EDH/Commander General

Old Fogey edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Who's the oldest commander you run?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sexiest-man-in-magic-1/
officedepot.com/a/products/212881/Office-Depot-Brand-Inkjet-Window-Decals/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-of-hyrules-lands-flow-through-my-deck-balls/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who's the oldest commander you run?
the sexiest man in magic

holy fuck who designed this card? Who would ever willingly put it into a deck

furry

>into a deck
your commander doesnt go INTO a deck silly
hes clearly a man you dingus

>Thread Question

Please post your list. For my morbid curiosity's sake.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sexiest-man-in-magic-1/
I apparently added cards without cutting some cause there's 109 in the deck
I take this out when playing with new people

Pretty much all of Van Camp's art is like that and it bugs me so much

:^)

>Lightly dampen qtip with acetone, clean off the ink of the foil card
>Try not to get any of the acetone on the edge of the card or it'll bleed into the acetone
>Don't be afraid to use up qtips as needed or you'll smudge around the ink

>Print out the card art on the window decals, you have to use laser or the ink will just slough off
officedepot.com/a/products/212881/Office-Depot-Brand-Inkjet-Window-Decals/
>Print in large batches, don't be a retard like me and print them off one at a time
>Cut the decals using a straight line cutter if possible

>Stick it on the foil blank

With the exception of the Eldrazi Titans, isn't Tazri technically the oldest being in the multiverse? She's lived countless millenia compressed into a few moments

>Actually following lore after the invasion cycle
No point

O-ok

Welcome to the miracle that was Homelands.

Post your decklists that (you think) have the highest fun:price ratio.

Let's do this early. Post 'em boys!

Guy in play playgroup won't stop playing uninteractive Bant bullshit.

How far do I go to shit down his throat? Tutor contamination every game?

Anybody remembers the name of the card recognition app that also does shit like translations and keeps track of decklists?

Learn how his deck works. Then build a deck that has game against it.

hey dipshit. im not complaining that the unstable lands are not worth more. im saying that it is retarded to open 4 dollar packs for them that dont even guarantee the ones you need when you can just buy them online for 2 dollars each

holy fuck how are you this fucking retarded

>How far do I go to shit down his throat?

Depends on how far you want your shit to travel mid air before reaching his throat.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

what up

Played 7 EDH games yesterday.

Mana screwed in 6 of them, flooded in the last.

My decks all run proper proportions of mana and fetching/draw etc. Just insanely awful luck.

I'm not happy with MTG right now.

So you just can't read and were being a moron from the start.

>"Ugh, Unstable lands aren't even worth that much."
>"Of course, dingus. You can't sell them for more than they cost to obtain, I.E., more than the price of a pack. Not until the set goes out of print at least."
>"Omg don't tell me to buy packs JEWWWWWWWW."

>My decks all run proper proportions of mana and fetching/draw
Doubt.

>Who's the oldest commander you run?
Volrath

r8 r8 r8!

Not a whole lot right now. Working on some stuff, waiting to head out to my LGS for commander night in a couple hours. How about you?

>three decks are the first decks 3 of the people in my playgroup ever made
That's super weird.

My friend made Trostani, I made Krenko and another friend made Locust God after pulling him in a draft, he only ever drafted and borrowed decks before that.

>have literally been saying the same thing this entire time
>im going to put word in anons mouth, ha that will show him

kill yourself kike

Trostani a qt, good waifu user.
How's Krenko? I kinda want to put him together because he seems cheap and easy to build and I don't have a mono red deck but I feel like it would get old fast. I love the flavor of MTG gobbos though.

>im going to put word in anons mouth, ha that will show him
You fucked up. Sorry.

How do you cheat out exprnsiveass commanders early enough for them to be relevant?

When will he be back? When will Parasite Blade be made into a card and what would be it's effect?

I filled my deck with 25% board wipes to hold everyone back until I can get him out.

Whenever Witcher becomes public domain.

At the beginning of your next untap step.

It's pretty strong both in 1v1 and multi, super fast, all the deck sinergizes perfectly with itself and 10/10 fun to play, just imagine being a green mafia jew beating the living shit out of everyone.
It's pretty cheap i believe, my local lgs has fucking nothing and i had to buy lots of FNM version of otherwise really cheap cards, so i had to spend quite a few bucks to finish it.

Also, T1 Lackey means you basically won the game.

hivemind

More like finite number of cards and lack of designspace. Its perfectly normal for such "lucky coincidences" to happen. Makes sense when you imagine all the times they didnt happen.

How come we have a 2 drop enchantment wipe, but the artifact wipe costs 2 more and is also RR in shatterstorm?

F A S T M A N A
A
S
T
M
A
N
A

Two Explores.

Red sucks.

So I want to build a fight-themed deck and was going to have Rhonas at the helm. However, now I'm thinking Gruul colours would be better and someone like this big bastard would be a good commander.

Main idea behind Gruul is Ragebeast, Domri Rade, Pit Fight and just having access to red.

Any advice?

Why is it black isn't evil in and of itself but when you mix it with the other colors they're almost always evil?

