/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Real life Phosphex edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Going to do some homebrew for the primarchs we still don't have stats for, should I do some special units also?

What do you think is the best build for a secutarii axiarch (besides 'don't use a secutarii axiarch')? I was thinking between lance/shield (stick him with hoplites when they fix his character status), or photon gauntlet / power sword (attached to peltasts to help them out when they fix his character status). Maybe a power fist can do better?

In terms of converting the guy, I was gonna start with a base secutarii and work from there. Titanplate is supposed to be reforged secutarii warplate, so starting with that would be a given. Anyone got recommendations for stuff that could mix with a secutarii to show high status?

Make his crest fluffy.

Last thread I posted a chunk of a Necromunda interview where the interviewee started talking about their work on Titanicus. He mentioned a Warlord Titan was 8 inches tall in the game. Since we know the height of the full model (about 22 inches), I have the power to find the precise scale they are using. First we convert the FW Warlord Titan to "real" size. As their space marines are 28mm tall (1/58) the titan is actually 102 feet tall irl. We then play with the numbers until we get to about 8 inches tall. The result? Adeptus Titanicus uses 1/150 scale. That means a space marine in this game would be 12-16mm tall depending on whether they go by a normal person height of 6ft, which seems heavily used for SM models, or the lore height around 8 feet. Why did I do all this? Because the last time FW gave a scale for the game they said 8mm, when it's actually 12mm. Put more bluntly any vehicles or infantry you have laying around are half the size they should be should you choose to use AT models in your epic games, and the hinted future expansions would be VERY out of scale with any existing collections. Old titans were pegged near 3mm scale because lolgw meaning they are one quarter of the new hotness.

In brighter news, 1/150 is better known as N gauge and is highly supported by the apex predators of autism, train collectors. Pic related, the typical Titanicus battlefield.

Will Alpharius and Omegon ever get models? I really want them.

They already have models.

Do you guys think that the HH series would be better if they didn't had primarch POVs?
I mean, they're superhumans, but the books depict them as mentally average at best

Yes.

They should have been from the perspective of nobodies serving around the historical figures, giving you an account of events, but also keeping it somewhat vague and distant, differences in conduct and personality chucked up to the subjective views of each protagonist.

A 40k Warlord is 22 Inches tall. How big is that in that scale?

If we needed to know their characters have the adoptive fathers/advisors tell the reader or whatever waifu the book introduces for them
Amon for Magnus
Cyrene? (The blink chick) for Lorgar
Some sentient werewolves for Russ

I'm a railway modeller, and I don't know why you'd claim they're the apex predators of autism. They don't act like antisocial jackholes at the various gatherings I have attended, and are far better than most wargamers.

>Some sentient werewolves for Russ

Björn?

Vomit inducing

Absolutely. BL just doesn't have writers capable of handling a primarch's POV.

They look like fish princesses.

I'm gonna take a guess at the fact that, as model hobbies go, train modellers tend to be incredibly detail oriented, which on the internet translates to autism. Couple that with the fact that train modelling has been around for easily twice as long as GW and modern skirmish wargames, you can consider train models to be at the top of the pile of miniature hobbies.

I could be wrong though, he might just be insulting train modelers due to a feud he has held since he was a small child.

My father and I built a huge model railway when I was 6. I credit that for the long road to 30k and wargaming.

There's always something that prompts the descent into madness. I caught the bug from my father (once an Ultrasmurf), and I've never been able to shake it off, though it comes and goes.

it is pain to be the only legion present at the onset of the Heresy and still have no official Primarch model.

>caring about your Primarch being around
You're a failure of the XXth.

Its like you're not even Alpharius.

Alpha Legion got it's primarch first you cheeky fuck. And yours looks a lot better than Fulgrim too

everybody looks better than Fulgrim tho

whats the dwarfiest legion who ever dwarfed

Imperial Fists got that dwarfy sassiness down pat.

Is it safe to put assault cannons on my vehicles or will they change that in Angelus?

I'd say so, given that it's the BAngles gimmick, but we know nothing about it so far so its your call.

I just wish they would tell us a few things so I don't have to worry if my army is illegal next year.

> to

That better be fucking on purpose.

Yep. It's why making Loken, not Horus, the focus of the first three books was such a smart move. It's also part of why Scars worked, we get some stuff just with the Khan, but mostly the story is told through Shiban & Torgun's eyes. But sadly BL forget this all too often.

It's also why the Sanguinius books are so wank, because they're only about Sanguinius. It's annoying, I like the blood angels, I want to read more about how the footsoldiers of the legion thought & operated, but we barely see actual blood angels (i.e. not just the sanguinary guard) in the blood angels books.

Yea, BA books are all about Sanguinius, then maybe Azkaellon and Amit, we have nothing about Raldoron who was a First Captain of IX legion.

Raldoron was in it, but vanilla as fuck.

He just was in it and nothing more, that's preety small amount of info about First Captain of Legion(like Abaddon or Sigismund).

Any good book about Imperial Fists?

Since I don't think FW has ever nerfed an army or unit, probably, but it is bullshit just like putting them on dreadnought power fists.

Who buys this garbage?

HH3 extermination

The short story The Crimson Fist (in the Shadows Of Treachery omnibus) is great. I also enjoyed Paretorian Of Dorn a lot, though I realise some didn't like it - for me it was a good illustration of how Dorn is actually very pragmatic, and not above sacrificing his sons when it'll mean a greater objective is achieved.

Also this.

First test model for a HH boy, how's he looking lads?

