SCP Foundation In 40k

So, the entirety of the SCP Foundation, along with all of their tech, bullshit magic, SCP's, MTF Units, and useless-as-fuck D-Class, have been transported into the galaxy of 40k, and are now doing their thing. Also, all of the Uncontainables have been transported into the 41st millenium as well, along with all of the local GOI's. What happens as a result of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-1739
scp-wiki.net/scp-2100
scp-wiki.net/scp-2070
scp-wiki.net/scp-2700
scp-wiki.net/scp-946
scp-wiki.net/scp-2747
scp-wiki.net/scp-safe-j
scp-wiki.net/scp-871
scp-wiki.net/scp-2399
scp-wiki.net/scp-2669
scp-wiki.net/scp-140
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>40k crossover
>with spoopypasta This Troper memeshit
double cringe

Don't act like 40k on its lonesome isn't the cringes fucking thing to have ever been made officially.

40K is one thing but compared to literal internet fanfiction, it's fucking Shakespeare.

Quite a few of the longer SCP works are far and away better than almost all of the tire GW has been pushing out in the last year. Unless you are one of those faggots who likes to say that all of the Choas-wank along with Age of Smegma, are actually examples of "great writing".

Not too different than a radical inquisitor conclave that have set up a planet into a huge prison system instead of just isolated bases. In fact, I'd guess that many of the 'end of the world' scenarios the SCP foundation has would by child's play compared to a literal universe with uncountable combined years of fighting the Warp.

Assuming they're appearing on Holy Terra and they manage the english/low gothic translation before being blown up, they become a part of the Inquisition and begin a task of trying to contain chaos and seal away warp-afflicted things.

The thing is that, the SCP fondation works more or less because the are able to Secure stuff.
Mainly, there is not 4 (or more) dickwads that actively try to fuck with you.

In SCP's univers, there is a lot of Univers destroying SCPs which is bad in their univers but completly impossible to deal with in 40k

>industry-defining multi-decade franchise
>versus internet fanwank
kids these days

>literal universe
Single galaxy.

>I'd guess that many of the 'end of the world' scenarios the SCP foundation has would by child's play compared to a literal universe with uncountable combined years of fighting the Warp.
Several of the "end of the world" scenarios that the Foundation deals with involve universe-annihilating cosmic horrors to some degree. SCP 2935 aka "O' Death" for example. Some nightmarish *thing* that has killed off entire alternate universes, completely. As in, everything within the universes touched by it are dead. The trees, the soil, all biological matter, entire planets, every star in the known universe, even SCP's well-known for being practically unkillable, such as 682 , are dead.

Mate, I agree with:
Ok, SCPs are well written (And I have read around 2000 of those), but this is not really comparable to full fledge book series.

It's not like that one was actually "dealt with" in any way. They just closed it off and left the death factor in its death dimension.

There's still the implication that there are other gateways through which it could slip in. All it would take is one person finding one oocmpletely damn the universe. And then there's shit like 3125, which would kill the entire universe in short order because of a lack of Antimemetics to combat it.

I like these. Source?

>industry-defining multi-decade franchise
The Simpsons

What this user said. Just because something is big, and made by professionals, doesn't mean it's fucking infallible.

See: Any Triple-A video game publisher.

Sunnyclockwork I think

Sunnyclockwork. They make some of the best SCP related art.

The antimemetics division antagonist spreads like wildfire thanks to psykers, makes chaos look like a bitch

They’d probably get blown up by the inquisition, resulting in one of the ticking time bombs that will destroy reality going off. An SCP is literally a slowly expanding ball of oblivion held in place with slowly failing runes that, when the fail, will cause everything in the universe being consumed by a rapidly expanding ball of absolute destruction.

SCP-106 becomes a terrifying legend in an underhive somewhere. Eventually a Dark Heresy campaign is run to find and destroy it.

SCP-173 lands in an Ork camp and snaps some Boyz' necks. Eventually it tries and fails to snap a Big Mek's neck and he puts it in his workshop as a thief deterrent.

