/swg/ Aurebesh Screeching edition

Last Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Do you plan on getting into Legion? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teräs_Käsi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Serious question, what lists in the game have a good matchup against Triple Wookiee?

The list we are all scared of is pic related, potentially cutting a point somewhere to make one of these fuckers Lowhrick.

The problems with fighting this list are

- You cannot joust them and win with a Crackswarm unless you can pick up an engagement that is at least partially at range 1

- Their ability to eat alpha strikes is insanely impressive- capable of eating an entire deadeye torp salvo without losing a ship.

- The massive firing arcs combined with Tactician means that they will kill any Ace that makes even a single slip-up very quickly.

- Reinforce tokens are oddly immune to effects like Bullseye Arcs, jam tokens, Wes Janson, 4lom, etc. making control difficult.

What elements would a list need to have to beat the incoming triple-wook horde?

I'm thinking maybe a TIE/SF with a higher PS can try to fly past them while something occupies them from the front to deny them the reinforce? Or maybe turret spam? Or re-positioning turrets? (Superdash is back maybe?)

You are you but in Star Wars

>where you from?
>what do you fly/ride/captain?
>which era do you shitpost on the holonet from?

And I guess who is your BFF OC headcanon donut steel waifu or husbando, and what is the deal there... TIE bomberfu is mine and we love each other and missile spamming rebels together REEeeEEeee

I'd want something like a CEC freighter, turtle or a Gozanti, and ply the corellian trade routes with my droids for max comfy

I'd like to think I'd be some badass Star Destroyer captain or Grand Admiral.

I know I'd be an underpayed intern or technician in the bowels of such a ship at best.

So I'm playing a class four Droid character in a Force And Destiny game, and my whole party is new to the entire system.

What I and the storyteller want to know, is what can and shouldn't be a part of my body?
I know a blaster or melee weapon is ok to replace my arm or just be attached to it, but what about scanners or armor? Especially armor modifications? I'd love to have all these gadgets on me and running the entire time, or be accessible at least.

I also know I can take nearly any cybernetic implant no problems. Besides the biofeedback one.

Corellia
Z-95AF4 (T-65 if business is good)
Legends New Republic

I jut saw the campaign for SWBF2- the two things that stood out-

- Holy shit they do a lot of "stand in the place and defend the thing" to fill time
- The plot is terrible, and could have been a lot better if they didn't do the cliche thing AND make the emperor retarded. Something about how if the empire was supposed to be for safety, ensuring safety? IDK, I'm not a script writer. Fighting taliban-esque groups and the factions within the rebels that are in it for themselves maybe?

Going to a small store tourney this weekend, what do you guys think of my list? Any suggestions are welcome

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Harpoon Missiles 4
Scavenger Crane 2
Vectored Thrusters 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Autothrusters 2
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 39

Guri — StarViper 30
Intensity 2
Plasma Torpedoes 3
Fire-Control System 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 37

Jakku Gunrunner — Quadjumper 15
Intelligence Agent 1
Cluster Mines 4
Pattern Analyzer 2
Spacetug Tractor Array 2
Ship Total: 24

Total: 100

Blame this jackoff

That Guri costs a hair too much-I would ditch the plasmas. Maybe add EMP device?

That Talonbane costs nearly fucking 40? Normally when I see a PTL Talonbane, I ask "Why is this not Fenn Rau" but this one is even more expensive. If you are taking Talonbane and not Hel, You should be trying to actually make him not a goofy wannabe-Fenn.

Gunrunner seems fine, I'm unsure on loading it up with the mines though- Those want you to fly over stuff, and you want to fly in front to tractor it.

I've been thinking about taking the plunge into getting Imperial Assault. Before I do, I'd really like to hear what other people think about it and if there are any expansion packs that are vital to play and/or are really good to have

>steel waifu

Belator Claimed

I didn't consider EMP device for Guri, thanks for that. I slapped the plasmas on her because I had points it and nothing else to really use them for.

Talonbane is pretty much the same story as Guri: I had enough points for upgrades but not enough for another ship so I slapped more upgrades on him because he had room

I wasn't sure about the clusters either, my thinking was I could use intel agent to see where a ship was going and if it would run through the cluster mines on that turn, then I would drop them

Superdash never really left, I think.

Turrets and any ship agile enough to get into their rear and tuck in back there can probably bring some hurt. Ships which are strong vs stress also help. Maybe triple defenders, you can get in their front or back zone as needed with K-turns? You can also build out two HLC Gunboats with Linked, LRS and Crack for like 64 points total, leaves you 36 of an ace to work with. Is 4 dice with potentially double mods enough?

