Warmahordes Thread?

Is Warmahordes dead here? Any discussion of new stuff? I'm kind of getting caught up on Grymkin fluff and am I right that Baba Yaga hired Mr. Freeze to find a way to break into the afterlife, so he founded the Ghostbusters? WTF?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pj9AJmn5kyE
conflictchamber.com/#c3201b7a7p7q7s7t8h8t877G8e7Z7S7T7W
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its far from dead but new threafs vet often shotlosted by the average Guildball poster/ aka Troll.
By now these dudes have become the Winy fanboys of /tg. My meta is fine and well and the new releases are good.
Also story time is best time.

Are possibly having a stroke?

Na shit phone sry.
Here have some Elias Gade for compensation.

How's he reload? The rule of cool I suppose lol

I guess he puts them down and reloads the individually, or they have so much ammo he doesn't need to reload...or he's so devoted that Menoth himself reloads these crossbows

Errants have repeating cross bows with a drum of bolts

Now now. Let's not blame the Guildball guys. Most of them are nice people and you can't be certain our resident shitposter is one of them. It's more likely he isn't playing anything at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=pj9AJmn5kyE
Video very much related.

Warmachine is alive and well in my meta, which is fairly prominent. The threads here are absolute cancer though. Veeky Forums used to actually be a really great place to discuss lists, recent tournaments, and we were usually the first place that got the newest spoilers.

Now it's just the same 3 or 4 guys shit posting and the same 3 or 4 guys replying to the bait. I miss the days when the biggest "drama" the threads had was some guy trying to force a meme or some butthurt AoS fan attempting to derail the thread.

Maybe its already so crashed that we can start anew?
>There is nothing that canĀ“t be given up for Menoth, even shitposting.

Played my 3rd game with Jalaam today, god DAMN he's good. Putting Prey on a heavy has paid dividends so far, though this is probably helped by how 2 of those games were against Circle using Wolves, so POW14 v ARM17. Here's my list.

(Jalaam 1) Primus Jalaam [+28]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Molik Karn [19]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Aptimus Marketh [5]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Wrong Eye [17]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [4]
Venator Slingers (min) [8]

how viable are small-based infantry with Lucant? I'm enjoying running Reductors behind Obstructors and marching them up into zones, but I'm not sure how viable that'll be in tournament settings.

>some guy trying to force a meme
I remember starting up 'Trolls are a light warbeast and ranged faction' way back in Mk2 before EE happened. Those were the days...

>Most of them are nice people and you can't be certain our resident shitposter is one of them. It's more likely he isn't playing anything at all.

Guildball players are chill as fuck.

Really, for all the bitching about shit posters I see in the thread, I usually just see people complaining about what PP is currently doing and judging by what I saw at WMW, that's not the minority opinion right now.

Fact 1: a number of mk2 players were unhappy with mk3
Fact 2: people complained long and loud about mk2
Fact 3: the complaint:discussion ratio is far worse now

Smart people can draw their own conclusions. Did all the thousands of happy players worldwide just give up on Veeky Forums because of too much complaining? Or are there fewer people around wanting to discuss the game, and that makes the signal:noise ratio worse?
Hint: all the complaining (and there was a lot) in mk2 didn't make everyone throw up their hands in disgust and leave.

I can tell you that that a pretty decent chunk of the Veeky Forums WMH community got annoyed with all the trolling and left.

So I love that we're all being civil here, but shitposters rule so much of these threads. Must we soil our time here by discussing them further?

Tell me about your last game. Factions? Who won?

Was playing my second game. Was ret vs skorne. Played 35pts LoD helynna with phoenix/manticore, sentinels, scyir with marshalled griffon. Got fucked up, entire unit of sentinels destroyed by void spirits and my rookie positioning (playing against mordikaar). My heavies did some work but not enough. Almost got an assassination in to swing it using the push on helynna gun to open a line, failed to hit. Got killed next turn cause I had to position awkwardly to try the run. Was pretty fun though. Local group isin't too big but really helpful and fun. Got more games tommorow night. Thinking of using a siren because i played too scrared of incoporeal. Learnt a lot about positioning units from that game, As Well as some rule fuck ups on my part that I won't be repeating. Well that's my contribution

Had a ton of games at ClogCon this weekend. I guess the overall lesson for me is: Don't get Morghoul killed. I often overspend with him and it cost me a few games. In the other hand I think it's a good mistake to make. That way you learn which assassinations you can offer to your opponent and which you can't.

