Infinity General: Space Lava Lightning Mines Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where sometimes really cool shit is mundane.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/31003-solved-stealth-movement-aro-los/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting rules question

Isn't this completely wrong? From the wiki about basic impersonation and moving into base contact:

> In his Active Turn, a Hassassin Fiday in the Impersonation-1 Marker (IMP-1) state declares the first Short Skill of his Order: Moving into base to base contact with an enemy Fusilier. Since he ends his Movement in base to base contact, the Fiday reveals himself automatically: he loses his Impersonation-1 Marker state and the Marker is replaced by his figure. Remember that, as a rule, all events that take place during an Order are simultaneous. This means that by entering base to base contact at the end of his Movement, the Fiday is revealed and acts as a figure during his entire Movement route. The Impersonation-1 Marker (IMP-1) is replaced by the Fiday model the moment he declares his Movement, and this affects possible AROs.

> Enemy troopers with LoF may react against the Fiday but, since he executes the first Short Skill of his Order as a figure and not a Marker, enemies cannot delay their ARO declarations.

> They may, however, choose to react with an Attack against the Fiday. The Fusilier, now in base to base contact with the Fiday, may react by declaring a BS Attack, a CC Attack, or Dodge, for example.

Fiday has Martial Arts, which grants Stealth. Doesn't this mean because the Fiday has Stealth and ended his movement in base contact:

>If the Movement of the trooper with Stealth ends in base to base contact with an enemy and declares any non-Movement Short Skill, then the enemy can only declare CC Attack, Dodge, Reset, or those Skills that can be used in Engaged state.

One says they can make a BS attack the other says they can't.

Stealth only works like that if the fiday comes from outside LOS. The rules are not that we'll written.

is this interpretation explained anywhere or is it just accepted as common knowledge?

Yes:
>A trooper with Stealth that declares a Short Movement Skill or Cautious Movement within the Zone of Control of one or more enemies but outside their LoF does not grant AROs to those enemies, even if he reaches base contact with them.

>but outside their LoF

Is it ever worth it to have 11 models with one model alone in the second combat group, e.g. a TR bot or an irregular order smoke?
Feels rough to have two orders removed from command token strategic use for taking one model too many for limited insertion.

If you have the points left over so you can fit that one last model, do it. Even if it's just a warcor it's going to have a use on the field.

It was worth it to put an AD or HD trooper in there, but with the new ruling it is iffy.

Where is this written because that's not how the rulebook writes it. There is no stipulation on avoiding LOF to prevent the enemy from using BS attacks under the rules for Stealth.

What ruling?

The one where having 1 Order group shields you from getting your Orders taken away with a Command Token. Now it feels like 11 Orders is a clear disadvantage over 10.

Unless you go second I guess

Depends on how useful that 11th dude is I guess.

Infinity N3 Rulebook p. 102. You're just blind.

No, you can't read english. There is no requirement for LOF under the bullet point detailing what type of AROs enemies may take.

There is an LOF requirement for generating an ARO in the first place, but there is no LOF requirement listed for what type of ARO may be taken.

You're a retard the way it's written on p.102 doesn't require no LOF to prevent BS attacks as an ARO. Learn english retard.

It's on p.71 under camoflaged state. There's two examples listed for entering b2b contact with an enemy one with lof and one without lof with an SAS trooper that has martial arts and stealth.

Are you, by any chance, posting from slavland?

Keep up with the program. Someone asked about the last bulletpoint of the stealth rules.
Did the Spaniards place that rule as a joke? Are we to ignore them because you are saying so?

read retard

>> They may, however, choose to react with an Attack against the Fiday. The Fusilier, now in base to base contact with the Fiday, may react by declaring a BS Attack, a CC Attack, or Dodge, for example.

So, are you implying that the example in the rulebook is wrong? Because that's what started this discussion my dear sperglord.

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/31003-solved-stealth-movement-aro-los/

Sure smells retarded in here.

I 100% agree with that interpretation. That being said, CB seriously needs to rework how they use bullet points, indentation, and other context cues like big red important boxes. This is how we get surprise shock rulings. I wish they'd do it on the wiki, but we'll probably have to wait for a new edition.

>new edition
>ever

WHat do they get from the lava-lightning mine?

Lava-lightning of course.

Lightning-lava

Thanks, I couldn't even figure out what they were arguing about until I read that. Assuming you can just run up in someones face without them shooting you, when the rule is explicitly dealing with being out of LOF seems like a really rules lawyer line of logic. It seems fairly clear to me that they intended it to be for sneaking up behind someone.

Although I still agree with this, better to word it so rules lawyers can't take advantage in the first place.

The stuff that goes into lava lamps.

