Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_Bestiary_of_the_Mortal_Realms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is Reynolds a good writer?

Who would you like to write for AOS?

Dan Simmons

Roll a city, write a paragraph of backstory based on your results.

Here's one I rolled earlier. It's a little cliched, I admit

Hallow Flame - Mobile - Watchpost - Dwaves & Stormcast - Little Notoriety (3) - Arcane Forge/Held Aloft by Magical Means/Sealed and Terrible Vault

Many were the folk that used to make their way to lonely Dwarven outpost called the Hallow Flame. Dwarves, Elves and Men a like would travel far and at great expense for one of the exquisite weapons made at it's rare arcane forge. That was until the Stormcast descended upon the renowned workshop for reasons unknown to any who fathomed it. A great battle was fought for many days, the night sky around the outpost lit by fire and lightning. With the aid of the Dwarves, the Stormcast prevailed and sealed a hellish power away within the forges vaults. A ritual was preformed and the great forgeworks and it's vaults were cast high into the air along with the ground it once rested upon. The now fortified floating watchpost hosts a garrison of Stormcast and aeronautically minded Dwarves and on clear days Winged Prosecutors and Dwarf Gyrocopters can be seen patrolling the air space around the floating monolith.

How come only order are allowed to live in towns

Because any chaos aligned is obviously not allowed

Because destruction just wants to eat/destroy everything

Because Death is an abomination

What are you expecting?

Orcs had homes in the old world. Why would i expect any different?

Death had towns in the old world. Why would i expect any different?

You must have brain problems.

Orcs had huts and villages, not towns. Death has fucking cities in AoS, you're both retards. Read any fucking background.

This is not the old world. How come you are having a hard time understanding that?

I never said death doesn't have cities, I just said they don't live with order, for various reasons.

Oh shit, this thing is coming together. Still got a lot of painting to do.

2 retards arguing that only order should have towns to live in. Because gw said so. So weak minded.

You would expect some bad blood between order and death since Nagash ruined everything.

That's pretty fuckin sexy. What is it? Do you have custom rules for it?

Naw man. I never claimed only order should have towns. I am just explaining why order towns are only filled with order.

Reading comprehension is pretty shitty today.

Exactly.

Because the towns in firestorm were set up by the forces of order. Thus only they live in these towns. It's not rocket science user.

Really its just a model I have dreamed of making for quite some time. I have always wanted to give my dwarfs a giant steam mech to match some of the other steam creations in my army and give them a much needed centerpiece. But I have never been provided that.

So when the KO came out, I saw a lot of conversion potential. I took an imperial knight kit pretty much for its skeleton only, and cannibalized a arkanaut frigate kit and smashed them together.

As for using it, I dabbled in giving it some custom rules, but I play matched play. So I will be using it as a proxy for a drakesworn templar or carmine dragon, neither of which really fit it, but it's the best I have for ideas. I am open to more ideas on what to use it as that could fit it better.

Pic related is it WIP

Have you tried using it as Durthu? I think that could work. But then you wouldn't have the Kharadron allegiance.

Durthu might work.

I play dispossessed, not KO. And since dispossessed allegiance sucks, I run GA:order most of the time so i can include whatever i want from order.

Is hammerhal and/or lords of the iron dragon up yet?

Because the other alliances DO have towns? Nulahmia is most likely being reconstructed after the mess of lord of undeath and I seem to recall that Nagashizzar was a thing again.

Likewise, chaos had its cities, like the City of Tiers.

The more I look at it, the more durthu definitely fits the bill better than the drakesworn templar, primarily because durthu is big tall and stompy and on the same base. And durthu doesnt fly.

Ah. Alright. Love the conversion, by the way!

Thanks man, im pretty proud of it. Ill show it here when i get the painting done.

going to play skirmish for the first time tomorrow. three players, im disposessed, and my friends are ogres and lizardmen. what can i expect? what should i be worried about?

You shouldn't worry at all about the ogor player. All his weapons are damage 2+ which means nothing for you in skirmish, and he's going to be highly outnumbered.

How do you even run an Ogre warband in skirmish? You MUST have a hero but none of the Ogre heroes got a point value, does he just have an Orc lead them?

I think in skirmish you always use GA, so you can mix the factions

I know that, that's why I asked if he's got an orc leading them. I'm just curious because I found the renown cost values for destruction really weird when I looked into them recently since so many heroes didn't get points and the once that did are pretty expensive.

Only plastics got points costs in the book. Any metal, resin, compendium, or anything too big didn't get mentioned in the book.

The equation is easy though for figuring out the renown costs for things not in the book

Gav Thorpe did a Reddit ama about a week ago and answered questions about Warhammer stuff.

Basically what he said in relation to AoS stuff:

-misses the old world, but understands why they did it, but thinks the launch could have been handled better
-likes the new setting enough to want to author books about it. Working on a new trilogy right now for it. Thinks it's really come into its own especially lately and has lots of opportunity for growth
-has no idea if/when slaanesh will come back
-no idea about aelves

Note he does not work for GW, and hasn't for several years, so he has no insider info on the current goings on at HQ. He just does freelance stuff.

