Exalted General /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Arms of the Chosen has been released edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=55ANN_2qU0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SWLIHN IS BEST GIRL

Post interesting stuff from Arms of the Chosen. Based on info we get:

a) If it is good, you faggots should all buy the book. No exceptions.

b) If the book is bad, don't buy it and let Exalted line die.

a statement of the meaning of a term

Agreed

So a) it hurts. Amazing shit.

I will do whatever I want you self-righteous asshole

It can be as good as it it wants, I don't like item-oriented content in the first place.

I am 20 pages in and it's already worth the money.

Also fuck you, don't tell me what to do.

Arms "to be released in two months" of the Chosen is finally here, I guess, 8 months later.

Daily reminder we're going to pirate the whole book and share it here, and there's NOTHING they can do about it.

You're making me want to share it less and less, user.

no one cares. if you don't, someone else will.

>I am 20 pages in and it's already worth the money.
One page of guidance on how to make custom Evocations, and 3 pages of Craft Errata is worth $15 to you?

Are you going to do it?

Different user here, but I really want that guidance page, yo.

nah, not giving them my money for 5 seconds of e-fame on Veeky Forums.

Okay guys, how about we all calm down and wait? Another 4 years can´t hurt as much as the predeceeding ones.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You sure have an attitude for someone planning to lech off those people.

I shouldn't be this hype for this book.

Quick, Veeky Forums, tell me the line is dead to help me contain it.

Sorry I'm not sucking your dick? No rule says I have to be nice to you.

DED GAEM

What is the name of that orb/globe that drives back the Wyld for a certain radius?

Rainwalker is a blue jade parasol. A fucking umbrella, I already love it. Its powers include reducing falling damage, increasing the effectiveness of full defense, and as its capstone, blow away rain and strong winds, even storms and tempests in an area.

Fucking Ryoga would be elated.

>Veeky Forums is reeing over whether or not people should pirate it
>SV is happy about it in between EarthScorpion's ongoing autism about Autochthon
>Reddit is mostly going "Neat. I really wish we had Dragonblooded".
>Onyx Path forums are actually talking about what's in the book

Why are you even mad about this? If piracy bothers you, don't post the book. If bragging about it bothers you, then don't act like you're better than them for spending money. You're still enabling their piracy, as well as their shitty behavior, so why do you care about how strangers act

Whoops
>their combined purchase amount will be the cost of buying the PDF/PoD combo.
Hmmmm. Anyone know exactly how much that's going to be? I'm kinda poorfag right now, and I wanna wait to buy just the physical book alone, how much more would the combo be?

Wondrous Globe of Precious Stability. It's in the corebook, p. 603.

I'm not botgered by the piracy, I am bothered by taking it for granted that others will enable your leeching.

Same as people that never seed.

Razor Dancer and Wise Steel, soulsteel paired short daiklaives, have few evocations, but that's because they're Form and can be used with similar martial arts styles.

Compared to other artifacts, which have a large amount of Evocations, it feels better to have an artifact that has only a small amount of powerful ones.

Fuck ALL this shit about artifacts and Evocations, I want to know about the warstrider rules! Do they have rules for power armor too? Someone with the pdf, give us the juicy details!

Thank

>>SV is happy about it in between EarthScorpion's ongoing autism about Autochthon
That's the funniest part, ES's autistic ramblings about Autobot's souls while people try to discuss the first new material in months.

Nothing could symbolise SV better

Then back to the original point. If not you, then someone else. Post it or don't. You're not special and no one will think you are.

Warstrider rules got posted here months ago - I think they got leaked when the devs showed people the manuscript at GenCon.

Power armor is literally just normal armor with different fluff now, and maybe a few more front-loaded Evocations. You just say that you're activating a module built into the armor when you learn the Evocation.

I wouldn't really call it leaked when something is revealed at a con.

What sort of Evocations does Vainglory, the magic crown mentioned in the preview of the book, and listed in with the artifact weapons in the table of contents, have?

> First new material in months

It's been years user, unless you're counting shitty single npc entries

Has some neat tricks, like:
Vainglory’s wielder cannot submit to those she despises. Whenever the Exalt takes damage from a decisive attack, she gains Initiative equal to the rating of her highest negative Tie toward her attacker.

Also, can be attuned to by mortals with a defining intimacy of pride

How do you fight with it? Do you fire laser beams or something, or is it more along the lines of Sailor Moon's Moon Tiara Boomerang?

Also you can throw it into the heart of someone that hates you and revert that Intimacy into a positive one, and it can't be undone during that story.

Ohh, mistsword can shroud an entire region in extremely thick fog for a month. We demon's souls now.

It really is Sailor Moon's Tiara.

Its themes are based around being really arrogant and conceited. If you have an intimacy related to pride or whatever (shortened to Conceit), you add (Conceit) bonus dice to rolls to instill a tie towards you, and (Conceit) to Resolve against social influence that would make you doubt yourself or reject yourself or your actions. Also, a mortal with a defining intimacy of pride can also attune to it with 5 temporary willpower, which I think is too much, mortals don't get cool enough things as-is.

