Bite-Sized Apocalypse Generator

Yesterday, I spent an hour making a shitty post-apocalyptic setting generator inspired by the now-archived apocalypse thread. I figure someone might be interested so, enjoy.

> Roll 3d6

> Color:

> [1] Red: Scorching desert, dry wasteland
> [2] Blue: Flooded world, global sea
> [3] Green: Overgrown ruins, nature reclaims
> [4] White: Frozen snow, new ice age
> [5] Grey: Lifeless ash, clouded skies
> [6] Black: Empty ruins, paranormal danger

> Tech Level:

> [1] Sticks & Stones: Clubs, spears, furs
> [2] Forge & Bellows: Swords, shields, iron
> [3] Spark & Powder: Muskets, knives, cotton
> [4] Gas & Trenches: Bolt-actions, truncheons, leathers
> [5] Wheels & Steel: Automatics, machetes, nylon
> [6] Screens & Beams: Lasers, sawblades, chrome

> Tone:

> [1] Soft Comfy: Warm, safe, cozy
> [2] Hard Comfy: Could be cozy, needs work
> [3] Noblebright: Heroes matter, things are good
> [4] Grimbright: No-one matters, things are good
> [5] Nobledark: Heroes matter, things are bad
> [6] Grimdark: No-one matters, things are bad

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Post_Apocalyptic_Society_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rolled 4, 2, 5 = 11 (3d6)

Okely-dokely, anonanimo!

>Frozen wasteland.
>Swords of iron
>Things are bad but heroes can save the day!

Yeah, okay, needs more fleshing-out. Add some more tables.

Rolled 6, 3, 4 = 13 (3d6)

Eh. I’ll try.

Rolled 2, 6, 1 = 9 (3d6)

Rollan

> Blue
> Screens & Beams
> Soft Comfy

A futuristic cruise on an endless tropical sea, sounds like a less comfy CATastrophe.

Rolled 6, 1, 3 = 10 (3d6)

What should be added Satan?

>Night Lands
>With Stone Age tech
>But Grog don't care cause things are good

I'm thinking cavmen fighting against the monsters that destroyed their world and ascending to godhood and creating an era of piece for the next age

Rolled 6, 6, 5 = 17 (3d6)

Rollan for Dolan

>Black
>Screens & Beams
>Nobledark
It's basically Warhammer 40k meets Brighthammer 40k. I'm ok with this.

Rolled 5, 4, 1 = 10 (3d6)

Rolled 2, 6, 5 = 13 (3d6)

Doot

Rolled 2, 1, 4 = 7 (3d6)

Sure, why not.

> We're all stuck living on rafts and nobody can fix this because we have no land to do basic metallurgy on, but who cares? The fishing is good and the girls are cute.

Rolled 6, 5, 1 = 12 (3d6)

I like this user, thank you.

Rolled 4, 1, 4 = 9 (3d6)

last thread I rolled a 5, 6, 6. I'm hoping for something a bit more cheerful this time.

>Empty Ruins and Paranormal Danger
>Wheels, Steel, and Automobiles
>Soft Comfy

>The City was once a great place. Now it is a hollow, sprawling sepulcher, filled with the wandering gaze of hungry ghosts. Always pack a few extra snacks and a blanket, you never know what secrets the dead will share when they come face to face with a home-made sandwich and a thermos of tea.

Could use a population table
And maybe one for villains or threats

Rolled 4, 3 = 7 (2d6)

Rolled 4, 3, 3 = 10 (3d6)

Shit!

Rolled 2, 2, 4 = 8 (3d6)

Let's see if I remember the dice syntax...

Rolled 5, 6, 5 = 16 (3d6)

ROLLIN

This is just the ice age.

Literally just The Matrix, but a little bit brighter.

Rolled 2, 1, 6 = 9 (3d6)

Roll

Rolled 5, 6, 5 = 16 (3d6)

After my roll I am going to find an appropriate book/show/game that fits my setting and try to enjoy it.

Barbarians of the Aftermath, a post apoc rpg, has world creation tables like this.

Some possible table ideas to flesh out the apocalypse

>Groups
Alone - There is no one else
One - We are all all that remains and we must work together
Two - You are one of us or one of them
Many - There are several groups of people working for their own goals and survival
None - The only way to survive is to be alone and all attempts at creating groups has stretched resources too thin
False - The apocalypse was so effective because it lured people into what they thought was a safe haven

>What caused the apocalypse
Zombies - The sudden and rapid spread of the undead overwhelmed existing human societies, but perhaps worst of all was the solution to them
Others - The appearance of a non-human groups and our conflict with them was devastating
War - The proliferation of doomsday weapons always meant humanity was living with a gun to its head and the only surprise is that anyone survived
Rebellion of the machine - The artificial life that humanity created fought against their creators to deadly affect
Rise of nature - Man found themselves living on a world that had become more hostile than it could imagine
Fall of nature - We destroyed nature whether by accident or intention and only then did we truly appreciate how much we needed it

>Is the apocalypse event still ongoing
The apocalypse was stopped and now we must survive and rebuild
The threat exists but only the unlucky or foolish need worry
The remnants of what caused the apocalypse are still active vigilance is constant part of life
The threat never left you must use constant cunning and planning to survive day to day
The apocalypse is still ongoing even with every advantage you can get you don't know if it will be enough to for humanity to survive
The apocalypse will never end and the only question is how much time humanity has left

Rolled 1, 1, 1 = 3 (3d6)

Works for me.

