I miss 4e Gnomes so much

I miss 4e Gnomes so much.

No one's stopping you from playing 4e, you know. Instead of complaining about how no one plays it, all you 4rries could just do that.

That's not fair, user.
None of us actually play rpgs, regardless of our preferred game.

I do, I'm a that guy and I can always find games.

How are 4e gnomes different?

Is that chick a gnome too?

Why do you miss 4e gnomes?

Rather than the dwarf+elf practical jokers of original D&D, 4e's gnomes are diminutive fey from the Feywild (land of faeries), who were slaves to the mad, magical giants known as Fomorians. They escaped them and now they live in illusion-shrouded survivalist enclaves scattered throughout both worlds, constantly plotting to evade their old masters.

Yes, that's a male and a female gnome. She's not actually taller than him, she's just further in the background and standing on a step.

>Rather than the dwarf+elf practical jokers of original D&D, 4e's gnomes are diminutive fey from the Feywild (land of faeries), who were slaves to the mad, magical giants known as Fomorians. They escaped them and now they live in illusion-shrouded survivalist enclaves scattered throughout both worlds, constantly plotting to evade their old masters.

Sounds a bit WoD changeling with the shoe on the other foot.

Lack of willing players does kinda hinder one from doing that

I miss the comics.

It was Very good

clearly dwarven work

Walked into that one

I knew you'd make the save

>tfw no qt3.14 4e gnome rogue gf

Sometimes I have nightmares where gnomes are in my setting

Thing is, gnomes were one of the few things 4e did well. I usually hate ‘em, but I really liked the little buggers in 4e.

Carved a spot for them in the world with interesting lore (and better appearances than usual, too), so they stood out as their own thing without an attachment to Halflings or Dwarves.

That gnome's arms are fucking cut

To be fair 4e did have them in a pretty pleasant form, I'll give you that

they do look better than their modern depiction

Shot themselves in the foot with those stupid 'raaar I'm a monster' commercials, but that's not really the fault of the game itself.

For discussion about 4e, try the general!

I tried that with my resident pathfinder squad.
>Isn't 4e the terrible one?
>Yeah I've heard its not great
>Is that the one that's like an MMO?
Life is suffering

A concerted push of lies and misinformation seems to have permanently tarred the legacy of 4e. It's kinda sad.

I keep reminding people to blame the Fate crew.
When the game first came out, there was a vocal minority - people coming over from storygames, spearheaded by Evil Hat - who looked at the mechanics and screamed 'OMG! It's just like an MMO!!'
Except when *they* said it, they acted like it was a positive thing.
They were the first people to do a lot of theorycrafting, but they were coming at it from a fairly retarded angle. (They even released a few small 3rd party supplements under a separate imprint they made - One Bad Egg.)
Which, later on, allowed people to say boneheaded stuff like 'it's designed to be an mmo' and 'it's the edition of dnd made by the forge' and so forth.
Like, 4th isn't my favorite edition by any stretch, but I'd be down for a game if that's what my group wanted to do.
Not that I have a group.

Honestly, I wouldn't even disagree with the MMO point. I do find it quite videogamey. The problem is that its always been said in a negative light, so people don't even try it out.

I got a couple of friends from home to try it out, and to their surprise they loved it. One of them literally said:
>I love that I can play a martial and not just roll to hit every round.

Fuck, I just want people to TRY stuff before they dismiss it.

Rant over.

that is the complaint of everyone who likes 4e

Eh, I always find 'videogamey' kind of an inaccurate descriptor, since most of the ideas present in 4e you could attribute to videogames came from board games and tabletop games first. That a lot of vidya aim for clear, open and informative design, rather than obfuscated design, is more about innovations in how to clearly present information to players than any real interaction between different media.

A lot of 4e at was really off putting to me in a way that's hard to describe. I think I somehow prefer the mutant halflings of 5e to those gnomes.

Yeah, it pretty much had the best gnomes. And the best dwarves. And elves, of all kinds. Actually it pretty much did all its races better than any other edition.

Personally, I liked 4e's gnomes so much more than the previous editions because it finally gave them a clear, coherent reacial identity.

I mean, what was the traditional gnomish lore? Small demihumans who looked like dwarves and had a dwarf-like obsession with craft, but who had an elf-like mischievousness and reverence for magic?

4e gnomes, in comparison, were badass survivalists who escaped bondage to faerie tyrants in the form of mad giants with oracular vision and who are determined to do whatever it takes to never have to go back