January effect and a modest proposal

I'm assuming everyone knows about the January effect (if not you can read about it here: investopedia.com/terms/j/januaryeffect.asp). Now, the usefullness of the January effect has recently come under fire from various experts – but from a market psychology perspestive it should still hold true (enough people believe in it, etc, etc).

Assuming the January effect will also apply to crypto we can expect a rise in the well known coins the next month. This should affect BitCoin, LiteCoin and ETH. It might also apply to Ripple due to the recent rise to fame. This should be good news to anyone still holding any of these coins – so more or less all of us.

However; if we're a little productive and pick a less known coin which we hype tomorrow and until 2. - 5.1.18 we MIGHT just manage to pull enough normies and their bonuses into it to make it go over the fucking moon. This would require some delicacy, a few people with the abillity to write decent copy and a few people with tecnical know-how. We also need to PICK ONE FUCKING COIN. And this is the most difficult part of the process – because we're horrible at making up our minds and working together.

But yeah; watch for the January effect.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VgX8QVn
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&q=Stellar,XLM,XRP,Ripple
lockchain.co/
stellar.org/
stellar.org/how-it-works/stellar-basics/
stellar.org/how-it-works/use-cases/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mid January are the rumors circulating in the Wall St community. The whales are coming back around that time. Expect a 50-70% increase in values

PLS BE TRUE IM SO RED THESE LAST WEEKS

I think stellar is perfect it is fame enough for normies has good tech and still low enough Marcet cap to go to the moon

The most rational post on biz right now backed by factual historical evidence.

Too bad it will be buried under a sea of pink wojaks claiming the bubble has burst.

Yeah im all in XLM, cant wait NASDAQ articles and IBM to be plastered all over the media

Pretty much, this is why I'm bumping this thread a second time

Fucking how? this is the biggest bullrun we had in a while?

I do agree that XLM has been getting some buzz lately and seeing as it's often linked up to Ripple it should be fairly easy to get normies into it once January comes.

Not at all against it as our January push project.

how is this a bull run?

I don't know what you mean. That Bazinga fella is nice and he posts hot women. Kucoin? Anyone want Kucoin? I heard it's going to moon!

But yeah, I want to get a little bit more XLM before the new year but coinbase has a low limit for credit and Kraken STILL hasn't verified my identity in 2 weeks.

>bitcoin maximalist
>or a newfag
stay poor kek.

If he's holding BitCoin he would be in the red
Alt-Coin has been doing really well lately.

probably worth more than you still

While Alt-Coin has been a lot of fun lately I don't think it's that strange to be holding a lot of Bitcoin. Most quick traders (day/Hour/Minute) seem to move their gains back into BitCoin, Lite or ETH because it's easier to buy others with it.

BitCoin also has a lot working for it in terms of market psychology.

this

theres a big chance that OP is right - im anticipating this too

its typical that Veeky Forums is full of FUD when things dip a bit - thats just the reactionary nature of this inuite basket weaving board

the crypto market is still very young - we will see the uptrend continue well into the future

accumulate, hold and never sell at a loss (assuming that all of us here havent made a loss and are free rolling, as you may have found that it was almost impossible to lose in 2017)

Veeky Forums convinced me a BTC surge was imminent so I went all in.

zoom out bruh

or did you get into crypto last week?

You're a shill. Literally the same short talking points all over the board. You're probably from a discord shilling hard for shitcoins

2017 was a very good year – but to be honest a lot of mainstream BIZ people and ex-Veeky Forumsers came back DUE to the moon launch of bitcoin.

So a lot of us missed out, which is good news because we're hungry and when people in the mainstream biz world arrive we bring with us Bob, Harry and John the small saver.

Should I exit all alt-coins for the beginning of January and ride the BTC wave?

keep dreaming buddy, remember to sell low.

You do realize that I didn't actually shill any coin? If anything I asked people to shill me a coin and I'll buy whatever people shill the hardest because that has the greatest chance of going semi-mainstream.

Remember how hard we all shilled Bitcoin the first 6 years?

I got into crypto in 2012, still losing 200k in two weeks eventhough I cut losses for over 100k doesn't sit right

cope harder newcoiner

I guess it depends on what you're holding – but if you're seeing chances at 50% gains on those alt-coins then probably not. Also; Bitcoin probably won't be great for day/minute/Hour trading

New Discord Pump Group "Tornado Pumps"

We are a team of highly dedicated members hell bent on capturing the cryptocurrency scene.
Be a part of it or miss out big time.
Let's get this snowball rolling!

discord.gg/VgX8QVn

if you joined in 2012 - you must be loaded with cash? or...?

>cries about red weeks
>actually loses money in this epic alt boom
>calls others newcoiners
JUST

If you were in the market in 2012 then don't fret. You still made gains previously unknown to man. I mean – there's litererally NEVER been a better return on investment. IF you sold TODAY you'd still make better money than anyone has ever made on any other tradable resource.

But I get that the thought 'I could have made X more' sucks. Still; Good job.

spent most on drugs, I wouldnt have known about it if not for silkroad

hey, so you turned 200 bucks into 600, good for you kiddo

Sounds interesting; how much money do you collectively hold?