This list itself looks very weak to stress, Liberators cant Expertise or Reinforce while stressed. Blocking also whiffs Reinforce.

Torps aren't the alpha strike meta right now, that's Cruise or Harpoon. A 3 ATK ship with Gchips which can trigger harpoons on harpoons is ideal if they're flying in tight formation.

I'm also not sure the wook horde is as serious as people think. I get they're really gross ships in high volume, but people aren't really talking up x4 or x3 wook. Probably because they're ugly and cancerous. But always should be prepared.

An Imperial fleet entered the system last month. Governments are tying to cover it up.

I love that fucking droid

It's really up to you and your DM and common sense I think.

I wouldn't give it any special treatment though; equipment installed should be obvious to notice, the way it'd be obvious on a person. It's clear when someone is wearing scanner goggles, so it should be obvious that a droid has advanced photoreceptors. With the key benefit/drawback being that it's always equipped.

I had a complete collection of X-Wing minis right up until the Inquisitor’s TIE, which is the only pack I bought from that wave.
Would Imperial Vets or the U-Wing be a better purchase for bringing my Imps/Rebs into the current (semi casual) meta?

If you like flying aces, Stele and Ryad from Imp Vets are both fun, and defenders are one of the Imp ships that can still be part of an aces list. None of it is the competitive hotness, though. On the other hand, the U-Wing comes with one super important upgrade card (Expertise) and a ship that just isn't much fun to fly. I'd go with Imp Vets unless you really want to play with Rogue One stuff.

U-wing is basically a joke, only thing from it anyone ever uses is Expertise. There's basically jack shit you can do with the actual ship and most of the crew have like a single super gimmicky use, like Jyn on an ARC or Auzituck or Bistan on Ten Numb.

Is sw destiny fun? It looks ok, but im worried the dice jack the price up.

I enjoyed Vader+Palpmobile back in the day, and I do have two vanilla Defenders already.
Still, I am really fond of the B-Wing. Does it have any relevance these days?

>>where you from?
The shittiest part of Mandalore

>>what do you fly/ride/captain?
Mad sick Z-95

>>which era do you shitpost on the holonet from?
Only when over-nighting parts from Roche

Does the empire have minimum standards of what consists of an atrocity that would be punished?

If I'm me, i'm a guy who sits at home with no life and few friends. I doubt i'd ever leave my home planet, and at best become a cog in some factory.

If i'm better me, i think i'd like to do something like CorSec, preferably without the rampant corruption.

Are there any non-Force based martial arts traditions in star wars canon? My imperial BBEG's whole thing is that he's supposed to be a martial arts prodigy and scholar, but I realized I know absolutely nothing about non Jedi martial traditions in SW.

Further, how would you portray a character switching between martial arts styles? Just using different weapons I guess? How does /swg/ feel about homebrewing weapons anyways?

Zama-shiwo, the martial art that Chirrut Imwe practices in Rogue One

>Further, how would you portray a character switching between martial arts styles?
Make certain melee talents and actions represent techniques from different styles.

Defensive stance is a particularly evasive school of martial arts focusing on dodging blows. Talents which boost critical hits focus on very powerful, targeted strikes towards pressure points. Etc.

Inconveniencing the top brass in any noticeable way

echani styles

if you want inspiration, shadowrun got a good martial arts thing.

Teräs Käsi
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teräs_Käsi

After Endor you could probably call yourself a Grand Admiral... what kind of Star Destroyer is bae?

Me for the first part tbqh desu sempai. Maybe my life is turned around by going to the Imperial Academy or joining the Rebellion? Nope, I'd probably be thrown into a factory too

What would you do at CorSec and why wouldn't you be Canto Bight police with their bitching capes?

Does anyone have stats for an Arquitens? FFG haven't made any official ones, annoyingly.

I was wondering about current stuff- Those Gunboats can eat through a wook in a turn. The only reason they can do so though is due to Crack Shot

For defenders, they can kill you with a range1 exchange, and to K-turn and not get blocked, you need a R2 exchange, which cripples your offense the next turns. Only maybe Ryad can do this reliably.

By Superdash, I meant PTL Kanan dash, as opposed to the current LW Rey dash.

For Stress control, they can and will eat a Stressbot alive.

That's the fun thing with a droid, you can take literally anything, at any time, unless it specifically says it is not available for droids.

Armor is just your outer shell. Just fluff it as that. Other than that, all rules for armor apply normally.

Cybernetic implants can work the same on a droid, but some won't for obvious reasons.

Becoming the ultimate gadget machine is the fun part of playing a droid.

