/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
I have my leg warmers, I'm ready for the 1980s, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-11-07 - Still getting worked on & now has 20479 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-09-16!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

First for Proto-mechs being fuck ugly.

Don't blame Doug Chaffee. There is a pic somewhere about the story about how he got screwed in making the darn things. Plus we have redesigns so it's cool now.

Name a better heavy

Protip, you cant

Canon or fan design, cause some of the people here make some pretty nasty designs.

Wheres the pic?

Ugly picture

Canon only

I got a copy.

Die in a fire, heretic.

IS: Rifleman
Clan: Timber Wolf

Albatross.

I like what Plogg did with them, I feel for chaffe tough.

The Siren is specially sexy.

You're just jealous of quad taste.

Also, Regulans report in.

remember kids
don't kick vedettes

These are great, I've always felt the "canon" Protos were ugly as sin

The first quad since the Scorpion/Goliath that I actually frickin' like. Shit.

Hmm what nation of this earth would like a desing like that...

If I had a nickel for every mech I've lost to a secondary explosion from stepping on a tank's ammo bin...

The dude's probably a star commander.

If your palace guard does not include mechanized infantry I have to ask, in what Inner Sphere are you ruling?

Mechanized troops are MADE for chewing up leg infantry and/or complaining serfs. A mob cannot revolt if there are no peons and no crowd. Mechanized infantry aren’t important enough to want to steal so you can flaunt them around the Capitol and stick them on top of obvious targets without revealing/tying up your more valuable Mech/vehicle forces. By all means, have other types of infantry in the planetary defense force, but keep the beat mechanized troops you can raise near your person.

LaughingSLDFmechs.hpggif

The Orion and T-bolt do not approve of your shenanigans.

>not motorized infantry

You're bad at the whole "evil lord"-thing, bro.

I have never seen a heavy of equal weight take as much of a savage beating as an Orion, the things are fucking zombies

Except for the fact they tend to have something like three different ammo bins spread around.

I'm making a periphery merc force from Detroit.

Roll for a mechwarrior name and name their mech.

>last 4 digits of your cellphone number

Quensharmiah Brown

Reposting in new thread.

If there's no reference pic on Sarna for these kinds of things then it's pretty much free game right?

Tysicious Harris?

What is difference between mechanised and motorised?

Permarmiah Jackson.

He drives a Battleaxe, because it's old and cranky like he is.

One is an APC of sorts the other like a jeep

Motorized infantry are my personal favorite all arounder troops; good movement, full 28 platoons, and field gun capable. They’ve got a bit of everything except damage reduction versus infantry weapons. Mechanized deathmobiles take half damage from exactly the small arms that the rabble will use to try an overthrow the government. This is a huge advantage that means a single platoon can on 20+:1 odds versus generic rioters and clean house every time. Going by aesthetics only, monobike squashes forever, but when you have to insure the continued supremacy of the space aristocracy except no substitutes for The Baron’s Own Royal Mechanized Rifles.

I prefer playing with X number of squads/platoons with their own actual combat vehicles. Like, say, a lance of goblins with four broken squads of foot infantry to move with. Never liked the abstracted vehicles stuff.

If your squadies are squashes, then you might be in trouble or my phone’s autocorrect

Are you braindamaged or something? Autistic? Otherwise socially unfunctional?

Stop shitposting your ultra-niche wankgifs everywhere. Fucking repugnant.

Darius Jones

Drives a Vindicator

Develop better taste.

You're the only one that's braindamaged (probably from all the slaps)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but were "C" mechs like the Firefly C generally available to all the Clans or are they meant to be a Wolf's Dragoon exclusive?

Inker, could you do a Cauldron-Born/Ebon Jaguar with a Smoke Jaguar pilot?

Ragey McRageface!

I’d prefer to track vees and dismounted infantry separately, but the rules just make weak units worse. Having to be completely stopped the entire turn to debus makes carrying infantry a one-way suicide mission unless your LZ is behind cover. Repositioning compounds the above issue. The limited selection in troop bays means most vees can carry a platoon of legs or a single squad of jump/moto troops. One squad is “I want to spot for real guns” at which point why not have a vee TAG and save on BV. Abstract infantry aren’t ideal but they aren’t practically immobile when not field gunning it up.

If you do, please make it Nicki Osis.

>Guy's waifu became real.
>He couldn't take it.

It's funny how dead factions get the best fan art.

I've been living under a rock this past decade and is that ass for real?

No, she's trueborn so its genetically modified.

Kill it with fire.

