/swg/ - Support Your Veterans Edition

Last Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Have retired Clones, re-purposed Battle Droids, or other Clone Wars veterans shown up in your post-Clone Wars games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QY2mKHRAoBU
youtube.com/watch?v=YEMh8ZZbZQM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSyjZ4gM4uw
youtube.com/watch?v=TG-kpSSoDIw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xgnggp7JY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I forgot about Rebels its airing tonight right?

For anyone that wants a Trioculus X-wing card, send an email to [email protected] with
- City that you play in
- Events that you plan on going to

I'm trying to figure out how to send as few letters as possible.

Third for if you genuinely think that the Empire did nothing wrong, you need a reality check.

We actually are in agreement here, the Empire did some things wrong.

But, now, if you're implying the Rebellion was right...

Give me your dumbest , shittiest homebrewed Galactic Civil War R&D projects, /swg/. Not just TIEs, either. Retarded Rebel fighter prototypes, shitty blasters, awful MREs--anything goes.

Of course it was right. With the Rebellion, we have clear cut good guys like Luke Skywalker or Leia, and with the Empire we have a bunch of brits in the nazis uniform, who command folks called Stormtroopers from the Death Star.
I think author's intention is pretty clear here.

>traitors to the legitimate galactic government
>good guys

I think neither the Empire nor Rebellion are "good." They've got good, and bad, qualities.

>RZ-1“Phoenix”-type A-Wing
An A-Wing stripped of its weapons systems and given reinforced armor. It has numerous plasma emitters across its hull that, when activated, turn it into a super-fast fireball capable of melting through the hulls of Imperial capital ships.

>Legitimate galactic government.

That's...mighty questionable. Considering Palpatine went and founded the separatists in order to start a war and thus put himself in charge. I'm pretty sure quite a few somethings there make you ineligible to be in charge of the Republic (Like say, the treason), which he then used to create the Empire.

Bah, what's a little light treason in the course of politics, everyone does it! It's not like it worked out anyway, the republic still won the war.

For those of you that don't know already, EA has busted the global negative karma record on Plebbit at lightspeed and is still heading downwards at terminal velocity with their cop-out answer to why Luke & Vader takes either 40 hours of grinding or one swipe of your credit card to unlock in BFII

The answer in full:
"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.>As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.
We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.
Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can."

Disregard that > in there. That's a formatting error on my side.

However trite and wishful this sounds, spread the word about this. Since mainstream media actually cares about what goes on over on plebbit this might generate at least a bit of backlash.
Anything that can nibble away at EAs toxic business practices is a good thing if you ask me

www . reddit . com/r/starwarsbattlefront/comments/7cff0b/_/dppum98

youtu.be/QY2mKHRAoBU

Acquisition Inc in Spess

>Rex_Gregor_Wolffe.jpg
What a gene-thrash

>snoke is 7ft tall
Wow, even the big bad has to be bigger
Good job Disney

That fat guy is really annoying

HA HA ILL BE EXASPERATED ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT'LL BE FUNNY

everytime he opens his mouth i cringe

I've just found out about Legion for the first time. When it was announced? Is there any info on the sprues?

I've read that it will have "easy to assemble models". Does that mean that they will be monopose or pretty limited with the poses? If I can't create my own dudes out of multicomponent sprues there's no point of using a 28mm -ish scale.

>all that dakka
You won't be seeing anything out your cockpit when you fire on quint-link, but you'll be having a hell of a lot of fun with it regardless.

How much cash is it to buy one?

Any news about the defection (or not) to the rebel's side in BF2?
Not that I care about the game in any way, but I'm afraid it'll be used as a new standard for the fall of the Empire and the rise of the FO in a ridiculously small amount of time.

>I've just found out about Legion for the first time. When it was announced? Is there any info on the sprues?

Announced at Gencon. Release next year, no visuals of the raw plastic yet.