I recommend the anti-ion-weapon system as a mandatory cybernetic, otherwise all your gear is going to be shut down alongside you easily.

The only thing is that as others have said, unless you pay extra cash or advantages on a mechanics check to build them in, they won't be conceiled and anybody can see what you are capable of.

Also, you can say anything you want about Stellaris, but the droids from that game are just so gorgeous.

Try PTL Fenn, no Plasma on Guri, no bombs on Jump, and a Z95 then? That might work.

They are fairly old, so I didn't give them as much meat as something like a Neb-B, however, I think they should have a few things to them to reflect the conditions they where made under. Kind of like the old Tacoma-class frigate of WW2, unremarkable, fairly solid, made in vast numbers so they probably stayed in service a bit longer than really necessary.

I think most things should have a selling point so to speak, so I left the crew size small and it is comparatively cheap for a big ship.

>Does it have any relevance these days?
Not really. The dial isn't that good and the power creep has rose a bunch so b wings can drop pretty easily now

That's true it may. I was trying to use the k-fighter and starviper together because I just got my guns for hire box and I wanted to have some fun with both of those ships

Since my dad sells starship parts (see: airplane parts) I would probably be a starship technician myself. Born on Denon or another Inner Rim system, winding up on Kuat when the Death Star fires. Imperial/Rebel era.
I'd maintain a Star Commuter 2000 as part of family work, and we might even live in it depending on how things work in the Galaxy.
Part of an independent business, sell some stuff to the Republic/Imperials and keep the more secretive parts on the down low. My family's got enough of a conscience that after finding out about Alderaan that we might leak info to the Rebels or otherwise seriously reconsider Imperial policy. Of course, given the Imperial propaganda machine, it would probably get extensively justified.

Here's mine. I based them on the Neb B, because it's the closest thing in size and role that I could find with official stats.

Ended up very similar to I made two versions, one for the Light Cruiser in TCW, and one for the Imperial refit in Rebels.

>It is worth to get into Star Wa...

Seeing the Republic and Imperial Arquitens side-by-side makes me wonder why the Empire stripped down the armaments on theirs.

Something with Viktor (Stealth, Pulsed, Vector, Scavcrane) then?

Paint it yellow and black, yell "No shoot at ship" whenever you assign stress?

Can you target yourself with actions that target an engaged ally?

Different role. The Imp version is a pocket carrier rather than a gun and missile truck.

They might have renewed relevance with Linked Batteries though.

Reposting this from the last thread. Looking for Rebel starfighter squadron ideas.

>Do you plan on getting into Legion? Why or why not?

Yep. I'm a 40k refugee in the first place. Armada is my new and only true love, but I have a place in my heart (and bills in my wallet and time in my weekends...) for a platoon scale miniatures game that doesn't have fucktarded, needlessly complex rules. If it wasn't FFG it'd be no-sale, I care more about Alex Davey's game design than about the Star Wars IP.

I'm going in for the Empire, because I like the look of their playstyle so far, and hate painting.

They're in Armada, if you want some sort of benchmark

Here's a Nebulon B, for reference

Sheev being retardedly cruel and petty for its own sake is very accurate to his character, but having the empire listen and destroy its own powerbase at the behest of a dead man? Seems unlikely.
Also Iden's VA/mocap gal is pretty nice, it's a real shame the story substituted treason for character development.

Yikes! Who the fuck is that?

You could use my general Kithrax build if you like:
Adrenaline Rush + Cruise Missiles + Cloaking Device + Stygium + Guidance Chips + [one other mod] which for Vik I'd say Stealth Device. This clocks in at 31pts. Which means you could also take it to 32pt tournaments if you wanted.

Basically, you can give a Kithrax Stealth Device, you can give it Pulse Ray Shielding, you can give it Autothrusters all you like, it's still fairly squishy at the end of the day, so going for an up-front damage build seems like the way to go.

The plan is to go straight towards the enemy on turn one, cloak, decloak the next turn forwards, and then key in a 5k. You adrenaline rush behind your opponent (theoretically) get a target lock on somebody at distance 2-3 and offload a 5 dice Cruise missile attack up their arse.

Now, this build was primarily designed with Talonbane in mind, as if he undershoots and only ends up with r1 targets he's still got 5atk from his primaries. In that build I use Vectored Thrusters over a Stealth Device.

Viktor has potential as well however as he is less likely to get targeted because who is going to shoot at a guy with 6 evade dice at range 3 with an Evade token, and who will give you a stress if you do?

In a perfect world a Scavenger crane could work as well, but I find Kithrax still don't survive enough to get a good return from that.