Welcome to the sweltering wastes, where old flames continue to smolder in the forests of wood and the forests of steel, the vast interior looks like the bastard son of Mars and Arizona, and the dune seas are what's left of what was once an "ocean".

But it's fine. While life and liquid were scoured from the surface and the world cracked in its anger, the precious flowing water which humanity needed bubbled forth in certain cratered valleys and within canyons. The burnt and thirsting folk who found their way to these spots found themselves in veritable wonderlands of nature, almost as if all the world's life was concentrated in these spots as it was pulled from the rest of the planet. The tattered remnants of society flocked to these paradises. And while they lacked the resources or knowledge base to restore civilization's former glory, the rocky waste beyond puts a bit of a damper on higher education, they did what they could. Humanity started from nothing once, and humanity starts again with bountiful basins and scraps of what was once known. Tribes and nations formed, primitive tools were made in order to make somewhat less primitive tools, a few places almost figured out farming again, and something of a trade network began to form among those who knew how to find other oases.

Rolled 6, 2, 1 = 9 (3d6)

Eh fuck it adding these three

Rolled 4, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1 = 21 (6d6)

fucked that right up

Let me go ahead and fix that shit for you

>Survivors:
>[1] Last, Best Hope: 'Everyone you know' is the same as 'Everyone who lives'
>[2] Embers in the dust: Small, isolated communities eke out a life for themselves
>[3] Love Thy Neighbor: For better and worse, communities are dense enough for constant contact
>[4] From the Ashes: New societies have begun to rise in the shadows of what came before
>[5[ Promised Land: Most of the world was laid to waste, but rumors persist of untouched regions
>[6] Huddled Masses: Humanity came out on the other side weakened, but in large numbers

>Cause:
>[1] Pride Goeth: A foolproof plan to improve mankind's lot in life spun out of control
>[2] Diplomacy Has Failed: Great nations clashed and took us down with them
>[3] Death From Above: Some quirk of the cosmos humbled mere Earth
>[4] Tightened Belts: Society couldn't meet society's needs anymore
>[5] Known Unknowns: Strange beings with stranger agendas took notice of our little world
>[6] Uncommon Cold: The new plagues cut us down like scythes

>Event:
>[1] Happily Ever After: It's over, and all that's left to do is start picking up the pieces
>[2] Canceling the Apocalypse: The world stands because something holds back the end
>[3] This Too, Will Pass: There are regions still afflicted, but the worst is behind us
>[4] Don't Wake Daddy: One wrong move could see the world cast right back into chaos
>[5] Same As It Ever Was: Whatever it was, it happened before and will happen again
>[6] Brave New World: The apocalypse isn't an apocalypse, it's the new normal

Rolled 6, 2, 3, 5, 4, 1 = 21 (6d6)

Leggo

>the world is dark and fill of terrors
>feudal society
>all things are good tho and heroes are good
>because there is hope of a promised land
>and they all lived happily ever after

Rolled 2, 4, 4 = 10 (3d6)

fuck it why not

Rolled 3, 3, 4 = 10 (3d6)

Yaaay

Rolled 6, 1, 6 = 13 (3d6)

This is almost the exact same as I got last time. Reroll.

Fuck, now we're talkin.

>floodworld
>bolt-action firearms & gas technology; heavy use of leather in clothing & assembly
>individuals don't matter in the grand scheme of things but living conditions are good and the world isn't worsenng

Shit, a civilization of whalers living on the endless seas actually sounds pretty rad.
Sure, I'll expand this. Rolling on both expansions, applying rolls to the newer one first, and then deciding whether to combine results or choose preferred ones.

Rolled 5, 2, 2, 6, 4, 5 = 24 (6d6)

Of course I have to actually remember to roll.

There are rumors of land not swallowed up by the oceans. These rumors are a false hope, but they give heart to the burgeoning societies eking out an existence on the waves.
Rising sea levels overtook coastal cities. As the saltwater spread inland, the nations of Earth eventually broke into bitter war over the remaining habitable zones, wiping each other out and leaving seaborne private citizens alive to give rise to the raft-cities and whalers of today.
The sea covers all the world, but as years go by the land sinks deeper and deeper. By now it is inaccessible to humanity, and strange things lurk in the deeps, held at bay from destroying the raft-cities only by the threat of the harpoons humans have learned to keep ready. Some, though, are large or reckless enough to challenge us on the surface anyway, and while they are consistently put down, that is cold comfort to the families of those lost in the attacks.

congrats on your conan-esque barbarian setting.

Rolled 6, 1, 3, 1, 3, 3 = 17 (6d6)

Rolled 5, 6, 2 = 13 (3d6)

eh eh eh

>Flooded World
>Gas & Trenches
>Noblebright
Well, I guess I'm in a World of Warships now.