I got my friend to draw my Ko Dali, it's going to be a propaganda poster. So what should have written?

"Join Combined army"
"Liberate yourselves from the shackles of ignorance"
"Ko Dali stands with us, will you?"

"Eat Shit Human Scum 8===D~~"

That piece of artwork is so 80's and western looking that whoever thought that could work for infinity was totally a part-time hired outsider noob.

N3 was avery promising edition until we realised that:

1.- Not all the profiles were redesigned.
2.- CB forced us to play using N2 Human Sphere for a year.
3.- The cleaning up the system and simplicity just worked for a year until HSN3 came up adding tons of complexity once again.

N3 without a few rules and Fireteams would be the perfect ammount of rules that this game needs, the rest is just fucking noise, confuses people and makes players leave the game to go to an easier funnier system.

That's because it is western. Infinity's aesthetic is closer to manga-inspired eurocomic than actual animu, and much of that influence is also very 80s. A lot of Masamune Shirow vibes in particular.

And hell, even if you're right I'd rather well designed art that might clash a little with the aesthetic than that atrocious 3d shit they run through a filter to masquerade as a thing somebody drew.

The less you think, the less you stink

I actually love N3. It was a huge step up from N2, and in my opinion is still the most balanced and fun game around. But their clarification and streamlining made it about 65-75% of where it really needs to be.

Where is this meant to be?

The Human Edge

>to go to an easier funnier system.

The last time i do this only makes me regret to try such sistem, because it ended up either bland, cringeworthy, broken or unfinished.

Personally, i think N3 system are still messed up less than 7e and warmachine. Its just seems to bloat more because siestas cram even the only faction specific rules into one book.

Honestly N3 for me is so much fun. The main issue I have is crits. Apart from that i think it's one of the better balanced games out there.

>Play Haqq and YJ because of the biotech shit and robo muscles
>Now Onyx come with better biotech shit and robo muscles

Why should i convinced to join the ayy lmao's inquisitoral squad again?

quick sanity check you can AD combat jump or infiltration into an existing smoke cloud and not provoke aro right?

What do you mean infiltration? You use Infiltration at the beginning of the game, before you can throw smoke grenades.

I seem to remember people saying something about how you can't jump into a smoke grenade but I don't remember if that's legit.

no AD lvl2, infiltration. Where place the model in contact with a board edge

Why wouldn't you. They're awesome. Imagine finally being enlightened

Perfectly legal and wise to do.

Actually I got that wrong. You can't combat jump in smoke, sorry. Walking on in smoke is legal though.

I'm considering trying to get into Infinity, so far I've only read over the quickstart rules. I have a few questions though; Is an all Morat Combined Army force viable?
I have heard TAGS are trash due to the existence of Hackers, is this true, or have I been rused?
My friend is primarily interested in fielding a bunch of the remote spider bots, that's all I know, are those also subpar due to hackers?

>Ko Dali stands with us, will you?"
ASCEND!

Also a version sent to Yu Jing high command that is just the poster without text but with a little dickbutt watermark in the corner. It contains an advanced code that when solved reveals pics of Ko Dali making out with a Speculo Killer and a Deva Functionary. Out of spite. Cold evolved spite.

>Is an all Morat Combined Army force viable?

Yes, but I'd recommend starting vanilla combined army on the grounds that the game is gonna be hard enough without fireteams for your first 10 or so games.
Morats kick ass though. They have a sectoral (sub-faction with fireteam rules) dedicated to the Morat Supremecy.
You mentioned TAGs though, and the Morat Tag is unfortunately just a little outclassed by the stone cold badasses in the morat heavy infantry. Why take a tag when you can take 2 heavy morats.

>I have heard TAGS are trash due to the existence of Hackers, have I been rused?

Tags are high risk high reward. Nothing in the game compares to their raw power. Nothing. But they are prohibitively expensive. Don't take a tag if you aren't going to build a list to support it. (if you do, it can rape everything. Any tag really except nomad geckos.) Even weak tags are horrifyingly strong compared to most troopers. Hacking can dumpster a tag, but you can have killer hackers and repeaters to prevent this. The game becomes about the tag.

One TAG wil make the whole list revolve around itself. This isn't a bad thing, it is just really focused and requires in depth understanding of the game.
NOT recommended for beginners.

>My friend is interested in fielding a bunch of the remote spider bots that's all I know, those also subpar due to hackers?

Remotes are quite good to my understanding. They can't take cover and die easily, but tend to have speed and abilities that infantry of the same cost could never match; everything dies easily in Infinity. Also, most factions have some sort of baller-ass faction specific attack remotes.
Not haqqislam, Ariadna, or Tohaa. Don't play them if you like remotes. PanO, Yu Jing, and nomads all love remotes and have relatively similar ones between them albeit with varying method of being baller spider-bot murderers. Combined Army goes fucking nuts with battle droid remotes. AELPH would too if his battle droid models were better.

