EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous Thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
With the upcoming release of Unstable, will you allow people in your playgroup to play silver bordered cards temporarily or permanently?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/son-of-a-weird-wizard/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/
articles.edhrec.com/ultra-budget-brews-borborygmos-enraged/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-17-birb/
mtgsalvation.com/articles/16390-frankie-peanuts-and-coercive-logic
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bet that transforming fucker will be requested so much that saying no will become tiresome.

I've been trying to settle of a U/R Spells deck
Working on this list

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/son-of-a-weird-wizard/

Thoughts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/

Need help with this deck:
Needd to fit in:
Villianous Wealth
Cabal+Urbog and ways to tutor
Cyclonic Rift
Tasigur
Maybe Vraska

Optimus Prime? He's expensive, which helps keep people from playing him.

Is Grimlock in Unstable? I thought he was just a promo card

OP is just about silver bordered cards *shrug*

Anyone who bans silver borders should stick to competitive formats where their rules lawyering will actually matter.

I would be amenable to having specific decks built to play with silver border cards, but that would have to be agreed upon before hand.

We already do this. We have a Grimlock player who is surprisingly scary with the deck.

>letting me play Earl of Squirrel in my Ghave deck
Give your head a shake user.

Anybody play pic related? Wanted to build a cheap gruul deck while I wait for more dinosaurs and came across this link
articles.edhrec.com/ultra-budget-brews-borborygmos-enraged/
Seems fun to throw mountains and trees at people but I'd like to hear from people who actually run him.

>Is Grimlock in Unstable?
No. only Sword of D&D.

There's a guy here who runs him, this is from the archive

>ramp
>Cast big man borbo for 8
>"I'll counter that"
>ramp
>Cast big man borbo for 10
>chuck a land at someone
>"I'll respond with a StP/PtE/Instant Removal"
>sadness
>repeat
If you don't have a Keen Sense or Snake Umbra the turn you play him you're gonna have a bad time. Hell, most of the time he just gets removed the moment he shows his face because the deck pretty much hinges upon his board presence. Had a lot of fun with it while it lasted but it's way fragile around anybody that knows not to let him stick.

as long as you've got enough rituals and draw spells, literally any pile of garbage is playable with mizzix or melek in front of it

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-06-17-birb/

This is my brother's build. It performs pretty well, most of the time it wins via Omnath, Titania, Valakut, or of course Borb himself. Sylvan Safekeeper is an especially obnoxious little bastard.

>Brian
>just plays HS on Twitch for megabucks now
He was my hero

>dedicated U deck in our playgroup keeps counterspelling my Meren and letting the Ur Dragon out and the cat deck put down mental equipments
>I end up ramping hard enough to cast it for 16 and lock down the board with Butcher of Malakir, Kordoza Guildmage, High Market and Veridian Emissary anyway
IT WAS ALL IN VAIN COUNTERSPELL MAN, TIME GRINDS EVEN MOUNTAINS TO DUST

He’s making hay while the sun shines. HS is dead within the next two years

Earl of Squirrel is pretty fucking crazy. I guess it's not THAT much better than something like Kalonian Hydra but jesus

it's certainly not unprecedented

its not unprecedented.

But Earl costs 2 less, and is lord for squirrels and all token creatures..

>dem quads
>dat Timmy bait card
Welp, that's another card for Seton's Bullshit Factory

Earl of squirrel is a 6 drop 4/4 that creates 4 2/2s when it deals damage to anything. Living Hive is not even close

>With the upcoming release of Unstable, will you allow people in your playgroup to play silver bordered cards temporarily or permanently?
No. This should not even be up for debate. And frankie is a perfect example of why.

i just want squirrel tribal

You got a problem with Frankie Peanuts?

>thread question
I haven't really talked about it with my playgroup but I think they'd be fine with it. We all plan on drafting it together so it would only make sense but you never know. We also haven't seen enough of it for it to be feasible to even guess what's going to work.

>i fell for the Boros meme

Which commander?

>not wanting to play Hard Mode

Aurelia (what else?).

>(what else?)
?

name one reason frankie shouldn't be allowed in edh besides being silver-bordered

>(what else?)

mtgsalvation.com/articles/16390-frankie-peanuts-and-coercive-logic

Any good changes you would make on Arcane Wizardry?

The same for all 2017: delete Eminence

LEL

"Does the answer to this question have the same binary value as your answer to the question 'will you concede before the end of my draw step this turn?'?"

Post 'em if you got 'em, boys

Depends, if you're going with Inalla then I recommend removing the other commanders and plugging in some fun ETB mess
Theres a lot of potential for different decks packed into one, you'll want to choose a playstyle and cater to that then ditch the rest

dude wtf I don't understand any of this is but I bet this is why we can't have nice things

You can't pull this bullshit, because while the card requires you to ask a yes or no question, but that doesn't imply a yes or no answer. You can elaborate as fully as you want to answer the question, provided the answer is truthful (so you can't say maybe, since then if you asked if they were going to block this turn or not, and they responded with "maybe" to the question, when you attack and move to declare blockers "maybe" will cause the game to go to time.

