Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1871: Edition Up For Sale

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soulslore.wikidot.com/data:everlasting-dragon
youtube.com/watch?v=BJivO0NvsAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bid two jars of pickles! Homemade!

So what exactly are the odds of surviving dies irae and does anybody have tips/guide.

You absolutely will die when the universe resets, so you might as well not jump unless you can stop the resets.

Not if you grab True Outsider.

The lame-o way to survive easily would be getting one of those plot enforcement perks (see An Inner Clockwork from Penny Dreadful for an example) and just a dash of fate/destiny manipulation to make sure Ren gets close with... I think it was either Rea or Kai? Whichever girl's route ends up in Kasumi pregnant with the next Sonnenkind while Reinhard and Mercurius laugh at Ren and company from outside space and time. You should end up with enough time for the jump to end before things heat up again.

>evacuate people of Good or harmless Neutral alignment from Remnant on multiple spaceships, mostly Vacuo because they have a great mindset for settling almost-barren places
>settle them offworld, possibly out of system
>return to Remnant orbit
>drop broken moon onto planet
>if all Grimm not yet dead, commence orbital bombardment
>???
>profit

Any holes in this plan?

Aren't Grimm automatically born from negative feelings?

DARKNESS GOD created them on Remnant to reflect his hatred of all the life LIGHT GOD made and negative emotions only attract them.

Do we even know if other planets exist?

Sweet or dill?

You'll need to set stuff up for the people you save. Going from roughly current age tech to stone age would be a problem if you just leave them to their own devices.

Good point, will need to somehow bring planets with me, or the ability to make them.

There must be something in space, they've tried going there before but Dust stops working outside the atmosphere.

But that doesn't make sense, because humans are the one thing that darkness god doesn't hate. Plus Ozpin says he was cursed by the godS, plural, for failing to stop Salem, which implies that the darkness god isn't happy with what Grimm are doing now either.

You don't know exactly how powerful that setting's gods are and how they might react to some outsider abducting humanity and destroying the Grimm.

There's also the possibility that something nasty might be waiting for you in space since there's probably a reason Dust doesn't work off planet.

>Pussy gods too lazy to do shit

Doesn't the myth say the Grimm predate humans, because Light God suggested them after seeing that Grimm were 2spooky?

Also, still no answer on where Faunus come from.

Also a good point, will need habitat domes or terraforming.

I think this one would give me the most trouble, yes.

And how many other gods exist, if any?

Faunus are abominations made by their NEET younger brother, the Neutral God, who is trying to kill off humans through lewd.

Why would you absolutely die when the universe resets? What makes this setting’s universe reset so special that defensive powers from other jumps wouldn’t work against it?

>From other jumps
See, if you have out of context perks, say so. By default, you don't have those, so by default, you die with the resets.

>something nasty might be waiting for you in space
Space Whale Grimm. Or maybe Space Krakens

Why would resenting the universe kill anyone? Wouldn't it just send you back to where you were at the start of the jump?

Val could you explain Let The Gates of Valhalla Open Wide to me please. Is it a one time thing or what?

Actually you still dont die from the resets, because even then True Outsider, which is a perk that directly references the resets, says you can remember what happened, and doesn't refer to any non-memory related issues pertaining to the reset. So assuming you dont have True Outsider and can't stop the resets, the worst that should happen is that you dont remember the resets.

Not a one time thing. Otherwise it's as it says.

Cheers.

Can you confirm that resets don't kill in Dies Irae or do you need True Outsider?

Don't know much about the setting so info gathering and fact checking.

So Nubee, I was looking through the DS1 Jump and noticed that for every Origin, the Perks gain additional benefits when taken with the other Perks of that Origin... except for Firekeeper, in which the Perks seemingly have no other synergies. Is this intentional?

>Jumper doesn't have defenses from memory loss due to resets
>Time spent in a reset still counts against limit
>Jumper enters jump
>From Jumpers POV, three seconds later, Jumper's standing in front of the benefactor
>"I hope you had fun, Jumper!"
>"... Wait, what? I didn't do anything tho?"

Because you die? The universe being reset erases the version of you that existed in the reset universe.
If you take that perk. You don't put enough weight on memories either.

The resets, barring other protection, can kill you yes. They won't happen unless your actions specifically lead to them and there's multiple paths in canon that will avoid that.

Is that a thing they actually confirm in the VN? Otherwise I would assume resetting the universe is equivalent to traveling back in time.

The best way to survive that jump.

It's a fact of reality. The VN doesn't say anything about it either way, but that's how a reset works. Use your brain, you're basically doing the same as copying brain patterns to another body and deleting the old one.

>Since, you know. It's the maximum.
Permit me to nitpick.
>In game terms, Gnosis is an amount between 0 and 50 (although theoretically, it is possible to go higher than that).

You'd basically have to interfere to make sure one of two specific endings from the game happen if you aren't strong enough to stop Mercurius.

