mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Budget Decks Version 5.0
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?pli=1#

>thread q
Favorite 3 drop?

Other urls found in this thread:

ddft.
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-aluren-40037#paper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Favorite 3 drop: True-Name Nemesis. And by favorite, I mean I want it in my deck, always. Card is amazing, and puts in so much work in all fair matchups, and even pitches to force.
Design-wise I think it is a terrible abomination that should never have been printed.

It's very obviously much less broken in the format it was printed for.

Blood Moon or Three-ball or Doomsday

That's the thing though right? I'm pretty sure it was designed with Legacy in mind, since it is completely worthless in commander.
It might have been in a commander set, but that and shit like conspiracy are the way they make new cards for eternal formats without them going through standard, and there is no way TNN was going to be in a standard legal set.

But yeah, I think all the creatures I play in my deck are huge mistakes, that is why I play them. DRS is the most absurd creature ever printed, and breaks the color pie by being a black mana dork, Delver and TNN break the color pie by being the best beaters in the format (green is supposed to be the big beaters and blue is supposed to be the least creature color), and while I don't think Gurmag is as bad as those, a 1 mana 5/5 off of Delve (an absurdly good mechanic) isn't too bad.

I don't think any of those creatures should have been printed, but as long as they are legal, I will keep collecting the wins they give me.

>Favorite 3 drop
Probably either Dack, Daretti or 3ball.
Do you guys like Mengucci? I'm glad someone is putting out a ton of eternal content.

Favorite 3 drop has to be hypnotic specter. I miss him being a good card.

Legacy players!
How do you whiteborder your cards? Will a regular eraser work? I bought some Acetone nail polish but it's kinda tough and rips through the card. What kind of eraser works?

Card condition: Damaged

If you use acetone you need to make sure you buy a bottle of 100% acetone. Some random nail polish remover might be 60% acetone and you'll just end up with damp torn cards. I use acetone and generally have good results.

>Turn 1
Play swamp, dark ritual, Phyrexian Negator, pass.

Why would you do this?

Serious question.

>Turn mine
Play Volcanic Island, Lightning Bolt, wipe your board, pass.

Assuming it's someone who doesn't own Legacy cards and is just trying to meme damaging your cards into existence in order to reduce the card pool and bring about the end of the evil Reserved List that he feels is keeping him out of the game.

>Turn 3
Flip Table

ddft. wiki/ just went up. I'm no expert, but thoughts on it? Looks pretty comprehensive.

Mengucci's content is pretty solid. I appreciate the variety, and his voice has really grown on me.

R8 my poorfag storm

4 Ancient Spring
2 Gemstone Mine
4 Geothermal Crevice
4 Sulfur Vent
4 Brainstorm
4 Burning Wish
4 Cabal Ritual
2 Cabal Therapy
1 Chain of Vapor
4 Dark Ritual
3 Doomsday
4 Duress
4 Gitaxian Probe
1 Infernal Contract
4 Lotus Petal
4 Manamorphose
1 Meditate
1 Night's Whisper
4 Rite of Flame
1 Tendrils of Agony

Sideboard:
1 Cabal Therapy
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Chill
1 Doomsday
2 Dread of Night
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Grapeshot
1 Meltdown
1 Pithing Needle
2 Serenity
1 Slaughter Pact
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Virtue's Ruin

Even if mine are proxied.

how often do you hit threshold on the cabal rituals?

I helped make this site and I'm not even the one shilling it. Who are you? There's definitely some room for improvement but it's coming along nicely.

>Ixalan is the first block since Legacy became a format that hasn't affected the metagame at all.
What happened? Also is there a card you can see getting played in Legacy eventually?

I'm personally rooting for Legion's Landing, but Abrupt Decay and Wasteland are though linebackers.

I'm just some user who saw it on reddit. I suspected you helped make it but wanted to see people's general impressions outside of reddit.

Chart a course has seen a bit of play. Carnage tyrant gets played in Nic fit.

Search for Azcanta or w/e is already seeing play.

>Favorite 3 drop?
I don't play 3 drop, I play 2 drop with 1 left playing around daze.

>Not responding with your own daze

>playing daze with 3 drops

>Gixis Delver plays Daze with 3 AND 7 drops :^)

>AND 7 drops :^)
you meme this time my friend but I'll come back and you won't have enough FWB Exc blue bliands in play to counter it.

When will the "Delver breaks the color pie" meme end? It has pushed stats, but everything the card does is well within Blue's slice.

So how do I UR delver? I made a blackout drunk purchase and I guess I have some volcanics in the mail. Im not building grixis/rug, just UR burn

BECAUSE blue is meant to be the colour of "no pushed stats". Blue has everything else. Disruption, card advantage and selection. Green and white are just flavours of bad versions of all those. Blue is meant to be the one with sub par beaters, since green and black are meant to take that slot. But when blue gets the best beaters too, something is wrong.

