Death of Tyran

Does anyone else think that the first encounter between mankind and Tyranids would make for a pretty cool movie? It would work as a neat introduction to 40k without making the mess too complicated for people completely new to the setting. It has all the necessary elements for a good scifi action/horror movie.
>Isolated planet in remote corner of the galaxy
>relatable normal humans in the form of the IG presence, with the admech forces more of the weirder aspects of 40k, without completely overburdening the viewers.
>eerie reports of dead worlds that were formerly lush with life for some initial mystery
>sudden arrival of horrifying alien invaders
>initially seemingly successful defense, giving the viewers and characters a hope spot, followed by the crushing defeat of the space fleet and the mass scale invasion
>desperate fight for survival as one by one, the defenses fall to the tyranids
>last moments of the movie focusing on the head magos of Tyran, as he frantically records the final moments of his world.
>Sequel hook featuring Kryptman discovering that data matrix on the now dead world of Tyran.

What do you guys think?
Barring the old trite "40k movie" discussion, feel free to talk about Tyranids and the new codex as well.

Here's the story from the new codex.

I'm enjoying a lot of the new story nuggets after each main Hive Fleet section. I'm especially enjoying the little bits about the Court of the Nephilim King.

>Does anyone else think that the first encounter between mankind and Tyranids would make for a pretty cool movie?
No

Yeah. The new tyranid dex is amazing, even if we do not take into consideration the abysmal state of the previous two dexes.

I need to get my hands on this, but it's good to see Nids getting some love.

Not to mention the Pyrovore meme finally being dead.

I'd watch it.

It would be dope as fuck.

I wanted to write a short story about it for the contest Black Library occasionally holds because I love the story of it.

My favorite bit is the ominous reports that Tyran got before all hell broke loose; worlds completely devoid of life and no sign of what did it.

I find the lead up to all the hive fleet invasions pretty cool. They build this sense of foreboding as the imperium pieces together just what's happening and then right as they figure it out or some time before the tyranids strike like the full monster reveal in a horror movie.

Nah, the only thing that can redeem 40k from the depths of marinewank and generic sci-fi would Redeemer: the movie

Agreed.
The leadup is one of the reasons why I like genestealer cults as well.
The creeping alien horror is one of the best aspects of the tyranids.

I'd kill for any kind of media focusing more on the nids. Comics, books, vidya, movies, anything.

Nids are just the goddamn niftiest thing in 40k.

That would be a fun movie OP, and a good way to get new people into the universe

That sounds awesome OP. I'm reposting this themed Tyranid list I came up with. What do you guys think?
It's not meant to be competitive but I think it would be a blast to play,
especially against another fluffy low model count army.

The Warrior King's Court - Hive Fleet Kraken - 2000pts - Battalion and Outrider Detachments.

The King - The Swarmlord (Catalyst, Onslaught) - 300

The King's Adviser - Malanthrope (Chameleonic Mutation) - 90

The King's Champion - Dimachaeron - 200

The Prince - Tyranid Prime (Adrenal Glands, Bone Swords, Death Spitter) - 108

The King's Vanguard - 6 Tyrant guard (Adrenal Glands, Crushing claws, Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs) - 306

The King's Banner-men - 4 x 6 Tyranid Warriors (Adrenal Glands, Flesh Hooks, Bone Swords, Death Spitters, 1 Venom Cannon) - 780

The King's Heralds - 2 x 3 Tyranid Shrikes (Adrenal Glands, Bone Swords, Death Spitter, Flesh Hooks) - 216

There was a movie but with games workshop being assholes, they had to completely re work it and redesign the tyranids and went with a far more simple title
>Aliens

>Nids are just the goddamn niftiest thing in 40k.
Agreed.
They are a race of god damn insect dinosaurs.
What's not to like?

>no "Kings Jester"/10
I'd throw the Malanthrope in there since its such a joke of a unit LOL

I'm also not particularly fond of the Dimacheron, but thats cause I think they look weird.
Otherwise you get STYLISH/10 from me.

>god damn insect dinosaurs.
and THIS is why I play nids

I think the malanthrope works for the advisor spot because he looks like a guy hunched over in a robe. The Dimachaeron helps fill the outrider and fits the champion role perfectly, since he specializes in killing infantry characters.

Arrgh fuck my bad, I screwed up my Nid names.

I meant grab a MALECEPTOR as your Kings Jester

That makes much more sense. I'm trying to keep the big beasties to a minumum though, so I think I'll leave it as is.