/swg/ - Terrible Ship Designs Edition

Last thread: →

Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

This ship could be worse.

What's the best cargo ship and why is it the GR-75?

>Terrible Ship Designs Edition

>sub-weapon hating Imperial detected

I used to really passionately hate this design, but I've come to just grudgingly accept it. I still think it looks more fitting for like GI Joe or some other more toy-oriented children's thing than Star Wars.

>toy-oriented children's thing than Star Wars
>than Star Wars
>Star Wars

George knew what he was doing with the merch rights.

My only complaint with this thing was that it was supposed to lack shields for some reason?
Despite nearly every other Alliance/New Republic ship design before it having shields.

What a clusterfuck of engines

it has shields, but no hyperdrive. which is ridiculous for a heavy bomber in star wars.

also the hardpoint system is very... off-theme. on top of that, it's yet another example of the canon illustration being completely different from the canon description

It can probably be redeemed if the hardpoints mounted the multi-warhead launchers that you'd find in other starfighters and/or if those hardpoints were meant for carrying truly fuckhuge payloads meant for speedrunning SSDs and entire cities.

I mean, relative scale wise it sure looks like a single hardpoint could say, mount the same type of external warhead launchers as TIEs. Or it's using some serious business bombs. But "scale of munitions" is weird in SW.

I've been trying to figure out the deckplans for the CR-90, but nothing makes sense from the official sources. The longer you stare at the cutaway the less sense it makes

Who's Commander Praji?

The man who got away with telling Vader he was making a mistake attacking Leia.

He must have been a real baddass (And Vader knew that he was unaware of Palpatine's timeline for dissolving the Senate.)

Vader didn't become a true asshole until that episode of Family Matters in ESB.

Before that he was still a dick but he didn't go around murdering his own men.

Next Rebel ship problem:

How big is this?
Media ranges from "like 3 or 4 times the size of the tantive iv" to gigantic-gigantic. The Wook says 300 meters, which is still pretty big, but I've always been a fan of the scaled up versions

I'm a sucker for interior cutaways. Pic related is probably like 500 meters from end to end I want to say

>Ozzel
>Needa

So this very special episode happened when exactly?

>mfw I always thought Needa just got choked into unconsciousness and not to death because he had the balls and forethought to apologize to Vader in person so he didn't take it out on his crew

And they say nu-trilogy designs were bad.

>No shields, hyperdrive, or life support
>Solar panel(???) wings block peripheral vision
>Requires specialized equipment to dock, can't land on its own

Worst ship ever?

That was Daine Jir, as comparison Praji is IT support.

>cough

>Worst ship ever?
Don't be ridiculous. It at least has speed, which kind of helps it survive combat. Pic related, however...

Wait, we can make this dumber still

One of them lets you level mountains though.

And vaguely southern TIE Bomber commander didn't die immediately! Unlike lady deathtrooper femshep, who was immediately jobbed and exploded.

Like I mean
If you have air superiority I guess it's alright.

To be absolutley fair, the hyperdrive wasn't standard when the TIE fighter was produced.

The TIE fighter is also basically designed to be as efficient as possible. It has probably like a quarter the moving parts of a jedi interceptor between the S-Foils and singular exhaust, more rugged due to being a bit larger and thicker, and way cheaper to produce due to it's simpler armament and defenses.

It's the fighter of an accountant, not an ace. The empire figured they could get away with it since outside slow and aging sepratist drone holdovers they only ever expected to fight the occasional pirate or smuggler.

>low maintenance, no moving parts in engines, not much to break
>its cheap
>really cheap!
>decent weapons, will put holes in your spess truck
>good handling
>very quick
>compact form

Yeah, its kind of like riding a motorbike, you fuck up and you're going to wear it on your arse. But as an actual military doctrine, its got some shiny points of which involve availability, numbers, logistics and while fly boy will feel like they're a meat sack in the machine, they truth is that they are just the meat in the machine.

A good argument, now a counterpoint: STAR GALLEON!

They were. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. If anything it proves we know what were talking about.

In fairness the actor's legs are moving when the two guards pick him up, that was the actor fucking up, he was supposed to be dead.
It get's mentioned in Youtube SW: Gaffes videos from time to time.