Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Khan And Aun'Shi Buddy Cop Show Set In Commorragh edition

Previous Thread: >Beastman model thing coming soon
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Celestial Battlemage's Orb. (embed)

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
>epub
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz
>pdf
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

First for anyone got The Greater Evil? I'd like to read some peter Fahahahaveri stuff.

Plus, you know, genestealer Tau sound fun.

my dudes > your dudes

Does anyone else wish they hadn't got rid of the Initiative stat in 8th edition?

Like even if they didn't have it be the sole determining factor of who hits first in combat, it had other uses. It made for flavorful distinctions between units that otherwise had the same statline, like Genestealer Neophytes having 1 higher Initiative than Guardsmen.

me > you

How do we make Bloodletters better?

nth for
>>>>shitting on people means you're butthurt
>>>Where do you think we are?
40kg, where everyone is butthurt

But it was one of the many things that just took up extra time.Cutting it out was necessary for trimming the fat.

What’s a good Behemoth Warrior loadout? Anons said they’d be good to fill out the other two troops slots in my list, this is it so far:

Court of the Nephilim King
Tyranid Battalion Detachment

HQ
•Hive Tyrant with Stranglethorn Cannon, Scythes of Tyran, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs, 192

•Tervigon with Monstrous Scything Talons, 243

Troops
•Termagants with Fleshborers (30), 120

Elites
•Maleceptor, 172

•Haruspex, 198

•Tyrant Guard with Crushing Claws, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs (6), 306

•Hive Guard with Impaler Cannons (3), 144

•Hive Guard with Impale Cannons (3), 144

Total: 1519

Anything else I should add other than Warriors?

>only 7 points for S5 AP -3 2 attacks hitting on 2+ doing 2 damage on 6's to Wound on bodies with a 5++
>needing to be better
Are you fucking out of your mind, as soon as these things get Stratagems in the Daemons Codex they're going to be insane

How do gravis captains work out? I use a thunderhammer captain with Jump Pack right now

There's basically one good warrior loadout: Boneswords and Deathspitter. At that point they're a good anti GEQ unit.

What does an ulthwe army look like?

dead guys

Anybody try out a 1 1 1 with space marine troops choices? I feel like with my blood angels I want some scouts on top of tacticals and intercessors for a nice spread

I know you're building a meme army, but you'll want to kill yourself after you use that haruspex, just so you're warned.

>But it was one of the many things that just took up extra time.Cutting it out was necessary for trimming the fat.

I've played pretty much exclusively melee armies for the entirety of my time in the hobby - this is patently false. 8th edition Charge and Fight phases are the most time consuming CC has ever been.

You've got decision making now not only on the order you make your charges (to best handle Overwatch), but which units to resolve combat with first to avoid having a crucial one stolen on you, you have more complicated range-finding (one could easily tell where to start measuring from to check on who can throw out attacks or not because of base contact), you have consolidation to bring other units into combat (which means more attacks to resolve), and you've got CC related stratagems.

Just add a shit ton more guants. Name them the King's Children.

so wraiths

fuck strategems, fuck special abilities, fuck this lack of CAD, fuck asuka, fuck weapon costs, fuck units that were good last edition,

Deep Strike/Daemonic Assault, some way to mitigate morale that isn't reliant on baby-sitting with a Bloodthirster. Horrors are the only Lesser Daemon that needs a significant overhaul, and it's probably a net nerf that's required.
They're aren't hitting on 2's, because taking a 20+ model unit is just going to get BTFO by morale/overwatch. I'd agree that it's not Bloodletters themselves that need to improve, it's the support structure around them that needs to improve.

Deep strike. Codex will probably provide this somehow.

They'll never be worth a fuck footslogging without drastically altering their base profile because GW doesn't seem to understand that a power sword and 5+ invul don't mean shit when you aren't fast and bolters are wounding you on 3+.

>fuck asuka
Best part of this post

Back to your containment thread >>>/hhg/

I wish that every Main chapter had special bonuses to their most known unit. I think it would make a reason to actually use the other chapter tactics and make each chapter feel unique and not just some coat of paint.

I'm with you. 8E melee is way more time-consuming and fiddly than any of the previous 3E derivatives.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Is the Barbed Strangler a good idea or no?

But the Haruspex is so cool though.

Kek, maybe I’ll do that. Though a Carnifex sounds cool too though.

broodlord w/ genestealers
a squad of warriors
your image in the previous thread had a tervigon, so you'll want at least some gants
delet Haruspex

>But the Haruspex is so cool though.
I know user, but it's also the worst unit in the codex.

You'd end up with a Guard situation where every Space Marine list is actually a composite of multiple Chapters spamming their special unit.

these are just suggestions btw

Nephilim's Bastards.

