Interesting things to happen on a train?

Playing 5e and my PC's just got a hold of some first class train tickets.

I plan on ending the next session with the train derailed after a skeleman attack but what happens in between?

Anyone got any good ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2gOI3nHsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ever read Murder on the Orient Express?

Someone gets a train run on them.

Shoot wild fauna from a train

A kindly old lady asks you if you want anything from the trolley

bandits and fights on the roof are always fun, murder mystery if you have the skill to pull it off

>criminals take someone on the train hostage
>the Rail Tracer comes

>Playing 5e
Obligatory.
More than half of your issues, including lack of ideas how to run a train campaign, come from this.

zombie outbreak

The train is coming to a switch, but theres a problem! someone has tied 5 people to the tracks going straight, but if the switch is pulled the train will hit one person tied to the other track!

I commissioned that image back in the 3.5 days, and I am now daily irritated by its use.

You're just being a little bitch. You're not answering the question, you're not thinking about it or trying to be creative. Someone comes in here with a genuine on-topic discussion, and you're just being the spergy kid in the back of the class who heard people laugh at a joke once so he says it over and over and over.

It's not "obligatory" to post that whenever someone talks about D&D, especially considering that the new edition is actually good. You're just a shithead.

>Train
>medieval fantasy game

Some roided-out faggot is running at full speed ahead of the train, but it's catching up to him. He's gonna be run over soon if nobody intervenes.

Revolution!

You know nothing about the setting except that there's a train in it. Since there's a train in it, it's obviously not medieval. You idiot.

>medieval fantasy game
>doesn't even have guns in the player's handbook

a training montage

fpbp

alternatively Snowpiercer

You know what, I'd go with the opposite of what is suggested so far. No adventure, do slice of life.

Put some interesting characters on the train. Make the staff of the train cool, people the players can talk to. Go in to the dining descriptions. Have a card/game car. Develop some stuff like that.

Make it a cool twenty or so minute portion of the game that makes the characters think that taking a train is a really cool thing to do.

Next time they take the train, then have something happen. Then they will care about the NPC's on the train and perhaps the entire idea of the train itself. But if you pull the big adventure on their first go, they will expect it.

>brave adventurers, I've got a quest of utmost importance!
>the kitchen car is over-run by dire rats!

Trains are a fun vehicle (ha) for unrelated plots (and plot hooks!) since the players are stuck on it. Let them find a group plotting violence or some disruption, a group performing violence or some disruption, or attempt to determine the cause of some violence or some disruption.
Murder mystery, robbery, passengers involved in a heated political or religious debate that threatens the peace, or use it to trap them with a monster (can't run from zombies on a train).
Or

Replace dire rats with since ne'er-do-wells from coach.

Instead of traditional coal-burning, this train is powered by a captured fire elemental. It was safely bound until very recently...

A rival train company's train pulls alongside, intent on boarding and raiding your own train. The conductor enlists your parties help

Train Pirates
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2gOI3nHsw

A fire starts in the train somewhere.
A dead body has been found.
A little girl is missing.
A little boy has stowed away on board.
An important member of the royal family is on board.
A bounty hunter tells the party there is a fugitive wizard on board.
A wizard tells the party that there is an assassin after the royal family member on board.
A robbery is about to commence.

Now mix and match or combine it all and add some of your own!

Mystery!