warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=y_yLYJwpFJM[Open]

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
>epub
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz
>pdf
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3UVFyR0u
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for guard

Third for Tau.

Second for the First

THE FORCES OF CHAOS miss the opportunity, as per usual.

Thread already ruined, tg cant count to three

Can someone share Rise of the Ynnari: Ghost Warrior?

7th for Nurgle

>assault cannon
>is a heavy weapon

>aquila macro cannon
>is a heavy weapon

Who's the guy on the right?

Question. In DoW, DC. As Tau. Would you say it's viable to build to drone harbs, set a rally point and spam drones? I mean, they literally cost nothing. And they take any unit slots up.

How do I stop Ork fuckers from rushing en masse?

Sure, here you go.
>

The main star of the movie The Cuckold.

Guardsmen,Tau and Marine in melee
I3
>I2 will attack third
>thunderhammer I1

The Visarch aka some dumb eldar fag

Jimmy Broadway.

So in Nucromunda why do Juves get skills but Gangers dont? Aren't Gangers supposed to be better?

Sure

Jesus fucking christ dude take your "redpill" and fuck off to /pol/.

King of Cuckold, Lord of Friendzone.

This guy.

the dark eldar are a race of slave making soul eating piratical douchebags living in a city of impossible dimensions called commoragh.

in the lore they were the most numerous of all the eldar races before a recent dysjunction shattered the centre of their city and let in space hell for a short while which killed a decent percentage of the city. however since commoragh is probably the largest single city in the entire galaxy even an invasion of the legions of chaos couldn't destroy it. mostly because the invasion prompted a retaliatory invasion from a second ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SPACE HELL that achieved a kind of equilibrium with the two kinds of daemon.

they keep up these numbers dispite suffering from a condition known as chronic backstabbing disorder due to a combination of backup bodies that their souls transfer into upon death and an industry built on warfare neccessitating foot soldiers grown in tubes, its actually a mark of pride in commoragh to have been born the conventional way because of how long eldar pregnancy is.

the dark eldar are clinically insane to a man (with the soul exception of their fearless leader supreme overlord asdrubael vect) and this is reflected by how they play on the tabletop. there is only one infantry unit in the entire codex with a power armour save and the predominant armour save among commorites is no better than flakk armour (a few of them don't even have that. being female dominated gladiators wearing whats essentially a T-shirt) so they're not particularly survivable. what they lack in conventional toughness they more than make up for in speed and balls out firepower. the dark eldar have some of the fastest models in the game and are defeated only by kraken tyranids in this respect. and they have some of the best guns in the game including poisoned weapons and one of the premier tank hunters in the form of the dark lance. they're a difficult army to play but rewarding if played correctly.

TRIGGERED

What should I give a Behemoth Hive Tyrant?

Tyrant Guard with Lashwhips and Boneswords or Crushing Claws?

Hive Guard with Impaler Cannons or Shock Cannons?

Some cat I guess.

There's your average Guardsmen, the Inquisition, the Sisters, a few Guard variants and then the Adeptus Mechanicus, who are obviously the best as an army of cyborg cargo-cult space Catholics with badass atompunk rifles and spider-tanks and all the random technological nonsense in the world. Also surprisingly competent despite worshipping technology, since they manage to run thousands of factory planets and build Titans and spaceships.

Shitty meme is shitty

>Behemoth Hive Tyrant?
Wings, glands, toxin sacs, talons and scythes of tyran.

>Tyrant Guard
Glands and talons

>Hive Guard
Impaler cannons unless you're expecting a tank rush

>Fastest units beaten only by Kraken Nids

LaughingWaveSerpent.jpeg

>dead primarch edition
>no link to previous thread
>no top 5 squigs
This thread is so fucking shit I cant put it into words

>shit squig meme
Kys

That sounds pretty fun gamwise, lore is a little weird though. How are they cost wise? It looks like i can get a lot of dudes with the human factions but these guys more expensive.

Also can i use the other elf units? Or just Dark elf?

also they have the sexiest models in the game both metaphorically and literally.

and as every fa/tg/uy worth his salt knows ascetics are more important than rules. because the look of a model is usually consistant but the rules change from edition to edition.

they're pretty hard to paint though so I'd suggest starting with something easier like space marines or craftworld (now called asuryani) eldar to learn the ropes before moving on to them. of course if you're impatient GW has a great series of videos by a guy called duncan rhodes that will teach you the basics of painting minitures. when we're not memeing it up in the OP post we usually have a link to his newest video. I'd recomend watching a few about the army you like if your serious about getting into the hobby as you'll likely be painting at least as long as you'll be playing.

unless you pick tau or necrons I guess (for completely different reasons)

That's niche.