I played a game yesterday with Jalaam against Mohsar. He preyed a Warpwolf Stalker, one flank was Slingers v Brigands, the other was Cannoneer v those bitches who throw spears. Mohsar felt super exposed all game because of my gun ranges, I went for assassination, failed by 1 box, opponent then failed to assassinate on the crackback, but was unable to keep Mohsar safe because Jalaam is stupid.

jalaam is such a boss its just seems list building is his hardest feature lol

The trick is to not use a theme.

It's Mk 3 user, we all use themes now, it's company edict

Fact 1: Many people left Warmachine
Fact 2: PP has scrambled to stop the bleeding, with a even worse idea in CID
Fact 3: There is zero proof that CID is bringing people back to the game

Too bad friend

So, as someone who only played a few games in mk2 and has no idea what changed in mk3, what can I expect of the old metal starter for Everblight that's still on one of my shelves?

Ha! Told some user 3 months ago that PP was pushing too much for TF use and soon enough, we'll be playing them 100%.

Which I got responded: "Na-ha, PP said only 50% of all games will be theme force based."

My ass, ALL local match I've seen and tournament list are theme forces, even mine and I don't like it.

Lylyth1 is still a pretty casual caster and you're never going to use that many Shredders outside of Abby2. Carnivean is still pretty dope though.

It's a good way to get started and learn the game, but of you're wanting to be super serious uber competitive right out the gate it's not the best value for getting started.

My last game was a game of CoI testing out pirates and seeing how the game works. It's hilariously swingy and unbalanced but pretty fun.

Other than that I'm eternally teaching new players the game.

All themes all the time is fine. It's just another layer on top of list building. At this point the only people I see complaining about it are old salts on the internet from mk2. New players are all on board and it gives them a smaller batch of models to learn with.

I'd be concerned of this wasn't the exact same kind of thing that happened when mk2 dropped. The major difference now is there are more people and we're able to voice our opinions easier than 8 years ago.

The best thing to do is to not mention drama in the OP and just use the OP that the generals usually use.

just curious and not trying to prove a point, how many of those players are staying in the game? My meta was growing quite a bit but we plateaud with something like six new members

Yes, Pagani flat out stated it was the way the game was meant to be played.

Which is why you hear top level players like MOM players complaining it's taken list building creativity away, because it has.

I have no earthly idea why PP embraced the cancer of theme lists, when it already caused fucking issues in Mk 2.

>just curious and not trying to prove a point, how many of those players are staying in the game? My meta was growing quite a bit but we plateaud with something like six new members

It's a good question. WM has always been a tough game to stay in for 6+ months due to the learning curve but I think it's grown worse with the number of models and rules in the game. It's a bit bloated now.

see
the theme lists may take a lot of creativity away from janky list options, but it DOES make it a lot easier for new players to get into the game by removing model bloat from their options.

Thing is: themes would also accomplish that if they were optional.

Mandatory themes are in fact bad for new players as they will often buy models based on what they think looks cool. And then they're disappointed to find out that they can't play them in a competitive list even though they're in the same faction.

Besides one random dude that was a bit of a dick I've never had anyone quit the game in mk3. The biggest issue with player retention has always been the competing interests of work, family, and other stuff. The people who start up the game and come and play it have a good time.

The hardest thing has mostly been just finding time to do demos to try and attract more players. Life is busy and I don't have as much time for demos as I used to but I'm figuring it out.

>Yes, Pagani flat out stated it was the way the game was meant to be played.
Not necessarily calling you a liar, but where exactly did he say that?

Wouldn't be surprised if he did in fact say this.

It was somewhere on the CID forums. But really he just openly started what everyone knew at that point.

I think one big reason why people are using theme lists so much is because they aren't playing scenario properly honestly. I've been playing out of theme lately and haven't felt disadvantaged because the synergies I'm getting outweigh the free points. This may be more of a Hordes thing as animi are a factor that Warmachine doesn't have.

It's massively faction dependent. Some factions just have really shitty themes.