Dartar Carter's Firestarter, the "Burning Ardor"

>DaiShon Washington's Thug, Bone

Originally, they were Inner Sphere 'mechs the invaders captured, swapped some or all of the weapons 1:1 with Clan models (didn't bother filling resulting free mass), and used for garrisoning their Inner Sphere holdings. There's no real restrictions other than being able to capture the chassis or having it cached from the Pentagon wars.

Damaribarkavious Laqueneisha D’quell.

Pilots a Dragon Fire named "Proportionate"

Quentalus Carter, Spider pilot

Spider's name is "Hang Time"

Inker, I'd like to see your take on a Summoner if you haven't already. It's been my favorite Clan mech since I first played MechWarrior 2 years ago.

And could the pilot have EI tattoos?

/btg/'s Harebrained Battalion

Command Lance (Reconaissance)
4 x Atlas
1 x Hunchback

Assault Company

Assault Lance
2 x Atlas
1 x Banshee
1 x Victor 9D

Assault Lance
4 x Atlas

Assault Lance
4 x Victor

Line Company

Standard Lance
2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Centurion

Standard Lance (Light)
1 x Hunchback
1 x Centurion
1 x Raven
1 x Commando

Standard Lance (Light)
2 x Centurion
1 x Commando
1 x Panther

Line Company

Standard Lance (Jump)
2 x Cataphracts
1 x Grasshopper
1 x Victor

Light Lance (Raider)
1 x Raven 2X
1 x Commando 1B
1 x Centurion AL

Light Lance (Electronic Warfare)
3 x Raven

Has inker done an enforcer and victor yet?

Putting in a request with the higher-ups.

Requesting upgrade kits

2x AS7-S3
1x BNC-3S

I wanted to go with the S2 but normal Gauss would make simpler supply lines.

Along with my Victor 9D we can get in some good range damage before the AC/20s move in and punch holes in everything. We will be the fire support lance

/btg/'s Harebrained Battalion

Command Lance (Reconaissance)
4 x Atlas
1 x Hunchback

Assault Company

Assault Lance (Heavy Support)
2 x Atlas S3
1 x Banshee 3S
1 x Victor 9D

Assault Lance (Spearhead)
4 x Atlas

Assault Lance (Jump)
4 x Victor

Line Company

Standard Lance (Maneuver)
2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Centurion

1 x Hunchback
1 x Centurion
1 x Raven
1 x Commando

2 x Centurion
1 x Commando
1 x Panther

Line Company

Standard Lance (Jump)
2 x Cataphracts
1 x Grasshopper
1 x Victor

Light Lance (Raider)
1 x Raven 2X
1 x Commando 1B
1 x Centurion AL

Light Lance (Electronic Warfare)
3 x Raven

One of the Atlases in the Command Lance should be a AS7-D-DC for that CCon+ECM combo

>3 ravens in one lance

Did someone s

Motherfucking captcha. Did someone say Sarath?

>not mobile infantry
get gud

>Mobile Infantry
Not scantily clad giantess infantry. BAKA, broseph.

Captcha strikes again, like word filters in the dead of night.

All day in a Raven.

Mechanized basically ride into battle on light APCs holding a squad's worth; 7 for tracked, 6 for wheeled, 5 for hover X the number of squads you have. They can tow field guns and field artillery. Because of the heavier vehicles used they're more durable, each trooper having the equivalent of 2 hits rather than one. Each movement type obeys the restricted terrain of the same motive type.

Motorized are one or two-man vehicles, like bikes, jeeps, and other light/simple vehicles. They move faster than regular infantry but have more terrain restrictions. They can also use field guns/artillery.

>That's So Ravens Lance, report!

>battle in semi-rough conditions and terrain
>both of us completely miss all our shots for 4 rounds
I don't know about you guys, but I think this Semen Slurping game ain't for me.

i got just the drug to fix that right up

Or maybe just that he doesn't want to stick his dick in an overinflated Barbie doll.

Can't blame him. Trueborn or not, Nicki Osis would need a customized dual cockpit King Crab to get that ass into a cockpit.

There are big asses and there is that flabby shit.

Couldn't you use ICE or fuel cell instead of Fusion engines for Proto-mechs?

Sure, if you were willing to accept abysmal performance and even more issues with powering energy weapons.

Protos require high-end Clan engineering to work, along with desperation. To be honest, if you can't even build fusion engines (and Clan endo, and Clan ferro, and Proto HS which are even more advanced than Clan DHS) then good fucking luck doing some kind of EI kludge.

Sure. I mean Tech Manual says you can't make them as quads or superheavies but the Society did anyway. I'd say used the Master Engine Table for ICE, and use the standard rating=tonnagexrunning protos do instead of the tonnagexwalking that mechs do. Like the other guy said, the hard part is the clan structure, armor, quarter ton heat sinks and the one ton interface cockpit.