Actually yes,

>still butthurt about losing 200k
>n-no u
>doesn't make gains 1000% in one month
>600 dollars
The way you are heading you will probably have 600 dollars or less. Remember to buy high and sell low, buddy.

It happens – if you came here from stocks or anything else really, just remember that things move at a few thousand times the speed you're used to.

I see you came here during the trump elections, cute

>its typical that Veeky Forums is full of FUD when things dip a bit - thats just the reactionary nature of this inuite basket weaving board

All the hysterical drama is entertaining but besides the wojak larping there is a lot of genuine fud going on. A lot of people on here seem incapable of thinking long term.

why is everyone complaining about red numbers?

Oh, i see, you didn't know about Skycoin earlier.

I'm sorry for you bro's - here have a cookie:
t.me/Skycoin

It happens in every market. Panic selling is a hallmark of the average Joe with savings.

Truth be told the only thing traders really have going for them (except some computer software, more money and machines built to trade in milliseconds) is the fact that they're less shaky (less, they're still shaky as fuck).

Can't see a better choice than xlm right now

LARGE IF CORRECT

buy le dib

we should band together with xmr. it's literally what btc should have been.

Just had another look at XLM – IF it keeps current upwards trajectory until January 1st it will explode and then develop into a blood-bath sometime towards the end of the month.

IF.

something something compromised

very interesting

would like to read more like this on Veeky Forums instead all the stupid shilling and fear threads.

Not entierly sure what to make of this, could be a good sign:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&q=Stellar,XLM,XRP,Ripple

It LOOKS at first glance as if XRP pulls XLM up with it, but for now it looks more stable. At the very least it is not widely known.

Thank you user for calming my nerves, now I can conclude this year with at least some rest in my heart and not go out while in full high-cortisol cold sweat mode.

Lets shill REQ - im also pretty deep in XLM, but i think that REQ is more normie friendly. The whole Y Combinator thing could make a listing on Coinbase seem pretty legit, and the PayPal 2.0 is easy to understand + the logo seems better than a rocket.

> sold LINK at 0.00058 ETH
> sold REQ at 0.000425 ETH
kmp

Do try to remember that this is supposed to be FUN (not subconciously shilling FUN to you). Enjoy this while it lasts. You'll also learn lots to use on stocks later. If your nervs survive this market you're going to survive any market.

imo relatively low market cap coin trading on binance at least..

Like everything that explodes, but it always end higher unless it's very shitty. Just gotta be smart, sell and rebuy lower

Ripple 101
----------

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare.

-Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere which requires inflation and/or outrageous fees (as in Bitcoin)

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and setup your own trusted validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., MIT, Microsoft, ..etc), many more keep joining.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

I forgot to mention it in my first post, but there is another important step here: When / If you do pick an alt-coin and assuming you have deepish pockets – don't go all in all at once*. Portion it out to help maintain a steady upwards trajectory and make sure you're all in by January 1st at 13:00 (people will be sobering up and kicking out guests).

.* By all in I mean all the money you plan to use on this project. I'm not saying you have to go ALL IN with all your funds.

What about lockchain?

Not trying to sell my bags, cos I have none, but I genuinely don't know why this project is so low-key now.

> airbnb killer
> actual use case
> normies can understand the idea

You can buy it only on ED and HitBTC tho, but I guess normies will have to adapt

lockchain.co/

If you read my top post I'm predicting a rise for RIPPLE as well, but I consider RIPPLE almost mainstream after all the news the last 24 hours.

Normies don't adopt.
Think about anyone you know between 45 - 60, that's the people driving the massive spikes.

What about KCS?
It is a hot topic in biz already and pays dividends, which appeals to share-minded normies

Hmm, possibly a good long term investment: not sure, but the trajectory seems wrong for 1st of January boom.

I second. XLM. How would we do it though?
I can buy at ATH for a moment but will be out at around $1000 spent. I'm minimally invested in it only.

I think I'm putting in a buy order for XLM at 0.00002103

i agree, normies love req

source: i am a normie

It has had quite a rally lately, I think janeff is supposed to work with coins that dipped in December and are considered undervalued in January.

ZRX?
I mean it's the cheapest that I know Ox.
ICX? It's Samsung backed

What do you think about Stellar?

I've made up my mind; I'm going 50% into XLM if I can get it at around 0.00002103

I'm trying to think what would appeal to normies.
It has to be inexpensive. There is a psychological effect of owning a full coin, instead of some 0.00335 number.
How are you going to tell people that you own a coin if you don't own a full coin. It's like collecting Pokemon.
GAY coin is mooning for fucks sake

>stellar.org/

>stellar.org/how-it-works/stellar-basics/

>stellar.org/how-it-works/use-cases/

what do u think? Banking on the 2.5billion unbanked, ye m8 we going interstellar and the people are going to be building this one

Im 1/3 in XLM
I would just like to hear a normie opinion

my super power is a cocktail of a hyper inflated ego, elitism, and indifference to death. get your shit straight.

