat pussy

>Implying double ears aren't superior

What's the problem? It's no crazier than most shit on this board.

Right now I have no desire to make any choice or even think about it more, simply because I just don't care about the outcome of either.

Hyper grimdark cyoas are just naturally going to cause mainly apathy. If you just want to make some weird art piece and not something people are actually engaging with, that's fine I guess. If you're not content with that, there needs to be meaning. Hard choices without any meaning are just pointless. There has to be some sort of hope. Otherwise at best you get people making utilitarian choices.

Also, "you might make it work" is a completely meaningless option if it's in a cyoa that's so thematically hopeless. Either give it some mechanical meat or just leave out completely.

What are your guys' standards for saving cyoas?

I only save ones that I like so I have about 200 right now.

I needed this laugh, thank you anons.

>Is... is she not a human woman?
It's complicated.
Play the game.

Double ears are fucking retarded, I don't know why they keep showing up.

I stopped a long time ago. I only save them now if they're very good or give me a boner.

Terrain
>Desert
>Highland
>Grassland

Estate
>Tower (magical focus)
>Settlement (1,000 people)
>Townsfolk(change species, customize culture, increase strength/toughness)
>Planar Affinity
>Workshop
>Barracks
>Tavern
>Portal

Gifts
>Form Change
>Immortality (no needs, reform in a week)
>Elemental Magic
>Dragon

Demiplane is vast savanna scattered with mountains, crawling with monsters and eldritch abominations. Plane affinity so that we can train various animals as pets for hunting and guarding things. Have village of diverse and exotic amazons that have culture obsessed with hunting and slaying monsters, kind of like Norn in GW except amazons and not shapeshifters. They'd hunt giant serpents that hide under the sand, nomadic centaurs, and giant carnivorous birds that live on top of mountains. Amazons live as tribe that shares everything and are very cooperative for survival. Forging strong weapons and training hunting pets are important to them. I live in tower and am leader of the amazons because of powerful elemental magic that is strongest close to my tower and because I can turn into a dragon to fight off biggest monsters. Take form change so I can be tall, strong amazon. Occasionally travel to earth when things are calm to check how everything is back home.

>I only save ones that I like
The same.

>5,99 euros
>Steam page says there's no choices
I'm not paying money for an edgy picturebook user.

used to only save waifushit I enjoyed, but now I also save some popular ones to have something to post when I feel like bumping the thread "the right way"

Mhm.

... how the hell did my CYOA folder reack more than 3 GB? The files have such a little indivitual size, but it couldn't really pile up that much, right?

Wait for a sale then my young poorfag.

This thread is over 5 years old, user. That's a lot of files, many approaching and over 4mb.

first of all, status quo choices are probably the worst thing possible. That's basically akin to not playing the cyoa at all. Just continuing to live a shitty life is a choice nobody is going to make.
Choices that are basically "you (very, very likely) die" are also stupid, because that's basically just a straight up game over. I mean, it can potentially work as a highly altruistic choice, but in this case you're not even saving anyone.

Even if you made it so that selling them would improve your life quite a lot, if the other option is basically untakeable, it doesn't feel like an actual choice.

There was an image floating around here some time ago that showed how functional cat ears in top position would require cat people to have tiny brain. Can't find it anymore though.
So I guess simply having furry triangles sticking on a human's head is the more sensible solution.

It's not about the amount, it's about the fact it has a cost. One euro or ten, it doesn't matter.
It's an edgy picturebook.

Do you think books should be free?

I mostly save the ones I make builds for. I don't save anything that's focused on waifus and/or lewd unless I really like them, which has only been the case maybe five times in the entire time I've known about CYOAs. I never save shitpost CYOAs.

There's a difference between "I'm not paying for this" and "Nobody should pay for this".

Well yeah after they go public domain.

Do you think I buy books? I borrow them from the library. I've bought books but I don't read them a second time. It's a waste of money.

My issue isn't that it's not a happy setting, but that it's an uninteresting setting.
Also, why should I spend my time reworking something that I don't like?

Fine, fine, I'm not recommending anything anymore...