Well than call me dumbfuck retardedbrain since I can't seem to get it. I thought it was something like "If a unit costs X points in the GH, it will cost y points in renown" but since savage orruks and normal orruks costs the same in renown but different in the GH I guess that ain't it. Is it something like "wounds*save - movement" or somesuch formula? Cause I'm too lazy and dumb to try and figure that out right now.

Renown=Cost/(Models*5) approximating to the closest integer

Savage Orruks is 120/(10*5)=2,4 >>> 2
Orruk is 90/(10*5)=1.8 >>> 2

Huh, look at that, I AM retarded. That's pretty simple. Thanks for the help. I'll see if can get some guys together for some test games.

I'm finally starting ogres.

What should I buy? Why the fuck did GW fucking discontinue crucial ogre miniatures and only left the World of Warcraft looking ones?

gutbusters or beastclaw?

spellweaver of wanderers have a bility "Ancient blessings" that lets you unbind one spell per battle, does it need to be within 18 inches or is it through entire battlefield?

>Ancient Blessings: Once per game, this model can call upon these blessings when attempting to unbind a spell. When it does so, that attempt is automatically successful.

"When attempting to unbind a spell" - so you're already following the proper rules of unbinding, which includes being within 18", it just automatically succeeds.

>discontinue crucial ogre miniatures

Which ones?

I kind of hope so, many of the old resin ogre models are fucking stupid looking.

We at the Lexicanum have been working on a Pictorial Bestiary of the Mortal Realms. Hope you enjoy it.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_Bestiary_of_the_Mortal_Realms

Neat.

You got this thing labeld as Huskard but it's actually a Thundertusk. Huskard is the titel of the Ogor that's riding on top of the Thundertusk, not the name of the mount.

sweet idea!

besides user being correct about the thundertusk, can I recommend a picture zoomed out a little so it's easier to see what's going on?

wait wait wait.
AOS has background?

Look at the OP image.

I haven't read his AoS stuff, but his 40k stuff is just amazing.

Fabius Bile Primogenitor is by far my favourite Black Library's book.

ha.ha.ha.

Now please go and kill yourself.

>borrow some AoS armies before I spend money to try their playstyles
>finally find an army I have a lot of fun playing
>It's Stormcast

It's 2017.
It's okay to be a faggot.

Stormcast hate is only real on the internet, follow your dreams!

Just bought 60 spearmen and bolt thrower for 160 Canadian dollars
Howd I do?
Gonna be a long stripping day though

Also heres my starter list
idk anything about wargear or items for the general so theyre just blank

>only the Internet hates Stormcast!

Well no shit Sherlock, no one wants to be that guy who shits all over everyone's choice of army when we just got rid of the grognards. On the internet you can hate something without directly being confrontational. Even Facebook normies are sick of Stormcast.

Fuckin gold

However, one thing will never be ok: being Slav.

This game needs a centralized book with a summary of all the fluff in it.

It's never going to shake the "bad setting", "no fluff", or "Sigmarines are just golems in suits" memes otherwise, no matter how good the setting will ever be unless they do. Nobody is going to read fifty novels about a setting they already dislike, but they might read an official synopsis that could help change their minds.

obviously i wouldn't verbally abuse a stormcast player over the table. I'd just give it no sportsmanship or painting points and move on with my life.

>Even Facebook normies are sick of Stormcast.
tell me about it

>Only having to buy 1 book instead of many
Oh goy...

this is awesome, great resource.

only things i see missing are troggoths and grots, but probably cos they have no tomes yet?

What have I just told you?
Stop being Slav.

Eat a bullet and try to reincarnate in some superior life form. Like a tapeworm, or a leech.

Or a Stormcast player.

Wow GW really needs to increase their racial diversity
Why do all these books have stormcasts on the cover? That's kinda racist.
Equal representation now please.

The entire concept is still sub-WoW levels of retarded regardless.

> celebrating 'getting rid of grognards'
> now we are free to be two faced whiny bitches about other people's armies!

Because...?

Just ignore the stormcast shitposters. Most people post here just fine, it is the ones who give the shitposters attention that ruin threads.

battletomes are the only sanctuary from them. for those of us without battletomes to read about our dude's lore, we have nothing.

Also an acceptable superior life form.
He truly is beneath everything isn't he?

AY YO HOL UP
NOT SO FAST NAGASH
WEEZ HERE TO STOP YOUR PLANS
WE BE LIKE... SOME KINDA
SOME FINNA
SOME KINDA
STUERMCAST ETURNAULZZZZZZZZZZZ N SHEEEEEEEIT

any books in Hysh and or Ulgu?

I'm genuinely curious about those realms.

From what I understand Archaeon and chaos were unable to make gains there because the inhabitants are awesome-sauce.