Speaking of Dark Souls, you know what the sweetest part of being a dragon is? Having a memory so powerful, it creates a pseudo-Reality Marble with you in it even if you're technically dead at the time.

To be fair multiple jumps handle it differently like the teleporter from Startrek "should" kill you but doesnt unless you take a drawback

Nikamoth, is Princess still coming along?

Are you? When I hear "reset the universe" I'm imagining taking everything in the universe (souls included, because those exist in Dies Irae) and returning it to the state it was in previously. If the intent was that he was destroying the old universe and making a new one that was identical to the way the previous one used to be, they'd call it destroying and recreating instead of resetting.

I mean, you can just say that the route you want is the one taken. So long as you're not interfering, Ren can accomplish Kasumi or Kei's route just fine.

Oh god not this dumb shit again.

>Oh god not this dumb shit again.
Jumpchain in a nutshell, really.

My problem with that is that both of those endings are shitty for the setting.

Then interfere with and try to change it. It's your choice to do so. Just realise that if you decide to interfere with the story, you will be facing the dangers of the story. You don't get anymore of a free ride than that.

It's a reversion and erasure of information. Ego, it deletes the current/present self. He is not moving the present self back in time then inducing brain damage for amnesia.

>Implying it's possible to match Mercurius during the chain

I don't think any of those things count as death for chain ending purposes. If you're alive the instant before the universe is reset and alive the instant after the universe is reset, I don't see how you can claim a death occurred.

They sure do count as death, and they should logically count as an end to the chain. Only jumpmaker rulings declare otherwise, which isn't even the case here as you can see above.

>I don't see how you can claim a death occurred
Erasure and destruction of the present self. From that person's perspective, they have ceased to be. Same as clones.

Hey everybody, I'm gonna start work on a Hero Academia update with new Quirks due to this last arc almost being over (I think, maybe). I'll be aiming for a good sized chunk of new Quirks including some stuff talked about in the past such as an Ice Quirk for people who want to create Half Hot Half Cold.

As part of this update I'm going to be adjusting some of the Quirks already in based on new information in the series. Overhaul is pretty much staying where it is, but Harden will go down to Tier 0 since it only became as amazing as it was in canon due to the efforts of the person with it and the Quirk Twice has will probably see some adjustments too. Just wanting to let you guys know ahead of time.

You said that the "VN doesn't say anything about it either way." Therefore you have no idea whether the person experienced the present then instantly starting experiencing the past, or it they experienced the present then ceased experiencing anything and it's all down to fanwank.

would True Outsider help me survive the resets?
Sorry if it's a retarded question, I know nothing of Dies Irae.

Alright good luck NuBee, hope you have some fun with it.

Sounds good, friendly bee. I look forward to it.

I do, because that's how this shit logically works. You have to leap through some stupid fucking unnecessary logic loops to think otherwise, especially since Mercurius has no reason to give a shit. None of the characters remember the resets, so there is no indication they are the individual time traveling and not a separate instance from the present self that was reset.

It would, though you'd be stuck with Merc at the beginning of the universe.

That would be funny, just going "Hi there!" right after the reset.

So we also need to be able to survive the big bang? Or is the start of the universe something different?

"So... got any cards?"

When you reset a robot, you set the state of the robot back to the defaults. If you blow a robot up and build a new robot and dump a backup of the original robot's memories into it, no one would ever call that a "reset." Word choice implies that no one is getting destroyed. Admittedly, that could be a translation thing.

...I just got a really stupid idea. I don't expect this to work, but hear me out. What if we broke into Mercurius' Palace via the Metaverse app and then stole the Treasure? Would he realize his plan is stupid and come to terms with living in a world of foreknowledge, and thus depower his own Apoptosis in Reinhard, who's potential to become a God suddenly deflates once Merc has undergone mental therapy?

This is under the assumption you can somehow do this without him noticing it at first, mind.

Can you answer this

When does that happen in Dark Souls?

Maybe, but I have to imagine that the Shadows living in his Palace are going to be really buff.

If you reset a robot, you are also erasing the information that made the former robot who they were. It is still death.

>Implying that it isn't possible in 100 jumps or less

From a philosophical standpoint maybe. But I think it's clear that Quicksilver never intended memory erasing effects to end your chain.

That swastika is going the wrong way.

I don't agree, he pretty much never even thought of or even addressed such a thing.

It's doable in two jumps, Majikoi + Overlord.

Happens in 2 I think?

I know you're shitposting, but wow, this is fucking stupid. You couldn't even pick like, DBZ or something else of a high power level.

Well, you'd need to survive being in the universe at the state it was in then, yeah.

If you could save all the points from one jump and transfer them to your next jump, which jump would use go through to transfer those points to the next jump? What jump would you transfer them to?

Tireless doesn't make your stamina pool limitless, but rather makes it so the pool you have never runs out.

