Connected to daddyscave.chn...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>diningoutwithcuteboys-COMPILATION_XVI.btl
>zlulz-cf87?large_nastygram_hacking_funny_3de708.tpg
>My_Wife_Is_A_Teenage_Robot-S04E02-Justice_4_Jenny.3dv
>Double_Barrel_Alchemy_[GONE_WRONG].you

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 6514 (89% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your KRILLERO subscription has been renewed'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running KRILLERO_Taste_Of_Steak_aujus.kre...

>Eat your pudding
>Shoots and leaves
>Conserve protein
>And never, ever cut your burgers with soy

What's good eatin' in the shadows? Ever kill someone over lunch? For lunch?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/g19vTEt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How cheesy is it for a decker to take the perfect time quality, then buy multiple configurator programs then use the first FA to swap in one of the configurators and then activate it with his second FA? Basically letting him reconfigure his deck to whatever he wants instantly.

Very common tactic among deckers
Perfect time is basically mandatory to start with.

For some reason real coffee is a recurring item in my games. Food usually comes into play during legwork, too. We'll take gyros out on stakeouts, meet contacts over nice lunch, cook during prep at our hideout. Food keeps the team running.
Food and drugs.

>What's good eatin' in the shadows?
These young YOLOs, fresh and juicy meat that minced itself speeding, playing heroes or pissing off wrong people. You just gotta watch out for the drugs, sometimes they are so loaded it literally gives you the second hand buzz.
>Ever kill someone over lunch? For lunch?
Nah, what am I, a savage?

speaking of food, anyone know of why hell hounds like zebra so much?

My BOD 2 Decker goes here and gets food poisoning but its always worth it.
imgur.com/gallery/g19vTEt

definitely using this later, those tweets were hilarious

Amirs meat is a heady mix of devilrat, greyhound, and eastern european girls who aren't very good at holding their breath.

So, stop me if someone's already gone on about this idea...

But I rewatched the Matrix(the movie) the other day and it got me thinking about something someone suggested a little while ago.

The Horrors being starved or tricked by having everyone upload to the Matrix(the internet) and ditch their meat bodies. Then everyone starting to reemerge in a way similar to Earthdawn.

The slate has been wiped clean, but Kaers created by Megacorps opening, repopulating the Earth with both Bio and Machine bodies.

Maybe some organics who survived as well. Maybe some dudes fled to space because there's not a manashpere outside the planet. Maybe a new manasphere got started on the moon.

I guess I'm just thinking out loud, but I've been curious about a Shadowrun Post-Apocalypse type setting. Maybe a more powerful AI creates a Robot City named 01(like the Matrix timeline).

Still include all the awesome augmentations, still meta humans. Just change the focus a bit.

Somewhere between Shadowrun and Eclipse Phase, I suppose

How powerful would my loli elf mage have to become until someone drops a thorshot on her?

Powerful enough that she is worth thorshotting but can't simply magic the thorshot away.

It's a very tiny window there, granted.

Idea: Car chase, but both parties are stuck in gridguide mode

Yeah, how powerful would she have to become to be worth thorshotting is what I'm asking.

Dob-meself-in Amir?

Magicians don't start with lodges, right? Do they need a special work area in their lifestyle to make one, or is it just the time and cost of the lodge resources?

It SHOULD be a lifestyle option but they didn't make it one because lol mages can just do whatever the fuck they want

I assume it'd be covered by Workshop and then you by the lodge materials which are covered in the gear listing

Can we rejoice in the fact that "magic bullets" are just SS rounds that are still too expensive to maintain or produce in bulk and don't even have real spells attached to them?

I guess but then what do I shove in my revolver to look cool

Pixies wielding monowhips

So I have a friend that wants to play Shadowrun but knows ZERO about the setting of the game. I have two ideas how to introduce the world to them.

1. "The Deep End" Drop them into the Stuffer Shack and just go from there. This scenario allows me to set the game at whatever power level I choose and allows more freedom to drop in other players.

2. "The Shallow End" aka The Ares school for Young Ladies. The setting is a school where I can slowly introduce concepts and world lore while the character is being trained for Ares Special Forces. This scenario forces a very low power level and limits new characters slightly. Runs are done as "tests" or "field trips"

Any thoughts or ideas. I don't want to drown them in lore crunch.