>Horrors
>nerf
It's literally 100% the fault of fucking brimstones. Don't fucking rope pink horrors into that shit. They've already been nerfed once because of fagnus + brimstones. What they need to do is split the fucking squads like they used to and still do in AoS.

Non-tyranid player here. Whats so bad about it?

>AoS
Its a shit game. We shouldn't take any advice from it.

I honestly think that you just shouldn't be able to bring blues or brims directly. Increase the cost of pinks by 2 or 3 and give them and blues a chance to split for free at end of turn if the squad is still there, similar to 5th.

I'm saying that Horrors as a whole will receive a net nerf, with Brimstones getting slapped down and Pinks getting a slight buff. Pinks are close to decent as is, especially with Changeling supporting them. Their biggest issue is that Heralds and the Tzeentch Discipline really don't do much for them. Brimstones should probably just be made available only by splitting Blues.

>Don't fucking rope pink horrors into that shit. They've already been nerfed once because of fagnus + brimstones.
Pinks got buffed, only non-Pinks got nerfed.

>you just shouldn't be able to bring blues or brims directly.
Blues and Brimstones are sold separately to Pinks, so at least Blues need to remain fieldable on their own. Even just making Brimstones Split-only would result in a ton of whining from tournament players.

Super-overcosted for a trash number of attacks at WS 4+ on a weak-ass weapon profile.

repostan from last thread.

Here's my take on the whole Faction Keyword issue.

Add a new category: Superfaction Keywords. IMPERIUM, CHAOS, AELDARI, and HIVE MIND.

Entire armies must consist of the same Superfaction Keyword(or the entire army must have none at all) but Superfaction Keywords may not be the only shared keyword for individual detachments.

This means Soup lists have to either build coherent detachments, or at least spend command points on Auxiliary Support Detachments to cherrypick from across the whole superfaction.

I'm not a nid player but I always admired that one psyker monstrous creature nid.
tell me he's okay

I'd just make it so that Stratagems are only available to "pure" armies (a la ObSec and detachments, but across the whole army). Make it so that Inquisitors can be added onto any other Imperial army, but they switch the whole army to using Inquisitorial Stratagems.

>that one psyker monstrous creature nid.
Which one

Better way to word this.

Every Army must contain only units with the same keyword.

Every unit in a detatchment must share a keyword with all other units in the same detatchment.

Who was in the wrong here?

Maleceptor? It's on a bad side of mediocre.

He's okay

much better than when he was first introduced

the one with the brains holes
malaceptor?

What’s the difference between a regular Carnifex and a thornback?

It's fundamentally incapable of doings its job.

It's an anti-infantry close combat monster that rolls a random (4d3) number of attacks, then hits on 4+s and the weapon is only S4 AP-1 D1, meaning very few models are likely to actually die. Kills generate an additional attack with a stronger weapon, but the WS4+ means half of those few attacks that are generated will also miss.

He gets killed quickly if you don't use him well

They don't really do anything.

Thornbacks have a bunch of strange, questionably useful anti infantry abilities.

GW using incomplete models for pictures

So I've been coming up with list after list in these threads and I've finally come down to the wire on one I actually am satisfied with. Covers some bases well and has fun stuff I want. I'm pretty happy with it.

GK Vanguard
Brotherhood Champion -Warlord- Cuirass of Sacrifice, Hammerhand, First to the Fray

Apothecary - Daemonhammer, Sanctuary

Apothecary - Daemonhammer, Vortex

Doomglaive Dread - Heavy Psycannon, Storm Bolter

Venerable Dread - 2x Twin Autocannon, Astral Aim

Land Raider - 2x Twin Lascannons, Multimelta, Storm Bolter

GK Vanguard
Kaldor Draigo - Sanctuary, Purge Soul

Grey Knight Paladins - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand

It's 1989/2000 but aside from like, a hunter killer on the land Raider, I can't think of anything I can do with 10 points. Turn the brochamp into Crowe maybe?

No that's the yellow dudes

It crashed
Narritive: forged

cleanest crash landing I've ever seen, props to the pilot

Just annoy them and run around the board. Pick off anything that gets left behind or chases after you, then backline them with some deep strike dude.

Also hide behind big walls and abuse the crap out of your speed and flight to put your dudes out of sight for a majority of his army but visible to the one thing of his you want to kill.

Right now you can use both guard and spess marine stratagems with two different detachement. How your idea would work for those ?

What is the best way for DE to beat Girlyman backed up by 6 assbacks?

He rolled a 1 on the dash board.

Carnifex have more option, pretty balance between shooting/melee but can be better in melee with Tusk (+1 A on charge) while Thornback was better at shooting infantry with "Vicious Hunter" (no cover for infantry)

So basically no arco flagellant/penitent engine/Hospitaller/Celestine with SoB ?

