BTC Dominance

almost were it was in June/July this year

will BTC rise and kill alts again? (after silvester sell off) or will it just continue loosing?

what do you guys think?

The current sell of was predicted by many. People who would buy on holiday and the only folks motivated to transact are people looking for tax sales at end of year. Everything will fly in January.

Ignore the FUD, if you need to turn off your computer and enjoy the new year.

Also, lookup: Loose vs lose.

It will keep losing. BTC's position as the primary trading pair is one of the main things propping up its price, but exchanges will add more and more BCH and ETH trading pairs in 2018. Then there won't be any reason to use BTC anymore. I doubt it will still be #1 by the end of 2018.

>what do you guys think?
That OP is a faggot

i just bought some bitcoin, hope it doesn't drop too much more but yeah.

not tight - thx ^^

>you must be new here
>Let me guide u
>Give up

BTC dominance will keep dropping as there is 0 barrier for new shitcoin entries. So they will flood the market, thus dropping the BTC percentage.

>Ignore the FUD, if you need to turn off your computer and enjoy the new year.

While normgroid sheep "enjoy the new year" smart people take advantage of opportunities and make a killing

I'm with you user. It's not 2010 anymore, and vastly superior blockchains have been developed while Bitcoin has refused upgrades. Bitcoin maximalists think this shitty miner-profit coin will last forever. Sorry kids, but flip phones didn't maintain market dominance over smartphones for too long after iPhone came out.

Bitcoin regained dominance because of the "free money" fork cash grabs after the summer. Don't expect that sort of life support to last forever.

Lightning Network is already ready to be implemented, devs are sitting on it so they can lower the price as low as possible, maximize profits, and minimize the later correction after BTC spikes as a result.

Lightning Network will reduce all BTC transaction fees to virtually zero. This will kill 99% of alts.

I predict a USD dominace.

So both BTC and alts will slowly retracing (giving BTC a bigger dominance in the long run).

I don't think it will kill all alts but when the community around BTC reaches a consensus, it tends to become extremely bullish.. so I think LN could be good for BTC hodlers but I don't think it will end speculation for other alts. After all, some say BTC will need to increase blocksize eventually for scaling even after LN

Fuck off Mnuchin.

>It's crashing because I said so
>let's ignore that it's getting more and more mainstream appeal, businesses are using it, etc

will lose dominance but still can get to $50k ezpzpoo

Last I checked BTC is the #6 most commonly used currency on Earth.

It's only "competitors" are purely speculative imagination coins with no product (Except for ETH, which has a product and doesn't compete directly)

I can't help but think all this anti-BTC propaganda exists purely to destroy crypto as a whole. It's a divide and conquer strategy.

There is an inflection point on the 12th Dec when alts took off.

A couple of people here actually predicted it. When BTC was mooning with all the normies buying in late Nov. and alts were receeding there were thread here saying that the alts season would come soon because normies would go shopping for alts with their new BTC.

It was the exact same pattern as earlier in the year when there as a huge BTC buy-in and then alt-shopping. The only question is now, will the pendulum swing back to BTC again? And how far can alts run before that happens?

To be clear nothing is endangering BTC's dominance, the entire fucking market dipped due to whales and internal fuckery.

Ripple will probably be the next flash in the pan like Bcash. It won't be adopted by BTC's user base because it's bank controlled fiat pretending to be crypto.

LIGHTNING IS LITERALLY THE CURRENT CENTRALIZED BANKING SYSTEM. IT. DOES. NOT. SOLVE. ANYTHING.

You can literally use "lightning" RIGHT FUCKING NOW. By using your debit card. Literally fucking kys. Why do I keep saying dumbass people repeat this retarded phrase?

I think what triggered the pessimism around BTC was a combination of stuff, the least of which wasn't BCH being listed on Coinbase. It breeds confusion around BTC brand and it fired up the anti-BTC paid shills to go full force into FUDing BTC and themselves by extension. BCH wasn't to fall again now and be sold off, but it can't, because its bag holders are tied close to BTC now and when it drops it takes BTC with it, along with it spreading the most accessible exchange thinner.

Veeky Forums neets are eager to jump into the hate with pointless and emotional rage against the "normie coins" because of jealousy and resentful faggotry they always feel.

No it's not, because in the Classic banking system you can print as much meme banknotes as you fucking want, with the LN you really cant! Sure lightning nodes are going to be a kind of banks handling IOUs but it will still be impossible to print more IOUs than the btc behind them - a very big fucking difference!

This. I'll immediately sell all my alts and hop on the BTC train as soon as LN comes out.

I am going to wait one week after new year, and see what's going to happen. In the holiday season normies won't give us new money, therefore it's totally fine, that the price is not recovering.

I've been invested in Bitcoin since 2013, and I've watched it decline more and more rapidly since 2015. Hell, the ASIC boom of 2013 was bad enough.

I don't have patience for broken systems that benefit a small group of privileged individuals, especially since, in the case of Bitcoin, the greed of those individuals has made it unusable as a currency. The primary function of Bitcoin was to subvert the power of central governments and financial institutions (which are basically one in the same these days). Bitcoin can't do that anymore. It has no purpose.

Also, fuck off with the "paid shill" meme. This isn't the 2016 US election; it was a retarded enough conspiracy theory then, and it's especially retarded now.

I don't want crypto to die. I want all of the new moon-lambo chasing NEET gamblers to realize that crypto will die if they keep throwing money at broken coins and invest in coins with good fundamentals instead.

The Bitcoin dream is still alive, just not with Bitcoin.