Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fabulous Orks Edition

Previous Thread: >>Beastman model thing coming soon
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Celestial Battlemage's Orb. (embed)

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
>epub
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz
>pdf
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

FOR THE DARK KIN!

What has Veeky Forums finished recently? I just finished these squigs, love me some squigs. 1/2

2/2

Got your back, battle brother!
Mon-keigh have nothing on us

This is my OOE

>terminus ultra
>Why the heck is this thing chapter restricted anyway?
It's in the name

Would you care if I ran a Terminus Ultra painted in Dark Angel colors? Why is it chapter restricted anyway?

JoJo Orks everywhere.

Really good, I’m pleasantly surprised how not covered in the little flaky resin bits it is. Sensible connections, tons of poses, it’s a damn fine kit

Only thing I don’t like is how it always comes with a shield on the arm, looks a little silly imo

>Craftworld Cousins

Based Wraithlord

Love him, neat that you went with the front Claws and back-end smaller talons (are those claws the extra big ones from the Tervigon kit btw? They look good) Also the cool little bullet scar you put in his dorsal plate is a nice touch.

8/10 user

Haven't actually run into any before this, or maybe I have but just haven't noticed or paid attention

Nth for Tzaangors

If you could bring one model over from AoS to 40k what would it be?

Honestly way more stuff should be Chapter restricted so all the various Marine chapters are more distinct than just being boring fucking recolors of each other.

Tzaangor Shaman. Cheap psyker for Tsons. Buffs friendly Tzaangors.

I just finished my first Dragoon, and almost finished my converted Techpriest.

Anyone want to hear a battle report BA vs Necrons?

Not if its Primaris BA vs Warrior Spam Necrons

Tervigon claws and mawloc talons. I got him second hand fully (extremely badly) assembled and have to do what seemed like everything to get him to not totally suck. Now he's like a rescue dog to me.

There's absolutely nothing in AoS that would work with any of my armies, so idgaf.

But if they brought over the entire Kharadron Overlords army as Squats, that would be chill with me.

Just replace balloons with thrusters.

He just wants to smash

Probably all the Squig and gretchin (goblin) units they have.

>fanatics in 40k
Please no

Jesus no wonder FW prices are expensive. Look at all that excess resin they're wasting.

I like your dudes user

Any of you germs familiar with milliput? How's the white compared to yellow? Or green stuff even? Fresh outta GS and looking for something new for fillers and minor press casting

>the swarmlord is to a hive tyrant what a hive tyrant is to a Termagant
>the pinnacle of Tyranid evolution
>literally just a slightly buffed hive tyrant in fluff and crunch with better boneswords and more autonomous and intelligent
>doesn’t even have a ranged weapon
>doesn’t even have sick biomorph upgrades
>dies in single combat to space marine characters

How do we fix this shit? How would the swarmlord truly represent the pinnacle of the Tyranid bioform in both fluff and crunch? How would you make him really seem to a tyrant what a tyrant is to a gaunt?

Thanks, I finished my Cawl just the other day too. I missed one camera lens in this pic but I fixed it.

>charge a unit
>get hit with gobbos swinging bomb squigs around

I just realized something, we have Gargoyles which are locked into Fleshborers, why the hell did they not think to just slap Hormagaunt DNA and Gargoyle DNA together. 12" movement with scything talons, throw on adrenal glands for that bonus charge advance, 6" pile in, and with Fly terrain isn't an issue. And it isn't hard to do given the arm sockets already take Hormagaunt scything talons.

What techpriest model is that?

"Battle Report"

...and suddenly orks are interesting again.

i'm ok with this.jpg

Jobberlord is fine. NPCs really shouldn't be a match for the heroes.

As someone who's built a lot of Contemptors, they're a very nice kit. Forge World has a few shitty kits, especially those where the resin is too thin and fragile or you get way too much flash, but Contemptors are great.