>2. "The Shallow End" aka The Ares school for Young Ladies. The setting is a school where I can slowly introduce concepts and world lore while the character is being trained for Ares Special Forces. This scenario forces a very low power level and limits new characters slightly. Runs are done as "tests" or "field trips"

So Upotte!! meets Girls Und Panzer meets Ghost in the Shell? Are the players the little girls or are they the teachers over-seeing the girls?

Player(s) would be the students. I can introduce world concepts as "lessons". Mostly "Sociology or History" classes with Special Ed courses for Deckers/Mages/Samurai based on the players and their characters.

Run Food Fight on top of Option 1 "The Deep End".

A big expectation for Shadowrun is self-sufficiency, thinking on your feet, and making your own solutions without the backup of a stable chain of command and logistics. I'm not saying that Ares wouldn't produce a challenging and realistic environment for training, but the players aren't expected to see corps as warm, inviting bosoms full of hopes and dreams, but as monstrous, crushing giants threatening to squeeze them beneath their weight.

That analogy ran away from me.

Thor shots are WMDs reserved for major targets or shows of force. No corp in their right minds is gonna drop a thor shot in an urban area unless it's all owned by an Omega Order target or something locally apocalyptic like Insect Spirits turning an entire arcology into a hive has gone down. It's literally the nuclear option since nukes don't tend to work so well with magic around. So unless your the mastermind of a terror cell sitting in the middle of a remote base your far more likely to get drone strike'd or hit with a cruise missile. Doing stuff like summoning massive amounts of high force spirits slaved to your will and just massacring downtown with them would warrant a military response. But you'd have to be like dragon level powerful and actively making yourself a serious problem for corps to qualify for thor swatting.

At this point just sit with them and explain the setting for 4 hours

I get what you are saying about corps. I think as I get deeper into the game I can introduce ideas that make the players realize they are expendable assets. Things like war games similar to Enders Game against other campuses but with live fire.

You should put them up against actual runners, gangers, or SINless enclaves. Less red tape for a live-fire exercise and the bureaucracy can present it as a volunteer work opportunity, while you have the player suddenly nose-deep in the streetscum. You can even have them get stranded in an op that goes pear-shaped and need to fend for themselves on limited resources and a pressing need to conceal her identity (people don't like SINners much less Ares mil-drones). Contrast the view of the shadows with the corp perspective.

Goddamn pain editor is fucking broken as shit. My ork sam just waded through like fifteen HTR guards, eating shotgun and assault rifle shots left and right, and he was okay. He would've lasted several more rounds, certainly.

What were wearing first of all. And second, you are the Street Sam and isn't that your job? If you hadn't done that would your team have been gunned down by HTR?

And at 0.3 Essence it's entirely affordable for non-INT mages (read: all of them) too.

Sleeping tiger, ballistic mask, forearm guards, aluminum bone lacing, and some armor from cyberlimbs got me at 22 armor I think, with 7 body I was at 29 soak dice.

Yes, it is my job, and I saved everybody's asses. But pain editor just surprises me, I would've been down from stun way earlier if not for it.

0.4 actually :^)

Fuck me I hate making new options. Okay, that's implemented. Doesn't seem to be breaking if I squint at it aggressively, so it should work properly. Next build in ~18 hours.

The thing with lodges is that they're different for different traditions. Some might only need a shelf and some floor space, others might need enough room to build a shrine or sweat lodge or something.

Thank you for this GANTZ cosplay. Small issue but a huge quality of life improvement.

Alright so what the fuck do dwarves look like? I've read descriptions of them having giant fucking upper torsos and then theres art of Isobel from hong kong and shes normally proportioned just..you know a midget.

What does a Black Magic lodge look like, anyway? Street Grimoire just talks about how they're sociopaths and use force of will to cast spells and dominate people, and yeah yeah yeah, but... what do their reagents look like? Their lodges? Their spirits? I've got a Black Magic magician player, but I have no idea what kind of thing it'd be like for them (and it hasn't come up since they haven't summoned a spirit yet, don't have a lodge, and own no reagants). Should I just leave it up to them?

yeah, they're pretty much just shorter, wider-framed humans

I think somewhere in 4e or 5e they mentioned that black magicians attempt to blend in as regular hermetics, so they probably aren't SO different. FA's alternate rules for black magicians give their spirits some extra demonic-sounding features, so those are probably a little more overt.