>(What else?)

>mana drain is still legal
why is life suffering?

last thread we were tallking about sweet cgi alters what do you guys think of mine
I reallllly like it but for some reason this cute girl at our LGS keeps making fun of me for it
I think she just wants me to ask her out

>this is why we can't have nice things

>he thinks anything in an Un-set qualifies as a "nice thing"

(You)

did someone say more proxies

R8, H8, Appreci8

24/100, needs more 8's

I wanted to build silver bordered 5 color for a while, but when my cart of uncards ended up being more than a hundred bucks, I cancelled the whole thing.

I might do 5 color Un with Unstable and a tiny few cards from the old sets though. Depends on how well Unstable works with itself.

I’m thinking of building proper strong Saffi or 5 color Allies next.

:(
and i was just hired too

>thread question
I briefly considered it when Grimlock was released but I can't find a copy less than $100 now so I don't think I can bother with it yet or potentially ever

Karn is currently in pieces for Godo

Thanks
Yea that's what I figured but if I can win a couple times I'll be content.
Thanks user

precon/10

R8, H8 masturb8

I understand anime girls
I understand anime boys
I understand the reasoning behind just about every alter you could make
except this, this I do not understand
is it a pre-established character?
I could understand that
someone please end this madness

I've seen this before and it always makes me mad

The fucking mana cost isn't even right

It's a League of Legends character named Fizz.

It doesn't make sense even if you know the character though, so you're fine.

>centaur
>biped
this is 99% of the reason these alters usually suck, zero thought put into them

It's intentionally a troll alter. Start picking up on the little things, like the text and mana cost. It was made to upset people. It gets replies nearly every time it is posted.

Are you visually challenged? That is clearly a centaur. The text box is see through, look again.

well then it appears you can

Yep. You're not wrong about it sucking, but at least call it out for the right reason, like being fapbait. For fuck's sake, Karador is a King, they should've made it some beefy bara centaur to troll more accurately.

As a waifufag, my commanders are only cute girls, can't have big dumb centaur men on my table
fixed some shit anyway

Is mizzix one of the cure girls?

>(What else?)

I want Adrianna to sit on my face.

Whilst using melee on Jamal and the gang?

What a fucking ugly character.

While getting fucked by the rest of the table because Boros.

I’m hype for the Pack.

I love this shit. Booster Tutor is my fave un card other than maybe Duh.

breh i was so stupid

but Iroas is fun tho

good in naya decks
trust me

I’ve been running hapatra for a few months and as time goes by I keep adding more and more eldrazi for late game. I’m considering building a deck commuted to eldrazi with rakdos as commander, any better suggestions?

What the fuck

can someone name the creatures featured in the card art?

It looks like a zombie unicorn, a zombie demon, a zombie shark, and a zombie homunculus.

my first thought was Fblthp but it doesn't really fit that well

I want to use this with a pack of Legions

It's impossible to say. There is no zombie unicorn and this could be any unicorn. The shark can only be Giant Shark but I think it's actually just "generic shark". This is a very half-assed card that could have been a masterpiece if it actually depicted cards that could all be in the same booster. Alas, Giant Shark is in The Dark and no unicorns are in that set so Matt Cavotta phoned it in with random creatures rather than go the extra mile.

I have never wanted a card so badly as I do this one.

What’s the best pack for this? I want to say Zendikar for all the activated abilities

The shark is probably Giant Shark, since it's probably the only normal shark in magic. But the rest looks kinda generic, I don't remember any homunculus that matches the one in the pic. The only other creature that may be recognizable is the demon??? on the back.

As already mentioned, Legions is all creatures, so guaranteed 15. For quality, Rise of the Eldrazi, maybe?

I'd think Rise of the Eldrazi for all those big fatties. Maybe New Phyrexia for funsies.

a Masters set would have above-average power

Good look finding sealed legions boosters for a reasonable price. Even Zendikar boosters should be fairly expensive.

I think that has the right idea. Or maybe you should start holding onto that last booster in your box that has a mythic in it.

>pay a shitton of money for a sealed legions pack
>play unstable draft with friends until I manage to get my hands on summon the pack
>watch this
>unzips legions pack
>open phage
>lose the game

>With the upcoming release of Unstable, will you allow people in your playgroup to play silver bordered cards temporarily or permanently?
no

>allow players to use silver bordered cards
we have one player who likes to run mother of goons and we would allow any non “op” cards since Commander is supposed to be fun

>since Commander is supposed to be fun
You do know what thread we're in, right?

hearty kek

>Commander is supposed to be fun
no it isnt

Fuck no. Boros has the most issues with consistent ramp and card draw. I don’t have enough gas to go full voltron or giant tribal.

LGS virgin spotted