Dungeon Meshi chapter 39

Get in here faggets.

Aw fuck yeah.

fucking CHANGELINGS

Well, I guess now Laius will find out how he tastes.

>I must consume

Well that one's either Chilchack or Marcille perception of Laius.

Multiple Elfus.
Top marcille is the real one

>Someone thinks Laius is a complete retard
Fucking kek. "I must consume" has gotta be Marcille's. "Oh dear" is probably Chilchack and Rugged Laius is probably Senshi.

This chapter was way too short.

..."Now none of us will be virgins!"

The end.

>Laius is experiencing his doodle's life in real time
>The doodle is probably feeling the same thing
>Doodle has to constantly see and experience what someone else who isn't him experiencing the life with his friends he was denied
This is honestly pretty horrifying

This chapter was fucking gold, jesus christ

MEGALAIUS TOO BIG FOR PRISON.

This chapter is fucking amazing.

>I must consume

I'm fucking dying.

>you can live longer by eating your own flesh
>senshi's face

probably Marcille. She has stronger reactions to eating monsters than Chilchak

I'm glad we finally got some hard numbers.

Nope, you got it wrong.
The I MUST CONSUME is the retard Laius and its made by Chilchak, remember that he in fact outright mentions it in his thoughts that Laius is socially retarded.

Huge Laius is Senshi.

Gentle looking Laius is obviously Marcille because her image of him still has traces of what Farlin told her about him when they became friends.

>I must consume
Nah, that's probably the real one.

>how to cast the dark arts
>do something random
>hold out my staff
>cast it
I want to keep this Marcille

I think CONSUME is Chilchack's, on account of Chil thinking Laius is a grade A social tard. Look at how he's drooling and looking off into space in other panels.

That's just eating monsters in general, Chilchack knows the lengths laius is willing to go to eat anything. Remember the merfolk eggs.

Friendly reminder.

>Laius pondering the advantages of having multiple Marcilles

Wouldn't gentle L be Senshi, he thinks Laius is a young child that needs nourishing food to grow.

Big L is Marcille's perception, since the madman stunts he pulled against the red dragon.

but chilchak is more worried about his putting himself in danger for the purpose of eating. While marcille focuses on the eating itself.

I thkn so too. Dwarves are buffer and more rugged looking than humans. So to him a human would look like a tall more feminine/younger dwarf.

WHO'S HAND IS MARCILLE HOLDING?

Laius is holding Chilchack who is holding Senshi who is holding Marcille who is holding...

Cat ninja girl. Can tell from the bracer. Mangaka is slick like that.

asebi

i bet she'll appear to help clear up this mess.

>everyone thinks Laius is an idiot
>but instantly recognize full retard Laius x3 as fake
he's like a shapeshifter trap.

I guess they know they're too hard on him.

Just reading surface thoughts gets the whole "Oh what a moron" stuff, rather than their deeper perspectives.

You can see all the consistencies on the page like Chiliack's scarf and the other issues. It's great.

Nah, that's just his "will this elf ever shut up?" face.

Wait so does this mean blowjob face is how Laius sees Marcille? Lewd

No, that's not how Laius sees her. His Marcille is probably the one that made it into the next chapter.

Gentle L has Farlyn's closed eyes though

Speaking of details, I just realized Marcille's hair is hidden the entire time until the shapeshifters show up so we can't use that as a clue. Ryoko best mangaka.

I figure it's Sensei's concept of her.

He's focused too much on her use of dark magic, and doesn't really get elf appearances I think.

The crude spellbook one is probably Chilchac's. After all, Laius has had to learn magic, so would understand it's not a point and boom interface.

We saw Marcilles new hairstyle in the last chapter. I was very excited about it.

Hooray!

alright
right chilchack
right senshi
right marci

Or maybe, for a twist, it's Asebi's version. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if one of the fakes was Asebi's.

Good point, and you're probably right, but go look at all the pages where her hair is visible this chapter before the blackout. You can't tell if she's still got braids in any of them.

left chilchak, his eyes aren't that narrow.

Wait a minute. Isn't Laius's idea of who each of the others is the most accurate imitation?
And the imitations will act just like the way Laius thinks they will.
So the fakes are the ones that Laius doesn't pick.

my money's on:
>hair down marcille
>thicker hair chilchack
>rounder nose senshi

we already know laius's chilchak and probably senshi have already been caught. his marcille is probably the last shapeshifter standing though.

Dude the solution is so simple.
Make the dwarves cook, make marcelline's cast a spell and make chickchalks open a locked chest or something.

>cook
we're getting to that

>cast a spell
yeah, easiest way is to see who gets the spell right

>pick chest
what chest?

I think Chilchack is going to be found by doing one of his "i don't even know anymore" reactions.

