Unstable: The Legend Continues

LR Cast revealed a few new cards. Looks like we have a character here.

Squirrels might be golgari?

Rolling dice seems to be a theme, if you didn't catch on. Maybe there's some synergy in here with Sword of D&D.

A few highlights from earlier.

Errata'd such that you have to reveal the number of letters and the position of correctly guessed letters. Combos with R&D's Secret Lair.

I hope I can draft this guy and put my Scrabble skills to use.

Bees genetically spliced with bees. Bee-bees.

An adorable but highly inefficient power source.

I'm curious what drafting this set will be like since the contraption deck is separate from your regular deck. What if you take too many contraptions and don't have enough regular cards to fill out a draft deck?

No such thing as "not enough cards". Have fun playing with 30 basic lands though

Is this real life?
I have not been interested in mtg since RTR but this shit is a pre release i am going to

Wait, no. They fucked over contraptions?
Fuck it, i am not coming back after all

>Unstable
>Pre-release

Unhinged had a prerelease.

Unstable doesn't.

SO FUNNAY

LE RANDOM SQUIRREL CHEESE SPORK FOR T3H EPIC WINZ0R

fucking kill me now

Le ebin Rick and Morty set is going to do well with Magic's primary audience.

You get a Draft Weekend for this. Assuming your store scheduled the event. Mine didn't and I don't blame them because even if they improved by making an actual draft format it's still going to strain a store's babysitting skills to the extreme. It seems like Wizards this time around made a mechanically sound set, which is an improvement from previous Un-sets which flagrantly had cards that were akin to cheating but even without "cheating" cards nobody is going to understand that this is one event where there should be absolutely no judge calls.

I mean it should go without saying that any problem that occurs should be dealt with in a friendly manner between the players but we all know that's more likely to not happen than happen. My store learned from the nightmare that was Conspiracy and Conspiracy 2, it's simply not worth the hassle dealing with people who fail to do a little it of prep as to understanding how the new mechanics work.

The factions have already been confirmed to be ally colored and squirrels have already been confirmed to not be a faction. That's just a random squirrel in the UB Frankenstein faction.

>My store learned from the nightmare that was Conspiracy and Conspiracy 2, it's simply not worth the hassle dealing with people who fail to do a little it of prep as to understanding how the new mechanics work.
So your store just doesn't run drafts? Are you sure it's an lgs and not a retard wrangling ranch?

I'm so glad that in this joke set instead of having like, actual crafted jokes (Bronze Calendar, Mana Flair) we get this bullshit straight out of the year 2007.

2 new spoilers out

Mmm. I like these.

Reference to Stroke of Genius.

Wall of Fortune is exactly that style of joke though.

honestly what a stupid pointless set

I was almost about to complain that this was an obvious fake since they didn't even capitalize the first letter of the rules text.

Aren't you a jolly lot?

its just a waste of a product slot that could have gone to something actually good, same with that absolutely idiotic catan knock off

The board game isn't like Catan at all, it just uses hexes.

Really throws you off, right?

At least explorers has actually good cards in them. The new unset has nothing of value. even the lands are barely worth anything.

Is this supposed to be a play on Stroke of Genius?

Chandra would love this plane.

I said that. And yes. Art and flavor text and effect line up.

Maybe I should give that reading thing a try one day.

>fullart basics in every pack
>foil tokens in every pack
>mechanically sound set that's fun to draft
>"waaah no value"
Just don't buy it then holy fuck.

As has been said and proven with Expeditions, wizards can literally put hundred dollar bills in booster packs and players will still complain

Heroclix knockoff then.

Outside this set, what watermark is best to name? Planeswalkers symbol? Gruul?

No sense arguing with Veeky Forums curmudgeons. This set will have some duds no doubt, but they are looking at the set through a lens.

I don't want a hundred dollar bill, I want a good game.

>Outside this set, what watermark is best to name?
©

Best TCG on the market. ;^)

I'm thinking the New Phyrexian logo.

