Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

State of the General Edition
What are the biggest problems this general faces? How can we fix them or make them better?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

anydice.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any useful trait for a swashbuckler?

Well, the first one that comes to mind is YOU FUCKS MAKING THE THREADS ON PAGE 4

>What are the biggest problems this general faces? How can we fix them or make them better?
Everyone who plays pathfinder, myself included, is an insufferable twat.

The solution is to stop existing.

Don't play swashbuckler. Find something else that fits the concept you want but isn't shit.

Well for one we have a problem where fuckheads post new OPs on page 4. We could solve it by not posting new OPs on page 4.

Generally anything you'd get for any other melee oriented martial class and maybe something that let's you face better if you actually have PB to spare into charisma.

Asking again for what kind of feats I should take for a Glaive-wielding Unchained Rogue. I've got Dex to damage and proficiency covered, but after that I'm drawing a blank.

Pirhana Strike seems like it'd be a good idea.

How are you getting dex to damage with a glaive?

there's actually a feat for that. 1pp, even.

he's a urouge, with bladed brush he can do it

That's not gonna work since I can't treat it as a light weapon. But I suppose Power Attack could work since the STR prereq isn't too huge.

Bladed Brush lets you apply Weapon Finesse for Glaives. Unchained Rogue's Finesse Training nets you DEX to damage with a weapon that can use Weapon Finesse.

Ah, splatbook material. Good stuff, I just hope your GM is ignoring the "must worship titty monster" requirement.

>not wanting to worship shelyn

what are you gay? I'd worship those thighs every day of my life.

>I just hope your GM is ignoring the "must worship titty monster" requirement.
Isn't that half the point of doing it?

I'll note that being a member of the faithful means you have a ready-made excuse to visit churches.

With Shelyn being the goddess of beauty...

I've got some relatively flexible DMs. I could probably get away with worshiping at least another god who favors the glaive like Crocell. Worst case I'm stuck with Shelyn, no problem there honestly.

>With Shelyn being the goddess of beauty
All the more reason for the rogue to steal works of art!

Why do you even need to worship a deity in the first place just to use a weapon a certain way. It's not like anything supernatural is going on in the first place.

Isn't there even a clause saying you don't need to worship a deity to use divine fighting techniques?

Scans of UW Ranger and Barbarian archetypes exist?

>TFW liberating a priceless work of art from some Chelish vault
>TFW delivering it to a cathedral of your goddess so its beauty and cultural import can be admired by many

WEEBS

> Why do you even need to worship a deity in the first place just to use a weapon a certain way.
Mechanically, because the book said so. Fluff-wise, maybe it's a sect's special technique? I dunno.

>Mechanically, because the book said so
That's not really a good reason
>. Fluff-wise, maybe it's a sect's special technique?
Given that there are plenty of other feats that suggest this, but have no such requirements it seems odd. It just seems like a retarded way of tying fluff into mechanics, like that Heal check feat that forces you to worship Zon Kuthon.

>What are the biggest problems this general faces? How can we fix them or make them better?
I'm speaking from the heart here that the real issue we have is we try to fucking grind to dust anyone who tries to be productive. Our first response to anyone creating any homebrew, be is classes, feats, races, etc. is open hostility. Anyone telling stories is met with hostility. Anyone doing basically anything is met with hostility. All this general shows is people who want to do their damnedest to make sure pathfinder dies a slow and painful death.

Fuck off, Vult.

>. Our first response to anyone creating any homebrew, be is classes, feats, races, etc. is open hostility
We don't do this unless the person in question is a "/pfg/" celebrity. Same for game stories. People tend not to give a shit about people talking about home games here.

>start a new campaign
>everyone makes their characters at home
>literally roll 15 for all my stats
>excited to play the jack of all trades
>DM tells me to reroll my stats in front of him because they're too good
>everyone else gets to keep theirs, even though some of them have 18 and 20 in the stats they use the most

>literally roll 15 for all my stats
I'm sorry your gm was a dick but that's statistically pretty neat.

Fuck off vult, our problem with you isn't that you're 'creating', its that you're an egotistical faggot who thinks he shits gold, and continually shits on -everyone else's- work.
Your homebrew is pretty fucking bad because its mostly jamming 5e into pf without thought as to why things are like they are.
This means that you're actually a -drain- on the creative people, not to mention you driving people off by jerking off about your rape and bestiality fetishes in public. nobody cares what you do alone but leave us out of it.

> new campaign
> everyone rolls their stats at home
> best I get is a pair of 16s and 14s
> some of these other fuckers have 3 18s
We were gonna roll in front of the DM, but then he got sick and told us to just have everything ready the next week. Kinda wish we'd rolled in front of him.

Aww, that would have been pretty neat actually. Might have opened up some pretty MAD options. Sorry your DM was such a dick. It's one of the few times I like rolling spells when you get oddly decent stats across the board but nothing too ridiculous.

If a creator or his creation cannot stand up to such hostility, it is only because he and his creation are weak. As such they should be destroyed as a ship upon the rocks.

Vult at least ran games unlike some people.

