Sci-Fi/Space Setting Art

When I was 6 years old my local library had a series of sci Fi art books by Stewart Crowley.

those books really informed how I visualized space and space settings. I think Veeky Forums could benefit from seeing his stuff. Feel free to post your own stuff though.

Space Art Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA&list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4
mediafire.com/download/z3dgxdd7z55h0kd/TTA Handbook - Spacecraft 2000 to 2100AD.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bnhsyxpi7qq9uz5/TTA Handbook - Spacecraft 2100 to 2200AD.pdf
mediafire.com/download/yhygvuk3963ujcg/TTA Handbook - Great Space Battles.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1xel3tu2td64zc6/TTA Handbook - Spacewreck.pdf
mediafire.com/download/q1vwvqtq9y6urqp/TTA Handbook - Starliners.pdf
mediafire.com/download/4zxvucxd81041mj/Terran Trade Authority RPG - Core Rulebook.pdf
manchu-sf
archive.org/details/53040427TheVanishingLake
archive.org/details/SpaceCadet2
archive.org/details/galaxymagazine?&sort=date
sites.google.com/site/empiregalact/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

full size pic from the cover

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA&list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4

I really love all kinds of sci-fi, from impractical techno-babble to harder than diamonds desings. The images you post specially because like you I had some books (be a different author) with little games and that style of art, even tried to make my sisters try to play with them.

For me it was Manchu and Brantonne

Nice, reminds me to traveller. THose space ships are great too.

mediafire.com/download/z3dgxdd7z55h0kd/TTA Handbook - Spacecraft 2000 to 2100AD.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bnhsyxpi7qq9uz5/TTA Handbook - Spacecraft 2100 to 2200AD.pdf
mediafire.com/download/yhygvuk3963ujcg/TTA Handbook - Great Space Battles.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1xel3tu2td64zc6/TTA Handbook - Spacewreck.pdf
mediafire.com/download/q1vwvqtq9y6urqp/TTA Handbook - Starliners.pdf

These books are awesome. Somebody posted a mega with all of them. I wish I could actually find the physical copies for a reasonable price somewhere. There even is an official Terran Trade Authority RPG out there.

>There even is an official Terran Trade Authority RPG out there.
mediafire.com/download/4zxvucxd81041mj/Terran Trade Authority RPG - Core Rulebook.pdf

Terran Trade Authority is not unknown around these parts, OP. But bring it on.

I own the epic space battles book, if you want any pictures from it let me know I'll grab it from my shelf tomorrow

Manchu is responsible for a lot of french sci-fi book covers, as well as most designs in the Once Upon a Time.. Space cartoon.
He's really good when he does massive "used future" engines.

He also did all the art for the old french Empire Galactique rpg (one day, I'll find a scan...).

Guy is very creative, doing a lot of miniatures in his spare time; his blog is worth checking out, it has all the clean versions of his covers.
manchu-sf blogspot fr/ (dots instead of spaces)

Requesting assimetric spaceship artworks.

This dude does a great job, I think I have some books with some of the art somewhere.

I love retro-futurism style of space ships and fighter.

Gimenez, from the Metabarons comic.
Off to bed, I'll dump tomorrow if thread is still up, otherwise I'll make a new one.

a little chris foss is nice

just a little, not too too much

for the asymmetry!

I picked them up a few months ago at a used bookstore for about 9 bucks a pop

Bumping for spess.

SPESSSSSS

Damn, there's a load of used book shops around where I live, but only one has a large SF/fantasy section and they do not have those books. I quess I shouldn't complain too much, though, as I have managed to pick up a load of world war 2 books written in the 50s and 60s, as well as a book about rocket technology by von Braun himself.

I see you apreciate paleo-culture as well.

I fucking love that kind of "1980" future.

For something more recent, check Kuldar Leement.

And Manchu, of course.

Manchu specifically emulates the 70's style.

Anyone got pictures of spacefaring cities? Like MCU Asgard, but more sci-fi?

TTA was amazing shit.

You are a god among anons, thank you!

moar sci-fi cities!

Requesting EVA suits of varying tech levels.

To specify I mean Space Suits because search engine doesn't understand acronyms.

why does a car need an oscilloscope?

Something close to this?

So you can watch neat patterns on the screen while listening to the stereo.

Yeah, thats pretty spot on to the kind of stuff I'm looking for, thanks user.

In the grim darkness of the future engine sound is regulated to stop them being used to drown out the sound of suppressed gun shots, planetside gang wars have become a real issue with the prevalence of military tech, its hard to notice of some of it begins going missing.

I think you people will appreciate these links

archive.org/details/53040427TheVanishingLake
archive.org/details/SpaceCadet2
archive.org/details/galaxymagazine?&sort=date

Speaking of which, I should continue reading through the Galaxy archive. I'm still at 1954, IIRC, and they go up to 60s. It's amazing how well a lot of the stories actually had stood up, occasional hokey science aside. Considerably better than the stuff I've read from some other contemporary magazines.

Unfortunately, all my spacesuit pics are relatively modern art.

Huh, found another one

There's a whole series of these but sadly the only site I know that had all of them in one place is gone.

Ambushed by Space Ninjas!

A rather common problem for any space adventurer

I have these books right now. Saw them in a second hand bookstore and bought them straight away. I too used to while away hours of looking at them when my library had them with my brother.

We can post anything space-related, right?

Does anyone know who did the box cover art for the old Buck Rogers series? I always like them.

Google is suprisingly non-helpful here, now i am curious too

Space Fantasy!

Space Rabbits!

I'm not sure anymore

Looks like a space squid to me
Also, the space wizard

Space Spiff!
Classical Hero of the Space 80s

Space gun

Another space gun

A sci-fi art thread trying to archive? Not on my watch.

>Empire Galactique
The author gave his blessing for the full release of the game books on the web.
French speakers can find it here:
sites.google.com/site/empiregalact/home

Full of glorious '80s sci-fi art and concepts (like the Incal, but less retarded).

Posting a little more Traveller / Traveller-esque stuff.