Morat Aggression Force (all morat sectorial sub faction) is plenty strong.

You should read up on the hacking rules, as not all hackers can hack every kind of thing, and hacking is't always as powerful as I think you believe it to be. Orders are a finite thing, so hacking comes at a very real cost.

But yes, Assault Hacking Devices can possess TAGs, although possessed units have a shit statline and there are a ton of other drawbacks, the psychological factor is real.

Morats are a sectoral and all Morat is viable, you will still probably want a few non Morat pieces like doctor worm and remotes though.

TAGs aren't trash but they are more vulnerable than new players expect. They can be hard to play well needing a more advanced player.

Rems are useful and fine.

Enemy hackers can usually be easily dealt with by bringing a killer hacker or two.

>half the factions in the game have some kind of battlecrab
>they are all cute and cool I want to collect them all
help my wallet can't take this

Thank you all for the information. I'll take that into account and look into reading more of the in depth rules like how hacking actually works.

I basically swear to not buy remotes on the grounds I can't just buy one pack. And I cant just buy remotes for one faction.

They are really really really good. Almost frustratingly good. I'm starting to sweat here. Especially because crabbots have the same goddamn stats between every single faction. But every model is dope. Even haqq who hates remotes has great ones.

I even like the old OOP CA remotes, though they are tricky to find on ebay

>They can't take cover

Where does it say remotes can't take cover?

It doesn't. Maybe that user meant go prone

>I have heard TAGS are trash due to the existence of Hackers, is this true, or have I been rused?

You have been rused. Hackers invalidate tags no more than the existence of rocket launchers: They are another threat vector for the tag that needs to be accounted for. Hackers are honestly less of a threat than heavy weapons because of limited range, but they have the advantage of not needing LOS.

TAGs are however not as simple as just tossing them at the enemy, because while a TAG can easily eat a rifle shot or two, TAGs are extremely vulnerable off turn.

Basically there are three kinds of units:

Line troops primarily generate orders and can on top of this serve as boots on the ground where you need them just from their numbers on the active turn and help curtail enemy movement on the reactive turn. Most basic infantry models are this, because they can with a single order become really strong reaction troops with suppressing fire, and a rifle shot can kill an exposed unit pretty easily on the active turn just from a good flank

Reactive units are units that control space very oppressively and are
threatening enough to ward people off but are not especially strong on their own turn compared to their cost due to low armor and low burst values. A good example of this are most sniper units, as well as total action reaction remotes.

Then there are active turn units. Active turn units are extremely deadly on turn because they have high burst, good mobility, and often high armor and multiple wounds to make face to face rolls easy to win and not a big deal to lose. However off turn they aren't any deadlier than ah eavy weapon rando. On reaction burst basically doesn't matter and while the TAG or heavy infantry can eat a shot they can't protect themselves from heavy weapon order spam. The key to using TAGs well is supporting it with your other troops, preventing heavy weapons from moving in and overwhelming the unit eating up a majority of your points.

Remotes are great, and a remote focused list can do well.

However remotes are fragile, and very low points and often high SWC. This means that your list will have a lot of special guns invested in fragile things.

The key to remote usage is capitalizing on their mobility if they are an offensive remote, using them to break the spine of your opponent in a blaze of glory before it is inevitably destroyed by a stray rifle shot, or focusing around the special rules of your remote.

With engineers and hackers your remotes can be scary, and a critical part of your list. But they just won't be the majority of your units in most lists, they are a tool, and a very good one.

For example, using TO remotes supported by buffs from hacking devices you can very easily generate deadly kill zones that the enemy has to waste a disproportionate amount of effort to take out. Those remotes won't likely kill more than a few infantry cheerleaders, but they will make their points back and, more importantly, hamper your opponent's ability to maneuver and eat up early game orders, which is a big deal.

Remote fire remotes are another strong option, especially in factions like Ariadna that have so many FOs it boggles the mind. This allows you to have heavy firepower like rockets that isn't easily hunted down off turn, which is a big deal. In essence remote fire remotes give anyone with FO in your list a heavy weapon, which is scary. You still will need to mostly fight with infantry, but now your infantry, and especially camo markers, carry a deadly threat with them.

The thing about Infinity that separates it from a lot of other wargames is that your list isn't about gimmicks or focusing on a small subset of units you like. It is about a greater strategy, your list needs to work together cohesively and that means having some level of diversity. Having a 4 TAG nomad list is fun, but it isn't great compared to running a 2 TAG nomad list that has units who can support the TAG.