>inb4 it's just more Stormcast

Jokes aside, I'm hoping for some Old Ones tier Lovecraft shit with Malekith and the Shadow realm

There’s Lexicanum, but it requires you to submit a resume before letting you edit stuff

Can anyone help me pinpoint the weaknesses in this mixed Nurgle list?

Idea is to take Lord of Plagues + 3x5 Blightkings for Torglug's Foulblessed, Harbinger for the great command ability to benefit the Blightkings, and the Plagueclaw to get Epidemius' buff stacking early, and to bait enemy assassins to go after it.

Harbinger of Decay
Lord of Plagues
Epidemius
Herald of Nurgle
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
10x Plaguebearers
5x Putrid Blightkings
5x Putrid Blightkings
5x Putrid Blightkings
Plagueclaw

1500/1500

Any tips would be welcome, really.

It doesnt thats optional like the real name. Its also being changed soon.

id get more cheep guys for objectives.

Try a game with that list, then in another list drop the plague claw and use the points for a few units of Nurgle Marauders.

Then see which list worked better.

The plagueclaw doesn't hit that often and doesn't always make its points back

The plagueclaw is the clear weak link here. I would replace it with cheap high movement unit that can snag points and camp a far objective.

What are some good bits to use as warpfire projectors on Stormfiends? I want to build a squad of three but the box comes only with one.

I used some plastic tubing and the balls from fanatics to make mine.
It's not the best. But you know.

I'm guessing this is for the second Stormcast Shadespire Warband.

Maybe Aelves?

Stormcast AOS hero probably. Something something star cellestant.

Vanguard hunter used machine gun crossbow with magazine feed. Not individual arrow loaded from quiver.

Altho that look very Stormcast-iish

that hornlike shape makes me think...

I doubt it is for shadespire, considering how long in advance these things are normally posted.

I doubt it is Stormcast either, since it looks completely different to existing Stormcast quivers and arrows.

I think Aelves are a half decent chance for once.

knight-fletcher aelphcast arrowstorm

did anyone ever figure out what this was from?

Not yet. No release has that bit yet

AELVES

Hey, I just got in AOS with a buddy of mine who is running stormcast.

I decided to run Nurgle as I already had some Nurgle daemons lying around from a 40k army. Now I have some Slaves to Darkness stuff on the way, but I'm also think about adding some Clan Pestilens stuff in there as I here there is good synergy.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be great.

I just got my marauder horsemen. Awesome models. They'll become Reavers for my Order not!Dothraki. This will be my first all-conversions army.

a lot of the synergy is based around the Nurgle keyword, but some of the slaves to darkness stuff is Chaos Mortal which doesn't play nice with pestilens. Check the warscrolls for units you are thinking about to be sure. All the warscrolls are free online or through the phone app.

Hey /AoSg/ dumb newfag question here:
What is a flavorful/interesting elite army that's not BCR?
I don't particularly care about WAACing or winning that much, just a mid to low model count army, regardless of allegiance(?)

Stormcast eternals

I'm assuming by 'elite' army you mean low model count. In which case outside of BCR there are stormcast eternals and ironjaws. Both low model count armies with battletomes of lore.

Outside of that, I'd say the next tier would be the mid-range for model count, and that would include disciples of tzeentch and kharadron overlords.

Could I have Slaves to Darkness for a Nurgle/Slaves army and switch off for Pestilens/Nurgle for different playstyle?

I think its possible to make an army of just these two units because its a sub-group of stormcast and the mini-dragons count as battle-line. not sure

It does not, sadly enough.
I'd love to field a pure cavalry army of my SCE, but neither Dracothian Guard nor Vanguard-Palladors can count as Battleline.

a but yes

pestilens have a bunch of large models like the catapults and doomwheel whiles StD has more medium units like chaos warriors and knights. Rats have some ranged units while chaos is all melee.

Both factions are capable of spamming light infantry if you want them to as well, bur it sounds like you are more interested in the differences.

I'm probably gonna work on Slaves/Daemons first. Then do Pestilens/Daemons. Pestilens from what I've read is somewhat affordable to build.

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior
- Artefact: The Silverwood Circlet
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Spirit of Durthu (400)
- Artefact: Briarsheath

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
6 x Kurnoth Hunters (440)
- Greatbows
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatswords
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Scythes

Battalions
Free Spirits (90)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1910 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
You can use that last 90 points for either a small hero, or more Tree Revenants if you really want.

Upsides: Kurnoth Hunters are pretty good. You can arm them however you like, and you could have 4 units of 3 instead of what I got if you really wanted.
Treelord Ancient is able to heal the Hunters and Spirit of Durthu. Battalion lets them close in on the enemy a bit easier.

Downside is, the battleline units aren't actually that tough. They exist to fill in the battle line, and maybe to sit on objectives that aren't all that contested/otherwise be annoying.

I think they used to back in extremis but alas no more.