FNM? new phyrexia?

Fave card coming through.

Yeah, fair. Shit was on a lot of cards.

I really wish we could do this shit in black border MTG somehow. It just makes intuitive sense, like Giant Fan. But it requires a sort of human leap in logic.

But then again, I never thought Spy Kit could exist in black border so maybe they could get it working.

This card works really well with Antiquities Block.

Dollar watermark. Attack with Ben Franklin.

>Oh hey can i see the rules for that

i wont be buying it, hopefully i can convince others not to buy it as well so wizards will never make such a retarded set again

so how many of you guys are stocking up on legions packs?

What's retarded about that set?

hello newfriend

A tip: rhythm is probably the best word for him.

Unless that becomes common knowledge, then it becomes the worst word as people start with guessing it.

He's a big guy.

No Legion, but I have some Conspiracy 2 packs lying around for maximum overgimmick.
Everyone knows that the most OP packs for this though are Saviours of Kamigawa

>A meta on what to name your Hangman
God, I want to live in a world where Unstable sees enough play for that to be a thing.

It's fun and all that they are making an actually usable un-set, but I do feel they went too far with making it play like archenemy/conspiracy/other modes with twists.
Sure, gotcha was cancer, but I'm not expecting stuff as unusual as Fat Ass, Denimwalking or Rod of spanking, the cards feel focused mostly on the game only. Only Hangman seems interesting so far.

Honestly, the best non-Legions choice is likely BfZ/OotG or Ixalan.
Lots of Eldrazi (more than in Rise) or giant dinosaurs.

Honestly, if I pull it, I'm just going to buy whatever my LGS has, so BfZ/OGW or Iconic Masters if I want to play lottery at the same time

>Facing someone who constantly flicks their cards
>drop this bad boy

I really like it

Is the first card the leftmost or rightmost?

Why is this a un-card, this is perfectly playable as a real card.

that's up you you

Madness and Cycling are immune to this, yes?

*to

Don't play Magic then, Magic hasn't been a good game in over a decade.

He doesn't like it.

Now THIS is pod-racing

You wouldn't believe the number of converts from MtG we've been getting recently. Maybe you'll be another.

Ordered two with my big order of uncards.

You are correct, but I doubt they want squirrellink as a keyword outside of Un-.

>RoboRosewater spoiled it
This is literally the most intelligent thing WOTC marketing has ever done.

>A DIY Card

Neat

Wait, since you no longer have a hand, you cannot discard it right?

By the sounds of it, that would be the case. The way the rules text is worded implies the "program" is a separate zone that behaves like "your hand" but isn't actually your hand.

Then that means this immediately triggers hellbent.

Squirrels arent allowed in black border magic by creative.

The (stupid) analogy they uaed was its like nacho cheese on ice cream. Yeah its great, but it doesnt fit with what they are doing.

Flavor text matters.

>players can only play the first card in their program

The way I understand it, yes. Odds are MaRo will clarify it on twitter so we'll see.

Its a game for playing. Not every mtg product has to be about buying it for value.

Why does this choice even exist? Of course you choose bland so your tokens trigger.

>perfectly playable.

This card is fucking ridiculous in black border. 6 mana for a 4/4 that spawns four 2/2's whenever it deals damage.

That is also a squirrel/token lord.

That was my first thought as well. Bland is objectively superior unless you build around flavor text.

I imagine it works like telepathy but with the stipulation that your revealed hand must be in a static order so that the other ability may be tracked.

That is a fucking sexy card. Love it.

It costs 6 and doesn't do anything on etb, it's shit.

If only this was a bit cheaper, and or also triggered off ETB.

I feel like this will be removed before you can ever have too much fun with it.

Le /tv/ meme xddDD

this is your mind on edh

I'm curious why this card doesn't have a tap symbol; are they experimenting with new formatting for black-border?

Die rolls dont use the stack so the ability cannot be worded like your usual activated ability.