/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Xanathar's Guide to Everything — Table of Contents
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles

>Xanathar's Guide to Everything — New Player Options and Spells
mega.nz/#!U7RkBJrI!76abnPsumdl4qV_KnYObbDP5g7cAV4yvpJCVJlHjrUk

>Unearthed Arcana: elf elf options
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
Feeblemind the cleric is the most stupid thing you can do. Low wisdom

What spell is best for being masturbatory tool for a shy virginal Wizard of whichever gender?

Invisible servant.

mage hand

Wish-casting Simulacrums of people he/she likes.

>wanted to be Lizardfolk dex rogue scout
>literal creeping death from under a lily-pad or peering from a bush
>even make your own weapons
>blowguns suck

Why's life pain, user?

Rogue damage comes from sneak attack and not weapon die.
I'm playing a blowgun rogue myself, and it works just fine.

What's a unique idea for a warforged character in 5e? my first game ever is coming up and I wanna be an autism robot

I'm a guy who loves to suck dicks. Whenever I see a naked dick, I can't help myself but drop to my knees and put it in my mouth. Whenever there's multiple dicks around, I'll suck one while jacking off two more. I'm real fun at bachelor parties!

Now this is an embarrassing thing to admit in person, like when I'm playing D&D Adventure League games at the local store. So, what race and character classes can I play to subtly telegraph my love of dicks to the other players, so maybe we can hook up after the game?

Unseen Servant, Scrying (with magic crystal), Silent|Major Image, Invisible, Clairvoyance, etc.

Best lawful deity in FR?

>simulacrum
>polymorph
>hold person
>mage hand
>invisible servant
>find familiar
>geas
>charm person
>dominate person

Literally close your eyes and slap your finger down on their spell list and you'll find something

warforged with his entire purpose being to revive his creator

Storm born Sorcerer, play a Tesla coil robot

>The most famous spells were invented to be masturbatory aids

So which of those won't ruin her vagina for marriage?

I'm currently playing a Beast Conclave warforged.

I have a robot dog.

Minor illusion for the solf sound of moaning. Let your imagination run wild.

Please tell me you're using a ranged weapon fluffed as an energy blaster.

Thinking of playing a hexblade bladelock, but I'm having a hard time getting over the 2 spell slots for the entire campaign. Seems like it's not very fun and smites will be competing for those slots.

Is it actually enjoyable or does it wind up being exactly how I fear it will be?

Sadly no, it's a heavy crossbow.
A heavy crossbow mounted to my arm, I can't remove it.

All depends on how long the fights generally go, and how often your DM lets you get a short rest.

Oh and also raise dead, can't forget that one

Close enough.

Diviner is pretty homo

So I'm going to break down how I see this Hexblade Fluff/lore.

>Your pact was made from an entity from the Shadowfell that manifests itself in Sentient Magic Weapons (this entity could come to you in the form of a Sentient Magic Weapon, a fragment of one, a shadow, formless, or whatever you want it to look like). This entity COULD be the Raven Queen who forged the FIRST of these weapons and is using you to manipulate the events on the Material Plane for her own goals OR it could be an entirely different/new entity manipulating you for their own goals (Because the Raven Queen flavor is SPECULATION), OR this entity could be working for an even stronger creature that has their own goals and aspirations. In the end, you are being used as a weapon for whatever Patron you have made a pact with/perceive you have made a pact with.

Also

>You do not get a Sentient Weapon as per making a pact with this entity, but when you channel your will through the Hex Warrior feature to a weapon, you are using the influence of your Patron, therefore, your Patron should be able to talk/communicate through that weapon forging a pseudo-sentient weapon.

Sound right? With the way this works, you should be able to recreate Stormbringer or whatever type of Sentient Item story you want.

I've been playing it, and honestly, in my experience, it's worth it. I'm not a very high level yet, but as far as it goes now I tend to either Hex someone for extra damage or drop a Darkness and take advantage of Devil's Sight. I'm not sure if I'll want more spells later, but I don't really care too much because I'm not a huge fan of spellcasting, I played it because I wanted to play a magic swordsman, not a spellcaster who can swing a sword or a swordsman who can cast a spell

So my Cleric has a vow of Chastity and will relinquish it to a future spouse. However when we were camping near a Fairy Glade, a Fey Prince entered her dream, seduced and made love to her. Though her body was untouched, sex in the dreams is just as real to the Fey. Will this affect her in anyway? What's the proper way to roleplay this?

Pray for forgiveness.

Smites are a trap option 90% of the time. You get more milage out of damn near any spell. Slots completely come down to your DM not being an asshat. If he runs a long rest after every encounter game you are fucked. Ask for magic items like RotP and RoSS. Those help a metric assload.

Is this a magical realm? How could she failed at wisdom saving throw when she is a cleric with a vow?

disadvantage due to being asleep

Her crotch itches, but only in her dreams.

Get revenge by seducing and making love to your DM.

>So my Cleric has a vow of Chastity and will relinquish it to a future spouse.
>Fey Prince
>seduced and made love to her
Bravo. You have roleplayed a woman accurately.

>Will this affect her in anyway?
Not in the slightest.

>What's the proper way to roleplay this?
Get her married, proceed to continue to ride cock carousel in spite of marriage vows. Like how she did the chastity vow.

>looking at XGtE for indecent spells
>Shadow of Moil, a 1 minute chance to go without any clothes, is it enough time to go across the street and back before concentration fades?!
>Power Word Pain, the ultimate S/M spell.

>Invulnerability

Sweet Jesus. I suppose the only counters are Counterspell, Dispel Magic and knocking prone, disarming them and tying them up

It is concentration and does not prevent any conditions.
All you have to do is land Incapacitated on them through whatever method.

Any class, race or character, D&D 5e is diversity friendly.