Theres's also one SCP 001 proposal known as "The Lock" which has an indestructible gemstone containing something known as "Apakht", a demonic entity which is hinted at being the entire universe itself. It's pretty much a given that some Inquisitor is going to try and open it and end up killing everybody.

God I hate how people think the likes of 682, a regenerating lizard, is like a super powerful SCP. It's only notable for being popular. Chaos would be a blip to them in fact.

SCP-verse has contained a monster that eats timelines. "Something incomprehensibly terrible, in both senses of that word, something that can destroy an entire universe just by passing its shadow over it."

scp-wiki.net/scp-1739

The tripwire that destroyed 271 stars in the middle of the Galaxy

scp-wiki.net/scp-2100

Somewhere (can't find it) they've literally got a fleet of spaceships that go around rewriting the history of planets to make it so humanity evolved there. (There's evidence they did this to Earth.)

The box of sand that rewrites the cosmos

scp-wiki.net/scp-2070

The thing that rewrites the universe created by an alien universe's Nikola Tesla.

scp-wiki.net/scp-2700

There's also time travel and alternate timelines all over the place, even a timeline police.

Hell, they have an SCP that is two guys debating and whoever wins the debate, whatever their argument was becomes true. One event had them arguing on whether or not gravity was actually neccesarry and guy a was saying that it wasnt needed and was probably seconds away from getting rid of it all together before a foundation scientist hopped in and stopped them by counter debating.

scp-wiki.net/scp-946

Actually perhaps the most busted powerful force in SCP of them all is link related and yeah....it’s horrifiying and would pretty much default asswipe The likes of DC, Who, or Marvel
Because of just how devilishly exotic it is.

scp-wiki.net/scp-2747

The problem with SCP is how unpredictably dangerous they are. Their entire universe is hanging from spider threads and if any one of them is snipped, everything will go to shit. It's a wonder the SCPverse exists at all.

The cosmology of 40k gets noted by dr [ redacted] and is filed away.

>SCPs are well written
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>40k is well written
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Some of them are complete drivel, but there's some good shit in there.

You know. Like black library books.
Or codexes
Or fucking any form of franchise.

>tfw the foundation build a facility built specifically to rebuild and repopulate the earth in case it gets destroyed, and has backups of every single piece of media and information in the world so they can just mindwipe everyone into thinking nothing happened
>it was implied that it was activated several times already

SCP shit is already pathetic as fuck, a crossover of it would become even more stupid

What you have to realize is that SCP is, above all else, a creative writing site. (They now have much higher standards than they used to, but shitty relics like 682 are purposefully kept around for posterity. The quality is exponentially better then the beginning.

And to add onto this, there's shit like SCP-3200. A literal void of the purest nothingness that is consuming whole timelines and is directly expressed as being filled with raw *Hatred* for us.

>the tear itself. Spacetime itself is rending itself apart and we're seeing echoes of every timeline in the past and future. Time is an ouroboros, devouring itself again and again, only to be reborn. I saw all of it. All of the times we tried to stop it in the past. All the times that I tried to stop it in the past. And the future. This happens again and again, until we get it right. Over and over again, we try and try to fix it. All times blend together until we reach singularity and all is lost. The tear opens more holes everywhere in reality, and the anomalies appear faster and faster, but containment is only delaying the inevitable. The inevitable cleansing of the slate. I saw all the timelines. And we haven't stopped it in any of them. Bogoroditsa. We have seen into the abyss, and by God, it hates us.

