Veeky Forums RPGs Census

As we are coming to the end of the year, it is time for 2017's census survey!

I kindly request a minute of your time to fill this survey;
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCeaqZLL2EPxXU2LxS5jAE7xhvURzFrk0pBtcft04MSZ_2hQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

In the meantime please let us know your Veeky Forums related expectations for 2018 and help us keep the thread alive.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG
discord.gg/Tdqa75e
imgur.com/a/NB4sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here is somewhat related 2011 Veeky Forums game census

This survey is ass. Boiling resolution choices to D20, D%, and D6 or D10 is like saying that salty is the only flavor something can be.

Only factored in the three most popular types of resolution for simplicity's sake.

Added option for "other", you can edit your submission.

>Dungeon World
Change to pbta games, there are tons of them and singling out DW doesn't make sense even if it is one of the most popular.
Add more games.
Basically just copy roll20 list

Yeah. I play and enjoy Apocalypse World (which is actually good) but no space for that on the list.
That's okay because my other favorite games were on there instead.

For 2018, I'm hoping we get some more information on the new Warhammer RPG's coming out. I just hope they're not Zweihandler-tier

Also hoping for more Exalted stuff once Arms of the Chosen comes out Soon (tm)

The body text font in that image is so atrocious I want to slit the throat of whoever designed it with a caligraphy pen and drink his blood as it dribbles down over his chest.

No matter how many games I add to the list, it will always be lacking. There is no inconceivable way to have all the roleplaying games written. That is why there is an "other" option to write in what you play.

add more questions, like
>how many games are you currently in
>Are you forever GM / mostly GM / mostly player / only play
>Are you a grill
>Do you primarily play online or offline
>What is your preferred play method: live / roll20 / tabletop simulator / whatever the fuck else is there do your research
>What is your preferred gaming group size
>Do you watch RPGs streams
C'mon

Singling out single pbta game is silly. It would be like Having Dresden Files RPG instead of FATE

I have no expectations for 2018, and honestly I've given up hope.

Fucking hell, okay I give in. I added more questions, will add more.

I want to run my game of Mario RPG with real people who are all within ten feet of me. I have low hopes as a niche of a niche is unappealing to the guys in my local game store.

How does a Mario RPG work?

I plea people to edit their submissions as I added more questions.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG

discord.gg/Tdqa75e

Seems peculiar, in a good way. Would seriously try it out with you if I were in your LGS.

I have thought about asking a question like this

>"What is your stance on the future of roleplaying games?"

But I think it would be really superficial if done in any measurable way.

Die in a fire

Paper or M&L?

Can't say I am surprised about 5e. However, the variety of games being played did surprise me a little.

More in the style of Paper Mario TTYD, a comical adventure in a somewhat western frontier setting.

A bump to keep the thread alive because I am too lazy to make different threads.

>Gender
>No "other" option

I gave you Jellybean option, what more do you want?!

Attack helicopter, duh

Bumping this with some interesting statistics.

I need to go for now but return in 9-10 hours and if this one died, I will make a new thread then we will compile the results.

Bumps to keep this thread alive are appreciated.

Last bump for this one.

well i expected the 23-27 group to be biggest

Where is the "Incompetent" option in the second of those questions?

Well, I filled the survey to the best of my ability.
One thing:

>Which roleplaying system/systems do you hope/plan to use in 2018?
There should be more than one "Other" option. That'd make the automatic evaluation easier, since I now have three systems in the one "Other" option. So you'd have to do some work by hand to get the numbers for each single system.
Also: "Homebrew" might be a good idea to put there as a standard option.

I agree with the "Homebrew" point but I don't want to mess with the survey beyond this point. I am okay with doing things by hand. Also, it actually groups the same answers in one category even if they are not a default option. I am actually quite surprised with it.

As for your second point, I am afraid it doesn't let me put a second "other" option, so I just have to sort it out by hand. Thank you for your input.

Was meant to answer

Put the rest of the 40krpgs on there, Rogue Trader is probably the least played of the games whereas none other than Dark Heresy are mentioned

I am probably going to look at all the votes and *other* options and collapse all of them under the name "40k Fantasy".

