Have you ever made your players cry due to events that happened in the story?

Have you ever made your players cry due to events that happened in the story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FyiGwzaR_UM
youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This has the potential to be a good thread.

FOLLOWING

Unintentionally really. It was campaign in gritty and grimdark Warhammer Fantasy in which players basically became stranded in a small town of Nordland. Town was surrounded by all manners of nasty stuff which was all trying to destroy it. There was Khorne Beastman, Tzeentch Mutants outside. The doctor of the city was praying to Nurgle to help him save people from gangrean and sephsis and it worked but instilled nastier, plagues that rotted inside. Mayor was head of Slaneshi Cult of pleasure. There was ratmen lurking below, a vampire and a Lich ready to be resurected.

My idea was: the only way for players to succed was to pit this evil forces against each other, fight one last epic battle and if able evacuate via a river watching as the evil battles and destroys evil, which was the facto win scenario.

To not make it too hard on my players I've put some good characters in the town, that players needed to find but which would be huge help in their efforts if identified correctly. There was Dwarven runesmith, bretonian knight stranded in the woods, elf comando and our cry inducing hero captain of the town guard.

He was huge, grizzly old veteran. Great warrior for sure and great commander but a poor tactician. His only joy in life was his daughter, sixteen year old not too pretty girl that he loved above his own life. Players befriended him quite quickly and during a couple sesions began to treat him as a grandfather figure. They also befriended his daughter, which became love interest for one of player characters.

Now, halfway through our little campaign players became convinced that the town was undefendable and made plans to run. Unfortunately they did not try to make it through water but rather wanted to use horses they recently aquired. Love interest player talked the daughter into runing with them. And so they did. About an hour through they was ambushed, lost the fight and tried retreating back to the town. Daughter is caught by Khorne beastmen...

So players make it to the town and in there they realize that the daughter was caught (she had poor rolls and on top of that I wanted players to fight for her with the beastman, they could've make it all alive, but they just forgot about her).

So players having realize that run to the captain to tell him everything. He is mad but more afraid about his child. So players start making plans on attacking the beastman. They take forever with it (like hour in real life). I become impatient and decide "if you don't want to heroically go to save her, they will come to you". Beastman and their Chaos Knight leader emerge from the woods, they bring captains daughter still alive. Players still take ages to act. Chaos Knight decapitates daugher while her father watches from the walls. Captain is completly devastated, he cries and scream, demanding gates opened and charges the beastman. Players says fuck it, charges alongside him bringing whole town garnison with them. Bloody battle ensues, just as Chaos Knight wanted. Captain still crying and raving like madmen, fight his way through the enemy ranks like Sigmar incarnate. That is until he gets to the body of his daughter. He collapses holding her headles body in his arms, trying to clumsly put her head back in. Scene is more of a dark humour one but noone is laughing.

Realization that their decision brought this hits players hard. They look sad and depressed. I describe as Chaos Knight walks to the captain. Captain doesn't care, he is in his little world. Players try to fight to him but rolls are not good enough. Chaos Knight kills captain in silence. Two players have tears on their eyes, one is continually saying "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck". I am more suprised than proud. It wasn't even my intention.

>Unintentionally
You are a monster and deserve to suffer

Nope. Do t think theyve ever even been slightly sad in one of my campaigns.

Why?

It was an hyperbole of course, but I think very few players would enjoy seeing the NPC's in whom they are invested emotionally be brutalized despite their efforts.

Of course mine is just a personal view, but I think players should be allowed to take the time they need to plan things, especially if they have just been punished for acting too hurriedly.

From an outsider point of view, it seems like a disproportionate punishment for trying to go off the (invisibile) rails, but that's just my humble opinion, of course..

>despite their efforts
If user didn't lie, they didn't make much efforts at all. They fucking forgot the daughter entirely when they ran, for god's sake.

force feedback combat gets 'em going

Men doesn't cry

Yes, and they were punished by having the chick kidnapped. Then, while they were planning the rescue, it sounds like the DM went "ding ding, you took too much time, she dies, and also the only other guy you care about, no you can't do anything because you roll too low".
Now I realise it's most likely more complicated than that, but if I that is what happened, as a player I would have been less than willing to play another session.