>no good artwork of Grand karcist ion that doesn't make him look like an edgelord

They manage to secure the anomalies, sure, but they are also constantly fighting off rival organizations and cultists. I just recently started reading it again and there's apparently now an overarching story about the Church of the Broken God cultists

>Oh yeah well my guy is infinity times infinity more powerfuller than all other SCPs that he destroys every possible multiverse 1,000,000,000,000 times simultaniously every attosecond but he's too powerful to even notice and he also has Super Hyper Cannot Be Removed In Any Way immunity to any other SCP that if they ever try to even THINK of him they are instantly destroyed utterly with No Possible Way to regenerate ever again

heh, tough luck smalltime kiddo

SCP already has one of those

So why is nobody bringing up that all the SCPs would immediately get influenced by the Chaos Gods? You know Khorn is going to be gunning for 682, and that Tzeentch is going to be going for that opera mask

I'm not sure how, but I'm certain some techpriest is going to some crazy bullshit with me

>SCP 914 Test Log
>Input: My Screw
>Output: Your Screw

The COTBG are actually actively fighting off the Sarkic to ensure that all of existence doesn't get assraped by the fucker in pic related. So, whilst they may be rather insane all told, they are one of the *only* vanguards against the oncoming darkness the multiverse has.

682 already has big daddy, Scarlet King looking out for him and 035 is implied to have once been the Black Lord of Alagadda, which puts him in a weight-class all his own. Though I don't doubt that 035 and Tzeentch would engage in a series of convoluted Keikakus to see who could fuck the other over the most.

scp-wiki.net/scp-safe-j

Oh jesus I'm dying. A lot of the joke SCPs are crap but there's some real gems in here

I'm getting real sick of the Sarkic shit.

So, I feel at this point, where the Foundation is stuck in one of the worst settings to live in imaginable, they'd focus less on keeping a lot of the nonsense they have (Because really, is the Old Man really that anomalous compered to the normal Chaos stuff that exists everywhere?) they'd focus more on returning to their old reality or simply jumping ship and trying to set up shop in some OTHER reality that doesn't suck as much

So are we considering this a dimension hop or are we saying 40K just the SCPs reality in the year 40,000?

>So are we considering this a dimension hop
Probably a dimension hop. Also, 40k is nowhere near as bad as the SCPverse, which has like, 12000 different apocalypse-scenarios occurring on any given day.

Well, not quite. SCP operates that there is no canon, since realistically there'd be no way the foundation could possibly contain all the shit that's in the wiki, not to mention the money and manpower/D-Class involved.

A bunch of the other stories would also trivialize the other ones. A lot of authors have it so the Scranton reality anchors don't exist in their version of the foundation, since "They used a magic box to make the ghost thing stop being a ghost and the put it in handcuffs" makes for a shitty story

Fuck 682, fuck Khorne. Fuck whatever OP bullshit you wanna mash against the other universe. I have the ultimate showdown here.

A Slaneshi Demon world

VERSUS

scp-wiki.net/scp-871

>Pic related breaks containment

Gonna Machine Spirit the shit out of the Imperium

All you gotta do is eat the cakes. It's not hard. An entire slanesh world would probably have an easier time of it than the Foundation

>A cultist saves a cake for later
>More cakes
>And more cakes
>A huge excess of cake
>Slaneesh becomes the most powerful chaos god by sheer volume of cake.

That's Nid food if I've ever seen it

le cake is a lie XD

>Implying that the cake wouldn't transcend reality itself to become the fifth Chaos God that will drown the cosmos in sugarey terror.

I think the whole point is that you're getting the information on these things from the people who contain them. They think it might end the world, they found evidence from the people who built/found it originally that suggest it will eat the universe, or they observe some tend that, if left unchanged, would speak into oblivion, but in the end they don't really know for sure if an XK end-of-the-world scenario would happen or not.
Also, SCP-001 is the designation for the handful of super overpowered ones that all basically explain the origins of the Foundation. They all have the same designation because it would be impossible for them to exist in the same universe

You are right user, I was confusing COTBG with the Children of the Torch

So what are some SCPs that would enable an "escape" from the 40K world? The Red Sea Object is an obvious one, but that's not exactly safe. That guy who randomly hops realities every month is another idea, but you have no idea what you're getting yourself into with that, and you're limited by how many people can physically touch him

There's 2510, but it's not really advisable unless you're willing to enter some manner of Saekic-infested hellhole instead of 40k. And there's 106 and his pocket-dimension, but good fucking luck in convincing him to let you use it for anything other than torture.

The whole point is it's all handwavey bullshit.