Make sure you consolidate the "FFG Star Wars" and "Star Wars FFG RPG" answers OP, i saw a few people answered that differently

5E best ever RPG ever made ever confirmed.

I will go and sort out every list by hand, going down one by one then create graphs based on percentage and votes.

Shut your dirty whore mouth you worthless thot!

I fucking love how retarded the newfags that play that system are.

D&D has four options and everyone else has one. Please consolidate the options or restart this shitshow.

I have a suggestion that might stir up some shit, but it might've a good idea to take census on since both sides tend to claim majority opinion. Every now and then some arguments over quests being moved to /qst/ have come up, so if you want to OP that might be a good question to add. Something like;

>Are you happy with quests moving to their own board: Yes/No
>Do you want quests to remain on their own board: Yes/No

Because I've seen this odd thing where some people will complain about /qst/ being made, but those same anons also say it should stay now that it's already here.

I can see why this would be interesting but I have to say this is about roleplaying games and as I see it there is no correlation between roleplaying games and where quests threads belong to.

Why does this matters? I am going to sort them out by hand afterall.

>Why does this matters?
I also petition for the new survey to be written by a native English speaker

Sod off cunt, I am sleep deprived. If you want it to be grammatically impeccable than you can do it yourself.

You have to go back, paki

Even if I have a favorite system, there are other systems which have mechanics that I like. 5e's "roll with advantage" is neat. FATE points and their economy in the game are cool. I steal those mechanics for my own GURPS games all the time.

Favorite dice rolling options are prejudiced against bell curves and fistfuls of dice. Having a fillable "other" is a cop-out which will inevitably result in scattered responses that dilute the real numbers.

I will try to reasonable group up the answer in that form so the numbers will not be so diluted. Just ignore the google surveys charts for now.

Thanks for doing this survey, OP.

A little tip since you're new to survey design: try to keep the age brackets separated and identical in size so that some brackets are not larger than others, otherwise this affects the number of responses in each bracket. Eg,

>1-5 (5 unique years)
>6-10 (5 unique years)
>11-15 (5 unique years)
>16-20 (5 unique years)
>etc.

No, don't do this. D&D has such a large share of the RPG market (80% or more) that breaking it, and it alone, down into editions is more meaningful than consolidating it into one lump. This is because the D&D edition segments will still be larger than most other complete game lines of all editions.

I've got the 2009 census. Wasn't there one done in 2015 too?

And do use a better font than some of the previous guys. Arial is just fine. It has to be readable at small sizes.

Also, a question about which RPG genre we prefer would be handy:

>High Fantasy
>Low Fantasy
>Space Opera
>Horror
>Cyberpunk
>Historical
>Westerns
>Kitchen Sink

If you're interested in franchises instead of specific game lines, use brand names only, like so:

>Dungeons & Dragons
>Star Wars
>Warhammer
>*Cthulhu
>World/Chronicles of Darkness
>PbtA
>FATE*

stay alive, bitch

This entire survey is for fags

Yes, make sure you fill it out.

>questfags this butthurt
>questfags still want to flood Veeky Forums
go and stay gone

The results so far. imgur.com/a/NB4sc

cause it's too big to post here.

Should have asked about race/ethnicity. Let's see if that "pasty white male" stereotype is true or not.

Hello Veeky Forums, I have come back home just now from my daily ordeals.

As of right now, this thread has been up for 17~ hours and we have 255 responses. Which, I feel like, is a pretty great number for our purpose. I know there are some obvious things missing, such as genre preferences but alas this is what we got. I can't promise anything and it will certainly be flawed but I will try to create a genre tendency chart based on most popular systems. Once again I wholeheartedly thank everyone who partook in this survey.

Now it is time to compile all this data in an easier and accessible form. This will probably take a good amount of time, as I have to do it all by hand and I have been awake for 26~ hours now. One thing I can not promise is that it's visual elegance as I lack the mastery of image manipulation tools but I will try to do it in a way that it will be as accessible and clear as possible.

How the fuck is there this much 5e love
enough cuckchan for me for one day

It's the newest eddition off the most popular ttrpg and has the most active support and advertising from a large and popular game company. How are you surprised?

5e got rid of all of the horrible, bed-shitting faggotry of 3.5 or at least tried to
By no means my favorite system but better than shit like dungeon world