What to do when the GM decide to make clear that is impossible for the party to win the campain?

What to do when the GM decide to make clear that is impossible for the party to win the campain?
>BBEG is a crazy imortal sociopath powerfull enough to desintegrate all he wants to
>He is in the brink of putting his hands on a artifact capable of destroy civilizations easily that only he can use
>His army is way stronger the ours
>He has a gun that throws nuclear bombs
>The party is considered one of the stronger people at the good side, and we still, at best, in the city destruction level
>In the middle of war there's no time for training arc or magic item hunt
>Situation is so out of control that everytime one player do something fun or lighthearted it feels wrong and a waste of time

Talk with your GM, ask him why has he done that and what does he expect from you.
Or just fuck with the BBEG's plans for shits n giggles, drive him to suicide somehow and just quit if you don't like the game.

>BBEG

ugh.

Nice meme! Upvoted lol!

/Reddit/

It seems to me that your DM is just trying to challenge you and your group. Instead of whining, "Just let us win!" Start thinking of ways TO win.

Examples:
>debuff him
>catch him in a trap
>kill his army
>Offer to join his side

I applaud your DM for actually making you work for your victory, as opposed to, "Oh hey, you showed up this week for game! Guess who beat the bad guy!"

It's strange that you applaud something based off complete guesses you've made about the OPs situation

Sorry, I have a lot of bias in this situation.

Ah, a fellow DM.

>STing a V:TM game
>Player bites ploot hook.
>"Sire, can you help me?"
>"Sort of busy. Don't you have a coterie?"
>Player proceeds to do nothing with info. Bitch, your sire is doing his own thing.

If you can't beat your antagonist with violence, how about deception? Can you infiltrate and assassinate/mind control him or something?

Unless the DM himself said the BBEG is unbeatable, you're just not triyng hard enough. Ask yourself, WHAT is providing the BBEG all his resources? Instead of focusing on his hard assets, his army and weapons, focus on what's maintaining that army and weapons and use your city-leveling abilities to smash it into paste.

Without fuel for his aircraft, power for his cannon, or food for his forces, they're sitting ducks.

This

I started a campaign one time where if the BBEG could get in touch with a person physically the he could control their minds by injecting bullet-sized cartridges into their brain stem.

With a plan to completely assassinate everyone who tried to do him harm in the past and ruin their lives first, it seemed like a string of un-connected murders until one Newspaper Writer made a connection. After releasing control of the people, the cartridge would explode and destroy the head of whomever he was controlling. The newpaper writer found an unsolved case where a doctor's head had done the same thing years before and connected it to the one patient that he was taking care of. This patient had disappeared. That patient of course being the bad guy.

What i'm trying to say is you need to find your newspaper journalist. Though that campaign was never finished because I couldn't find a way to have them catch the BBEG unless the party split up or found the guy's original body. I always imagined it as a TV show anyways, and would have prefered it be in some form of graphic medium. But point is, I never finished that campaign so maybe I should just shut up.

>OP here
He gets his ressouces stealing stuff from alternatives timelines. The canon uses people's souls as ammunition and the BBEG pretty much is invincible.
Oh yes, he can control people's minds too

Have you tried just beating the shit out of the DM?

Literally what's even the point.

>He gets his ressouces stealing stuff from alternatives timelines.
Find a way to get those timelines involved. No one likes their shit stolen.

That doesn't sound doable considering they're pressed for time and in the middle of a large war. Traveling/communicating with alternate timelines seems like it would be hard enough even during times of prosperity.

can you destroy the means in which he accesses over worlds

Well you can do as the board suggests and try to convince your GM otherwise, try to mutiny against your GM by fighting the story, or quit. Otherwise you could try and Imperial Guard it up and die as heroically as possible, fighting the inevitable, and try and have a good time with good characterization on the part of the party.

Do the smart thing, join his side. He's clearly going to win, so join him on his quest for whatever reason he wants to destroy civilizations?

I think it's quite possible he's planning to pull some deus ex machina out of the ass to let you win in a "dramatic" way

I'd try taking his gun and/or artifact away from him.

>Situation is so out of control that everytime one player do something fun or lighthearted it feels wrong and a waste of time
You have actual stakes in the campaign now instead of just screwing around aimlessly for 15 sessions. Embrace it.

GM makes sure that he hates every deus ex machina because in the last campain one badly done deus ex destroy the experience

Maybe it's one of those boss battles where you have to lose to progress with the story.