>1st Corellian Volunteer Group, "Flying Nexu"
Corellian volunteer Z-95 squadron lending their support to Neimoidian nationalist rebel cells. They commonly wear blood chits with Neimoidian script that identify them as friendlies to local civilians.

>Rebel Alliance Flight Demonstration Squadron, "Red Angels"
Ceremonial X-wing unit. Formation flying, visually impressive maneuvering, and air shows are their specialty. Pilots are required to have logged in at least 1,250 flight hours and typically stay in the unit temporarily before returning to their usual fleet duties.

>Swordfish Squadron
C-73 Tracker squadron. Flying ludicrously outdated fighters, the Swordfish have inexplicably managed to rack up an impressive tally of capital ship kills, including multiple ISDs.

Yeah, Iden's actor is pretty legit, it's a shame that the plot is so generic. Even a plot about the deserting Inferno Squadron rooting out the Saw Guerras of the Rebellion would have been more interesting than a straight good guy shift.

>grow up planet hopping because parents do paperwork for diplomats
>join the Imperial Navy as a reactor tech
>wind up working on the shakedown crew of a big fat ISD
>Death Star 'splodes while we're doing some testing cruises
>"Man, fuck this job, I can't wait for my enlistment to end"
>enlistment ends early in 3 ABY
>fuck off to get a job at a shipyard
>whoops turns out nobody actually wants to hire me
Even in space fantasy I can't get a fucking job, holy shit.

So, my group got a Jedi Training Cruiser for an Old Republic game, and it seems like I may be in charge of it.

I think we're running it with standard starfighter rules, but since the thing has 6 hardpoints, what should I consider equipping it with? Keep in mind it has no guns right now.

>what should I consider equipping it with? Keep in mind it has no guns right now.
Guns.

So, the loyal homeworld mission may have been where the EAfront2 campaign went to shit. But I did love how it showed off the empire's civil administration architecture. Lots of Imperial Brutalist with some darck deco flair.

I think the odd thing is that no one is complaining about the gameplay or art direction. Its all the story and loot boxes that make people lose their minds. I'm mad about it too, but at the end of the day I'm just gonna OC a frustrated Y-wing pilot in multiplayer anyway.

Also, JSec has some fly as fuck uniforms.

whats the best list I can build with only core set and tie-fighter expansions? so just tie fighters squad.

Howlrunner and Academies I guess, with maybe some of them upgraded to random named TIEs if there's points leftover since you won't have Crack Shots.

>no one is complaining about the gameplay
After EAfront 1, I guess everyone's expectations were already low. We already knew that the flight mechanics would never match up to the flight sims or Rogue Squadron, and Star Wars vidya was almost never good at making the gunplay satisfying.

I am more inclined towards 7 fighters with howlrunner and named pilots instead of 8 academy pilot shitstorm squad

The dice do make the game more expensive. Other than that, it's a super fun game with some balance issues. FFG released an RRG a couple of weeks ago that completely changed the meta so people are still exploring.
It's a good time to start playing, if you're interested

It probably isn't objectively the best squad, but I enjoy flying a squad of named ties. They all look the same and your opponent might think they are all the same, but each of them has a special trick. There is just pure joy when that perfect turn comes and each Tie is in just the right place.

JSec?

Only if you have some kind of multiple personality disorder.

>Battlefront 2 campaign
>the Imperial hero turns evil because Empire is 100% evil and no one can ever fight for it and be a decent person

FUCK OFF Disney I'm not an Empire apologist but FUCK YOU you turned me into one. FUCK Alderaan. ALL Of those faggots deserved it. TARKIN DID NOTHING WRONG TARKIN DID NOTHING WRONG TARKIN DID NOTHING WRONG

Was thinking about adding at least a dorsal turret with quad laser cannons. Not sure if I want ventral turrets, too. Or forward firing cannons. Or missile/proton launchers.

As for attachments, I was thinking about getting the Engine Ring Stabilizer at the very least to get that handling from -1 to +1. Anything else?

From a general perspective only dorsal will leave your underbelly exposed. At least with two of them means there's no one safe attack vector on you.

so you run 7 tie fighters?

Hmm, yeah, that makes sense.

But that's not it. They were loyalists they got their Imperial-loyal planet Tarkin'd, and turned against the Empire because homeland > government. Fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if they're from Naboo.

It's literally just the Legends Alderaanian defections all over again. You might say "Cinder is a stupid idea!" or "Why couldn't they have made an Imperial campaign that DID stay 100% Imperial?", but don't try to pretend that they're doing it out of nowhere because "hur rebills r gud impire bad".

