EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous Thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What are your house rules?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hapatra-nooze-reanimator/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only house rules my LGS uses is partial Paris mulligan still if people are ok with it.

House rules are if someone starts to masturbate with an infinite or pseudo infinite then you can go and take a shit and get a drink and start shuffling for the next one.

Pretty much any monored commander works with a "fuck you and your nonbasic lands" package, right?

I was thinking about building Lovisa this way

Can anyone give me a budget Ayli decklist?

If I start to go off with storm or Karador or anything like that I offer to bow out of the game and let everyone else finish it out if I didn't like nuke someone's board first.

My group allows you to reorginize generic mana.
For example if you cast a spell that cost R3 and you used RRGG but you find you need G for another spell and you have avalible B you can tap B and untap G so you can continue.

You just have to let everyone know what you are doing.

Yeah, and depending on meta it can be great. Or it can do absolutely nothing. The package is about four cards (blood/magus moon, ruination, price of progress) but it totally fucks you if people aren't running many non-basics, and it weakens your deck too, since you don't want to run non-basics. So it makes cards like valakut, scrying sheets, maze, and other much needed utility lands in monored harder to run

30 life unless otherwise agreed upon so the combat step actually matters early
Prize night on Saturday (everyone brings a bulk rare, winner takes the pot after three victories). Unofficial cEDH night, heavily proxied decks allowed for newer players to still have fun
Mana Crypt banned
LabMan and Hermit banned to keep Saturdays interesting (the Oloro faggot is still mad he got outvoted 8-2 on it)
Biorhythm unbanned
Select silver-bordered cards allowed as long as stated beforehand, such as Grimlock and The Cheese Stands Alone
90 seconds for a normal turn, 45 for an extra turn. Go over the timer and you have to exile a land (again, Oloro faggot)
Drinks closed-top and on the floor
Either take the free full mulligan, or you’re allowed to mull up to two cards partially and draw one, then scry one. Normal mulligans afterwards.
Trade binders come out between games and only between games
Flip a coin to decide which way the table rotates for turns

I feel like a fucking babysitter sometimes

I've yet to have someone complain about my proxy of Temple of Malice that is a normal magic card I sharpied on.

So I guess that's a houserule.

to the guy asking about hapatra last thread, this is more or less the list i was running

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hapatra-nooze-reanimator/

thank you user

Exile two cards from hand to search for a basic land. It's only one card if you don't have all your deck's lands yet.

>dark confidant
>triskelion
also this deck is so fragile it almost hurts

Can this with 99 swamps be viable? Maybe with some artifact for some light voltroning?
I thought of doing this for shenanigans.

Yes, I run it in Godo and it can really fuck people over

No one is going to complain about a proxied Temple. Dual or shock, maybe, but I'd be surprised if people weren't fine with ETB tapped duals

>Thread question
When someone demonstrates an infinite combo that would win them the game, they win leave the table and the game proceeds as if they never combo'd off.
Funnily enough this wasn't enforced ever, its just the one guy who played combo was a massive bro and said "okay so this is how i win, you guys have fun" and went to the shop down the road.

i had bob on the list instead of phyrexian arena because you can pitch him to survival/fauna shaman and because there's more enchantment removal in my meta than creature removal

triskelion is there solely for the mike and trike combo

the nooze combo is somewhat fragile, yes, but you've got the aforementioned mikaeus+triskelion to fall back on, as well as nooze+devourer and blowfly infestation+blood artist

too slow, too easy to disrupt

>House rules.

We are pretty casual about most things, so we switch around Mulligan rules almost every game, we allow for cracking fetches/Steve early just to save time on the search and shuffle, and know you have it out as a blocker (so often that we gave it the nick name "quantum state steve", since it exists as both a land and a blocker until observed).

We're also pretty relaxed on take backs, as long as no one reveals any hidden information.

infect Hapatra is just faster and more consistent

not really

What the fuck? Why?

I want to build red/green
Current decks:
karamerta landfall
meren
mizzix
phenax walls

who should i build? I was thinking about either angry omnath or wort the conspirator, any suggestions?

left is law, man. turn order is always clockwise where i play. close-top drink is a good rule, i will adopt this.

there are like 5 playable infect creatures in the colors. i suppose your main win con would be triumph of the hordes but hapatra needs some creatures to play off of to get a big enough snake swarm to get that going.

Fetchlands, even cheap ones like Evolving Wilds, are a must. Two Landfall triggers for the price of one.

ever heard of proliferate/pump spells?