Rolled 6, 5, 3 = 14 (3d6)

wabba

Rolled 2, 5, 5 = 12 (3d6)

Let's roll.

>Blackened ruins
>Prehistoric tech level
>Things are good and heroes matter.
>But very few survivors.
>A quirk of the cosmos caused the apocalypse
>Some regions untouched.

Sounds like "Krakatoa Bottleneck: Ghost Edition."

>Flooded world, global sea
>Wheels & Steel: Automatics, machetes, nylon
>Heroes matter, things are bad
Pretty sure it's just Waterworld.

>6
>4
>1
How the FUCK can Spooky End World War 1 be COZY?!

Rolled 2, 3, 2, 5, 2, 5 = 19 (6d6)

LEt's see.

Shit, meant

Rolled 6, 1, 6 = 13 (3d6)

First Grimdark roll here, and it seems to be something about civilization being wrecked by the supernatural really hard.

Ah, so horrible cavemen in a grimdark world that occasionally run into Things That Should Not Be. Sounds lovely.

Well, war is over. Ghosts hount trenches and long forgotten citadels where people don't live anymore. Regular folks live their lives working in small factories and generaly enjoyng themselves. Only weirdo adventurers go into the scary parts of the world.

Rolled 4, 3, 1 = 8 (3d6)

A New Ice Age during the Enlightment Era? Also cozy? I'd buy that.

Men hunt mammoths with muskets, masticate mollusks and muscles while meandering mildly through midgard.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Post_Apocalyptic_Society_Creation_Tables

If anyone is interested, I made these tables for rolling post apocalyptic factions a while back. I had a setting creator table as well, but this is better than mine.

Rolled 1, 1, 5 = 7 (3d6)

Also maybe a table for "paranormal" ranging from the relatively realistic effects of an apocalypse to ghosts and stuff like Metro with mutants and whatnot inbetween.

dice+6d6

Let's go!

Fug, mobile doesn't like dices.

Rolled 5, 3, 1, 4, 1, 3 = 17 (6d6)

Breh, you gotta put it in the options field

> t. Phone-poster

>From the Ashes
>Death from Above
>This Too, Will Pass
not a bad setting, all things considered.

Rolled 5, 5, 4, 3, 4, 6 = 27 (6d6)

>inb4 discount mad max

Rolled 5, 6, 5, 3, 5, 6 = 30 (6d6)

Yeah, alright:

>[1] Grounded: The world works normally, as one might expect
>[2] Revealed: The end unearthed new, but coherent, natural laws
>[3] Weird Science: Phenomena make a strange kind of sense
>[4] The New Order: Either the universe changed or we knew nothing
>[5] The Old Blood: The apocalypse revealed ancient truths to modern man
>[6] Fantasia: Laws of Physics are more like guidelines than actual rules

Rolled 3, 1, 4 = 8 (3d6)

Let's go.

Rolled 1, 2, 5 = 8 (3d6)

Roll

Rolled 2, 3, 2 = 7 (3d6)

Rolled 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2 = 14 (6d6)

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Ebin

I hope I get One Piece

Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3 = 12 (6d6)

I hope I remember to roll this time

Witnessed. Not exactly One Piece, but you *did* get plenty of ones. Congratulations.

That's pretty shiny yourself.

Thank you user.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Rollan

Rrrrrrrrollan

Rolled 2, 1, 3 = 6 (3d6)

Rolling

>global sea
>sticks and stones
>noblebright
This is literally just Peloponnesia

Rolled 4, 4, 5, 6, 4, 3 = 26 (6d6)

Rolled 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 1, 4 = 21 (7d6)

>A dark, WW1-esque world of winter, where society collapsed, rebuilt itself, and we all went right back to fighting.

Fuck yeah, I got discount Barsoom.

That's a bit humbling to be honest.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Rolled 4, 4, 2 = 10 (3d6)

Give me something interesting!

>The Long Dark

I like the game, but I don't think it would really be that interesting to play as an RPG. I mean, fuck, what do you do? Roll to butcher deers?

So societal collapse and the coming of a great winter also caused stranger things to rise and reveal themselves.

>shitty post-apocalyptic setting generator
I like the color system concept, but instead of apocalyptic scenarios, what about utopias?

Rolled 3, 4, 6 = 13 (3d6)

Well...

Rolled 2, 3, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 2, 1 = 29 (12d6)

Rollin' in the mud

This one sounds like an tree hugger's Revenge Fantasy.

Rolled 3, 6, 1, 5, 6, 4, 1 = 26 (7d6)

Let's see what we get.

Rolled 1, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 3 = 18 (7d6)

Damn, this is boring. Rerolling.

Rolled 4, 4, 5, 2, 2, 2, 6 = 25 (7d6)

rolled 4, 4 and 4

Winter World War II. Players are random nazi soldiers doing shit after the manhattan project turned the world into a frozen tundra. Maybe they're disposable cannon fodder trying to deactivate further bombs that could bring a second apocalypse.

Also adding two clauses:

>Last thing you bought is strangely valuable in this setting
>Last movie you watched/book you read (choose the most interesting) has inspired a principal religion/subculture in the setting