Why so little club love?

Why so little club love?

Because it's hard to top The Dagda's club which is the ultimate cleric weapon.

>Can kill 9 men in 1 swing
>Revives the dead by touching bodies with the pommel

Seriously, come up with a better club, I dare you.

The Dagda's OTHER club, the one he drags on the ground.

well, I guess given even The Morrigan enjoyed taking it, I can't argue it isn't impressive.

The Club of Seals.

>Whenever it's swung a seal appears. The seal can only be banished or killed by the club.

>not The Club of SEALs
>Whenever swung, a NAVY SEAL is summoned and aids you in battle

Presumably because they're called maces when they're made of metal, and those get a passing amount of love

Because club is power.
Because club is THE weapon.
Because club is what differentiate human from animals.

That's a lot of navy seals

the only real restriction is that they vanish after the immediate target is dead and if they stray too far from the club (about a twenty five foot radius)

Depending on the size of whatever you're fighting you could still get about 1900 navy seals.
After that they couldn't fit in the circle without getting dispelled.

Correction, I forgot 5ft squares.
that'd be 380 Navy Seals.

Someone actually did art of the age of manure?

Very few systems distinguish between clubs and maces. 3.x does it, not many others.

Sounds useful for sealing demons.

>Long ago, I had a GM that did an "open-ended" yet "by the books" campaign
>Every week we would just set out with our characters and get caught up in procedurally generated adventures. It was a good way to get acquainted with a lot of published material
>My character was a half-orc barbarian that somehow got caught up in using a club. At first it was just a "until I find a better weapon situation
>But after a while, I started to grow fonder of my club that was described as "A sturdy stick etched with knobs and cuts"
>Eventually, my GM surprised me and used Legacy rules on the weapon. I can't remember what abilities it eventually acquired, but it was basically like Guts sword, from Berserk.
>It had been used to slay so many magical and evil creatures that it began to take on magical qualities and sentience
>It refused to let anyone else wield it, and would become incredibly heavy if anyone tried. It was also pretty much indestrictoble and became a +3 weapon by that campaign's end.
>I Think my character copied runes he saw in some dungeon onto it and also fixed every jewel he found onto it, so it was just this gaudy looking, jewel encrusted club.

Miss that campaign. :(

>tfw you play the first 20 levels of Dark Souls with just a club and Deprived loincloth on your first playthrough
It's a shame that +10 Club was uselessa gainst Moonlight Butterfly otherwise I'd probably have tried to run the whole game with it.

Because maces are literally clubs but better

There's no need to be so down on the financially challenged skull bashers.
We're all here to bust some heads after all.

Clubbing is soo 90's.

>the Down Syndrome of Weapons

Doesn't cost much to put some nails or studs into your stick of choice until you can afford a full steel piece. A little refinement goes a long way.

You can also put glass on the sides if you are on a budget, or have a lot of vulcan glass but don't know what to do with it. Superior edge, crappy durability.

At that point, you may be better off making something closer to a sword