I need help /edhg/! I built a Gitrog.deck and it's no fun for me, it's too straight forward with combos n shit. So i am going to rebuild it, im thinking 5-colour lands. Im having a hard time finding wincons, any ideas? Maze's End?

Do you start shuffling while taking a shit?

sounds slow, inconsistent, and heavily reliant on bad 3-4 drops with no evasion surviving for a turn and then being unblocked

if you want to play golgari infect varolz is a lot better

>What are your house rules?
No silver bordered cards.

"From Outside the Game" effects do nothing.

Normal (Sheldon) Ban list, nothing else is banned or unbanned.

First mulligain is free.

Concession entitles you to sweep up all your cards and leave the table but leaves a ghost player behind who does nothing but pass priority until they lose the game properly. If ever only one non-conceded player remains in game, it's over, last man standing doesn't need to finish his 8 year combo to be declared the winner.

Your playgroup certainly seems interesting, I'd totally play in it.

Your decks are way too slow, build Xenagos and go fast

Door to Nothingness??

sounds like my group's house rules except we just give people free mulls until they have a playable hand

we're fortunate enough to not have dicks that abuse that privilege

Anyone got a competitive Padeem list?

no

and a fun one?

Because the game is over but some people don't like dying to some jack off combo so I let them get out whatever mass attacking game they want to play and I know that my deck worked and I won.

Im actually building a similar deck but sticking with gitrog. In both cases Thespian Stage + Dark Depths is decent as far as non combo goes. Mazes End is spicy. As far as gitrog goes, mine will probably become secret commander Volraths Stronghold.

What do you think is the most powerful edh deck?
superfriends is the best one IMO

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/

flashhulk or storm.

Hahaha no. A hard combo list is going to be the "best". Which combo list is probably up for debate, but it'll be a combo deck for certain. Superfriends is slow and durdly, it's not that good in the grand scheme.

any deck running ad nauseum

>most powerful
>superfriends, the definition of do-nothing-important-without-doubling-season
um, I've got bad news for you my guy
It's probably FCT idk

sisay paradox engine chain veil 'walkers can at least get infinite planeswalker activations on turn 6 but that's still way too slow to keep up with any real cedh decks

Is there a viable burn-based commander that isn't a one trick pony?

no

there are so many things you can do with neheb's mana

your problem is with burn, not the commanders you try to run it in

How is Tazri anything resembling tier 1? I'm assuming you just don't ever cast him but then why not list any of the better 5c commanders

tazri is a deck where you generate infinite mana through other means and then tazri is your infinite mana dump

We like to keep it spontaneous, and like the life rule, we usually keep it out if people new to the group are present.

Speaking of rotations, a couple of us are thinking of doing a “loaner” night where everyone at the table keeps their commander hidden, passes their deck to the left and then flips them over. I think it would be good for getting newer players more chances to explore different deck styles, any thoughts?

Huh, that's funny, never heard of such a thing. I guess it makes sense though. Do you even have 1 ally to tutor for in the deck?

should i get the c17 vamp deck for ~35 bucks?
i mainly want the goad sorc, mathas and teferis protection but path to ancestry seems nice as well. and you can never have too many swords & sol rings.
EU not US btw.

your infinite mana combo uses Food Chain

once you generate the mana, cast Tazri to get Hagra Diabolist, Halimar Excavator, or Kalastria Healer

cast them, then exile and recast Tazri to your Food Chain repeatedly until everyone else at the table is dead.

Woah...

when my LGS added a terrible points system that gave a bunch of points every time you saved someone else from dying or wrathed a big board of creatures, a friend of mine put her at the front of a deck that was all fogs and wraths to prove to the judge who runs the event how abusable his points system was

The guy who does it does each step individually instead of asking if we respect the fact it goes infinite and skip straight to the outcome. He'll say "using my x I do y" until the game is over. It was fine the first couple of times, and even helped me learn about how the interaction and mechanism of the deck worked.
When he tutors it almost every game and does it every time it's a bit boring.

I give myself a shuffle if you know what I'm saying.

this guy is $3 now. breddy nice

MVP in gitrog. well worth the 5$ i spent a year back.

>5 vs 3 bucks
whew lad

Sisay with Paradox Engine.

How you gonna do shit when I've got a billion legendaries out like Teeg and Dromoka?

Also it's a fun deck to build as an "Archenemy" EDH of 1v3.

>Tazri
>Him

Tazri is a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

neheb eggstorm

why not just get chain veil and walkers and go infinite right then and there?

Well he was pushing about 7 as of late, still a nice reprint. It's no all star, but ob is great in a lot of decks.