Some of its Evocations are:
>Subjugating Strike, which imposes a cumulative -1 penalty (up to Conceit) to the target's Resolve to any social influence you apply against the target this scene.
>Burning Demiurge Halo, which permanently enhances Joint-Wounding Attack, Mist on Water Attack and Fiery Solar Chakram; the first allows you to scar someone with a permanent sigil or mark, the second allows you to kill people so silently in public that it becomes obvious and grotesque in how silent it is, and the last one allows you to deal extra damage to people you hold an intimacy of hatred towards.
>Crowned By Nightmares, which when used at bonfire imposes a penalty to defense equal to the highest negative intimacy one holds towards you.
>Heart-Fettering Glory, its capstone, allows you to invert someone's defining intimacy of hatred towards you into a positive defining intimacy. You do this by fucking throwing Vainglory at someone's chest and have it circle their heart before making it reappear in your hand.

Forgotten Blade is back and really interesting. Aside from destroying memories for the people you attack, you can use it to destroy everyone else's memories of the people you kill with it, or tap it against any object smaller than a mountain or an ocean and excise it from existing knowledge save for you and other people "in the know" about it.

Also Lunars can attune it as if it were made out of Moonsilver

Arms is honestly boring. There's like a swerd and another swerd but with flames and also a swerd. All those other anons are deluded.

Don't buy it, it's shit. The game is dead.

But user, I like swerds.

I'd post the "Stop liking what I don't like" pic, but I can't be arsed.

Well, he literally asked for it.

More memes

There is Moonsilver armor that is literally Guyver, furk u

You can now dual-wield two-handed weapons. Double gramd daiklaves, here I come.

Physical copies when?

You mean Print on Demand? Will be a few weeks so people can report errors in the pdf first.

>To attune to Heartsbalm for the first time, its bearer must draw upon the love embodied in a positiveTie towards another character. From that point on, that character is considered the wearer’s beloved. Romantic, familial, and other forms of love are all valid, as long as it’s a reciprocated, emotionally significant relationship.

So... if you've attuned to Beloved Adorei, could you then pick her as your Beloved for Heartsbalm?

Nani?!

Don't see why not. Love is love.

>tap it against any object smaller than a mountain or an ocean and excise it from existing knowledge save for you and other people "in the know" about it.

OP as fuck.

It's a 5 dot artifact.

Is it bad that my first thought was how you could fuck with people (especially circle-mates) like that?

Hey, I remember that artefact from 2e. Do you still forget about it if you drop attunement to it? Are there any transforming weapons in the book? I saw the Ultimately Useful Tube in the table of contents, and it could transform in 2e.

Mine was "it's just a small mountain!"

My second was does it work if you objectify women

Yes, you forget it if you ever unattune it, and there are examples of transformable weapons.

As long as it's not a major and well-known geographical feature, it can be hidden like that.

It's an n/a artifact that someone wrote 5 dots next to for some reason.

Can anyone screenshot and post the evocation crafting guidelines page, please?

Am I the only one who wants to see the look on Stormcaller's wielder's face when someone shows up with Rainwalker?

Which warstrider is the most fuckable?

Well, there's one that's alive and can fuck your Mind.

Ah, so you can't hide you mom.

Nope, that's a different charm it has

You can do this with dire lances while mounted already, which you should be - immunity to non-reaching non-ranged weapons and a Tyrant Lizard you can take Charms to send into overdrive is literally god-tier.

Also wow Arms is $15, everyone should buy two copies and share them here.

Well, it looks like we've got a suit of Immaculate Dragon Armor statted up now, even if it's not called that anymore.

Mela's Coil, Artifact 5.

I'd fuck Cathedral of Sublime Annhilation

>Double swerd
Kek. So this is the power of Arms.

waiting for good people to share the book.

There's no rush.

Where does it mention this?

>Additional Development: John Morke, Holden Lee
Shearer

>"Also there were these assholes or whatever"

I Mean you can do it with core rules You just need to be strong enough for your storyteller to deem it makes sense and you have to double attune.

>its capstone evocation is literally "I'm-a firin' mah lazar! Shoop da whoop!"

>kinky

How are the custom evocation guidelines?

Better than nothing but not hugely helpful.

Agreed

that's really a shame. i don't really care about anything other than those rules.

I think it's pretty nice.

Then again, I've been making plenty of Evocations without it, too

Any chance of a pastebin of the custom evocation rules?

What is much more useful is further explanation of each material's niche

>not dual-wielding Irenio's Bell and Rainwalker
>not going full The Wall

youtube.com/watch?v=55ANN_2qU0Q

Think that'll be in DB's or the realm to? I mean those people were still around for the start of the development at least for the start right? I assume it'll be phased out by the time we get to books that are 100% the new guys.
Though I'll likely get memed on, I still kinda wish they were around doing dev stuff.

Me too. I playtested some of their original DB stuff, and it was real fun.

>the veil that holds back time
>puts objects it's draped over into chronological stasis
>this includes people, if they're bound to prevent them from ripping it
>yfw the party discovers a First Age Solar beaten unconscious, tied up, and imprisoned with this thing after they survived the Usurpation

>Though I'll likely get memed on, I still kinda wish they were around doing dev stuff.
Ok Holden.

Thanks Morke.

Nah, I agree. They were shitty when they were in charge, with nobody to tell them to drop their bad plans. And they were shitty when talking to fans, but Ex3 was actually good. Best combat system out of 3 editions.

>3 pages of Craft Errata
What got changed? Seems like alot if it spans 3 pages.