>Forced to make a Will Save

Doesn't count. That was magical seduction in nature and thus counts as rape. She didn't consent of her own free will.

amanataur

What attribute bonus do avariel follow?

Depending on how rape laws work in the setting he's playing in, he might still be stoned to death

Depending on how her god sees things, she might be forgiven or be permanently doomed to hell.

I feel like Mighty Fortress should be 5000 gp at least rather than 500

Do dreams even count?

It becomes >25,000 gp if you want to make it permanent.

Combo it will sequester ;_; sleep my princess, sleep a dreamless sleep.

>this guy's

That's the author of Eberron you fucking moron.

I hadn't noticed that. And here I thought that spell was total bullshit.

>Mighty Fortress
>A magic fortress surrounded by walls
>Walls are 1 inch thick and have 30 hit points, no damage threshold
It's a fucking fence.

And?

I'd say he's more of an authority than some Veeky Forums rando.

The Drow in the art for shadowblade looks like Ainsley Harriott

What kind of rape laws does your setting have, /5eg/?

It's not a question of authority. Just because it's his setting doesn't mean it's not drivel.

Spell text: each wall is 1 foot thick, AC15 and 30hp per inch.
Read, nigga.jpg

Shit how many inches are there in a foot?

What's the worst thing that WotC could publish that's actually within the realm of plausibility?

My desire to make a joke about the American education system is high. And yet, I shall restrain myself, and settle for this post instead.

Spelljammer Campaign Setting.

please fucking god put Eberron and Dark Sun onto the DM's Guild you cunts

650-page Tome of Elven Character Names for Every Subrace in Every Setting Ever.

Does concentration spell end in suspended animation? Even if I stop concentrating on a suspended target?

Its bad and you will probably get executed or jailed for it. This exists in civilized locations in my world. In some areas, they treat certain races as second-class citizens or trash and turn a blind eye when it happens to them.

PHB2

They could do a compilation of real names by countries and ethnicities that do not exist in the game world. so could be worse.

Rude!

I'm sorry, where is your amazing, published setting?

>Its bad and you will probably get executed or jailed for it.
Jailed and executed for being raped? Thats rough buddy.

>hurrr look at me i'm D&D with spaceships and funny hippo men and so random!! XD giant hamsters

fuck off

The real problem will come up when she becomes dream-pregnant with dream-child, and the Fey come for her dream-baby. Is your cleric pro-dream-life, or pro-dream-choice?

That rape and a fey crossing the vow made to a god. I am sure the fey is double fuck. And you are as well if you don't repent, sister. Just tell it to your spouse when he asked.

RUDE!!!

You have to be at least 18 to post on Veeky Forums.

You're the one who thinks they know material better than the person who created it.

No? I never remotely claimed anything like that. I was, in fact, criticizing the fact that warforged "have" to choose a gender, despite that being retarded and serving no purpose, much like yourself.

You then took the fallacy train from "I don't know what death of the author is" to "critics must have their own published setting for their opinions to be valid."

With Xanathar's, does anyone else feel like WotC did a good job on magic item creation from the original UA? I'm just thankful they reduced the number of workweeks down for higher tiers, especially considering the UA version needed a level 20 demi-god of crafting to spend over 9 years to make a Legendary item.

Multiple people have responded to you, defensive user. You know what else serves know purpose? A Warforged's sense of smell, or their ability to taste. They're /living/ constructs, and approach questions of identity just like any other mortal does.

Also, I'm sure plenty of 'forged are agender, and happily use they or it pronouns.

If they aren't on their home plane, undead are sent to the Shadowfell, and fey are sent to the Feywild.
Since when did the Shadowfeel become the plane of undead. What happen to the negative energy plane?

Is that all you can object to?

Watashi pronoun using warforge when?

>weeaboo warforged who became obsessed with the hobgoblins he fought alongside
HONOR AND A PENIS!

How do I play a Fighter with high mental stats? I want to me the smart guy Fighter.

A warforged who identifies as an attack helicopter, and looks like one.

>Warforged battlerager
>spins his helicopter blades and THWOOP THWOOPs in combat.

It's amazing how such a simple post can display such immense stupidity.

>tfw the Warlord is gone and never coming back

i miss the best class

Smell and taste are super-useful, though. Smell is great for tracking stuff as well as detecting danger. If humans could smell methane, natural gas would be significantly less dangerous. High methane buildup (from manure etc) can be quite fatal.

uuuuh

Maybe you can get shillelagh somehow and attack with wisdom?

I don't even care about Warlord, even though I would like one. I just want a way to be smart without having to gimp myself.

Just don't be stupid, position yourself where you are needed, use choke point or make your own. Resist a lot of magical effect too.

Let's say there is a freshly made Lich. The party knew this person before they discovered the secrets and have been keeping tabs on him very quietly. They've just recently found out he's changed, gone through some sort of transformation. They are unsure exactly what. This new Lich knows they know he's changed, but that is it.

His relations with them were shaky at best. What is his first course of action? Run and hide? Begin preparations in case of a major attack? Find new, unaligned hirelings to try to weaken the party and get them distracted? Ward the fuck out of his hideout in the mountains?

At least I'm not severely autistic, buddy.

There isn't really a lot of support for this mechanically without multiclassing to rogue, unfortunately.

If you want to RP, though, there's nothing stopping you from being a Sun Tzu or Khalid ibn al-Walid while also wrecking face with a broadsword. You can be the strategist and planner for schemes both in and out of combat.

Hey everybody, look who's here!

The only character that has any use for it is an Eldritch Knight.

...hm, maybe get Warcaster and pick up some melee cantrips like Shocking Grasp so you can use your Int in melee? It'd be pretty gimmicky but maybe it's something.

inb4 severely screeching