What combination of GW walkers goes infinite with the veil?

paradox engine, OG garruk, serra's sanctum, gaea's cradle

after that you shit every legendary and planeswalker in your deck into play and have enough planeswalker activations stored up to ult them all 4 or 5 times

you need whitemane lion or something similar to go infinite with paradox engine but it's really easy to dig for when you have 15+ ajani unyielding activations and there are only 50 cards left in your deck

Most of those have almost no impact on you running nonbasic lands.

Blood/Magus Moon just turn them into mountains, giving you essentially the same result.

Stuff like From the Ashes just lets you replace the nonbasics. Ruination still hurts at lot though.

No. The second printing should be out soon/now, which should drop prices.

Also, unless the total cost of the cards you want is greater than the cost of the deck, it is not worth it to guy the whole thing just for a few cards.

are there any parallel lives/token multiplier effects in UB?

How do you guys deal with old douchebags who refuse to let you explain rulings to them because they assume they know everything? There's no judge for me to call

Closest thing you've got is Clone Legion.

>Aether Flash
>doesn't have Flash
Also why is Magus of the Abyss in a list of red punisher cards?

I remember the original picture being bigger, with black and rakdos cards too

maybe it's a bad crop

Probably meant as a Mogis rec list.

Pull it up the verbatim Wizards ruling on your phone and show it to them

Then take a giant shit on their playmat and make them eat the shit

It's part of the game. If you can't stop them from assembling then combo then you lose. To move on like nothing happened when you were beaten is unacceptably autistic.

>Also it's a fun deck to build as an "Archenemy" EDH of 1v3.

My group has done Archenemy EDH and it's pretty fun depending on who's playing. Basically we've all built a tier 1/1.5 commander that we play against three 2/2.5/3 commanders and see if we can't beat the Archenemy.

The true fun of building a top tier deck.

That's stupid and gay.
>H-hey guys, here's my tier 1 deck, haha, guess it's archenemy!
>everyone blows their load stopping you
>deck loses
>no one draws an answer early
>fast combo deck goes off and wins

Retrying from last thread:
After like 2 months of saying I would I finally did it. I uploaded my BUG Sidisi list to tapped out and would love any advice/help.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/

I already know some obvious replacements like Greed with Erebos or Cancel with Counterspell but any other obvious upgrades would be helpful.

I also want to fit in:
Villianous Wealth
Cyclonic Rift
Vraska the unseen
Tasigur

I also want to add a Cabal+Urborg Package to take advantage of the x cost spells

Thank y'all in advance.

>>H-hey guys, here's my tier 1 deck, haha, guess it's archenemy!

Except that's not how it works when everyone agrees to the idea you mong. Stop being a pauperfag.

Im gonna agree with this guy. Tier 1 decks are meant to go off and win super early. Archenemy is made to be oppressive and stop the other 2-3 decks from winning but still giving a chance that isn't "Did you guys draw counter by turn 5? No? Oh okay i win"

>tfw bring up strong deck
>playgroup knows it's strong
>other players also pick strong decks, but it's not AS strong (Say mine is tier 1.5 and theirs tier 2)
>one or two players just keep up mana and hand full of counterspells the entire game, not doing anything, just making sure I never get to resolve anything at all
>devoting every single resource to fucking me over, like wastelanding my land turn 1 when they only have 2 lands in their own opening hand, essentially throwing themselves out of the game
>other strong deck combos off instead with no resistance

I hate it, because they aren't playing to win. They are right in that I am the biggest threat, but that doesn't mean others cease to be one entirely.

Who is the best commander to helm a grixis, artifact-themed deck?

>"Did you guys draw counter by turn 5? No? Oh okay i win"

So archenemy?

Not in my experience.

I've never played a game of Archenemy where the Archenemy didn't win because of the Archenemy cards that are overpowered as fuck.

I'd rather 3v1 Sisay and hope someone draws artifact removal/counter than play actual Archenemy.

Sounds like a normal Tier 1 game actually.

It means you should stop playing such a faggy lil deck you fag.

Except my playgroup is also playing such faggy decks.

had a similar issue today where my Doran deck of all things got hated out by an edgar deck while gitrog and alesha were allowed to go off because I beat him once with it. This is the same guy who bitches about how stupid my deck is no matter what I play so idk what I should've expected

Mishra, just throw a possibility storm in there too.

I wish people in this general could understand that every playgroup/meta is different.

Mine's filled with old timers who've got Tier 1 shit but than have Tier 2.5/3 to play against weaker decks.

It's a pretty good playgroup where everyone understands power levels and not to play something like Teferi against something like Hapatra.

Mr. Jank

Really wondering how to build this guy for multiplayer. Any thoughts?