Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Don't hide it from me /pfg/.
Tell me about the last impossible gambit you successfully pulled off.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous thread:

I wish you would use a trip so you could be barred from making these threads. Seriously, just let other people do it.

Thanks for not posting another weeb OP image. Shits starting to make pathfinder look bad.

Page 4, motherfucker.

Reposting this question.

I would rule that the Good tag replaces the Evil tag.

Well, I ask if there is some official precedent for such things, because my DM isn't actually sure.
I know he will defer to a statement from the devs, or precedent from 3.5, but my plans will change depending on the answer.

>Starting to
You're about two years too late for that user.

So, out of boredom, what's a good thing to pitch to replace all the summoning stuff from Feral Hunter (and maybe the teamwork feat at 3rd) with if I wanted to play a not-shit shapeshifter? I was figuring it wouldn't be unreasonable to get Aspect of the Beast at 2nd, with the option to get a bite, gore, or slam (similar to the Agathiel) instead of just claws. Maybe automatically get Natural Spell and Wild Speech at certain levels (retraining old feats if you took them normally), and the ability to apply feats to all of your natural weapons?

Just play a druid instead.

What's a good, Flavorful companion for a chosen one paladin who's shtick is tracking down a skinshifter vampire who keeps bodyswapping to stay ahead of her?

How do I into out of combat healing with radiant dawn? A few people have told me that you can just attack random objects with staunching strike but the maneuver does say it targets one creature so I'm not sure if there's a loophole around that other than beating up prisoners and animals.

A dog, to help track the new bodies.

target self or friend with non-lethal damage, healing heals both lethal and non-lethal at the same time as they're separate pools. Bam, now you heal more than you deal.

B-but I attack for 1d8+13

you can choose to do minimum damage, not 2-hand and not use power attack. Alternatively carry a blunted dagger and don't have a shit initiation modifier.

>can choose to do minimum damage
By this you mean choose the lowest possible damage in the damage dice as well as not use my stat mods. Is there a ruling somewhere about this?

I'm not sure about using a lower damage die, but you can deal modifier + 1 damage. If you do this on a weapon like blunted dagger your damage output drops significantly, especially if you combine it with bolster to give DR. you're a smart person, I'm sure you can figure it out from here on.

I don't want to be as big of a fucking faggot as that would require, though

then you're not healing out of combat till you get maneuvers that heal 3* your initiation mod or more. It's like you want do assemble a desk using nothing but punches instead of using the right tool for the job.

wrong post chain my man

damn, I made myself a fool. That's what i get for trying to be helpful in an anonymous message board.
Regardless, out of all 1pp content nothing comes close to the druid's wildshape. It's just what paizuri decided

Alright boys take bets on what gets deleted from the UW page

Who's the best non-healing support class? Is it the classic bard? Or are there some obscure favorites out there?

Cleric that doesn't prepare healing spells. As a bard also can learn healing spells does that disqualify them from the non-healing support class?

Being capable of healing doesn't disqualify you, so long as healing isn't the only purpose of the build

Then yea, cleric. 9th level list with amazing support spells. Another one is a brown fur transmuter.

Planning on doing a campain with an 9 year old nephew. Any tips to keep fights from getting bloody?
Is it even possible to roll a character of that age or would that be unethical?

Looking over the Voyager its pretty great

Huh, I haven't checked it out since it originally was put into playtesting. What altogether has changed since then?

I just find the class pretty interesting, psionics is fun and a time-focused skirmish fighter sounds like a pile of fun

How can you get access to pounce or similar as a swashbuckler?

beg for PoW's martial training. steelforge's boots that give pounce at half movespeed instead of double. 10 levels of barbarian, 12 levels of bloodrager, kill yourself and re-roll as a not shit class. 5 levels of UC monk for flying kick. Levels in druid, beastmorph alch, or feral hunter.

What are the differences between arcane, divine, etc magics?

Arcane is arcane and divine is divine

Other than having to sleep and having to pray.

no thats really basically it. One comes from gods the other is 'natural'

Arcane magic is generally learned on inherited. Divine magic is given or forced.

Can I pay a bunch of monks so they pray all day in my name to save my soul and forgiveness of my sins?

It depends on how religion works in your game.

I don't think Irori is going to be that interested in saving your soul

>alignment chart.jpg

>Arcane
>Manipulating the forces of the universe to do your pidding through a series of mini-rituals
>Divine
>calling on an outside force or deity to do something for you
>Psychic
>Using emotions and relationships between people and things to do stuff
>Psionic
>generating mental force from your own mind to do stuff.