Based Deldar

a start collecting and a skysplinter box is a decent and relatively cheap jump off point

Skysplinyer has been discontinued No?

Well fuck, i was pretty set on getting humans but now these evil fucks have enticed me. Argh!!

Why talons? Is it because they’re cheap?

Every time I see this thing I can't help but think Bigband

>no link to previous thread
Ok sorry
>no top 5 squigs
fuck you

I missed the start of all this chat, are you completely new to the game or jus picking up a 2nd army? Is it for painting for playing?

I've started writing a really quick breakdown of every faction in the game. What do you guys think thus far? Am I specifically wrong about anything? I'm not very knowledgeable about most chaos factions, or how chaos daemons work while pure.
pastebin.com/3UVFyR0u

Elite armies are the cheapest. Running human infantry in an imperial guard army is one e of the most expensive options because you need so many.

2000 points costs about 400 CAD if you buy from GW for DE, give or take 100 (source: I bought mine from GW)

I'm completely new. I'm more interested in playing. Seems DE are not for noobs though so i might hold off on them and go with the imperials

> Miscellaneous Xenos

You scumbag

You can use any Eldar faction's units,but I'd stick to just Dark Eldar to begin with. A Start Collecting box or two and the Gangs of Commoragh box will give you a sizable army to start with for a pretty low price. You can get that for about $200 at most online retailers.

costwise they have a couple of decent deals if you don't mind selling spare archons. pick up a start collecting box (pictured here) for a infantry squad. a leader. some jetbikes and a transport just to start out. the box costs £50 for about £80 worth of models and if you can get them through a reputable third party trader you can get the box for as low as £40, giving you essentially a 50% discount on some of the bare essentials.

after that you'll wanna assemble the things and pick up the index online to read up on options. kabalites are pretty good at killing medium infantry and can do pretty good at putting the hurt on heavy models depending on how you kit them out. reaver jetbikes are super fast assault skirmishers that are really good at bullying vulnerable ranged squads due to being jetbikes. and pretty tough by deldar standards. the archons a cheap HQ who can be kitted out for fighting if you want, but its not his specialty by any stretch. and the raider itself is one of the games better transports and can be kitted out for hunting light vehicles or heavy infantry depending on what you need.

after that if you decide you like the rules and the look of them I'd suggest picking up another box to get the two troops and transports sorted. sell the spare archon online or equip him differently as an alt loadout as you wish then stick the two reaver squads together. you'll have a decent list for small (~500) point games and should be able to have a little fun. you'll wanna pick up a venom for the archon though. unlike the craftworlders we don't get transport space for HQ's to ride around with a full squad.

if you decide you like reavers. the gangs of commoragh kit is another option. £40 for £48 worth of reavers AND £31 worth of helions is a great bargain if you like to go fast. and hellions are suprisingly effective against primaris marines because of their hell glaives.

as for other elf units. you can ally them together just like imperials do.

You lads are inspiring me to get back to painting my Dark Eldar. Stop it.

That renegades one hit me a little too close to home.

So they ever have sales? Like for christmas or can i buy now?

>Inquisitors fall into one of 3 orders
you might want to change to "Inquisitors generally fall into one of 3 orders" because not all inquisitors are part of an ordo majoris

>Miscellaneous Xenos
Oooouh you lil' shit. But really though, I dig what you're doing so far. Nice smart blurbs without being too garbled in lorespeak, and without cracking jokes like a certain Wiki we all know does.

pure daemons tends to go either really well or really poorly depending on which god you picked.

As someone who started as dark Eldar 4 years ago when it was actually considered hard mode, you've picked a great time to get into them. They're strong now (I still do well vs codex armies) and in a friendly environment you'll be able to use every unit in the index.

You can use the other elves in your lists without penalty currently but when the codex drops you'll need to make your detachment (armies are made up of detachments) purely dark Eldar to get any bonuses.

If you'd like I can do a list of the best units in the dark Eldar index and see if you like the models I list?

No army in 8th Ed. is so complex that it's bad for newcomers. People will say certain armies are more "forgiving" or "unforgiving" but that doesn't mean the "unforgiving" armies are super hard to play, just that they tend to be less durable so you're less likely to be saved by lucky defensive die rolls.

Hi guys, doing a tyranid list to try them out, thoughts and advice?