>I've read that it will have "easy to assemble models". Does that mean that they will be monopose or pretty limited with the poses? If I can't create my own dudes out of multicomponent sprues there's no point of using a 28mm -ish scale.

I believe they come already off the sprue and monopose, like Runewars; although I'll emphasize again that we don't actually know yet. The final models are still at the printer.

monopose.
and not interchangeable with imperial assault, because FFG business practices.
Honestly, if you want to play some Star Wars minis, you would be better off buying some 6mm stormies/rebs on shapeways and proxy them for Epic or another system.
And you would be able to remake Hoth without selling your car.

From what I've heard, the protagonist / her squad were from a particular loyalist planet, which got targeted by the Emperor's revenge orders. This promptsthe switch.

So it's another "Alderanian Imperial Loyalist" deal?

Yep

>operation cinder
pffffff
I'll be back looking at my DarkStryder books. At least it was the entertaining kind of retarded, full of mulets and aerobics socks.
See you next retcon.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can see that. I don't like it after the game was sold on it being an "Imperial Campaign", but I can see it. It's not the "hurp a durp teh Empire is EVULS i rebel now" that everyone thought.

The Empire did this in Legends, too. Like 80 or 90% of the Alderanian officers in the Empire defected after they blew the planet up.

How would one ser up a imperial checkpoint alone the hyperlanes

Interdictor at a turning point in the lane.

bought 2 x-wing core sets for 40 usd and gonna share it with a friend so 20 usd for 4 tie fighters and the trays and dice and shit.

I think it's a good deal.

Pick a spot where freighters have to drop out and recalculate heading. Then park a Interdictor and either a ImpStar or similar weight in support ships there to run scanning and traffic interdiction operations

Slow thread today.
Best freighter that isn't a YT-pattern go go go

GR-75, obviously. Container ship...IN SPACE.

a very good deal, were they the original core or the TFA one?

I unironically adore GR-75s. They feel like exactly the ship I'd invest in. I love their simple design, the ability to change what you want on it. You could make them economy class transports just by slapping one big passenger container instead of cargo. I love the simple thought process of 'whats gonna hurt the cargo if its just kept magnetically locked in but exposed to space?'

plus they're amazing in armada, which is just a great thing.

>plus they're amazing in armada, which is just a great thing.
Wut? I thought they were unarmed.

>You need guns to be useful in a battle

AWACS says hi.

Let me rephrase. I thought they were an unarmed transport. How are they useful in a fleet wargame?

They are. they're also 18 points, meaning you can have 6 ships + and a good squadron presence. because of armada's activation system being able to wait until your opponent has to activate a valuable ship and move it into firing range of one of your ships is great, and the only way to really delay until you can set up that shot is if you have a lot of chaff activations to make your opponent activate their important ship.

Just to give an example, if I have 3 GR-75s and an MC80, and my opponent has 2 or 3 star destroyers, I can activate and move all my transports before my opponent has to activate all his ships. If my MC80 was just out of firing range they can't shoot it, and when they activate they have to move in and could enter my MC80's firing arc. Then if I managed to secure first player I can fire the MC80's guns, and end the turn with my last activation, and then at the next turn I can activate the MC80 again and fire again before he can move and fire back, and even potentially get out of range.

Its a pretty simple effect but it can win games. There was a time people were trying to fit 6+ ships to try and chaff through an opponent's chaff to get shots on important targets.

In Armada you first shoot, then move. Imagine two big ships with big guns, pointing at each other just outside weapons range. The first one to move will check range, can't shoot, out of range. Moves forward. Second one blasts the first one, then moves into a position where it will have an advantage next turn (because it has seen where the first ship was placed). If you have cheap ships (more ships) you can stall and force the enemy to go first.

Oh and the flotillas also do something by themselves.

I'll liven this thread up by talking about Rebels

>Star destroyers launch more than two TIEs at a time
>FUCKING X-WINGS BITCHES, WEDGE IS HERA'S WINGMAN
>TIE Defender Prototype still eats X-Wings for breakfast
>The Chimera hits [two] snubfighters
>Hera does a fucking kulbit to dunk on the Defender
>But of course Thrawn has another entire fighter group waiting in atmo and wipes them out

Rebels has Thrawn actually doing shit as Thrawn and not jobbing. I don't know why people don't like that.