There is one major thing to watch out for though: In a plastic kit you can assemble a flexible set of legs easily by prepping all the parts then assembling it rapidly so you can tweak the pose whilst the glue is still drying. With a resin kit with a lot of parts to the legs, you gotta constantly re-dryfit things and very carefully assemble one joint at a time.

We Pitch Black now
Jesus christ that movie is 17 years old

>How do we fix this shit?
Delete him and retcon his existence, he's a retarded concept that rapes Tyranid fluff and has never made sense.

From aos? Nothing, that shit's garbage with the smegmar finecast and whatever
From fantasy, squigs & trolls probably. Anything to save the ork roster

Why are the Eight Legion the best legion?

Fuck, now I feel old.

>why the hell did they not think to just slap Hormagaunt DNA and Gargoyle DNA together.
They did, they're called Nightgaunts and you used to be able to play them.

Modern GW is shit when it comes to nids.

Why can't gargoyles take different weapons, anyway?

So clean, how do he do dat

It's a datasmith model that I converted with some bits from infiltrators and actual Techpriest bits leftover from another conversion.

The resin blocks? That's part of the molding process and resin as a material is cheap asf.

Neat, I like it.

nice

Because their kit doesn't come with any.

That's it. That's the whole reason.

The whiter it is the more fine it is I believe.

Double fuck, hope FW resurrects them with more nid options. God 8th options suck atm. I mean it was needed to make things work out of the box, but, for "the most adaptable race ever" they are rather not adaptable.

because their sprues don't have other weapons with them, and as GW has said, if it ain't in the box (unless we really like them) you don't get those options anymore.

Balance reasons, probably. If they have access to everything they just become way better than other gaunts. Fluffwise, assume that Devourers are too heavy for them, since they're Warrior-sized guns. Termagants can carry them because they're stable with 4 limbs touching the ground, but flight with big guns is too ungainly.

I would like Nightgaunts back though.

The main issue i hope they address in the ork codex is that kommandos, boyz, and stormboyz are all basically the same unit

Give stormboyz and kommandos some unique rules and weapons

FW isn't going to do a fucking thing.

Will Chapter Approved give Iron Warriors back their Basilisks?
>Tfw FW won't fucking give us Legion Basilisk from HH

FUCK FW HOLY SHIT

Because GW thinks having to convert things scars little timmy and his parent's money away.

Just take a R&H detachment you retard.

This

Its also the reason primaris captains only have one loadout, because taking a thunderhammer and gluing it on a captain is too hard for new players

non-legion tank =/= legion tank.

Only used one unit of I tercessor because I did t have enough tac marines for a battalion

Opponent had 25 warriors total

Anyone have the screenshot of their Facebook page saying converting things was to hard?

I was in here last week asking about ways to turn 40k into a roleplaying game with a GM and each player controlling a single model to make up the party and shit. A bunch of anons were helpful in pointing me in the right directions and I've spent the last few days converting heralds of ruin kill team into just that so cheers lads, it's turning out less shit that expected. I'm making it for a campaign with friends but i could post it when it's done if anyone's interested.

8th confirmed as potato edition. For potatos by potatos.

>Tyranid players are expected to weapon swap to give hive tyrants devourers and deathspitters
>Expected to figure out ways to put 2 pairs of guns or melee weapons on flyrants
>Expected to somehow pull monstrous rending claws out of their asses
BUT SWAPPING ARMS FROM ONE TYPE OF GAUNT TO ANOTHER IS TOO HARD

I think this is it?

Yea thats it. Such silly things the facebook team says.

The old screamerkiller and the dark vengeance helbrute have the same crotch plate...

Simple answer is the Fleshborer hive arms from the Tyrannofex, counts easily as Monsterous Rending Claws + whatever ranged weapon all in one arm slot.

What the fuck is the difference, it's a Basilisk.

The Legions aren't a thing anymore, they've splintered and fractured and been reorganized and mutated and scattered over TEN THOUSAND fucking years and you need to get over it. This isn't 30k.