Armor interferes with arcane spells but not divine ones because Gary Gygax wanted clerics to wear armor but not wizards.

Give them all the stuff from Aspect of the Beast (maybe start with claws/whatever you want to make it and something else with the rest coming as they level). It's not fantastic but adds some flavour. I don't see a problem with granting a slam, bite or gore as long as it's similar to the claws. Give them free Natural Spell when they get Wild Shape and give them Wild Speech at like level 5th level (means they get it before a Druid can at least).

I'm even all for letting them keep the summon pack shit and potentially even buffing it slightly. If you're going to make Summon Nature's Ally stick to their Aspect then it should at least have some advantage beyond sharing the team work feats.

I bet this does.

>we got large bears so its ok

As soon as the thread all the paidrones throw up longwinded reviews as they can no longer defend Shifter and also to curry favor with Paizo or to prove they're not in the wrong in that thread. What a bunch of duplicitous two-faced shits.

>Make a class that makes babbies first home brew look like a masterpiece
>"L-large bears though guys! Hella fkin epic!"
>"God you guys being so negative about a poorly designed and implemented piece of shit that Paizuri expects you to pay for!"

Large bears! That's worth spending $45 on!

When my magus infiltrated a magical academy in a fit of grim despair, she tipped over a potion, as to which my GM rolled on a wild magic table, and got a delayed blast fireball.

I wrote that they'd try to use arcane disruption to not make it go off in a room full of students.

I beat the spellcraft DC by 1 and saved all of them. It felt pretty amazing even if it was going to be on her.

>XRation art
She's going to get NTR'd

Your GM was being nice because you can't Arcane Disruption a potion.

That's not her, I chose her to be a kitsune long before I even knew that kitsunes were essentially a plague in pathfinder so I feel bad posting actual pictures of the image I use.

I know this, but the alternative was a lot of death.

Man, what's even point of Wild Magic if you don't let horrific shit happen because of it?

user, Kitsune aren't animu waifus in Pathfinder. They're anthro foxes

I asked if I could play it like an anime girl.

When I told other people about this character's backstory they compared it to a Yoko Taro character. I don't know how to feel about that.

When the result of a shenanigan the GM included to have a little fun is "You and all those around are burned alive", it is understandable that they tried to damage control.

I did call it however.

If this applies to catfolk, it probably does to kitsune as well.

That's racist

Not as written. Kitsune are more fey and catfolk are more abominations.

Would a NotTurkish/Moorish female cleric use perfume?

That's false, in the default Pathfinder setting of Golarian, catfolk are specifically called out as being incredibly varied (anything from "walking cat" to "human with animal ears"), while kitsune are specifically anthropomorphic foxes which shapeshift into humans (and only humans).

Many people take issue with the anthropomorphic part of kitsune due to people like Augunas fucking up the presentation, though, which results in houserules or changes. My favored version of this is making an actual honest to god animal fox be the "true form", which DSP actually has via the"Yokai" ART, and it's pretty cash. The "real" version has grown on me though, but requires actively trying to ignore bad examples.

>they compared it to a Yoko Taro character. I
You fucked up
You fucked up
You fucked up

I showed that Bloodforge Infusions alternative racial trait Yōkai to my GM. They said it was okay. Facilitated the whole anime girl thing.

Have you ever lost one of your characters to a Bag of Devouring?

no, but I used one to clear out a cave. Stone to flesh then through the bag at it.

Hey /pfg/, I was just wonder... Do we still hate Iomedae and Pharasma? Which one is worse? Are either of them worst god out of the core deities?

I've got a question, and any and all input would be appreciated. I've done a bit of DM'ing in the past (for about a year and a half or so), but our group had to stop playing because we were all just a bit too busy with life. Now I'm in a different city with a different group of friends, and I'm thinking of introducing them to pathfinder. But, I don't want to get bogged down in needing infinite time to prepare a custom setting with custom cities and custom NPCs and custom dungeons because work is still a major timesink. If I run the premade adventure paths, Rise of the Runelords for example, how much flexibility is there in the story for custom PCs to have their own stories / sidequests inserted and integrated?

As a follow up to that, is there a general consensus on any adventure paths that are particularly good, or particularly bad?

Yes, since she has to disguise the scent of spell components and adventuring.

You made me go back and check that image.