Because it's nucanon and so a good portion of /swg/ automatically hates it without even looking at it

KULBIT

youtube.com/watch?v=YEMh8ZZbZQM

>even almost throttles the guy for saying they should just destroy the piece of art

I don't even care if it's a kids show, it's great to see Thrawn finally on the screen.

Should I buy 1 or 2 sets of Guns for Hire?
I already own 2 Star Vipers and 1 Khiraxz expacs.

Depends on if you want to run 3-4 SVs or not.

original

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSyjZ4gM4uw

Ice fucking cold.

Also, Hera remembers the basics of CQC.

Ok 4 star vipers sounds hella fun....

>Still no Blue Squadron X-Wings
>Probably no Hera X-Wing ever

FFG lettin' me down

youtube.com/watch?v=TG-kpSSoDIw
Is that the fucking Flurry

Did they really make something from Truce at Bakura canon?

We need a most wanted tier triple X-Wing box, with Partisan, Blue and Phoenix Squadron paints, and new pilot cards for all the classic letter wings.

I think that Quasar Fires appeared in WEG first, but yes.

A Partisan U-Wing would be cool as well

Bacta War Rogues and Wraith Squadron, too.

Quasar Fire's have been canon for a while. Like all good rebel ships, there was a whole episode dedicated to them stealing it from the Empire

U-Wing ace pack needs:
>Hera and K2-SO as pilots
>Chirrut and K2 crew cards
>Possibly Saw and Ryder crew cards
>x2 U-Wing only "Doorgunner" crew card to make weak attacks only on targets outside of arc
>Sweet Partisan camo paint job

Anything else?

I don't really come to Veeky Forums that often anymore due to time reasons, but is it just my shit timing or does nobody really discuss Destiny in this thread?

A card that adds buffs to door gunners, titled "Get Some."

Neat. Well, at least it went out heroically.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xgnggp7JY8

>Japanese guy commits kamikaze

/co/ must have had a field day with that.

>All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

What
The
FUCK

Dunno about /co/, but a very vocal segment of /swg/ breaks out the salt n vinegar whenever an Imperial navy ship is destroyed for any reason.

So how broken would it be if ships in XWM could basically reverse boost/BR backwards as an Action?

No, user. You're missing the forest for the trees.

>Japanese guy
>crashes his ship into something to kill it

I don't see space race.

It's such a common SW trope that I don't think that registers with anyone but you.
Also isn't that a really old season? Why are you bringing it up now?

It would depend on the PS of the pilots and other criteria. The Quadjumper can reverse move, but it's hardly set the meta alight.
Then again, with the last FAQ basically blowing all of the current top-tier meta out of the water, who can say what is going to fill that vacuum.

What kind of situation would force the rebels to start using suicide bombing as a valid tactic against the Imperials?

as they are used now, probably absolutely nothing
Kamikaze attacks on imperial strongpoints with aircraft and VBIEDs, though, seem like something they'd be fine doing

Because I thought we were talking about how good Thrawn is in Rebels.

Looks like you just started posting rebels videos from youtube.

You're right. I'll show myself out.

I actually want only kihraxz halves of Guns for Hire- email me at [email protected]. we can probably work out some way to split a pack.

Probably not very, considering no one really ever uses things like inertial dampeners and the quadjumper's backwards moves haven't really accomplished much for it. I have often really wished that tractor beams could pull someone backwards though.

How does /swg/ feel about this
>Player Character is the apprentice of a Dark Force Master
>Has learned how to use the Dark Side of the Force, but is not an evil person
>Wants to learn to help people and use the negative powers constructively
Would you let a "Good guy" use the "Bad guy" powers to try and do good, or would trying to help people automatically gimp his Dark Side powers and switch him to the Light Side of the Force?

let's ask Anakin how tapping into the dark side to save his waifu worked out.