People just play the themes that play scenarios well. Which makes even less of the themes viable

>Mandatory themes
Themes aren't mandatory and there is nothing saying you MUST play them. People are deciding to play them because they think it's the only way to be competitive.

I'm going to tell you a secret, what happens at the highest levels of competition is irrelevant. Your local meta is not the WTC so stop acting like it is and relax. You can play the game without themes if you choose. You may find yourself at a disadvantage in some games but if three free solos is breaking the match you for you I think you have other issues to contend with.

It's more like those themes don't have all their releases yet (Ogrun, pirates, etc). People wanted to play all themes all the time though so here we are.

I think initially it wasn't the plan but as the game developed and the wider community got a hold of it they shifted their development strategy.

I think it works but they should have released all the themes up front.

To their credit PP admitted this was a mistake and thus Themepocalypse happened.

>you can play without themes
>it's obviously shit, but it's legal
Fuck off.

Git gud scrub? Play for your local area, not for whatever is happening at WMW. You're not a high class tournament player and neither is anyone in your meta. Relax and pull that stick out of your ass

Or you know, play for fun

That's a lot of assumptions for a clueless shithead on the internet.

I miss the times when the WMH generals were still pretty tight knit and there was lots to talk about during Mk2. Unfortunately I lost a lot of interest in the game once I moved to a new city and found that the meta was full of insufferable autists and neckbeards that drained all the fun out of the game for me. Then Mk3 hit and I had no interest in going back.

At this point, I'm holding onto my models in the hopes that Mk4 becomes a thing in the future. Or perhaps I'll move to a city that has a meta with less horrible people.

Are they wrong?

Am I wrong?

I'd encourage you to try and develop something in your own. There are likely other folks who share the same opinions you do about the locals. The game is fun, it's worth playing and developing a community is hard but incredibly rewarding.

If you're going to just wait for mk4 you might as well find something else to do. A new edition for this game isn't going to happen for 4 to 6 years.

I miss the times when these threads weren't half filled with meta shitposting.

Then create discussion topics worth discussing?

What are people playing in your meta? What are the top players bringing to events and what are you doing to try and beat them?

What are you playing with Company of Iron? Any stupid/silly combinations?

I painted something!

And another thing!

Star crossed is so good lol

>Git gud scrub? Play for your local area, not for whatever is happening at WMW.
Everyone. Plays. Themes.

>Am I wrong?

Yeah you really are. Playing 15 points down among other benefits is not 'fun'

Yeah, he's for use with Jalaam so that under feat my enemies get -1d6 and have to roll Starcrossed. MAT7 against DEF13 goes from like a 60% hit chance to 3%.

Yeah, no. You're definitely a scrub or worse, a try hard.

OK, and? They're good, no one denies that. Maybe try challenging yourself or step away from being as competitive as possible 24/7. You'll have more fun that way

Nice. I painted a pirate

>non-theme lists aren't shit
>they're a challenge
Fuck off.

You're taking a miniature game far too seriously

Well I never used the Purifier but against the upcoming infantery spam it should be fine.

Merc player here. until my broke ass gets money to get some storm lances, ive been using a damiano kingsmaker list. So far ive learned that the sure-footed steelheads with verendrye and calvary with stannis boat is pretty a great boat vs everything but continuous effects and riflemen + ambushing boomhowlers and clouding trenchers can get work done. My question- any other ways to make damiano shine in kingsmaker? Any good tips or tricks with steeheads and don damiano?

But I have fun playing competitively :(

what are the best/favourite conversions you guys have seen?

HARE KRISHNA SEVERIUS HERE TO REMIND EVERYONE TO PLEASE NOT REPLY TO SHITPOSTERS

THIS INCLUDES ARGUING WITH THEM, CALLING THEM OUT, A QUICK "FUCK YOU", ETC

REMEMBER, ANY RESPONSE AT ALL TO A SHITPOST IS STILL A SHITPOST

IF THEY BOTHER YOU SO MUCH, REPORT THEM AND MOVE ALONG

THANK YOU

>Fuck off.

but user, play for fun, themes aren't strong, PP didn't mean for them to ruin the game, etc.

Git gud user!

How effective is this Khador list? Any suggestions for improvement?
conflictchamber.com/#c3201b7a7p7q7s7t8h8t877G8e7Z7S7T7W