Delve should have been a red mechanic

>Delve is broken and shouldn't have ever existed
Fixed that for you.

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-aluren-40037#paper

this list is too spicy. anyone try it out?

Delve wasn't a problem until they started to print pseudo ancestral recalls.

What other creatures blue has, that is good solely because of it's power? I can't think of any.

And while it's not really a downside, delver does force you to play a deck that is a fish, as in having somewhere around 60% of deck to be instant/sorceries. And blue still doesn't have a single playable removal spell.

And besides, why is it that black has arguably the most powerful creatures? Shouldn't that be green thing? Griselbrand and angler are the most efficient creatures in their respected areas.

Why does white have the most effective removals? Shouldn't that be a black thing? I suppose fatal push is really good, but not sword to plowshares good.

Honestly the color pie discussion is stupid. Blue doesn't have everything, or there would be no reason to be playing multiple colors in a deck. Hell, besides FoW mostly every single answer card is anything, but blue.

>Honestly the color pie discussion is stupid
MaRo, 2011

He isn't wrong though. Color pie is fucked for older formats anyway, because you get out of color cards either because of lore or simply missing the design. WotC has been really consistent with colors for the longest of time, give them some break from stupid idiots.

Where can I buy pure Acetone? I tried my LGS but they didn't have any.

>I tried my LGS
Don't people think anymore?

Wal-Mart is a solid option. They sell it as nail polish remover. Just make sure it says 100% acetone. Failing that, maybe a hardware store?

Also, you need to have good technique to not ruin cards. Practice on some basic lands or something. I use painter's tape to keep the lines clean and put a bit of acetone on a folded up paper towel and then firmly scrub the border. The ink should start to smear off. Then you can use a fresh bit of paper towel with a little more acetone to finish the job. Use a fresh paper towel for every side.

Please post your whitebordered deck(s)

Only doomsday is whitebordered. Been considering doing it to my modern deck but it's a lot of work.

I'm whiteborderinf it on my deck right now

anyone plays on Cockatrice? it just happened to me

*an

>being a /pol/ memelord outside of /pol/
Dumb, but not banworthy
>using Ubuntu w/Unity in 2017
You deserve everything bad that happens to you, user

Hello sir, do you have a moment to talk about Belcher?

OY VEY WHAT A HOLOCAUST

>ddft. wiki
This is quite a lot of effort for a fringe deck.
Nice.

close to finishing my first legacy deck

Well it wasn't just me. In fact most of the content was written by two other users on the storm boards. I worked on the tech side of things.

Blue is the color of big good flyers, deal with it. Always has been

>3 drop
Trinisphere

Just regular old white rectangle erasers and masking/painters tape. Make sure you get the good expensive stuff, the cheap stuff might rip the card apart when you take it off (RIP in Pieces Ugin, at least its an EDH playable card).

Because it's baller as fuck

You are incorrect sir, I have seen a few dinos in Nic Fit lists and that Search for Alcatraz card is seeing play as well.

Solid deck/10. It's the only Delver variant I would consider playing.

Nice carpet faggot

>whitebordering your whole deck so people don't notice your poorfag duals

It matches the drapes

It looks like vomit you dumb cunt

No u look liek vomet lelelel

Thanks for ruining the thread with your terrible whiteboarded meme decks

Black is meant to be the secondary beater colour, black has everything, just usually at a price. Griselbrands power comes from his utility, not from his ability to beat better than any other given large creature. Which is why reanimator runs a suite of creatures in the first place.

Black does have the best removal. Toxic deluge, massacre, edict, murderous cut were all played well before fatal push came on the scene. BUG did fine for years before it morphed into Czech pile, it was just outclassed by miracles because miracles had the countertop lock.

Lost to it twice at eternal weekend, and ajillion times locally. Control decks can't come close to beating it ever.

>Favorite 3-drop
Back to Basics
fuck you Czech Pile players

It's been forever since I saw aluren at a comp REL tournament.

>$500 per each cards are for poorfags
Stay mad and keep hoping that Reserved List crumbles

the white bordered foil looks pretty cool desu

has anyone recognized your deck irl

The "color pie" doesn't matter; Wizzerds has done a fantastic job of ignoring it pretty much since 1994.

The problem with Delver is that it slots into probably the best pre-existing deck configuration (Force, Daze, Stifle, "Teh Cantrip Cartell," and other stuff like Bolt or Cabal Therapy [primarily Cabal Therapy]). It also happens to be the best attacker in Magic.