Hermetics, chaos mages, and black magicians are all probably very similar in terms of paraphernalia. Black magicians might have nastier books and more pointy implements, while chaos mages will have random bits and bobs from other traditions.

I can't wait for the Ruger Ultra Warhawk in 6e.

>just found the change priority option on chummer
I feel like a real fucking idiot now considering how many times I've deleted and remade the same character.

6e is never coming user. Shadowrun is finished.

Well fine, whenever they give in and make another gun splat.

Ignore modern art. Go look at Bradstreet and contemporaries stuff (1e-3e). What does Bradstreet even do these days?

They look like all the other dwarves you've seen.

I ran into a guy a while back that would sell and repurchase stuff in order to reorganise it because he didn't know about the right-click-drag ordering behaviour.

Honestly one day I'm going to crack and take donations and the first thing I'm going to blow it on is getting some poor schmuck to write doco on all the UX stuff.

Good.

>But you'd have to be like dragon level powerful
Okay, how do I do that?

A) Be a magic-user (duh)
B) Find a Spirit willing to make a Pact to become ageless/be an immortal elf; because you're gonna need some time to get where you want to go.
C) Initiate and raise your Magic powers until you have something like 30 MAG without being killed in the process.
D)???
E) Profit

The rest of it seems clear, but how can I accomplish this:
>B) Find a Spirit willing to make a Pact to become ageless/be an immortal elf; because you're gonna need some time to get where you want to go.
and how strong must the spirit be, and how is being in a pact going to fuck me over?

And how much karma and how many game sessiond would getting 30 MAG require?

Just to mess with my players who bitch about initiation, I'm making them deal with doctor cyberware install rules and, in addition to that, making them pass strength + (athletics) skill of their choice to properly integrate with the gear. For example, a strength 3 arm requires a TN of three extended test to pass. Each test has an interval of a month.

Minimum 150 karma.

The rules for this are in Street Grimoire, but in essence you must:
- Learn the "Spirit Pact" ritual; the easy part
- Identify a Free Spirit that is not bound yet, can offer a Formula pact and is willing to bind with you. (The hard part)

When that happens you become ageless and he cannot be called/bound/... by anyone/anything else as long as you're alive. It won't fuck you over too much; the only real problem is that if your bound Spirit gets permanently destroyed on his homeplane, you die as well. (The reverse is true as well, so you'll need to be convincing for it to happen and careful after that.)

As for getting to 30 MAG, fuckloads and fuckloads of Karma/game sessions. Between the Initiations, raising MAG and raising your other attributes to successfully Initiate in the long run; you'll need that immortality.

Pain editor is incredibly good, But it only becomes broken when you get it FOR FREE on a mage in 5e thanks to transhumanism or whatever the perk is called.
No essence cost pain editor on a mage. Fuck.

You should create a donation thing but only allow feature requests.
Get paid 20$ to add variable sized troll dildo items to the gear list for someone.

>free
>still have to play 68k for it
Sure, whatever retard.

That's actually the most useful thing you could blow it on.

As a Britfag, this is utterly and terrifyingly accurate.

That's 68k you're not using on any other augs anyways.

>gear bloat
Dear god no!

Maybe if patron homebrew was all in a special "extra book" that had to be enabled, possibly.

Let's check the real cost:
Prototype Transhuman
Restricted Gear

Depending on gentype, that is crippling. Prime Sum to Ten is the only truly viable point.
More bullshit is the TechnoSam, who gets free pain editor, focuses on Diagnostics and slings 20+ dice to shoot many types of guns right out of chargen.

And not on Booze and Strippers?
Crowfunding devs are disappointed in you...

Hey, anyone have a copy of the old Tentacle Monster Troll build lying around?

FIRST thing. Aggressive drinking comes after.
Yeah, but it's tediously expensive and of potentially limited use. Like it's good to have, but not necessarily something that people will read. There are a few 'how do I use Chummer' Youtube threads kicking around that cover the basics, but I think a bunch of them predate my coding. They're certainly not kept up to date with the latest features.

Anyway, a full revamp of the UI would be fantastic but isn't exactly practical to consider with my available time and resources, particularly considering all the other stuff that still needs to be implemented.