Well I was thinking places you could actually start a new life. Pocket dimensions of any sort wouldn't really fit that requirement

343 and the stuff made out of 914 would give them a fighting chance for sure.

343 doesn't work on stuff not native to his reality. When he saw 682 he simply said it "Wasn't one of his" and that he couldn't do anything to it

Still doesn’t change the fact that he is stronger that 99% of the 40k stuff.

Like when dr bright tried to disprove him.

Plus no one can take most of the 001’s

>Well I was thinking places you could actually start a new life.
There actually seems to be very few SCP's capable of transporting people to "safe" locations. There seems to be *faaaaaaaar* more cases where the location you get sent to is some horrible hell murder-dimension, or some manner of impossible eldritch void rather than anything even remotely capable of hosting life.

The point I'm making is that he couldn't do shit to the 40K stuff, because "they aren't his" in this scenario

Doesn’t change the fact that he can throw rocks he can’t lift at them.

All of the things in 40k can be killed by physical combat in one way or the other.

Fair enough. I suppose my explanation is a bit of a suspension of disbelief, but from what little I know if 40k there seems to be more than one existential threat so I don't see to much of a leap on that front
The main difference it seems I'd that in the case of SCP it's a necessary evil. In a medium where there are many different writers and the content involves very bad things there has to be some room for hyperbole. Granted most SCPs aren't anything more than an anomaly and they are only kept for research or protection. Only keter level objects are dangerous to anyone who can read a sign and very few of them are capable of harming any more than a handful of people

What would happen if you put 343 through 914 on very fine?

Bad Things probably. Do remember that 914 is somewhat sentient/sapient, and has a habit for screwing the researchers over for putting stupid shit inside it. It would likely do the same here.

You know, Imperium could just exterminatus whatever world they pop up on. Even most of the apocalyptic scenarios are contained to only one planet. The ones of interest would be the interstellar ones, like the massive ark ship orbiting the solar system, or the really fucking angry star that's gonna hit Earth in several tens of thousands of years.

No, it's still pathetic.
The idea behind the foundation itself is stupid

>You know, Imperium could just exterminatus whatever world they pop up on.
The Foundation has an interstellar fleet to deal with anything that might try shit from space. They also have access to a weapon capable of maintaining the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, as well as having reality-rewriting SCP's on their payroll. And Groups Of Interest like the Mekhanites/The Church, and the Global Occult Coalition are peers to them. They'll be fine.

>They put a bunch of GPS trackers in it on 1:1
>Idea being that, over several tests, they'd be able to map out the interior of the device
>After like two weeks of testing it just makes the SCP logo

The issue is that breaking a lot of SCPs might make things worse. It was proposed that 173 is a prison for a much more powerful entity, that could be uncontainable if set free

Not to mention all the shit that requires human sacrifice that they have. The sheer amount of death adjacent to that could birth entirely new chaos gods

>Almost exactly the same shit as Delta Green, the Laundry, MIB, or any other "secret organization that contains and studies weird shit" group.
>a stupid idea
I know you need to be the ebin patrician shitting on the rest of the board with your flawless taste, but come on now.

>Immortal leader of flesh-warping cult that worships a cosmic destroyer entity
>Anything but the edgiest nigger

It's also proposed that 173 is the latest incarnation of the High Golem, one of the many monsters born from Cain killing Abel. Every time it's destroyed, it just incarnates in a new form with new rules and abilities to govern it.

Those published materials have actual literary merit.

SCP shit is just internet coolkids trying to outdo each other.

98% of SCPs would likely just be mere planetary threats, not really worth much consideration. The other 2% although, like the universe ending/bending ones could be a bit more of problem for the Imperium.

No SCP is a bunch of weird urban myths written into a wiki page.

Man, people and their ability to irrationally hate things.

SCP 319 to all of this.

was it autism?

If you want to talk about something on Veeky Forums, you don't always have to dump it in the 40k universe for it to be relevant. Hell, I would enjoy these threads a lot more if it weren't about 40k at all.