I trade in ETH exclusively now.
Let me see what I can do.
I also think that a lot of people coming now are picking up ETH as the pair because it's cheaper.
I wish I knew what population are we dealing with.
It looks like maybe the older normies go for bitcoin while the younger go for alts with fun names and good logo.
XBY would be good too, but it's mooning as we speak.

>he thinks that saving dank OC means he came during the election
>butthurt that he's been holding BTC well others have made 100x more than him with "shit" coins

So shill us on coins that you would pick when...err...if Ripple crashes

We're dealing with the deadliest foe of all. The DotCom Oldie.

Look at the patterns and you see insane panic at the slightest downwards move. They remember DotCom and they said NEVER AGAIN, but then crypto is too tempting and they invest in it; only to fear total collapse at any moment.

I probably qualify as a normie, I'm 40% in XLM

Sounds about right, ancestors rained down on the streets during the 20s?

Yeah. The TV says it's a bubble so it's a bubble.
This is a new market in the exploration phase. Like dotcom in EARLY nineties.
Maybe we should actually meme this more?
That the TV lies and that this is the beginning, not the end.
Like early 90 not the late 90. So just concentrate on finding the new Amazon of crypto.

When did you guys buy XLM?

Also the smart people made a shit ton of money during dotcom.
Noone remembers that.
EBay, Amazon, Apple- that all was in that " bubble "

>Maybe we should actually meme this more?

Probably – if you do it elsewhere. No one's going to be calmer because Veeky Forums said it. Writing Medium articles seem to be the best way to get stuff like this out right now.

And I agree in general; No bubble lasts 2 - 5 months. We're seeing a year or two at the least.

This

Shhh I'm trying to acquire more coins OP, let the fud continue! BTC TO 100$

How'd that Ja unary effect work out for you in 2013?

>older normies
they're probably BTC and ETH if anything. I don't think they've really entered the market.
over 100 million households in the US and something like 10-15 million coinbase accounts. We haven't seen anything. nothing has really established itself yet.
Ever notice how normalfags talk about shit but never 1. know what they are talking about 2. say anything truthfully/in a way that is matter-of-fact? they haven't invested fuck all. Business has been standing on the sidelines and only recently started to get their feet wet. We haven't seen shit.

see above, also I'm 90% sure this will happen next January, and it will be pretty harsh on anything that isn't enterprise.

I'm an abandoned gook, fuck if I know.

>the usefullness of the January effect has recently come under fire from various experts
It didn't. If it was a surefire thing we wouldn't have markets.

people keep telling me to hang on to my Qlink but I want to get out so bad
Pray this thing shoots up in Jan

In between imminent VISA and FairX announcements in January, XLM already has organic hype building quickly for it. I don't think any other coin has bigger news coming out in January, TBQH. Add a sprinkle of Teeka's meme magic and XLM is primed for normie FOMO at an unprecedented level.

t. XLM bagholder with 250k, but that doesn't make my shill points any less true

January effect is alive and well on small caps and speculation plays. As crypto behaves similarly to those i think it's a reasonable expectation a pump of some kind will indeed happen on the popular coins.

Main thing to watch out for is volume. If a coin has a ton of trading volume but otherwise holding flat or in a slow bleed, it's inevitable that it will pump eventually. Just make sure to secure profits so you don't wind up hodling the dump.

Also, on the stock side, watch out for massive pumping on weed stocks in Jan. There are already tremors. Volume spiked hard last week.

There's going to be boomer/normie surge right after holidays

You best fucking sell that shit as soon as possible. Look at their website, their goal, their white paper and tell me how any of that garbage is useful in the real world? Sell when it goes above your buy price.

Ok but how do we make this mainstream. That's what we need to talk.

the voices in my head tell me on january 2nd china will announce the reopening of exchanges under new regulations. they estimate 200-300b USD increase in the total marketcap of cryptocurrencies, with 89% going towards crypto based in china. heed their advice or don't but they never speak to me unless it's important

This is the market exploration phase of the new market, so yeah its wildly unknown. And I totally agree with you. This is nothing. 500 billion but media screams
>> It's a HALF A TRAZILLION dollars
Because it sounds more imminent and catastrophic. And the truth is the crypto market is in the diapers and is worth nothing as of yet.
A lot of articles talk about biz/ and a lot of people claiming to be insiders talk about biz/. This is no longer a hidden gem.
How many dumb questions like:
>>how do you know what exchanges sell XYZ shit coin, can you Google it for me?
>>I don't understand, people tell me to count in satoshi but I trade in ETH
And so on and so forth.
In other words, don't overestimate the power of biz/ kek

I think so too actually. Chinese government is a lot of things but they are not stupid.
Mao's cultural revolution taught them a lesson to some extent

Push the IBM connection. Possibly tweet at IBM to make them talk about it too..

This^^ million times this.
Wells Fargo is too...boomer

>mainstream

Its k they got it under control. NASDAQ deep into Stellar and keeps posting shit about IBM so expect a huge article on Monday and an announce from Stellar about their 2018 roadmap

I prefer the slow gradual increase. Means I dont have to pay as much taxes in a year ;)

I'm hoping for more of an "eternal september" effect.