I don't know, when I play (on either side of the DM screen) I've always thought that a good GM is not the one that looks for a way to have the players fail, but one that tries to make the game more interesting. Once again, MHO.

>scene is more of a dark humor one

That doesn't sound very funny. Just unnecessarily edgy and depressing.

>Yes, and they were punished by having the chick kidnapped. Then, while they were planning the rescue, it sounds like the DM went "ding ding, you took too much time, she dies, and also the only other guy you care about, no you can't do anything because you roll too low"
It's warhammer fantasy. If the players fuck up, they're going to get fucked up. It's not heroic fantasy at all. If the players act cowardly, then that's what's going to happen.

Fair enough, although considering their described reactions, I suppose this wasn't perfectly clear to them from the beginning; although, if they enjoyed that, then the DM did well

not an in story event but one of my players cried cause we ran out of guacamole, he was very drunk.

Used to play with other Marines when I was still in the service. I ran a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign for a few years - never made anyone cry, but a few combat situations (with accompanying background audio) induced a panic attack in one of the players. Wasn't very cool, took him a while to calm down after it cleared.

Wow, that's too much bro, I can feel his pain

Thanks for the upboat, reddit-kun!

Two PCs were in love with each other and one of them cut off his own arm to save the other, but it wasn't enough and everyone's favorite character got literally torn in pieces by a dimension closing on him. Out of a group of 5 plus me the GM, 3 of them were crying. It'd been a long and arduous journey and he bit the dust at the most emotional part of the story. His lover actually rolled for suicide but failed. Then he tried again and failed. And tried again...failed. Then he gave up and decided to live.

Everything is edgy these days

That's why you shouldnt play with Jeb

Cry in frustration, yes.

That isn't necessarily a good thing.

>roll for suicide
wot

There shouldn't be room for metagaming semi-OOC planning in a proper RPG. Putting players on the clock is the only way to beat the metagame out of them.

Who said it was?

I think I could do this if I played while drinking. How is D&D when everyone is drinking?

>I got impatient that the players were working on a plan so I rushed them and killed an NPC for shock value
You're a cunt.

>Metagaming
Planning out actions isn't metagaming, you idiot.
>Okay, so I think what I'll do is first I'll pull out my-
>BZZ! You took too much time, your turn ends
Your playing a fucking game with turn based combat, free talking and an importance on inter-party discussion and planning things out, putting a pointless timer on it is just going to frustrate most players and sap the fun out of things

I too hate it when my players take a ridiculous amount of time to plan. But in game it sounds like the characters would have had at least an hour to come up with something. Plus most of the best role playing I've gotten from them happens when I'm quiet and just let them go.

No but one of my players I'm genuinely concerned is going to die from my game.

So his is second character has gone through nothing but suffering. His parents were killed by his first character, his mother is now undead, he thinks hes fucked over eldest brother who he thinks is going to die any day now,the party killed and ressurrected his potential waifu and he has horrorific burn scars that cover half his face and a piece of his helmet has melted into his forehead.

The player says he enjoys the consequences of all the players actions but his family has a history of high blood pressure. His usually goes up when we play mtg or dnd.
On top of that he's been getting lucid dreams of his character's dead mom just staring over him and saying something he can't understand.

Does crying from laughter count?

Putting the clock on player decisions just encourages players to go on auto-pilot.

Lying shitlord

i'll take things that never happened for 500 Alex

>Unintentionally really.
>I become impatient and decide "if you don't want to heroically go to save her, they will come to you".

>unnecessarily
I disagree

If you are GMing you have to be very sure you are a stable enough drunk to run the game properly, so either way you cant get super pissed

If you're a player go nuts, that shit is amazing

Yes. It was a horror game, and to increase the atmosphere, we played in a nearly pitch dark room, illuminated only by my (GM) computer. WoD. I used silent hill music for ambiance and played static whenever danger approached.

They were mortals, being hunted by a serial killer. They got jumped, and managed to apparently kill him and started to relax. Then I BLASTED static and he jumped up and grabbed a PC by the neck while screaming.