Just use the pseudo-bullshit "The Dark Side is about giving into emotion" explanation, and say that empathy and compassion are emotions.

>or would trying to help people automatically gimp his Dark Side powers and switch him to the Light Side of the Force?
pretty much
you have to actively be working hard at being a cock to successfully use the Dark Side

Inertial dampeners are amazing but situational. You need a high PS to leverage them. Quadjumpers are held back by their statline (and none of us want to live in the reality where Quadjumpers are good)

Unless they're trying to catch military ships I don't think an interdictor is necessary in most cases; transports are already going to be dropping out of hyperspace to calculate the next jump, you just broadcast a general "HEY STOP FOR INSPECTION" notice and have fighters/shuttles deployed to intercept anyone who tries to flee. Canonically (legends anyway) we know that most customs ships operate alone or in small groups, without interdictor backup.

For a real-world analog, cops just use their lights and sirens most of the time because that's usually all it's going to take. You don't deploy the spike strips until you're already chasing someone.

I want to live in a reality where quadjumpers are good. I fucking love that kind of wacky design.

Whelp, this is gonna throw the thread to shit (again) but I'm a sucker for the "Dark side is corruption of the natural order" where "the light side" simply refers to the force being in balance. That being the case my take on it would be no, as long as he's using dark side techniques that depend on him tapping into his passions he's not in the right state of mind to be messing with the life force of the universe. He'd need to learn to clear his mind and yada yada jedi bullshit. Doing things for the right reason is all well and good but as long as he's using his emotions to fuel his powers and guide the force he's disrupting a very delicate energy field and leaving himself an others open to more trouble.

To be fair Cade from Legacy was only trying to be a dick some of the time he gave into the dark side. The rest of the time he was just being a sissy little bitch who couldn't let go.

The public never had any knowledge of palpatine’s involvement with the separatists. To most, the Empire was a democratically chosen government. Sure they’re cunts, but they’re still the “rightful” legal authority

I'm fairly certain that if we go down that path of hair splitting legalism, a lawyer could easily argue that Palpatine's coup was illegal.

In which case the empire is STILL actively shit enough for a rebellion to not only start, but gain steam to the point of being an actual threat.

That's not how the Force works. If you use the Dark Side, you are going to be prone to sociopathic tendencies. Trying to help others while you thrive off the Dark Side would be like trying to abstain from meth while still wanting to smoke it. Its just going to make you act mad.

on the one hand, we have mara jade: she used the force to do bad things, but she didn't tap into the dark side to do it (that is, channel "evil"/selfish/aggressive emotions etc).

on the other hand, you have anakin skywalker, who tried to do "good" things (saving lives, fighting bad guys) by directly channeling the dark side and feeding it with the rage and fear you need to use it. the more he did, the more it corrupted him.

so if you're going for a "good guy darth vader" no, I don't think it works that way; you have to willingly let the dark side corrupt you to be empowered by it, and it's GOING to make you some kind of bad. but if you were trained to be bad and you want to be good instead, there's potential for an interesting story there, sure.

and if that's not a satisfying answer... shit, do what you want. it's your story, right?

So, I don't want to say EA is blameless (they set the profitability targets, after all) but given the recent brouhaha about microtransactions/loot boxes, I'm hearing lots of stories from from people in the industry that it's the developers, not the publishers, who figure out how to meet profitability and decide all the actual factors which go into how these elements execute and sometimes are the hardest pushers of microtransaction elements.

So EA and just says "make us a shitload of money" and DICE jumps up and says "Got it, we'll give them some loot boxes and shitty in-game currency rates, the money will be rolling in".

Sure, but just because it was a secret doesn't mean it wasn't treasonous. Palpatine's rise to power was done through false pretenses. The public never caught on to the ruse, but it was still a ruse. That doesn't make his reign any more legitimate.