Is there anyone else with her kill count...

Is there anyone else with her kill count? By kill count I mean completely destroying a settings lore she has fucking Star Wars, Gears Of War, and even fucking Halo under her belt.

She hates the big posters boys of any setting like Jedi or Spartans and decides to make them look extremely shitty

or wherever

>I'm going to work in the American history industry
>but I fucking hate Americans, let's make American history all about Nicuaragans

literally who

I was gonna try Veeky Forums but they dont exactly care for this kind of literature

Veeky Forumserally who

Karen Travis

So what exactly did this thot do?

To be fair, that's pretty much what the humanities are like nowadays. Ever seen that YouTube video about how French history schoolbooks dedicate a full three pages to Napoleon (depicting him as the Qaddafi of his era) but a humble 20 pages to transatlantic slave trade?

Maybe explain your gripe and name your enemy next time user

Okay so basically shes a huge Mandolorian/Clone Trooper fan girl but also extremely hates the jedi. She wrote the Republic Commando books where it was full off Mandolorian dick sucking. Other parts mostly in EU stories was where she just randomly killed off Mara Jade and had Luke Skywalker admit he was to weak to fight Jacen Solo for some reason.

Shes essentially one of the reasons why alot of shit in Star Wars EU needed to be deleted

She invented the Vong?

Is gonna be another thread where autists hate on someone nobody else even cares about like pic related? How long do I have to wait for the copypasta?

Nobody on Veeky Forums cares about your Xbox toys. How many months has it been since we had a thread? How many years since the last Gears thread? And those settings were pretty shit from the start.

Also, nobody really cares about a few crappy Star Wars novels among a flaming garbage pile of literal hundreds of crappy Star Wars novels. Even in /swg/, I doubt most people will know who/what you're complaining about.

She invented the Mandolorians are the most powerful race in star wars meme

Karen Traviss could probably ruin Star Trek if they let her.

Nothing can't be ruined by her husbando obsessions.

If you deep enough in Star Wars to go a fucking star wars general you should at least know who Karen Traviss is

We don't even hate Lindybeige, his awkwardness and retardation is adorable. Like watching a threelegged pupper trying to chase his own tail.

Who cares? They aren't significant in story. We're talking about a universe that had Chewie and Han fight zombie storm troopers and Kyle Katarn.

Don't worry, CBS is doing that right now with Discovery.

Just imagine what Karen Traviss could do!

We'd probably find out Section 31 is some elite Spartan-type brotherhood of artificially perfect warrior husbandos.

What's wrong with Discovery so far? It doesn't seem too bad, the lead character does get punished for being such a huge fuck up. the ship's jump drive is kind of gay though.

The writing is awful, all the characters are miserable cunts who are utterly unlikeable, the plot is nonsense, the science abuse is ridiculous, and it looks like Lens Flare the Show. It is pretty far from real Trek. It'd be a fine generic gritty and dark sci-fi show, but as Star Trek, it leaves much to be desired.

You realize that thread spends more time talking about stats for the X-wing miniatures game than any of the novels, right?

They WERE significant because she made them the third faction between the Jedi and Sith, and butchered characters enough so that the Jedi thought that the bloodrage (you know, all that anger the Jedi aren't supposed to feel and use) of the Mandalorians was super-important and the right way. Or like how the Sword of the Jedi thought that the Mandalorians would be better for teaching her how to fight her brother than actual Force users.

Not always. It goes back and forth between stats and lore-talk, some threads have more of one than the other.

Y'all kidding? Short of Zahn, she was the best SW author. The Republic Commando stuff was golden- actually gave you a sense of how the Clone Wars fit into the universe as a whole.

Except it didn't do that at all. Maybe the first book, and part of the second. The rest was filled with completely shoe-horned in Mandalorians and Jedi falling in love with Mandalorians and betraying the Jedi Order for Mandalorians and the Mandalorians being the bestest people ever.

still literally better than the rest of the stupid SW books. Karen traviss >>>

jedi fanboys BTFO, she brought some grit and reality to the universe in her own way.

FI IS BEST CLONE

There's a difference between making Mandalorians cool, and doing so while simultaneously making the rest of the universe hero-worship them, even the ones who have zero reason to and multitudes of reasons not to.

Traviss did the latter.

Her writing style isn't even that great, either, she just uses persuasive language to make it seem better.

She's better than the rest of the EU, but still became atrocious as soon as she was given the slightest bit of creative control over the universe. The rest of the EU even worse, though

She's not even close to the top ten EU writers, and her works actively detract and even contradict other writers even in the same series.

whichever asshat who wrote the screenplay for the hobbit?

I once saw one of her Gears of War books on the shelf at my local library and picked it up out of sick fascination.

It was fucking awful, and I remember thinking the whole way through that it read like terrible fanfiction. The only book(s) that has come close to giving me that feeling so strongly were the absolutely godawful Solar Macharius books for 40k.

Disqualified on a technicality - you can't ruin the lore if you never become aware that the lore exists.

Mandalorians were, though. As were Americans. As were Spartans. As were cavemen who were more willing to bash other cavemen in the head with a rock.

The Mandalorians were essentially extinct before she came up, with material at the time being that Boba was the last of them. Then they were suddenly not, now there were millions of them - whoops, did I say millions, I mean billions.

And they really weren't that awesome. They were in the ancient past, but the Republic BTFO the Mandalorians several times over in later conflicts, with them never coming back to what they were.

And again, the Mando-praise wasn't just coming from the Mandalorians, it was even coming from non-Mandalorians who had no reason to praise them.

Like Luke. Like Jaina.

Her RepCom mando wank was acceptable till the last 1.5 books because it was mostly two old men grousing about the "Good Old Days" a pair of naive undertrained Jedi listening to them, and the only Jedi master in the book overworked and forced into the fucking black ops world he just wasn't made for so he didn't have time to waste debating them with evidence.

It only got REALLY bad in late Order 66 and ImpCom, and WORST in everything she wrote for the post-Vong era (Though part of the rest of the trouble was Troy "Bugfucker" Denning.

>Or like how the Sword of the Jedi thought that the Mandalorians would be better for teaching her how to fight her brother than actual Force users.
Oh it's worse than that! All those force users agreed, not just in the "Well, he already knows most of the stuff we taught both of you, so a few dirty tricks from Fett are probably a good idea to mix it up a little." but "We taught him EVERYTHING we know! The mandalorians are your only hope!

>Jedi thought that the bloodrage (you know, all that anger the Jedi aren't supposed to feel and use) of the Mandalorians was super-important and the right way.
In Repcom? I don't remember it being that bad, one of them defected but was far more Bindo than Mando even after he started wearing the armor. But the two main Mandoboo Jedi were at least specifically people who were basically kids adrift in the world thanks to the wars occupying their masters.

Her first I guess 3.5 Repcomm books were okay The first one being actually great.
Legends Novel Author wise she's behind
Zahn, Allston, Stackpole, Daley, Crispin, Tyers, JJM, Luceno, Stover, and probably a few more. (I've never read Golden's legends era stuff because Denning's metaplot for the whole series was shit, so I can't judge her legends stuff.)

>The Mandalorians were essentially extinct before she came up, with material at the time being that Boba was the last of them. Then they were suddenly not, now there were millions of them - whoops, did I say millions, I mean billions.
Ehwot? Marvel comics had plenty of Mandos, a whole planet of them with I believe a mention of a sector under their influence.

A LOT of her early stuff was just combining things from Hard Targets/Bounty Hunter and the Marvel comics. She sure as fuck went to shit though.

The only upside to her killing Pellaeon is that I know she hated having to do it and it was Denning's idea.