>TO remotes
That's TR remotes. TO remotes would be a very different thing.

Yep! Herfed it hard there.

Point is remotes are amazing, almost always deadlier than their points value would indicate, meaning they almost always 'trade up.'

But this isn't killhamer, consistently trading up vs grunts doesn't a winning army list make. Going for 2 remotes, or even more if you can swing it, makes a lot of sense, and you can even make a 'remote list.'

It is just critical to understand that remotes are basically disposable drones that your making comically over the top deadly for points value, or using to augment other units. You will need an entirely seperate plan of action to help win after the remotes inevitably go down in a blaze of glory, because despite how awesome it may seem for 3 10 point remotes to kill 90 points of guys it doesn't matter if the remaining 270 points of your force suddenly runs out of steam and goes down to the remaining 210.

I like the idea of crits being auto saves. Keeps things interesting, and then you don't have to worry about your priceless TAG getting wrecked by a stray CR shot.

If people think that's unfair, maybe it could apply a modifier to the save? -5 punishes anything that's not in cover and strapping armor.

Post your dudes/lhosts.

Anyone have the newer Riot Grrrls they wanna show off?

The only thing I have ready is this strip. But I'm working on a Krakot.

Is that a Speculo imitating a PanO helmet? Nice.

>Deva Functionary
Just because you managed to capture a DEVA body, that doesn't make them a functionary. We're hard coded to release our nanites into our processor core if captured. And if you hit us with an emp strong enough to disable them, you'll get our core as well. So you may have a body, but we know it's not a DEVA personality shard, and therefore little better than fancy CGI.

thanks user

>it's not a DEVA personality shard
This can only be a good thing.

It's been about time I get another group shot. Plus I've been meaning to fix some scratches and chipped paint so I can get all these guys varnished with my new varnishes.

To anyone in a similar spot (got cheap old Infinity blister, turns out it's incomplete and has no complaint code): Corvus Belli responded, they will just send the part.
The way I understand it miniature companies don't get rid of old moulds, they just stop using them. And they probably have a bunch of Zeros in the "to smelt" bin.

I love those spare weapons so much I got nearly all Spec Ops models and I'm considering buying an old Hospitaller just for the Multi Rifle. And I end up doing nothing with them.

However right now I'm considering adding the spare Chain Rifle to McMurrough, like so. Thoughts?
Also would you like it if they kept adding those spare bits to models that aren't holding weapons, like a spare PanO Combi Rifle or Boarding Shorgun in Icestorm for the Father-Knight? Although there's very few such models nowadays.

Don't die on me!

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolling for wip.

>nat 20

Dead thread dead game

Looks good, but I'd add a greenstuff strap for the full effect.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

Thank god we have a cube!

I have some bad news for you, Teuton friend.

You might wanna take another look at your profile.

>GameNerdz is having a 10% off sale, nice
>Infinity stuff is suddenly listed at MSRP rather than at their usual prices
The fuck are they trying to pull here?

The Exrah did this!

>Poppin off about halberds

A true Swiss Guard

Are Coordinated Orders some of the most fun you can have in this game?

Because HOLY SHIT are they fucking fun

Old CA remotes were based as fuck. I'm sad to see them go.

Same. They are what got me into Infinity in the first place. Came for the alien bio-robots, stayed for the gameplay.

At least the crab bots that are replacing them are pretty cool too. One of the better nuCA designs imo.

I'm just scared for doctor worm, because it's possible they'll make him not a worm or something truly terrible like that.

Nah, fuck nu-drones, I'm gonna get some more of the old ones and convert an E with segmented fly eyes and extra membrane-antennas.

I noticed that same thing. Was like since when does Miniature Market have better prices...? Also, they stopped doing free shipping on all orders. Thought that was kind of lame, but understandable.

Huh, thanks for saving me the time of checking out the sale as well. Guess I will buy clothes instead cause Ive destroyed all of my usual stuff.

Support your local lgs.

yeah I really love the alien look of some of the old CA stuff. As cute as the morats are, one of the draws of CA to me are all the very different aliens working together to find enlightenment.

Oh god...I never thought of them changing Doctor Worm...

>Yes, but I'd recommend starting vanilla combined army

Don't tell people this. They'll just end up with models they don't want to use.

Why is she so harsh and unforgiving?

Does she have three tits?

(((Exrah)))

Dont tell people to start with a sectoral. They'll just quit playing after 3 games. Maybe 2.

Bullshit. I've definitely seen people start this way. If there's a particularly unique sectorial they like (Morats, for example) don't blow smoke up their ass and tell them to buy the Onyx starter kit.