We had to stop because the player of said PC broke down crying.

You're that DM and your player is being a drama queen

People who relate true stories tend to spend less time telling us what third parties were thinking.

Also? Undefendable isn't a word. I think you meant "indefensible."

Well, kudos to you man. It's rare when you cause so much stress that someone actually cries during a horror game.

Happened a few times, the first one being when the city that the players had been spending time in for a month in real time was vaporized. They had learned the names of the man who ran the inn they stayed in, as well as his daughter, a local wizard noble who helped them in investigating the cult they were after, even a filthy dwarf selling them information at outrageous prices. Basically, they knew the city and the people living in it. Unfortunately the players made just about every investigation choice that took them the most time in-game, meaning the cult managed to summon an eldritch angel abomination in the middle of the town.

Finish it up with an almost session-long combat against the thing, only for it to blow up and annihilate the town while they could only watch from a nearby hill, and things were quiet and a little teary-eyed after we wrapped up that session.

The next time there were some tears was probably when the group's bard got vaporized. Lots of things have gotten vaporized in our games.

Oh boy I've story for this.
>be me
>14
>first DnD campaign ever
>playing with group of friends from school
>my bro is playing a annoying cunt prankster
>getting on our nerves
>one session he pulls some really elaborate shit
>fails
>has managed to piss us all off even more
>decide retribution is earned
>swing at him for non lethal damage a few times while he's trying to escape this tavern we're holed up in
>get a few good hits, but he's still moving
>chase him to the town gates
>he's much faster at this point so he makes it to the forest, and disappears
>he overhears me and another talking about how we'll probably just stab his shit if we ever see him again
>asks the GM if he can roll to kill himself
>GM, who has been bothered the most by this guys antics just sighs
>"I'll allow it."
>he rolls
>it's a garbage roll
>GM: "You stab yourself and miss
>everyone keks hard
>bro comes back from the forest the next morning
>we lovingly beat the shit out of him for his own good
>he tones down the pranks afterwards
Sometimes, a good beating is really the best thing for someone.

youtu.be/FyiGwzaR_UM

A game that I was heavily invested in because it was the only time of the week I felt happy ended after a fight started in the group.

I cried periodically for a few weeks.

Don't have a story, but I remember seeing a series of Youtube videos relating to a insecure muslim autist who would cry frequently during livestreamed games.

Can't remember the name for the life of me, but one video I remember of him was where he reveals that he was sheltered from the events of 9/11 to the point where he didn't know it even happened for several years.

Can anyone help me out as to where these vids are?

My players did a big campaign called G7 over 2 years. The characters basically fight the biggest evil guy of all times and are suposed to sacrifice themselve in the end. Call it railroading but that's how the campaign should end.

So we regulary met every second week had a really great group dynamic. Roleplayed the backstories, their motivation. Developed the characters through their fictional lifes until every of them grew close to us. They made and lost friends, had great fights, laughed a lot. Then they died. One after another in a matter of a few minutes. Character gone, never to be played again.

Two seriously dropped a Tear. All agreed it was the best campaign they ever played tho. Made me feel good as a GM.

>
>>scene is more of a dark humor one
>That doesn't sound very funny. Just unnecessarily edgy and depressing.
It's fucking Warhammer you baffoon

Once, yeah. Its a campaign held in my own setting where Witches are the biggest baddest thing there can be. Its a big plague dooming the world and pretty one everyone is scared of other people being witches in disguise.

The players, working for a Group of Witchhunters, were accused of working with a witch and covering her. (one girl thats in the group) The Girl was blindfolded, tortured and manipulated into admtting to be a witch (otherwise, her child would have been killed)

The players had to choose now to kill the affirmative Witch in their own group (who really wasn't a Witch!), but actually indeed were unsecure if she WAS a witch. It was their only way to proof their loyality. It was pretty tricky, they really didn't know what to do. It was awesome, and they cried. But they didn't kill her.

I made a GM cry once by sidestepping their entirely well crafted encounter with three maps, five separate floors, over three dozen gangers, one HTR team and three weeks worth of buildup with one roll.
Don't make your Boss a smoker who smokes outside and I won't pop their head from a kilometer out.
I was almost kicked from the campaign for that one.