Better than most of the shit piles you usually see on here. Looks good, what made you choose Emperor's Children?

please, show us your models, I wanna see your masterpieces.

Thanks, I wasn't really happy with it, it looks too clean to be 30k for me but I'm not sure what else I can do to make it look more grimy, maybe the colours I chose were too bright.
I just finished reading Galaxy in Flames and really liked Tarvitz so I wanted to do some EC, I was going to paint a few different legions and see which ones I enjoy painting most, I didn't really like painting the EC colour scheme.

No worries, things in 30k don't have to be dirty though, plus I think ECs look better not covered in grim and weathering yours is nicely done without being over the top.

What other legions are you considering?

go full Titanicus and make him look crazy, use one of the new Necromunda models.

I was thinking of WE and DG but I've also been looking into SoH, IH, IW, RG and UM but I haven't read anything about those except WE DG and SoH in the heresy yet so I'm not sure, I just really like each of their models and colour schemes, I was going to do test models for each of those chapters.

I'd avoid permanently modelling the obviously stupid stuff like AC fists and pintle ACs. I doubt there'll be any changes to turrets and sponsons, though.

Is there any legion that can make more shots or attacks for the same points cost than the others?
Ie. the most dakka or choppa package overall. I don't really care about the legion choice other than I want to roll lots of dice.

>and not above sacrificing his sons when it'll mean a greater objective is achieved.
>Dorn
>Ever above sacrificing his own sons
"You see, Perturabo's minefields had a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down. Sigismund, show them the medal I won."

It's impossible to beat Perturabo's intelligence. The only to win is through raw numbers

EC player here, that's pretty good for a quick n' dirty. Like the other user, I think the EC are one of the Legions that looks best without a ton of weathering, but that's just my opinion. As for trying out others, as long as you have the spare bodies I'd say test it out and see what you enjoy the most.

Not mine, but here are a few tests another user here did for each of the 18 legions.

And here are his loyalists. Apparently I never saved the non-meme copy.

they look pretty good, I think his EC guy looks a lot better than mine, maybe I should have had more white and a different shade of purple because that lighter shade looks a lot better to me.
>DA in both pics
lmao

I've seen a lot of different ways to handle EC colorations, and everyone has their own version of it. Getting a shade of purple you like is important, though it's easier said than done. From there, then you decide how to trim and ornament them, and what colors to use. Whites, golds, yellows, silvers, and black all go well with EC, though I have seen people use reds and even blue with it.

For example, here is one of mine I'm working on right now. I cannibalised some bits to give him a phoenix spear last night.

What are you using for that purple?

To be completely honest, I wish I could tell ya. It's a mixed pot, made with blue, red, white, and the only shitty purple paint I had in an attempt to get an actually good purple. It has served me quite nicely, but I'm hitting the bottom of the pot and I'll be forced to test other mixes soon.

Eyeballing it, a mix of GW Xereus and Genestealer purple might do the trick, but I won't know for sure til I can try it out.

It'd help if I link the right person instead of myself. One tip that might help. My purple itself comes out kinda bright, like in . What gets to that particular shade is a wash of Druchii Violet afterwards (possibly two if it was applied too thin). Perhaps a wash might help you out too?

Thanks for the help, for mine it was just straight xerxus with a wash of druchi then i highlighted with genestealer and then mixed some white into that. I'll try genestealer and xerxus mixed if I get around to another EC boy.
One of the things that drew me into to III legion was the palatine blades and the kakophoni models because they're amazing.
Eidolon's model is fantastic too.

If you're up for testing, try Genestealer with Druchii too to see how it looks

I think World eaters can get RAGE, which gives them more attacks on the charge.

what is this image supposed to be

A map of faggotry.

That fucking imperial fist's yellow gets me so hard
What holy paint concoction is that? Surely it's not just averland.
Makes sense

Should i go with a support squad with rotor-cannons or autocannons?

Can confirm.

Old image of notable /hhg/ anons.

ITT: Primarchs nobody hates

Does it count if everyone just kind of pities them instead?

Figures. I suppose Shas would frequent here because of GBAL

Is there an epub or mobi for Fulgrim: The Palatine Phoenix yet? Some people apparently already have it, even though it's not officially released until January, but that might just be the hardcopy version.

>Alex I'll take obvious furry bait for 600.

I believe they have limited edition(paper only) you need to wait for digital release.

Ah, I forgot they did the limited editions first. Was worth a shot though.

I feel sorry that TSons and Swolves players will never know the friendly bants that IWs and IFs do.

more like
>primarhcs that are irrelevant

>friendly
>remember-that-time-perterabo-told-dorn.png

Literally everyone except Guilliman within 3 seconds of Horus dying.

If anyone gets the pity card, it's Angron. Curze is just a wilful retard.

Curze is a hypocrite and the worst part of his legion

>recruits solely from a criminal shithole
>why is my legion full of psycho degenerates?! wtf xDDD
>blows up nostradamo

The Emperor should have put a bullet in his head as a mercy.

You do the Third proud, user

I tried.

Nobody pity him because he's the best primarch around.

Those are reserved for DA and SW players.

He was recruiting from a reformed criminal shithole. He didn't know that it had regressed in his absence.

Would be nice to know more about the original Nostraman marines. Those children of such robust character that Curze would see fit to take them along for the Great Crusade.

As written he Meteoric Descents himself.

Yeah, I already found that one. Thanks for pointing it out. If you find any other errors feel free to call me a faggot.

>Armor Sanctus
In addition

RIP, somehow lost that change.

am I dick for playing Custodes as long as I don't use a Tribune?

How many Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnoughts do you run?