Using IS tech equivalents, you're basically doing better with Assault BA or ultralights.

But it CAN be done. 4 ton interface cockpit. 1 ton external sinks. 50kg/point armor. 20% IS. Enjoy this over-engineered piece of shit. It's full Dark Age. Never go full Dark Age

You got 4.1 tons to play with for payload. Costs a ton to bump it to a 3/4 and the 100kg power amp is the difference between current armor and max armor. 3/4 with a couple micro pulse lasers or a flamer is not bad for infantry hunting.

Just got a grasshopper, fucketh, yeah.

For the user who's been asking about Stalker omnis.

Boring as fuck, but welcome to the Stalker chassis.

Thank you, Anonymous.

This is very solid work. I like that it's a half ton off max armor over a standard fusion engine. I think my preferred loadout would be Gauss Rifle, LB/X 10, 2xLL

If not liking your trash-tier waifu makes me gay, then send in the cocks.

I kinda like that the Stalker is boring but completely works and smashes whatever's in its way.

It's like the MBT of mechs.

What's the Federated Suns' gimmick again, besides being the "good guys"? Space brits/americans?

The Black Knight, yay!

As for Davions, it's Space French/Brits with sprinklings of American and an overdose of whatever author fiat thougt good at the point of writing.

is that actually a sword-and-sunburst trampstamp

They're not Americans. They're based on high middle ages knights. That's Brits/French. The Americans were the TH/Star League. Everything is knights with them, all the sword symbology, New Avalon and all that.

Imagine the Hundred Years War if you also had Samurai and Aussies, and that's the Federated Suns.

This is the old breakdown
>FWL: Twilight of ancient grand republics
>FS: The Once and Future King
>LC: The Kaiser
>CC: The Commies
>DC: The Japanese trifecta of Samurai worship, WWII Imperials, and 1980's Supercorps

I still think the Shimmy version is nicer looking

>that one user who still insists they aren't space Americans
Ok dude lol

Cite P1E while you're at it ;)

>That one user
>when two people made the same reply
>implying 99% of PE1 isn't still in use

Also, basically everyone is written as vaguely american when they're in the protag seat, because surprise, written by americans. Read Heir to the Dragon, and Teddy is very much an american with some japanese stereotype window dressing. Still a fun book, but it's very difficult to get in a properly alien mindset. Only time it was even kinda done was with the clans and they backtracked on that plenty fast.

They gimmick is coming out of top of any shit they get themselves into all the way from 1st Succession War in that the whole Kentares Massacre helped in that, creating a rallying cry for FedSuns and just demoralizing the shit out of DCMS. Note to all CGL writers that's how you write meaningful War Crime that have some weight behind them not just sprinkle them around like it is candy.

It looks like that gimmick has to come to end with McRapey Rape Davion and his retarded shit, though I have to say he is a Davion that deserved all the shit poured on him.

If by shimmy version you mean THIS one, then yeah, definitely.

The SBs insist they are space Anglo-French.

The novels show them as American down to the bone.

Guess what we have more of, and what influences the player base more.

And speaking as someone who is a Colonial, even if we go with the SBs it's an entirely informed attribute since the American influences of the Suns are more clear than the supposed Anglo-French stuff. If the writers ever intended to make the Suns not America, they failed at it really badly because they didn't understand European culture or history and substituted American stylings for everything, resulting in the very thinnest veneer of Arthurian trappings over what is otherwise Space America.

The novels are even more blatant.

The whole plotline is a set-up for Julian to save the Suns in their darkest hour. He's already spanked the Cappies and the Dracs are just about to implode.

>It looks like that gimmick has to come to end with McRapey Rape Davion and his retarded shit, though I have to say he is a Davion that deserved all the shit poured on him.

Honestly, I don't agree. Like pretty much all of the Dark Age villains except the clanners, he's one of the best characters in the novels. The guy was totally crazy but basically is just a Davion who believed the old Davion hype. "I can't lose. I'm a Davion. PREPARE TO CRUSH THE CAPELLAN SCUM!" Ten bucks says it was Erde Centrella who slipped the rape info thing to Khan Sterling to cripple the Suns alliance with the Ravens.

Also, it's hilarious how it actually happened. He was trying to save Danai from being killed in a firefight at a supply base while she was sperging out about recapturing her mech. The whole reason she was even alive at that point was because he treasonously shot an allied mech to save her when she was invading one of his own planets. Nearly got himself killed and she was going to use him as a prize captive to take back to Sian. But he flipped the tables on that cunt.

Having to slog through Principles of Desolation with Danai's constant whining about it was not worth it though, especially when she masquerades as a sexually liberated Canopian. Fuck that bitch. Caleb should have knifed her when he was done, but he liked her too much.