>The Foundation has an interstellar fleet
>a weapon capable of maintaining the Great Red Spot on Jupiter
Can I get a link? Because I haven't heard anything about this. I thought they were roughly planet-bound and mainly had contingencies in case the world ended.

>confirmed for not understanding fiction

A lot of your "published materials with actual literary merit" (SCP Foundation work is "published" too, BTW: it's just under Creative Commons license) were cool kids trying to outdo each other. Frankenstein, one of the most famous Gothic novels of all time, was the result of a bunch of bored rich kids challenging each other to write the scariest stories they could think of: in other words, it's 19th-century creepypasta. Many of Charles Dickens's novels are written in his long-winded style because the more installments his serial novel got, the more profit he could make from them. Alice in Wonderland is Charles Dodgson exorcising his anger at non-Euclidian geometry, and so on. Writing isn't this pure exercise that is only made good because it got "published" (by which I assume you mean "published by a major publishing house") and a bunch of other people in a circlejerk say that it's good. There's good self-published work, and there's officially-published work that's utter garbage. Get the stick out of your ass.

>I thought they were roughly planet-bound and mainly had contingencies in case the world ended.
Most of the time, they are, with very limited orbital assets (usually spy satellites/space telescopes and maybe a small, top-secret moon installation is the limit). However, some articles write from the perspective of the Foundation a couple centuries from now, where mankind has spread into the Solar system, and, by extension, so has the Foundation.

There is no canon for SCP articles. Each article can be considered it's own pocket of fiction relating to the site as a whole. Some authors have the Foundation as a paragon of science, being able to measure degrees of ability in Reality Warping Potential and making "anchors" to depower them, but this sucks a lot of the fun out of the more minor SCPs so many writers write their stories as if they don't exist.

Hell, some SCPs downright contradict eachother. I think there's at least four different versions of Abrahamic Hell under containment and I think the Moon is simultaneously a giant egg for some eldritch creature and a portal to another dimension.

Gonna take a whole to find the *exact* links, but I *do* have this. Enjoy: scp-wiki.net/scp-2399

The world is also going to end in 2019 according one SCP, the entirety of the Balkans is on top of a giant vampire worm thing, one of the head researchers is Satan, and there are at least a dozen other organizations like the Foundation all at odds with each other simultaneously.

>there's at least four different versions of Abrahamic Hell under containment and I think the Moon is simultaneously a giant egg for some eldritch creature and a portal to another dimension
>The world is also going to end in 2019 according one SCP, the entirety of the Balkans is on top of a giant vampire worm thing, one of the head researchers is Satan, and there are at least a dozen other organizations like the Foundation all at odds with each other simultaneously
This sounds like the most fun/wacky urban fantasy setting ever

>and mainly had contingencies in case the world ended.
SCP-2000 is almost literally a reset button for reality as a whole. In fact, the idea of the Foundation having readily-available reality warping and research teams dedicated to its development is pretty popular. There's a few other popular ones where they open portals to alternate realities and so on. The Foundation should LOGICALLY have the tech for space travel. However, few people are really interested in shoehorning a space opera aspect to the Foundation, so the concept doesn't get that much pull

Ultimately, it's easier for the Foundation to use quantum tunneling to reach another planet, using "canon" tech, than to build a spaceship.

There's a few SCPs related to foundation rockets. There's one where they shoved the mind of a researcher into an FTL spaceship to search for life outside of earth. After a few decades of relativistic isolation, and lack of any findings, he started rocketing his way towards earth, intent to collide with it.

scp-wiki.net/scp-2669

I do suggest reading it.

Funnily enough, I really hate this one. Mostly because of the baby and the overall character of the scientist.

It is, however, pretty well written otherwise.

Can you guys post some of the better SCPs?
They can be really great when done well, I especially liked the meta one that implied it destroyed the 'narrative' of the SCP universe outside of the articles themselves.

I just can't search through all 4k pages, you know?

scp-wiki.net/scp-140
This is one of my favorites. It's about a magical book which uses blood to rewrite history and extend the survival of the horrific civilization that created it. It's already added over a thousand years