>R/B
WE WUZ DEMONZ N SHIET

>W/B
Claude Frollo

>U/B
We wuz sneaky organizations n shiet

>G/B
Edgy druis

There are no writers at wizards
I mean, they say there are, but they're so terrible at writing I hesitate to call them that

For the same reason red only gets fire n shit.

Hey, Red gets Goblins 'n Shit too.

>fellow Volrath bro
Hell yes my guy. What's the fastest you've ever dropped somone?

Is this a real question?

>proper proportion
Post list and we'll judge

I meant oldest in terms of cards/sets you mongoloid

Dont play high cmc commanders unless they pay you back, like Maelstrom

What are goblins but glorified gas cans, blasting caps, and charcoal?

I play mono red combo Krenko and muddyred MLD Daretti. Should I kill myself?

Because MTG goblins are usually fucking dumb.

>I play mono red combo Krenko and muddyred MLD Daretti. Should I kill myself?
You post on Veeky Forums so obviously

yes

Just a cozy night watchin' the dog and taking care of uni homework.

Is Ancestral Vision any good in Commander?

Building Momir Vig and am wondering if it's a good draw spell.

I would only include it if you're using mechanics like "X's Expertise", Hideaway Lands, or As Fortold

I'm glad that Legendary Tutor is defined as, in part, a White Mechanic

>Run Ruric Thar
>refer to them as "they" because they're literally two distinct individuals on one body
>greasy neckboard /pol/tard throws a fit at LGS and gets thrown out

I fucking love Ruric Thar

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-of-hyrules-lands-flow-through-my-deck-balls/

Just found this cringey shit, how playable is it really though?

what cards are essential for orzhov life gain?

authority of the consuls/blind obedience/suture priest/soul sisters in general

Wall of Reverence is often overlooked but a real champ

Looks like fairly standard Gitrog build to me, should perform fine.

So I was thinking today.

How did cards like Lion's Eye Diamond and Mox Diamond rise so high but than fall back so hard?

Is it because there's a lot more stock not accounted for by "investors" and when the card shoots up people start opening old boxes looking for them thus flooding the market with more supply?

Also to this day I still don't know what makes Lion's Eye Diamond good since I don't play Legacy.

How successful is Ruric Thar in general?
I'm looking for something cheap and fun in green or red + anything else

All of my other decks have blue in them and I'd like something that's a good change of pace that I can switch to without dropping too much in it initially.

>How successful is Ruric Thar in general?

Here's Tier 2. Power him up make him unblockable and smack people in the dick.

R/G is probably the cheapest you can go. Even if you wanted to splurge on the original R/G dual it's the cheapest by a huge amount.

Lion's eye diamond is good in legacy because demonic tutor is banned so they have to use the hellbent one

>Things that never happened

>perform fine
Its not even fine enough to wipe my ass with.

I'm pretty sure that at the very least golgari wasn't evil. Just like turbo sus.

Well if you want to be picky then I expect it will perform well enough for average tables but insufficiently for tryhard tables. The victory lines are not nearly refined enough to make it any sort of competitive version of Gitrog but It seems to have most of the makings of the average Gitrog suite.

And make sure to put in possibility storm. It makes him absurdly durable since you in order to get rid of either you need to get lucky or get lucky AND take a dozen points of damage to the face

:^)
And don't forget this for fun times.

You gotta make sure that possibility storm and possibly exoskeleton if you're not afraid of bein' hated, are the only permenants of their type in your deck though

>Even if you wanted to splurge on the original R/G dual it's the cheapest by a huge amount.

>Revised Underground Sea: $450
>Revised Taiga: $85

Does anything in Legacy even use R/G?

Thanks, this gives me something to think about. I'm kinda iffy on going voltron with that cmc but I guess if I get hated out I still leave a mark

Have a list? I would really like to see it

Yes but Tiaga is literally the only land it runs
Singular

I think Goblins run Taigas

>I'm kinda iffy on going voltron with that cmc but I guess if I get hated out I still leave a mark

He's R/G so run a shit ton of ramp

OK

Yeah, true.

Specifically creature based ramp. You wanna keep noncreatures to a minimum in ruric, Preferably no more than 10 total, not including lands

>started as elfball but that's for gays
>as he transitions the deck to being focused on phallic wurms.
OK bro.

>cast anything, usually Infernal Tutor or YawgWill
>in response, crack LED
>dump your hand for 3 mana
>either tutor up a winning combo piece or play your entire hand from your graveyard
>win

It was the "fixed" version of Lotus for a long time because it required you to be without a hand in order to get the mana, but Wizards dropped some stuff later on that makes that point moot

You can have a few noncreatures, but keep them low, especially if you're running possibility storm.

There are a great many more Wurms than the giant penis ones from Ravnica

I like how every time Wizards tries to fix the P9 people still complain their too powerful like Mox Diamond in Modern.

Only one I can think of that isn't is Chrome Mox since it was banished to the Commander Containment Zone and the ones like Ancestral Visions unless there's something I'm missing about those.

Play Shardless Agent and try cascading into it. Crystal Shard to recast it.