>ruining the fun for everyone
You should have gone with the railroad.

you sound like a shit DM

I should have. But a lesson was needed. Always listen to what a player is asking. I knew the GM smoked, and I quit. I merely had to wait for the GM to get antsy, and ask if the guy smokes outside or inside. He was so antsy to go that he said outside, and I held him up to pop the guy while scouting.
He took a long smoke break after that.

I'm back, if you are interested, here is a bit of explanations
Let me explain why it was "unintentional" and surprising to me: I was surprised of the players feelings and connections toward those characters. It turned out that I and my players had different persective on this things. I was under the impression that they treated said Captain as just assistant. They came to him for help, when they was in trouble, to get information, sometimes when they was wounded, they never tried to help him or spend time with him, or join forces as in join town guard. Similarly his daugher was treated as a "just love interest". I was convinced that the girl is not very big deal even for her lover after he completly forgot about her during their retreat. Then they took forever to mount helping party, trying to plan it best so that they won't get hurt, while in the same time girl could be tortured, eaten alive or worse. Then
Khorne Chaos Knight bringing her to the towns gate wasn't out of character for him. He had no interest in her as a slave and did not want to have her as hostage. Chaos Knights only intention was to bleed the town and have a battle.

And while she is kneeling before this horrible figure, with a literal sword to her neck what do they do? They talk for hour, trying to come with plans of how to go behind them or try to talk to the Chaos Knight, ransom her. Chaos Knight would not wait more than a couple minutes, just enough to make sure that enough people is watching.

At this point I am convinced that the girl and her father are just random friendly NPC for them. And so I try to play it cool and make a dark, edgy warhammer scene out of all this. Keep in mind that player characters weren't really shining beacons of light. They were just a step above murderhobos.

Players later told me that they felt that the girl and her father were only really friendly people in this town. Specks of lights in the night.

No I just play with dudes but I did make them feel genuinely betrayed by an NPC once.

They took them for granted. Actually all of this, made players more invested in the story. At the campaign finale they did not run, they died making sure that Khorne Chaos Knight go out with them. If I remember correctly, girls lover was not able to beat him in combat but was able to tackle him to the river and they both drowned pulled in deep by their armor.

Well I pledge guilty, but it was highschool and I was a bit edgy back then, plus as other user told it was warhammer.

Players took ages. It was not like I wanted lighting fast responsed. But when a guy has a sword to the neck of the girl and is basically shouting "I will kill her, unless you come out now!" And players go back and forth for tenth time insted of acting, I can go impatient. I think that a sense of urgency is much needed to feel real danger.

You are probably the types of players that when your character have a gun to their head and antagonist is saying "throw your weapons", you take freaking 2 hours to come with most unrealistic plan to disarm him and kill everyone in the room and their mothers. And as you get shot in the head you start bitching about GM not being fair.

Well to put that in perspective, they thought 2 hours about how to run from the town, then they prepared for another hour, then another hour to actually ride out. At this point my players took forever to wipe their asses.

Why would I lie on the mongolian basket weaving anonymous telegraphic newspaper? If you ever played, you would have stories like that too.

Well, this players still want me to run games for them and sometimes we do.

They weren't even working out a plan, they were going back and forth of how they should proceed. And it was completly in line with what Khorne Chaos Knight would do.

Well English isn't my first language so, thanks I guess.

Also? Don't tell me how to narrate my stories, narrate your own and if you do it good, then maybe I will try to emulate your way.

Khorne knights would never execute a defenseless woman if there is a chance their fathers would take up the sword to defend her. Even a Chaos Knight wouldn't harm her of her father brought himself to the field to free her. They are huge on chivalry and shit, and would kill a father who fights to spur a child to take up the sword, not the other way around.

The difference between those two scenarios is one situation is a hostage situation where the players are likely going to face a number of foes and want to set up a plan to make sure they are prepared, when cops get into a hostage situation, they don't just rush in and do whatever, they plan things out. Your strawman about me doesn't change the fact that you set up a situation, the players wanted to hash out a plan to best tackle said situation, and rather than allow your players to do this, or just say 'hey guys, wanna hurry things up?" you just said "nah fuck it, you guys are being punished for taking up my time".