I don't see any reason to ban anything, and it's not like Delver decks don't have predators (hard control, Lands, Dredge, and white cards), but if there were a candidate for a card that's homogenizing Legacy into both rigid builds and a single playstyle, it's Delver. Deathrite doesn't do that—it actually adds to format diversity and opens a number of options because it makes any mana but colorless—Chalice doesn't do that (in spite of the fact that it punishes people for building decks properly) because it forces its pilots to forego 1-drops, and good cantrips don't do that because they facilitate a huge variety of strategies even if they comprise irreplaceable slots in over half of the decks in the format.

Delver stifles both deckbuilding and play-style diversity, it has no reasonable counterpart, and it breaks the color pie—little though that's worth.

The color pie is fucked in every format. Green has the best card-draw in Modern and black has the best beaters; red, green, and blue are dominating Standard because they synergize so well that people can cast everything for cheap; Vintage is unplayable if you run colored spells at all; and Legacy has blue good cards and nonblue support.

Seriously, team, cut the shit with the color pie. It never meant anything and "fixing" it won't fix anything.

:D

Fuck you. I'm also not Jewish.

>plays dredge
>is a fucking NAZI
Memes are true huh...

>Ubuntu & Manaless dredge

You deserve it

Nobody has said like "oh you're that cunt from Veeky Forums" or anything.

Can I talk about Unstable here? i just want to find a thread for Unstable speculation and discussion.

Probably won't get much discussion sincer they're not legacy legal. Might be better to look for an edh or cube thread. They sometimes play un-cards.

>not player_1488
You had one job user.

Crow Storm should be black bordered.

I agree that it would be a perfectly reasonable black bordered card, but would it be playable? There are definitely some awkward storm hands that fall a mana short but it only makes 1 bird for every copy. Is half the power but flying worth 1 less mana? I don't really think so.

Make W/U Moat Control Storm great again!

>Fuck you. I'm also not Jewish
t. Schlomo shekelstein

this any good for a control list to get into legacy with?
i will promise to get better cards once i can.

it's a counter to empty the warrens

is my pet card any good here? I see it in maverick once in a while as a 1-of, but… is maverick itself even good any more?

it seems like the card has so much potential, maybe it's just too slow.

thats pretty gay though, and im not even /pol/

Would you also get banned for edgy slurs against whites?

I would probably look into more budget friendly lists or save up more, you will get obliterated playing that.

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't want you to get crushed and then sour on legacy.

I realize that. But there are a lot of decks that can't beat 12 goblins on t2 but can beat 6 birds. A flipped Delver and a couple removal spells will stabilize the board vs birds. A punishing fire + grove and maybe 1 extra removal spell will stop those birds. It's just not enough bodies to be worth it, even with evasion.

>Favorite 3 drop?

Leatherback Baloth

I'm gonna play Legacy Burn!

Good man. May the success be with you in FNMs. Remember to fuck the skulls of slain opponents.

Isn't punishing jund kind of natural development from maverick? Anyway, the deck dominates delver matchups, so I cannot understand why it isn't played more.

Just pray your meta isn't full of combo. If it's faster than turn 4 Burn is in big trouble.

>I cannot understand why it isn't played more.
Punishing Jund has a pretty bad combo matchups. it's also in a weird spot like R/W Painter was before the top ban, to build it optimally you need cards that have almost no cross-over uses in Legacy ATM (Chainz, Goyf, Bob). That said, I am with you on punishing delver heavy metas, the deck is a beast against aggro and control.

Because Legacy players masterbate over blue too much

Blue cares about Instants and Sorceries, so it can bend over backwards for them, like having specific mana dorks or things that get better the more of them you have in the GY. It's not a far stretch from things that become bigger when you have those cards on hand.

You're misunderstanding "Pushed Stats", which isn't really a thing in the color pie unless you mean generally good creatures, which is always Green's part. Delver isn't a generally good creature because it requires you to load your deck with said Instant and Sorceries to turn on.

Delver is like "R: Delver Bolt deals 20 damage to target creature or player". It's in the pie, the problem is that the numbers were too high.

Except that red doesn't really do anything with graveyards other than also having stuff cost less the more Instants and Sorceries are out there.

*drops a gurmag angler in your lap*
*fatal pushes your goyf*
*takes up a third of your meta*
psh.... nuthin personnel kid

Pls no bully Jund, he's trying his best!

Memedern, filled with monkey and mongrels.
They can't deal with fucking gelded dredge WITH the same hate cards as legacy/vintage has, this is how pathetic memedern players are.

it would be cool if it had a smaller body and cost 2 so you could double wasteland someone earlier

idk I don't really have an opinion but I assume that's the best place you can make with it besides saving a dork or a sacrificed mana rock of some kid?

It could be pretty cool in some Bant Standstill shell, gives you a 3/2 + makes your opponent deal with being stuck under standstill multiple times.

what sleeves?