-(HQ) Hive Tyrant with wings - pincer tail, monstrous bonesword, two deathspitters with slimer maggots, toxin sac and adrenal gland (213)

-(HQ) Tervigon - stinger salvo, massive scything talons, adrenal gland (243)

- (HQ) Neurothrope (70)

- (Troop) 30termagants - ten devourers, 20 fleshbores (160)

- (Troop) 30 Termagants - ten devourers, 20 fleshbores (160)

- (Troop) 30 Hormagants (150)

- (Troop) 3 Tyranid Warriors - bonesword and deathspitter each (71)

-(Troop) 3 Ripper Swarm (33)

- (Troop) 3 Ripper Swarm (33)

- (FA) 10 Gargoyles (60)

-(FA) 3 Raveners- teo pairs of scything talons and one death spitter each (84)

-(FA) 6 Spore Mines (60)

- (Heavy) Screamer killer - bioplasmic scream, two pairs monstrous scything talons, adrenal gland, spore cysts (120)

-(Heavy) 2 Carnifexes - two deathspitters with slimer maggots, monstrous scything talons, adrenal gland, tusks, thresher scythe, spore cysts (250)

-(Heavy) 2 Biobores - 2 mine launchers (72)

-(Elite) 3 Hiveguard - each with an impaler cannon (144)

-(Elite) Pyrovore (38)

-(Elite) Pyrovore (38)

hive Fleet Kraken

No relic or warlord trait picked, brigade, total 12cp, total points 1999

Thoughts, suggestions? Going to be up against a Salamander Marine player

>user wanting start DE on the cheap
Oh you sweet child - remember that each infantry box has 1 of each weapon

>HQ
Archon: Agoniser, Blaster - 73
Succubus: Glaive, Blast Pistol - 82

>Troops
5x Warrior: Blaster - 50
[Venom: 2x Splintercannon - 95]

>Elite
15x Bloodbrides: Agoniser, 3x Hydra - 211
9x Trueborn: 2x Blaster, 4x Dark Lance - 209
[Raider: Dark Lance - 115]
5x Scourges: 4x Blasters - 130

>Fast
6x Reaver: Agonsier, 2x Blaster, 2x Grav Talon - 244
Voidraven: 2x Dark Scythes - 169

>Heavy
Tantalus: 2 Pulse-D Cannons - 350
1998/2000
This was a list i threw together for an user who wanted a fluffyish Kabal/Wych list

Welcome to Commarragh

No sales ever, buy from a reseller.

>forgets Adeptas Sororitas

Look, just because GW will let the sun go nova before updating them doesn't mean YOU have to forget to include them in a list of Imperium forces.

sometimes they release discounted "battleforce" boxes around christmas to move models. they tend to cost £100 but have pretty big savings compared to buying individually.

we already know this years christmas bundles though. not deldar this year.

Go away this is a Deldar thread.

Are vypers good?

Seems like a great catch-all unit to patch holes in lists, fast as fuck, good selection of weapons for patching different holes, not overly expensive and doesn't look as fuckugly as war walkers

Should I order the box of 3 when they come back in stock?

>new player
>suggesting a £100 resin model that is often warped and bubbled to fuck

You monster. I love my Tantalus but I'd never suggest it as an early buy

GW puts out a limited set of Christmas boxes with good discounts, but there isn't a DE one this year. However, If you order from a third party store like The Warstore, Frontline Gaming, or Miniature Market (Or equivalent like Wayland Games if you're in EU) rather than GW directly you can get a 15% discount. This can be done at any time.

Don't you mean a Drukhari thread?

the edginess of the drukhari is what actually got me into the game after toeing the line for months.

look under Adeptus ministorum.

>implying user needs trueborn.

if you need anti vehicle. buy a ravager. need anti heavy infantry? buy a ravager.

anti light infantry? base scourges work fine. they don't even need special weapons for that so you can stockpile the sprues for later squads.

It's easily one of our best models by a mile atm

>no trueborn
>plain scourges
lolnope
Why would you want a Ravager when a squad of DL Scourges do the job better?

Replace the tantalum with 2 Ravagers and drop the VR, replace with cheaper shit like the contents of Gangs of Commorragh.

>56413962

Trueborn are easy to cheaply convert with leftover bits though

war walkers are probably better but Vypers are good if you're Siam Hann, if not they're lackluster

Thanks but i think im gonna go with quantity for now. Buy boxes with the most units

Dark eldar it is then
Bummer. Guess ill grab from a reseller then.

Does this work like I think it does? Can I take an IG detachment with my Chaos?