Trying to force urgency will only encourage players to run in half-cocked with no plan and improvise shit as they go along, which isn't necessarily a bad thing until they do it all the time and become too impatient to sit down and think up a plan when the situation actually calls for it.
To be honest, I'd rather players take a moment to come up with a plan because that at least shows that they're invested enough not to risk throwing their characters into the meat grinder just to move the story along.

PTSD?

DnD 5e, they're about to finish the Paladins big "righting my wrongs" quest

Girl playing girlbard steals some shit from powerful caster on their way to finish the quest
caster finds them, bard provokes fight
bard is on the ground, disintegrate going for her
Paladin:"can i throw myself infront of her to stop the disintegrate?"
me:"sure, but you'll autofail the dex save"
Paladin is taken to -2 HP

Bard player cries

Bard player cries during the combat anyways

players continues to feel like utter shit for a good hour for ruining the paladins quest with her selfishness for loot

all in all a good session

Well we are very different views on Khorne Knights. For me they are psychos who are huge on violence, they will slaughter whole village just to erect a huge statue of khorne from the bodies of all the slain. In my world they are not chivalrious, they just don't care for the weak and meak. They treat them as cattle. He wasn't really happy just slaughtering defensless woman but he didn't mind either. He wanted to use her to have the thing he really wanted, battle. They weren't coming for he defense, when she was alive, so he went to plan B and tried to enrage them.

Well, now we have strawman battle. Why do you think I did not try to hurry my players? I told them at least couple times that Chaos Knight have literal sword to the neck of their girlfriend and they did not mind. They did not even try to communicate with him to play for time.

And you make assumption that I belive is contradicted in my original story. I did not make MY PLAYERS attack. Only thing that I did was to make Chaos Knight kill her and then for her father and ONLY her father to run like a madmen toward them. My player had choice and opportunity to just bunker up in the town. Not even 1 soldier from the garrison run after their commander they were too scared. It was players that made them charge the Khorne Beastmen. My player still could make other decision. Beastman weren't going to attack walls.

>my views are different
Yes, they're wrong.

Now that's a fucking paladin.

>the father isn't coming out to save the child
>father's dishonourable, kill the child

Simple logic.

Any knight knows a bargaining chip is a bargaining chip.

Ok, I did not realize that fantasy role playing worlds are hard science. You know in almost every rule book and in Warhammer specially there are this things "Gamemaster is the ultimate judge of the world and rules". You play you, I play me.

Hey, if it made for a memorable scene, it's fine. Ignore the other guy. Did you play more good campaigns with that group?

>They did not mind
The fact that your players took multiple hours, in your words, to plan this situation out meant they did mind, they did care. Players that don't care will charge in without a second thought just to get into the fight, players that do care take their time, feeling out a situation and trying to figure out every possible result to draw the situation to a conclusion that they desire. You saw it as 'these guys are wasting time, I'll have the knight kill the girl to teach them a lesson' but the reality was those players spent their time invested in your situation, and you punished then for it.

>Any knight knows a bargaining chip is a bargaining chip.
And he USED the bargaining chip. Since keeping her alive didn't get the knight to come out, killing her might have worked. And it did work

>Don't tell me how to narrate my stories
you're on Veeky Forums

You're right, thus when I DM a Warhammer game I'll have a council of Orcs who desire to create a peaceful society without any duress or conflict, and they extend an olive branch to the empire in hopes of creating a utopia of happiness. I'm DM so even if my idea goes completely against the established lore then ita all okay, right?

Next time they'll know not to get too invested in THAT GM's story.

Yea, it's all right as long as it's good story and your players will be judges of that.

>established lore
Show me and even I you do please remember I did not play Fantasy battle at the time and only had original Warhammer Role Playing book. In our group we talked about all of this things and had similar vision of things. I always had Khorne Berserkers for real psychos that was in the rip and tear stuff. Chivlary is for good knights. Chaos Knights just don't care for the meek so they might not massacre them, because it's just not fun but they for sure won't mind doing it if they feel it's funny or if they don't have anything better to do. They might even slaughter couple villages to make real forces fight them in open field.

