A new idea for elves

>Distrustful of outsiders
>Forest and/or jungle dwellers
>Tend to favor ranged combat
>Wear green
Why aren't your elves Viet Cong, Veeky Forums?

Don't know, but I could need some art of badass operator elves or similar stuff.

Because my kobolds(cute) are vietcong.

I thought you had a _new_ idea for elves?

also while we are here holding bows sideways triggers the shit out of me, when are these hack artists going to quit doing it

Bad news; every fantasy setting already has elves that you described

>Why aren't your elves Viet Cong, Veeky Forums?
Because elves are supposed to be smugly superior, something commies can't d-
>Elves are gauche caviar
>Elves are basically the multimillion Hollywood stooges who whine that the Vatican should sell all of its art treasures and redistribute it among the poor while floating around in the multilayered outdoor pools of their mansions while being served double pumpkin spice moccha frappuchinos by illegal Mexicans who are paid 5 bucks an hour
Why does this make sense?

Because I'm not some mental deficient who thinks "wood elves" is a decent way to do elves.

Yeah, they're exactly the same. Elves aren't real just like what you just described.

(You)

Because I run Eberron where elves are ISIS. They join civil wars, turn on allies so they can claim territory and build a nation based on past glories, then engage in terror attacks against larger nations and when their desert/steppe land gets invaded, they turn to hit and run as symmetric warfare because the whole goal was to bog the enemy down in a foreign war.

And it's all dictated by their religion.

Itt: The Witcher's Scoia'tael

Because Elves are usually important in their settings, and the VC were a band of insurrectionists controlled by and propped up by foreign nations that functionally ceased to exist after a decade.

>1st contact got tricked and fucked in the arse
>kingdom destroyed population slaved
>600 years later manage to get freedom through revolts
It would be a good excuse.

they still won

because my elfs are cowboys living on the frontier

How is this any different from a majority of other settings elves?

I have a more important question.
> Tend to favor ranged combat
> Good at stealth
> Have dark vision and keen senses
Why aren't your elves carnivores and predators?

Except I paraphrased Sarah Silverman, one of Trump's most vocal Hollywood critics. Try again sweetie.

came here to post this

They fit the role pretty well.

>ceased to exist after a decade.
Yeah because they won. They went back to being peasants until the Chinese invaded.
/spolier The peasants beat them too.

They already are, friend. Plus a dash of technophobic cultism.

Nah wood/wild elves are cool. Making them more primal and notgood is always an improvement.

Witcher already did this.

Wrong, our main enemy was the NVA. Post Tet Offensive the VC had effectively ceased to exist and lost its operational momentum entirely. They never recovered or launched major attacks after.

and people forget that the North Vietnamese signed the peace treaty and it held for a year after we left