Incidentally, it turns out we haven't been pushing nightly builds for six days, whoops. Sorry about that lads.

It was the 80's.

Just make them weekly updates on Monday or so, that way everyone has something to fiddle with when Patch Tuesday comes around and we can't play video games because everything is in maintenance.

Perfect Time + Quick Config is decker bread and butter. Just watch out for a fast enemy decker/spider using delay action, because if you put your firewall down and they've decided to go the same time as you, they could still ding you with something nasty before your pass ends.

Fucks me off so much that AIs can't do that PT/QC combo though. Especially because I could ALSO use Perfect Time with an anthro-drone body and be a rad AI breakdancer from the CAS.

i found a duping glitch in SHK
5 cloned items per mission, but only after isobel hits level 4 and her deck gets upgraded
before that you can get 1 cloned item per mission after she hits level 1

Fuck I hate patch Tuesday.

yo yekka - is it planned to have vehicle weapons display their damage values and stuff?
At least in my files they don't

What's the capacity of a guitar? How much if it would a flamethrower eat up?

Doesn't it show it in the Vehicle Statblock printout?

Underbarrel Flamethrower, no capacity

This is honestly something beyond the scope of the game system. A wiz who even begins to approach this level of power should already be well beyond running the shadows. Like 'fuck you I'm gonna takeover Seattle and start my own city state' levels of individual power and influence still wouldn't get you nuked from orbit unless you tried to seriously upset the corporate status quo on top of it. Look up Art Dankwalther for the only example of a regular person who had an Omega Order declared on him and then got Thor shot for causing trouble.

maybe I'm missing something? o.O

never mind I'm just too retarded to figure out what you mean

Is there any way for them to show up in Chummer itself?

That does actually seem a lot more sensible

It's for the best. We'll put it down humanely.

Howsit work?

put the duplication item over isobel's grenade launcher
move the item to izzy's pistol

drag one item over the other
repeat until isobel's gear is full of duplicated item
repeat twice more, far right to center

It could make for a very tactical game, if you're into that sort of thing. Lay out a map, both parties moving at the posted speed, trying to find ways to catch up/intercept/flee by constantly changing their destination and preferred route.

And 20 karma from the starting budget of 25, which means you're going to need a minimum of Priority C nuyen to cover the cost of the pain editor.

In no way is it free. It's just a stupid good option that is uncovered with enough system mastery.

I miss Critical Miss. Of course, I missed it when it was still being written because it turned into a comic about depression instead of one about vidya jokes.

It's not even that good.

Honestly, eat a dick user. It's a fun idea and even though I know a decent bit about the game, I'd still do that as a game.

Ares School for Young Ladies would just be USMC bootcamp on steroids.

Pic Horizon or Evo if you want a more nice approach to raising corporate children.

But dankwanker was a tosser who didn't have anything but money.

How many quickened spells do you need to survive a thorshot?

Are the updated Fading values for Techies already in Chummer?

Considering mages have already fucktons of way to make drain most of the time a non-issue, i don't think its really that good.
Its nice to get if you fight a lot and want to spend one Essence on ware anyways, but the opportunitycosts at Chargen are just to high.

A mage being functionally immune to drain is 'not even that good'? What levels of munchkin do you usually play with in comparison?

Not functionally immune, since in my experience you either cast low and break limit with reagents, or you really overcast it in an emergency and take physical drain.

And the funds required really cuts down to skills and attributes you can have at chargen, which is a bad thing. The amount of qualities you can get is also limited, because of the points that have to go towards restricted gear.

How should a team's mage deal with an attacking spirit? Banish it, or beat it up in astral combat?

Astral combat is a bad idea. If you're good at banishing, use that. If you were smart and decided to not dump points in it, just nuke it.

So normal weapons don't affect spirits fully, right?

Oh god do not use Banishing it's absolute garbage. More drain chance than anything else.

Just nuke it with a Force 6 spell or something.

They affect them if theyr'e materialized

>Oh god do not use Banishing it's absolute garbage. More drain chance than anything else.
Which is why I said "if you were smart and decided to not dump points in it". Thing is, it still works, kinda. It also is a kind way to get rid of spirits if you're worried about astral rep.

im trying to find a couple of players to join an existing game I have thats set in atlanta. we work through discord and roll20. is it a bad idea to ask here?

It's probably fine if you screen the applicants.