This is a stupid statement and you are a stupid person

Vult or IKiD or whoever you are, go be overly dramatic somewhere else. Try the WoD general, they're probably more open to this drama queen bullshit there.

why doesn't Wist ever get called out? she's in PLD too. is it just that everyone wants to fuck her too much to risk offending her?

Precedence. Vult and IKiD are repeat offenders, the rest of their group are not.

Not one of those two, but I guess I should take it as a compliment since I was trying for overly dramatic. Just saying that if you whine that people are mean on the internet, you're in the wrong place and should go back to your hugbox where you'll never get criticism if you even get responses.

Id rather fuck Vult or IKiD desu. They feel like people and one of them is actually pretty interesting even relative to real people. Wist feels like a caricature and is already taken anyway.

This is the biggest problem in the general: People who can't ignore namefags who crave the attention and this is included in the other problem: off topic discussion usually about animemes, tits and general degeneracy usually contained in /a/ threads.

Shelyn is not a titty monster, in fact the whole point of Shelyn’s Church is loving yourself for what you are.

Doesn't stop her from being the goddess of beauty and HOT AS FUCK

This community doesnt serve a function and has no state of existence beyond the discussions that happen in it. The only thing 'killing' this community are the people trying to shout down naturally arising discussions.

Tell him to go fuck himself, why would you play with someone who calls you a cheater?

Wearing that with high-heels. It's like she wants people to gawk at her.

Just god dayum

Yeah, GM is being a cunt. You literally rolled for the stats, that's like the universe telling you something. If I was playing a board game and some faggot decided that I was rolling too well and needed to re-roll just to make other feel good I'll tell them to fuck off.

My party's going to face a boss fight with Mr. Crystal Dude who has psionic powers and a decent amount of magic items.

Problem is, I know the "arena" they're going to fight him in is also very much crystalline, and mutable by at the very least Crystal dude.

I'm need some help though with coming up anything else about the arena that will fit nicely and be interesting. It feels bland and basicly like any other flat-ish landscape.

Then why call it Pathfinder General if the discussion isn't about Pathfinder? Off topic discussion will always exist frequently, but when the thread is know for it's off topic discussion then it's not really a general of the main topic now is it?

Crystals he can bounce off and magnify ray powers with.

Crystals that shift around the environment, knocking people over and dealing piercing damage.

Crystals that can be smashed in a certain direction spraying shit everywhere and doing piercing and bleed damage.

I don't play Pathfinder, but I saw a game of kingmaker (adventure path). Is it really just a kind of Game of Thrones thing or did the people playing just make it out to be like that?

Apparently it's just shit.

Kingmaker is just shit.

Kingmaker is a poorly designed wealth building strategy minigame shoehorned into pathfinder, with a silly optimal solution, build more banks.

It's pretty bad.

Tell him that if you have to reroll your average stats, that your fellow player have to reroll their perfect single stats. Or even be more fair, do point buy. I say you either trust all players, or don't trust all players.

IDK how 20 is achieved without racial attributes but you said stats. So lets assume 18 at most on 2 of the 6.
If someone can correct me, the chance to get 18 on 2 stats is 0.0318532077614264%. While to get 15 on all 6 stats is 0.000000984640042005323% just using a 3d6 roll. Got my numbers from anydice.com/ and used a binomial distribution.

It's only as good as the GM can salvage it to be and how well the GM can salvage the kingdom building.

So this just happened on the Ultimate Wilderness Product Discussion forum.

Wait I tried to paste a cell from excel into the text box just to get a number and got a weird error and did not think much from it. Then when I look at my post it shows that it converted that cell into an image...neat.

Everyone in the group is friends from high school. I want to find a way to say this too him nicely, because he always acts more suspicious of and annoyed with me than other players.

We just moved from D&D to Pathfinder about a year ago, and I feel that I'm the only player in the group who looks up stuff about the game at home. I always spend a lot of time making my characters and put a lot of thought into my stats, skills, and feats, and know where and how I'll be most useful in battle.

Thing is, whenever I take advantage of my character and deal tons of damage or boost an ally's AC, instead of saying "Woah, that was awesome" or coming up with something cool or more challenging, he says "What the fuck. I'll have to look into that". He even refers to me as a "power player" and won't let me be proficient in my deity's favored weapon (I'm an Inquisitor) because it's too strong (It's a longsword).

>Group of friends from high school.
Even more of a reason to call them little shits. Not sure how common this is for everyone else, but with my group of friends we tell each other to fuck off all the time, it's a good time.

What the fuck, this is unreal.

I have been behind but what? New class? What does it do? And based on your post, people are hating on the shifter? or there is to much talk on the shifter besides the overall product?

>Everyone in the group is friends from high school.
Apparently not good friends, if his first thought at seeing your entirely plausible set of stats was that you cheated. All 15s isn't even really good.

Its awful.

It's honestly kind of amazing how badly Paizo dropped the ball with the Shifter. Like the Kineticist, as bad as it is, elicited nowhere near the response the Shifter is getting.

What does the class do? Were there any play tests?

Play around with difficult terrain, give Crystal man Stone Shape/Wall of Stone with the crystals (that have low enough hardness that someone in the party can chop down), make tunnels and choke points, and what says

Imagine a druid but worse in every way, but with no spells and full bab!