Yeah, and the whole idea behind it is retarded. As if an Imperial would target an Imperial-loyal planet. Fuck off, Alderaan was full of murderers and traitors.

>When Bail Organa, Garm Bel Iblis, and Mon Mothma formally created the Rebel Alliance, many Alderaanians volunteered their resources and lives, despite the still fresh memories of the Clone Wars. Many of the early warriors of the Alliance, and subsequently, many of its leaders and officers, were Alderaanian.

It's another episode of "I'm not even paying attention to reasons, I just want to be angry because NOT MUH STAR WARS."

We've gotten quite a bit of it lately.

You can do 7, or you can drop down to 6 if you want to stick things on them that they probably don't really need. My opponents are casual enough for things like that not to get me killed. You need to fly a few games to get to know how to use each Tie.

They would if they were ordered to by the Emperor.

Which they were.

I dunno, it really feels like nucanon is attempting to make the Empire boring villains by making sure that the only good Imperials are the ones that join the Rebellion.

>stick things on them
>using just core & tie fighter expansions

explain

Some people are really salty. I think they were probably disappointed by the game in general, so they are subconsciously projecting it to the campaign specifically.

>full of
It was politically split in Legends. Tycho Celchu came from a wealthy pro-Imp family, for instance.

Rae Sloane exists, so no.

Ah true, with just those you have no modifications to add to the Ties. No matter, the only one that I would consider worth it is a Mk.2 engine for Night Beast (that 3-bank can come up more often than you think, if you set yourself up for it). In that case you should probably just run 7 Ties starting from the top, skipping Gundark and Obsidian.

>As if an Imperial would target an Imperial-loyal planet
I feel like this happened all the time in Legends, if said Imperial planet was in the way of whatever the Empire wanted.

She doesn't count because she's a strong black woman, so clearly they're still pushing an (((agenda))).

please tell me this isn't actually a thing people have against her

They were torching their own powerbase on the orders of a dead man.

Spite is a terrific thing, user.

She's occupying a position and narrative role that belongs to someone far cooler.

I wish I could, friend. Anything that involves a non-white or non-male these days must mean that there's an agenda in its creation.

The posthumous orders of their Emperor, not just some random dead man.

>Posthumous orders from the Emperor
>To nonsensically destroy the Empire
>Delivered by droid couriers noone has ever seen before, that could theoretically have been compromised

I would have expected more Imperial officers to question those orders, leading to an Imperial Civil War - which would help explain how the Empire tanked in only one year.

With just those two expansions (assuming I had enough models) I would probably run Howlrunner + Determination, Backstabber, Nightbeast, 4x Academy Pilot, with two point Initiative bid. You could replace Determination with Marksmanship, but you are almost always better off taking a focus instead.

Start in a formation. Your enemy should go for the Howlrunner to stop the rerolls, use this fact to your advantage. On the turn you come into range consider going slow with the formation and formation breakingly fast with one or two Academy Pilots (if this lets them block the enemy). Don't be afraid to break up the formation and fight individually once it no longer works to your advantage. Unless Howl's superior Pilot Skill lets her outsmart someone, your strongest fighter for the endgame is actually Nightbeast. Keep this in mind if you need to choose who to sacrifice.

>>Delivered by droid couriers noone has ever seen before, that could theoretically have been compromised
I mean presumably the droid had the correct codes.

Let's be fair. Pellaeon got where he did after literal decades of character development. They couldn't have kept him around because in order to do that, they'd have to rewrite everything that had made him "him". He'd have been a different character in the end anyways. It's a sad fact, but it's good they didn't even try to change who he was.

Also, Sloane is one of the founders of the First Order, while Pellaeon was a big proponent in making genuine peace with the New Republic and moving past the Civil War. I don't think people would have been happy if they had had him take that narrative role.

Even if they have the correct codes, the orders they're bringing are so far out that it undermines their legitimacy. Destroying secured and loyal worlds is right up there with being told to hyperspace into the closest planet - it's the sort of thing that screams falsified orders.

If anything, I'd say that proves that they DON'T have an agenda, because they're showing how the Empire is equal opportunity as villains, instead of it being all white dudes with British accents.

Naboo was loyal, but is explicitly noted as being terrified that Palpatine would turn his eyes on it like he did so many other planets.

Considering how un-Naboolike Palpatine was, I think it stands to reason that he just liked toying with them for shits and giggles. I think being the Emperor's homeworld probably did inspire a bunch of Imperial loyalists on Naboo, but that loyalty got betrayed when they found out the Emperor actually wanted to burn them all just out of spite.