40k technically legal (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [115 PL, 2000pts]
>Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Renegade & Heretics)
HQ
>Renegade Commander
Brutal Assault weapon, COVENANT OF SLAANESH , Laspistol
Heavy Support
>Basilisks
Basilisk
Heavy Bolter
>Basilisks
Basilisk
Heavy Bolter
>Basilisks
Basilisk
Heavy Bolter
>Wyverns
Heavy Support
Wyvern
Heavy Bolter
Wyvern
Heavy Bolter
Wyvern
Heavy Bolter
>Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines)
No Force Org Slot
Legion
Iron Warriors
HQ
>Chaos Lord
Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Fleshmetal Exoskeleton, Mark of Slaanesh
>Dark Apostle
Bolt pistol, No Chaos Mark, Power maul
>Sorcerer with Jump Pack
Bolt pistol, Death Hex, Force sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime
Troops
>Chaos Cultists
Mark of Slaanesh
35x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Cultist Champion
Autogun
>Chaos Cultists
Mark of Slaanesh
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Cultist Champion
Autogun
>Chaos Cultists
Mark of Slaanesh
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Flamer
Cultist Champion
Autogun
Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum)
No Force Org Slot
Regiment
Valhallan
Lord of War
>Shadowsword
Heavy Stubber, Twin heavy bolter
2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Flamer Sponsons
2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy flamer

Right now it just goes poorly all the time unless you're spamming Brimstones and bringing FW Alphabet Chicken.

>he doesnt know Genestealers can move up to 66" per turn

because a ravager doesn't cost £62

I can almost buy two ravagers with real world money for the cost of a single squad of DL scourges.

we're talking purely in terms of money saving here user. and trueborn are not cheap.

besides I'm pretty sure they'll be getting models when we finally get a new codex since chapter approved has all but confirmed its not happening for a while and the GW sculptors really love edgy elves.

It's a great model with great rules but committing £100 on a model for an army you might find you hate is nuts.

I have bad luck with dark lance scourhes (bad luck in the way of a storm raven shredding 2 squads of them and a ravager in 1 turn) so I go with blasters to deep strike.

Not found a use for Trueborn yet

Id replace the tervigon with another flyrant, drop all FA to min squads of spore mines, and replace a pyrovore with a second group of hive guard, other than that jt looks salad enough

A flyer can go 120 in a turn.

>pure daemons tends to go
Poorly all the time. Unless you take Forgeworld's Definitely Balanced Aetaos'Rau'Keres and/or Magnus, He has TZEENTCH DAEMON, the Red

well, I mean how are you going to cluster tyranids/GSC, necrons, orks, and tau?

You can take a renegades and heretics detachment with your CSM. Even with the Ld aura from your dark apostle, those cultists are going to evaporate in morale checks with their 6+

My point was Nids aren't the only thing that outspeed the speedy elves

Not sure what the point of those Pyrovores are, but otherwise looks good.

I wouldn't get too excited. go watch a few of duncans tutorials on painting dark eldar and see if its something you could enjoy. because dark eldar really shine with a good paint job and its not as hard as a lot of people make out to paint them so long as you obey the edicts of saint duncan.

A jet engine can't even double the movement of a denim-thief?

imperium has by far the greatest model variety. a full half of the playable armies in 40k are some kind of imperium force, so you want an army of combined IG and SoB no one would bat an eye at it.

My biggest piece of advice for you though is build the army you want to build. This is one of the most time and cost intensive hobbies out there,and if you aren't enjoying building the army, don't play it. You'll only be wasting YOUR time and YOUR money.

Just shilling the Andy Chambers AMA

Good TAC list.
If you want more heavy firepower grab 3 more Hive Guard and slap the "shoot twice per turn" stratagem on them, 24 S8 AP-2 Dmg D3 Ignores LOS and cover shots per turn are fucking nasty.
I'm also not really sure what the pyrovores are supposed to do for you in this list.
Only other thing I can think of is getting either some Genestealers (those are always good) or swapping some stuff so you can get Old One Eye. If you're running more than one Carnifex, you might as well get him.

Jet fuel can't steal gene memes.

Looks like theyre there to fill out elites

alphabet chicken might actually be the most overpowered unit in 8th edition. he props up my statement by himself.

also magnus totally counts, he's a tzeentch daemon after all : ^)

Oh god i haven't even thought of the painting. I think Walmart had a good deal on a big paint set with tiny brushes though so at least i can get prepared.

I don't understand, are you buying 4 packs of scourges to get your dark lances? You know you get 1 with your warriors? And you can doctor the one on your raider into some arms then doctor the disintegrator to look like a dark lance too?

It's not difficult to mash up some weapons to be wysiwyg

I was going for the Iron Warriors 6" morale immune bubble, the apostle I'm not sold on yet, but he lets units reroll all hits in melee.

I'm more interested in bringing a Shadowsword to my renegades. So I'm wondering if I can take a superheavy detachment, deny myself the regiment, and take a """loyal""" Shadowsword with my rapists.

Go to /v/.

Wait then why do I not hear much about Aetaosraukeres then?

Plain Scourges are excellent, the only reason not to take them is if you're running a detachment where you used all your FA slots for reavers or blaster/DL Scourges already. They can DS and have our best non-Cannon anti infantry weapon, plus they're cheap. They're better than most of the non-darklight options point for point (a case can be made for Haywire I guess)