Not every army is your cookie cutter "Codex Astartes" boring structure you know.

I'd say, best way would be girlyman backed up by 6 assbacks

The Court Wizard isn’t that good but he’s one of the coolest psychic monsters and that’s what matters.

Also current list! Should I just add more Warriors with the remaining points or what?

Court of the Nephilim King
Tyranid Battalion Detachment

HQ
•Hive Tyrant with Stranglethorn Cannon, Scythes of Tyran, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs, 192

•Tervigon with Monstrous Scything Talons, 243

Troops
•Termagants with Fleshborers (30), 120

•Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, Deathspitters (3), 70

•Tyranid Warriors with Boneswords, Deathspitters (3), 70

Elites
•Maleceptor, 172

•Haruspex, 198

•Tyrant Guard with Crushing Claws, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs (6), 306

•Hive Guard with Impaler Cannons (3), 144

•Hive Guard with Impale Cannons (3), 144

Heavy Support
•Carnifex with Tusks, Thresher Scythe, Monstrous Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Chitin Thorns, Spore Cysts, and Toxin Sacs (2), 268

Total: 1927

blap his assbacks with your cheap as fuck lascannon equivalents

So how far from the great rift can daemons manifest? And how long can a Daemon stay manifested in real space? Does a planet where daemons are manfiested and take over just become a daemon world no matter how far it is away from the great rift? is it possible there are tons of small Daemon worlds all around the imperium then? Do daemons worlds spread daemonic corruption faster to other worlds?

Tyranid warriors have always been one of my favourite models, how viable is an army mainly made out of them?

Looks good but...

What do you do vs a list spamming triflamer suit and like 5 quad fusion commander as well as 40+ drones ?

Or against an IG with 9 basilisk, 36 mortars and another 900 points of meatshield ?
The 9 basilisk will on sera pop both dread or the land raider and everything inside it without the need of LOS and with 240"range.

I play 2k GK like you and have much difficult To play against those basic things, while i can counter them with eldar or tau more easily.
Makes me want to go primaris honestly.
What gives you hope ?

Will forgeworld update the dread mob rules or am I fucked?

Re-writting SoB into their own codex that actually makes sense is a completely different thing that should happen, but having St. Cellery available to all IMPERIUM armies is stupid WAACfaggotry that needs to stop.

If I wanted to put together a Hive Fleet Ouroboris list is there anything stopping me from running the Shrikes in the Index since they were squatted from the Codex?

I'm getting back into the game since 4th edition. go into my garage and found all my old necrons and eldar I thought I got rid of them with the other stuff. This is Great!

>What gives you hope ?
Not playing against WAACfags maybe.

They actually aren't awful now. Run them as Leviathan so they give themselves 6+ FnP, and take deathspitters on all of them for sweet firepower (basically everyone has a heavy bolter with 24" range). Don't waste points on the heavy weapons, just deathspitters and rending claws. Drop them in with a Trygon and blap things before charging.

So take out the assbacks first, worry about Gorillamensch later, got it.

I like it so far, but Tervigons can only supply Termagants with devourers so you might want to think about that
warriors are decent but you would need some heavy hitters along side them

>They actually aren't awful now.
it's all I ever wanted

If you have two units on a tank one on two opposite corners is the tank just fucked?

As a necron player, we can only wait for our codex senpai

As an eldar player from fourth we apparently missed the biggest op shit show ever.

Oh shoot I had the weapons mixed up! I meant to write Fleshborers! Thanks for catching that, user.

Still dunno what to do with the last 73 points. Another unit of Warriors seems like the obvious answer though.

Is Boss Zagrstrukk good as fuck now or am I sniffing paint fumes
> 6W,7A, two of which auto hit at s8 ap-3 d:d3
> massive buffs to moral checks for MSU stormboy spam

>unit is named "the red terror"
>in an army that is constantly hungry and looking for food
Really makes you think.

Wait a minute I am tired and did in fact write fleshborers. user y u make me think I wrote it wrong?

Kek!

MFW we were that close to electing a tyranid monster

The index is for models that don't have rules in the new codex, Shrikes aren't in the new codex so I don't see the issue

This is not even WAAC. Merely not-retarded army comp.

>commander drone spam isn't WAAC
Yeah fuck off

It's tau. Can't be WAAC : the army is simply too weak.

>tau
>weak
Bait elsewhere m8

which one do you mean user

My old army was mostly biel tan I have mostly each of the aspect warriors, but I also have a fire prism. my my necrons are a shit ton of warriors and three monoliths lol

This isnt waac. Especially the IG list.
Its just that GK just straight dont have the tools to compete in 8th

What uses the wrecking ball?

I was primarily referring to the Tau list in that.

This ain't 7th anymore

I read this and was waiting for someone to say fleshboners.
I am disappoint.