I don't know about optimization, but as far as both flavor and fun are concerned, the witch has rapidly become my favorite class.

Not sure about Turkish. The only Islamic peoples I know about using perfume are rich Kyrgyz, and those barely count as Muslim

>GM want to run a grim low-magic campaign based on DS and DA:I
>spellcasting is a capital crime
>magic items, including potions, almost impossible to obtain
>doesn't want players to have caster classes
>gets pissed when party decides to spend 3 days hiding in a town after 2 combat encounters so we can heal
For fuck's sake, if you want to run a certain style of campaign, fucking read up on the relevant rules, and stop complaining when your ideas have unforseen consequences.

Fucking DS/DA fanbois, they're a damned cancer.

>me in the top middle left

>the witch has rapidly become my favorite class.

I know the Witch is an insanely powerful class and great support, but part of me wishes that Healing Hex wasn't so shitty. At least it had some use before the Hex Vulnerability errata.

>how to piss off your DM and ensure you only fight undead and vermin
Slumber hex, accursed hex, coup de grace

Since when has Dark Souls/Demon Souls been remotely low magic?

It's not hard to think so when every single person who plays it for the internet scorns magic in every fucking form.

"So uh, we're gonna be going for a strength build this time"

FUCK.

We were sort of approaching that. It didn't piss him off though, since there were only 3 players. With one of them (me) being a witch, that's not a ton of combat capability. Combat basically became series of small skirmishes where we used stealth and positioning to try and slumber as many enemies before being found as possible, then slit their throats.

It's less that the setting are low-magic and more that the GM wants to run a fusion of the two that is also low-magic.

Yeah, I don't know what goes on in his head either, and at this point I don't think I want to know.

>planned to run a DS-inspired game
>didn't give the players easy access to healing

Wasn't the Estus Flask kind of important in those games?

>DS
>Low Magic
user, both you and the GM are equally retarded. Dark Souls and Demon Souls are explicitly high fantasy with a shitton of magic everywhere and magical healing available to anyone

>scorns magic in every fucking form.
That's because caster builds are easy mode in every game except DS3

Probably because in Dark Souls 1 magic was EZ mode, and in Dark Souls 2 magic was basically an "I win" button.
Except in PvP, where painting guardian sword ruled the game

>wants to run a low-magic campaigned based on DS/DA:I
>based on
How fucking retarded are you, user? I never said those games were low-magic, I said the campaign the GM wants to run is low-magic and BASED ON (as ininspired and influenced by) those two games.

What the fuck is it with Veeky Forums these days, did someone release all the autists at the same time?

That plus instantaneous healing by sitting at a bonfire. Plus miracles. Plus dozens of healing items and weapons. Or just dying and coming back.

Seems easy to work around. Give them one Estus to share between them with say, six pulls before it needs a bonfire refresh.

Then give a hard cap on dying because none of them are the "Chosen Undead". The more they die the more they hollow out with random rolled stat debuffs; so, say they die ten times and then that character becomes a hollow NPC.in the game-world.

But if it removes all of the high fantasy elements that makes Dark Souls what it is, then it's not really based on it anymore, it's just some ASoIaF shit

Hollow Corruption, you say?

As I said futher up, I don't know what the GM was thinking, or what goes on in his head. I'm just repeating his sales pitch (which I was dumb enough to fall for).

Yes, the random rolled debuff per death would be there to represent it, and since it's a random roll, that mitigates the feeling of unfairness that the player might have regarding said debuff.

You could also add a hard to find or get to Velka stand-in that removes said debuff if a certain debt is payed.

But magic is cool. And everyone always does the same boring-ass twohanded strength shit.

I know full well what I've done. I just don't know if it's good or not, seeing that I am an avid fan of his works, yet, I know what kind of games they are.

>twohanded strength
>Not shield and toothpick
>Not Karmic Justice, weed shield, and Velka's rapier
>Not Darkmoon Blade 2handed Falchion

>not SL1 flynn's ring/unupgraded uchi naked runs

>Not Resonant Weapon+Red Iron Twinblade (or Santier Spear) spam with hotboxes that reach at over 2 meters away from the weapon's tip

Anybody have some scans of Ultimate Wilderness? I wanted to take a look at Shifter and some of the new archetypes.

>Iomedae
>Pharasma

>Worse than Desna, Irori, Calistria, and Gorum
>My sides.

Desna is a sweetheart and deserves her rest.

Should be in the archives in the past couple threads.

See