>won't let me be proficient in my deity's favored weapon (I'm an Inquisitor) because it's too strong (It's a longsword)
ignoring the shittiness of the rest
>longsword
>too strong
are you junkies? because damn i want what that guy is smoking, must be good shit

There were explicitly no playtests for the Shifter outside of whatever internal stuff they do.

why would they do that?

We have so many bad classes, and we always assume each new one will be shit. Why are people raising a stink over this in particular? People still volunteer to play Swashbucklers.

... Because they're stupid and bad at design?

So does a monk need weapon proficiency to wield a Blade of the Sword Saint?

I have two questions about the Fabricate spell, one looking for a player's perspective and the other a GM's perspective.

The first is probably the easier one; what craft skills should I diversify myself into? I'm playing a Wizard, so I feel pretty content with just a single rank, class skill bonus, and INT mod for most craft skills. Craft skills for weapons or armor seem obvious, but what about other things like stonemasonry, locks, or traps?

Second question, as a GM, what would you let a player do with Fabricate? Would you just ban the spell outright, limit what they can do with it somewhat even if what they want to do is within RAW, or just let them do whatever they want?

Pic unrelated.

Okay, I should explain the 20 thing.

My old character died, so I had to make a new one. The party is level 6 and I'm a Half-Orc Inquisitor, so my final stats are:
STR 16
DEX 15
CON 15
INT 15
WIS 17
CHA 15

His attitude to stuff like that is "It's my campaign. If you don't like it, you don't have to play". He's made a huge world and a bunch of characters and a big story, and he's the kind of guy to have "cutscenes" of sorts. I posted a few months or so ago that I felt I never got to used my rogue's stealth to start a surprise round against significant enemies because I wasn't allowed to interupt antagonist monologues. One time a boss interrupted my attack and used a spell that removed me from battle for the first five rounds. I sometimes really feel like not playing anymore, but it's the only time I ever see my friends petty much.

He's super anal about things being "balanced", but I think he really means he doesn't want us killing the monsters he came up with too quickly. When I told him 15 is literally average, he said "No, 10 is supposed to be average. 15 is skilled."

Sure, they make bad classes, but this one in particular is just somewhat of a special case. Not only that it's the response that Paizo has given on the subject. Shifter is certainly a big part of the product they are shilling and now as consumers we can't even talk about it without getting nuked from orbit because "angst".

honestly who would claim that full BAB is even a tradeoff for full spellcasting.
Can the class at least transform into cool thing like dragons at high level?

Or an octopuss with 8 atp, now that would be pretty nice

Isn't the longsword a martial weapon that the Inquisitor would already be proficient in?

hahahaha

you think you just get to wild shape into whatever you like? Like the druid? Get the fuck out of here

No they have a list of 15 basic animals that you chose to transform as. You get 1 animal at 1st level and another every 5 levels for a total of 5 at 20th level. It's absurdly disappointing to say the least.

but the class is called a shifter

Did they played BG2 and thought that Cernd was actually good?

No, Inquisitors are only proficient in simple melee weapons. I SHOULD be proficient in my deity's favored weapon, but...

What? Why the fuck not? Were there not several play tests for the Vigilante?

Are there at least some cool archetypes to fix/help the shifter? How does it compare to a feral shifter(druid), shape shifter (ranger), feral hunter(hunter), or any other class/ archetypes that have wild shape or mechanic to imbue an animal strength or whatever? Does the shifter turn into animal or imbue the animal's strength?

hahahahaha

What, you think a 'shifter' can just change into whatever they want? Fuck you are you dumb, you'll choose 1 shitty form every 5 levels and like it, faggot

Its worse than all of those and the archetypes don't make it any better than it is

>rogue
I meant ranger, but I guess that's irrelevant.

well thats disapointing

The same reason that all the content they've produced for years has had almost nothing in it that anyone will ever use, and if it does it'll probably get nerfed. I don't know what that reason is, but that's Paizo.

could it have something to do with Pathfinder society or organised play, like they dont want power creep or something.

At least it wont be another fuck up like the summoner

I have thought about writing an Unchained Shifter preemptively. It seems like a class that desperately needs it. I have worked in the past on a shapeshifting class that I think will be roughly applicable.

He doesn't smoke anything, but maybe he should to loosen the fuck up a little bit.

You should do it. I really like what you did with Gunslinger/Cavalier. Haven't taken a look at fighter, though.

Just hold off for a bit DHB. Just wait for the dust to settle some more.

Also, generally the consensus is "just play an SoP Shifter instead"

Go for it, your other stuff is really neat

play wizards with all 10 exept 18 in int, and trust me you will outperform a fighter or rogue with all 18 in litterally everything with a little creativity

Might as well throw it out there. I think there's like 3 or 4 homebrew versions of the class already.

do it

Honestly if you really don't want to use a STR based Druid (which I get if you want something that also isn't a godlike class) then just take the Feral Hunter and give it a few more bits. It's pretty much there as a shifter class that's powerful but not too overpowered already. Just change up some of the summon pack elements (or at least make them more worthwhile using).