>Any knight knows a bargaining chip is a bargaining chip.
No real knight is a dirty, slimy merchant. He might do agreement and arrangments but he will not trade or traffic.

Maybe they will pay attention to the NPCs they're invested in instead of leaving them behind on the field of battle when they run.

When it goes against the established lore though, people who know, and are invested in, the lore are going to call you out on it.

Why even make him a follower of Khorne if you aren't going to have him be honorable and looking for a good fight? Hell, killing a child to provoke the father into action and stabbing him in the back as he grieves sounds like something a Tzeentch follower would do.

Or maybe they'll just not get invested at all and charge into every conflict because that's apparently the most effective.

In the situation for sure. But not invested in the fate of this girl. They planed for so long for their own safety and to have highest chances of "winning" against beasman. They did not care about safety of the girl. They did not deserve to save her. They would not save her if they acted like that in "real life situation". I was completly open to options, like 1 player wanting to duel Chaos Knight, players trying to ransom (only thing that Knight wanted was big battle), players playin for time. But they only planned how best to defeat the enemy, not how to rescue the girl.

Jokes on you, after years they still want to play with me as a DM, despite the fact that our RPG circles are quite extensive and they have many alternatives.

Sure they do user. Whatever you say.

Could you please show me where in lore Khorne Knights are honorable? Actually curious.

>and looking for a good fight
He was looking for a good, hard fight. Only thing that matters to him. He will use everything he can to get it. I know some people argue that Khorne have redeming qualities like chivlary but I think that is redundant to actually good gods like Sigmar and Ulric. Personally I like chaos god nihilistic and evil, this is my favorite Khorne speech youtube.com/watch?v=AbmDLVFAaec
He doesn't care for meek, slaughter is slaughter. Better, harder target, better fight and slaughter. But blood is blood.

>because that's apparently the most effective
At this point they fucked hard, charge was last gamble to save the girl. They did not have to make it. They just have to let the girl and her father die. But if they wanted to save her, they should act fast and decisive. They already fucked up, now was the time to gamble or lick their wounds.

He didn't cry, but one player did basically have a minute where he just shut down. NPC his character was emotionally invested in accompanied the party on a mission and got eaten by a froghemoth. The party did manage to kill it, but not before the NPC went way into the negatives.

He got better when the NPC regenerated, which he knew she could do already but had forgotten.

>They did not care about safety of the girl. They did not deserve to save her
Well, that's that then, you really are just a shitty DM

>At this point they fucked hard
Because you decided "hey, you fucks are taking too long, so here's a boss fight and oops, the hostage is dead."

A decent GM would've given them time to plan things out and every hour that they spend planning, the Khorne knight is amassing more forces to either defend his keep or sack the village where the PC's are. That way, they get enough time to plan but there's still a factor of time to take into account.

What you did was just lazy and heavy-handed and it makes me think that the party was more invested in your story than you were.

Yes.
During a raid on a enemy they had rescued a group of slave girls that joined their merry little band as camp followers. One of the players got really attached to one girl in particular.

After a truly gruelling dungeon (as in, several sessions of horrific luck on the players part and about 2 sessions so bad no progress was made) they finally emerged triumphant, alive, and closer to their goal.

When they returned to the main camp, currently just outside a city, they found their new friends had been working hard to earn money to show their appreciation for their saviours.

One of the slaves had been a jeweller previously, so they had pooled their earned money and she use it to buy supplies to make them all a little brooch.

The girl the player had grown attached to was the one to design the brooch they received, and they apparently were so touched by the gesture that combined with the relief/triumph at finishing the dungeon they cried.

>Could you please show me where in lore Khorne Knights are honorable?

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
>He is said to smile upon feats of valour, strength and blood-drenched warrior skill, and is the patron of proud warriors who set themselves against the odds and emerge triumphant through strength and skill.
>The Warriors of Khorne, though gore-maddened berserkers all, take no artful approach to killing, for such indulgent displays serve only to empower Slaanesh, the honorless adversary of Khorne amongst the company of the gods.
>It is also due to the warrior-code of the devotees of Khorne, who believe it is the solemn right of every warrior to die an honorable death in battle with sword and axe in hand.
So a follower of Khorne wouldn't have stabbed a grieving knight in the back.