Not the user you are replying to, but DBZ would be useless in this scenario. You don't want biggatons, you want conceptual hax. Really, Mercurius throwing up a Supernova that burns the multiverse is just hax from his own Law.

Thanks dudes.

I honestly didn't notice actually since they all pseudo-synergize just from how I built it.

Dark Souls 2 I believe, happens with a giant too?

High power levels wouldn't help, need hax and somthing like exalted for anti reality warping.

Can I just say how amusing it is that we actually have to make that distinction.

>"Nonono! It's not INFINITE, it's only ENDLESS!"
>"What's the difference?"

Pulling Powers Out of Her Ass + Scaled the Wall + Mage background allows you to create a spell whose effect is "Destroy the Hadou God Mercurius, ignoring all defenses which would prevent this destruction and preventing the destruction from ever being undone." Ring of Elru allows you to cast that spell, ignoring it's cost. Ergo, Mercurius is destroyed, QED.

>Dark Souls 2 I believe, happens with a giant too?
Do you have a youtube link to that scene? I can't picture that happening in my mind right now, it's been too long since I've done anything related to Dark Souls.

So the best way to survive that jump is to say that this world follow Kasumi route and camp in the warehouse ?

Thanks for the help :)

When you fiddle with the Ancient Dragon's corpse (yes he's an artificial one but the "Reality Marble" the giant's soul leads back to is that of what seems to be an actual archdragon's corpse, implying Aldia somehow made an artificial dragon so similar to the original it tapped into a portion of the original's life force).

And in DS3, Hawkwood tells you only one guy is bad enough to become a legit archdragon instead of dying as a stone meditating deerman or degenerating into sneks. Because you're the player character and/or because you learned how to pose, then after defeating Hawkwood you took some magic rocks infused with the strength of dragons and after meditating until you collapse overlooking some mountains, you hear a dragon war and wake up on Archdragon Peak where you can see a huge dragon's dead body.

Oh, and I finally tracked down that interview Miyazaki did where he explained dragons are half-living, half elemental beings beyond human understanding.

soulslore.wikidot.com/data:everlasting-dragon

Sure.

I want this, but she has to be smarter than Fat Buu.

Not on hand, sorry dude.

It really reminds me of /fgog/ shitposting sometimes.

>"Nonono! Lancelot is UNRIVALED, not INVINCIBLE!"
>"Bullshit"

I added a companion option along those lines to DBZ recently. Check the update folder.

Well she can be as smart as you want.

Yo, I got you guys covered. Also my mistake, it's not the Ancient Dragon, it's a spur of rock you find near The Duke's Dear Freyja aka Seath's latest form, apparently.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJivO0NvsAw

Though I should point out since it's not clear from the video, if you pause at 1:35 and 1:45 you can see it's directly beneath a dragon the giant spider killed's jaws, implying a bit of it's life energy or something dripped out of it.

There actually is a dead dragon in that room; if you look closely 1:44 you can see its mouth with a string of web connecting it to the floor.

Havens would Hyperbolic Time Chamber be very useful if I would go Majin?
And is chamber capped at 10 times earth gravity or can i fanwank that it set at highest level that being inside can survive/train ?

Ah, thanks kindly guy.

I'd transfer cp between all the jumps that don't have 50 cp perks or items.

It's meant to be the canon Chamber, so if they have some way to adjust the gravity in there, you can too. Otherwise, fanwank it.

And generally it should always be useful as long as you keep exerting yourself in training.

Happy to help. Always fun to pick through DS lore mysteries.

I did notice, just posted in case anyone didn't.

Though looking back over the exact sequence of events, you need the Ashen Mist Heart to access the dragon's memories. The whole delving into memories thing apparently can have tangible effects on the beings you delve into (i.e. the Giant Lord/Last Giant carrying a grudge because you murdered him during his own siege) and let you carry back tangible objects (i.e. at the end of the kings DLC, Vendrick somehow combines the strength of all the kings' crowns into one crown that prevents hollowing). The Ancient Dragon drops a petrified dragon bone as well as giant soul, and even though the game puts a question mark on the "bone" DS3 confirms the power of dragons can be infused into rocks to transfer it. Coupled with the Ashen Mist Heart's description:

>"Manifestation of ashen mist received from the ancient dragon.
>The magic of the ancient dragon allows one to delve into the memories of the withered."

The implications seem to be 1. Although artificial, like an Einzbern Hormunculus the Ancient Dragon was used to host an actual dragon's life essence and 2. the AMH itself it some sort of treasure derived from the archdragons, like the Primordial Crystal.

I could also speculate on how maybe this has something to do with why the Painter Girl's lineage can paint worlds, but that seems a lot iffier and besides her eyes are more Primordial Serpentine than draconic.

>like the Primordial Crystal

Actually forget that, this thing seems more like an expression of dragon power to me whereas I just remembered they simply owned the Primordial Crystal and didn't need it 'cause of being already immortal

I've only ever been in Alter, I wonder how much worse the main thread is.