The point is that tyranid players are already expected to do conversions and kitbashes.

That's because if GW fucked with Flyrants after they were the only model anyone could run for the last two editions and every nid player already owned 5 of them for that reason, there would be riots.

Because a lot of chaos players believe, for whatever reason, that the legions are super bro tier and unified still
Even though they’ll backstab anyone and everyone from the same legion for anything

>Autistic Screeching Intensifies.

Fair enough.

Because fluff does my equal crunch. In fluff Gargoyles could have acid maws and bio plasma. If we went by lore almost any Tyranid organism should be able to take just about any weapon.

fuck, I am legitimately butthurt over this now

We are the "Siege Lords" FFS, why can only Death Guard get an artillery tank?

I'm not the autist screeching REEEE FUCK FORGE WORLD because they won't put a 30k unit into a wholly different 40k army.

Sick of these HH humping retards who don't understand 40k is a completely different age and things have changed drastically for Chaos especially over the last 10k years.

3+ accuracy basilisks are pretty different than 4-5+ accuracy basilisks

My bud is doing a narrative campaign that's very barebones DnD-esque. Essentially nothing but DC check rolling. We have our characters, in my case, one of my Archons, go through a bit of RP that impacts how hard the actual 40k part of the encounter will be. So last week my Archon accompanied by another player's Shadowseer found a group of marooned poachers on a Maiden World. The poachers trusted the Shadowseer, but wanted a promise that my Dark Eldar wouldn't harm them because they were shot down by other Dark Eldar. My Archon being the arrogant ass she is, said "Whoever shot you down has decent aim." as sarcastically as possible and I rolled low on our d20. This triggered him and we then proceeded to play the 40k part. His army was represented by Renegades and Heretics.

This makes me so unbelievably sick

Tell me this isnt real

Crisp as fuck! I love it!

IW had were allowed to take basilisks in mainline 40k up until 4e and the great army diversity genocide.

I'm pretty sure it got deleted rather quickly, but yeah, it's real.

Hey Veeky Forums, i've been following 40k for the last few months (pretty much since 8th came out)

I wanted to start a Harlequins army, but being new to painting has made me apprehensive about the whole thing. I've heard from a lot of sources that they're a bitch to paint.

Basically I'm looking for advice on a good army to start with. Something rules light that I can use in 1500-2000 point games, and won't be too much of a pain to paint and/or will help me improve as a painter.

The only other thing I can say for my own preferences are that I would like an army of dudes that aren't super-reliant on vehicles.

>what are hellforged typhons, hellforged achilles, hellforged scorpius, chaos vindicators, etc

I mean Marines are probably the easiest and best army to start with. You could also go with orks but you might burn out since you have to paint a fuck ton of shit.

Has anyone figured out why lascannon/missile dreadnoughts are 145 and lascannon/missile centurions are 155 per model

Marines, Grey Knights especially can be played with only a few dudes and are easy as shit to paint

Most thing I finished recently was my Lord of Contagion

>The Legions aren't a thing anymore,
You better tell that to GW, because they're giving us rules for them.

Because Dreadnoughts don't benefit from INFANTRY bonuses.

But mainly because GW can't into balance.

Are the dark vengeance cultist available outside of it like some of the sculpts?

Harlequins are a glass army that can quite easily get shot off the table.
Eldar aren't crazy hard to paint, can take a beating while fighting back and can allow you to field Harlequins later on as fluffy allies.

>I wanted to start a Harlequins army, but being new to painting has made me apprehensive about the whole thing. I've heard from a lot of sources that they're a bitch to paint.
They're not that hard. If you wanted to paint them up with diamonds and shit like their store page then sure it'd be hard, but if you paint them like I did it's easy. Just make them colorful, or not it's up to you. Pretty sure one of the official color schemes for them is just black with white boots and gloves.

Nice squigs

I think I just gained a new fetish from this conversion.