How has any of them not noticed that fake ass nose?

he changes to the round eyes when making some faces like surrenderingto laius stupidity or gulping, the one with the permanent round eyes is fake

HIs eyes are also way too intense for Senshi

>Spell
Depends on the spell. Fake Marcille could pull off healing magic and probably some assorted things due to her teaching Laius.
There is no water to walk on, Fireball would be aggression and might set off the doppelgangers and no one wants dark magic (aside from those two fake Marcille's).
That pretty much covers most of the spells we have seen her cast. We don't know if she has any more but most of her other spells might require a condition to remedy or otherwise be aggressive spells.

There is no chest to open either.

Can dopplegangers inherit the persons abilities? I dont think so. It wasnt described in any setting as they can do that.
They just imitate their appereance.

they also read thoughts. Laius knows basic magic, especially healing magic. Assuming the remaining fakei s Laius's, which makes the most sense given the spellbook, it should know how to do that. Magic in this setting isn't inherent, it is an entirely learned skill, that's why Laius could pick it up in the middle of nowhere with basic instruction.

I also doubt that a shapeshifter can copy adamantium and mithril

>It was the fake marcile that gave the idea that would give her away.
Huh.

The opposite hasn't been mentioned either and none of them have knowledge concerning Doppelgangers so they could assume that they have mana and thus can cast rudimentary spells if they can pull off the prerequisite gestures. Laius is also the only one with knowledge about shapeshifters and Marcille is the only one who knows jack shit about theory regarding casting spells.
"Is just casting a spell going to be interpreted as hostile" is probably going through their heads as well because mimics are stupid.
Laius probably doesn't want to get a cut on his face, have !Marcille place her hand on his face and then suddenly have a full meal suddenly savage him.

!Senshi is likely going to blood test his cooking equipment like an idiot though because all the Doppelgangers so far have outed themselves unwittingly and his equipment is likely Doppelganger (also not explained).

The answer is she needs to cast a spell that she HASN'T cast before. Duh.

Everyone else's doppelgangers have notable differences but the dwarves look mostly all the same

Then why didn't a doppleganger take the memories of her?

Imagine what that's like. You think of a way to work out which of you is a doppleganger, only to realise you're the doppleganger.

I dunno
Sounds pretty much what normal Laius would say

But the real question is: Laius said they weren't intelligent, so are the acting out of pure memory of others or was he wrong and are we gonna get another picture laius deal?

If they're not originally intelligent, but they take on the intelligence of the thing they're duplicating, then are they then intelligent?

It's like The Thing, in that you don't even know you're The Thing.

they did, all of the are dopplegangers

whoah...

Well we'll see in like, 2 months.

each dopple thinks they are the perfect copy, they are unable to tell the difference themself

This user gets it

Update in December. I can't imagine them not getting this solved in the next chapter.

>asebi grabbed marcille and pulled everyone away during the blizzard
>they are watching from a distance how their doppelgangers autistically discuss with each other
fund it

>but they take on the intelligence of the thing they're duplicating, then are they then intelligent?
Yes, man is considered intelligent but I would in no way say babies are intelligent.

So I wonder whats going trough fake merciles mind, must be some terrifying life crushing questions. Thinking about her moms cooking and how she has never tasted it, how she will never really get to save imouto friend.

They weren't as lucky as the laius copies.

>They all get angry with eachother when they realize how autistic everyone else views them as

If that's the case, who imagined the "real" Laius? Marcille?

And then the doppelgangers get released and they meet more doppelgangers and keep multiplying into more and more caricature versions of themselves. Eventually some of them find their way into the upper levels of the dungeon and a stories of new and horrifying all consuming humanoid monsters will start circulating among the adventurers. Groups of vaguely human,dwarf, elf and halfling creatures roaming the dungeon, scavenging for corpses of monsters and adventurers alike and consuming their flesh.

When the main gang finally returns to surface they will face a really awkward situation

I think big L is by Marcile because human men to elves seem to have super squarish faces and obvious facial hair.

Stupid L is of course by Chiclhak because he has a low oppinion of everyone.

Gentle L is by Senshi because the same-face with his sister and to the hairy Dwarves humans must look androgynous.

He's knowledgeable on a verifiable topic that no one else in his party has a deep understanding of.

The "reals" are how the person perceives themselves.

that's dumb, they would be overdone and too perfect then.

Why would there be two good spellbooks?

>Laius thinks that Senshi's helmet is actually his head

Every chapter I tell myself I'll keep an eye out for details and then I wind up missing something big like this.

Because someone other than Marcille has a deep understanding of magic. It's Senshi by the way

>Laius thinks that Senshi's helmet is actually his head
Can't be.
He's actually worn it.

Nah, his reaction that page confirms it. Even having worn Senshi's helmet he still can't not imagine senshi without it.