Let's try to analyze that for a second, ok?

Should players save girl because of their actions?
>No, they actually put her in danger taking her with them, then forget about her when they run, then failed to come to her rescue and then failed to even come out of the town to fight the man that was clearly threaten to kill her in a second time

Should players save the girls because they are player characters and they should get everything in the world, because they want it and are special and are heroic.
>If you are that kind of a DM and player. Not my kind really.

So girl should be dead by ingame logic. Actually she should be killed while player fleed from beastman, she should be riped apart by the beasts, only reason she wasn't was the fact that by some miracle Chaos Knight realized she is Captain daughter and acted in time to prevent beastman from killing her. That was enough bullshit, divine GM mercy from me. She was alive that long because she was special to the players.

>to either defend his keep or sack the village where the PC's are
Thank you for showing me that you are to dense to actually read.

The players had defensible position in a well defended town at the moment. Khorne Knight had no chance of actually breaking it then. He was just standing at the edge of forest with the girl on her knees. Your complete lack of reading comprehension is in very nice line with your way of thinking as a player.

Should've confirmed that your roll was good enough to insta him, then ask the GM if you could incap him instead.

That way HE knows what you almost did, and everyone can enjoy the encounter. You even get to grandstand a little as mooks scramble outside to recover their boss and pick some more off. Makes the rest of the battle easier and you get to build some brownie points.

Kind of like laying out your wincon and scooping instead of ending a game of EDH.

>So a follower of Khorne wouldn't have stabbed a grieving knight in the back.
That is entirely up to the individual, user, not a rule.

Well nowhere there is anything about them being "chivalrous", so you proved yourself wrong.

>So a follower of Khorne wouldn't have stabbed a grieving knight in the back
He wasn't a knight, I said nowhere that the captain was a knights. He was a warior for sure in his days. But in the moment he was broken and pathetic. Not deserving honorable death. Khorne Knights wouldnt stab him if he was fighting, but now he laid broken, not a warior anymore. A weakling and Knight had a battle on his hands.

A follower of Khorne would only view the keep as an even greater challenge to overcome and would work to actually trying to breach it for personal glory.

I mean what, are you seriously telling me that the fort is literally impossible to break into? There are plenty of stories where the most defensible locations still got breached by enemy forces in one way or another.

I made several players cry, repeatedly, in a brutal Werewolf the Forsaken game I ran a few years ago.
A combination of player investment, good storytelling on my part and cruel circumstances drove it. For my part, the game was mentally and emotionally exhausting for everyone, none more than myself, and I don't know if I would ever run a campaign so dark and hopeless seeming again.

If you want to follow the lore, he wouldn't have stabbed a defenseless child in the back. If you want to invent new rules to suit your purposes, don't call them followers of Khorne.

It's not hard.

They didn't fail anything, YOU made them fail, if you wanted then to act quickly, don't give them time to plan things out, instead you have them time to plan, but got impatient because, to you, they were taking too long, and then YOU forced the failure onto them.

You admit the girl was special to these players, and you even went so far as to have her be a linchpin for this situation, along with her father, and rather than give these NPCs the proper gravity to their roles, you threw both of them away cause you were impatient and you wasted those players investments into your story.

Veeky Forums just constantly shits on GMs, whatever they do.
I'm sure it's because half of Veeky Forums is players who know they couldn't possibly run a game because they're too dumb for that. The other half is dumb mongs that don't even play games and just copy the other half.

>If you want to follow the lore
You are the one assuming that every follower of Khorne is exactly the same and follows some highfalutin "code of honor" that expressly only applies to some in the lore.
These aren't paladins where any breach of Code of Conduct means their god turns their back on them, they are brutal warriors to the last where victory and presenting the blood and skulls of their foes is first and foremost.

>Veeky Forums just constantly shits on GMs, whatever they do.
This, which is why I never take any critique this board makes on GMs are face value. It's full would be players that want to see wrong.