>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

face
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/gcps.html
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/enforcers/product/enforcer-faction-starter-2nd-edition.html
anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Black-Ops
youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5J11kAws4
youtube.com/watch?v=lrcG5iGk0Fo
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=118
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=113
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_27&products_id=241
anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/regiments-heavy-support-weapons
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Incubi done, just have to figure out how I want to base them

>Do I receive a confirmation after signup?
Yes, I send 'em out as soon as I see the email, shouldn't take longer than 1-2 days. If you got none til then, resend a mail.

>What shall I include in the email?
Well, your address, obviously. You also can include what you are collecting etc, but don't expect to get something related to that 100%

>What shall I gift?
I don't know, use your imagination! You can check last year's SS here: imgur.com/a/1fxhq

>How much should I gift?
Well it should be at least 10-15$ in value, so that it is worthwhile all the hassle. But you can also go higher and nobody will say a thing if it's only 7.85$. It's the gesture that counts.

>When do we get our matches?
The matching will take place Dec 1st and after that, you'll receive an email with the address of your match

>What about shipping costs?
I try to do continental matching, so they shouldn't be too high. If you specifically want someone from another continent, I also try to arrange that!

>What do if I get grinched?
Email me and I'll try to contact your match. If we can't sort it out, he'll get put onto the naughty list. Often, we find kind anons jumping in and sending something to you in this case!

>Why the fuck are we doing this?
Because /WIP/ is literally the most wholesome online community.

>Do people sign up from country XY?
Most people sign up from NA and EU, but also from Australia, Japan, whatever. If you only want to participate of someone else from your country registers, you can ask in advance, just shoot an email.

How's this looking weathering wise

good, just the right amount of weathering

Looking sharp, maybe the eyes could use 1 more lighter highlight

Are you going to paint the back banner>?

My local GW posted its Armies on Parade finally.

Not many entries, most pretty generic Primarines and new stuff.

This one stood out to me.

tell me please that that didnt win

nice. how about snow
good. how weathered do you want it? this looks minimal

Question for everyone. For secret santa would you rather get an inexpensive but recent new in box kit or, a bunch of oldschool metal models and maybe a few OOP supplements? pre owned but never painted and perfect condition.

Oldschool singles, definitely.

kek
was this an entry? i thought you had to finish the project to enter it.

I wanted to give the new guy a chance but this strokey neck thing is weirding me out.

What magnets do you guys use for mid sized models? I got some carnifexes and I want to do them right for once.

Please tell me a kid entered that. Those termis look caked in paint

which gw was this

Carnac's army in action
>muh chaos!

Hull.

face
book.com/pg/GWHull/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1527416477338039

As it happens im building a kroot (and perhaps tau) kill team with beastmen heads and maybe other bits.

Current plan is to use ungor or gor heads and legs for kroot and possibly bestigor heads for tau. Kroots are probably fairly simple to do, but Tau need bit more modifying to make them look more beastmen like. Maybe GS some cloth/hide over armour.

Anyone got more ideas?

>All these boardless armies
Everyone at my local GW made a board, was this unusual or something?

>I wanted to give the new guy a chance but this strokey neck thing is weirding me out.

I'm not a fan at all. A big part of it is the voice, which isn't as calm or serene as The Dunc

I like him. He's not Duncan, but he know what he's talking about and is clear in his instruction like Duncan. Though, he's green on camera. Go watch a couple of Duncan's first videos, it's not too far different.

He will improve in time.

Fortunately we have a Club with about 20 tables and a store now, and a new LGS over three floors opened and another expanded massively.

So the GW seems pretty dead whenever I walk past, mostly young kids and a couple of adults who don't know better. So I imagine most either didn't know or didn't care. Shame because it's one of the oldest shops GW have now, a lot have moved or whatever. Lot of memories of days spent there as a teen.

Nice position to be in. Theres some good stuff there though, the admech with those excellent bases stood out to me

I think it would be cool if he focused on more advanced tips than what Duncan typically covers. That streaking corrosion thing was pretty neat.
He doesn't seem comfortable on camera, but that will come in time.

I kind of got that vibe from that video, how he didn't bother to lay out every paint on the palette every time. Wouldn't surprise me if he was the chap for advanced techniques!

Does anyone know how high the skyshield landing pad is compared to the Sector Mechanicus terrain. Are they equal/somewhat similar heights

Gotta spray up a whole army. Would you guys spray a grey/white primer before silver? Do you think this will cover nicely and not clog the details? I've never done it before. Thanks

Put effort into salvaging a badly botched undercoat on an Achilles I'd been putting off for a year. Turning out better than I hoped. Even if it's not perfect it's nice to have the shame of an unpainted expensive model lifting away.

Looks supremely promising, IF?

Yessir. I feel like I should put a nice white stripe in somewhere to mark it as first company and splash color. Maybe in the front of the side panels. Looking forward to weathering the shit out of it and covering the tracks in texture paint.

when I figure out what to do with it
I've got two armies on snow now, I want to do something different

Goblin Green and static grass

So I picked up the Spire of Dawn box a little while back. It arrived with both the old square bases and the newer round bases. Which should I use?

the only correct answer

Doing gods work user.

>Which should I use?
Do you plan on playing WHFB or AoS?

You can use regiment bases for WHFB in theory, if you base round, but you have to keep in mind that WHFB's smallest bases were 20mm. AoS's smallest size is 25mm. So keep that in mind whatever you decide.

I only like modeling and gaming. What's worse, playing all grey or painting them all enchanted blue and the bases goblin green? My dark eldar are just painted black and have a desert world base, they look ok.

all grey w/o bases is worse. at least prime them, and all blue with green bases would be better than just primer.

He looked like he was about to cry in the tyranid video. He's not a natural on camera is he?

Is it safer to flock then seal or seal then flock?

How do I paint my Kriegers' trenchcoat, /wip/ ?
Celestra Grey + Nuln Oil
or
Thunderhawk Blue + Drakenhof Nightshade ?

All aboard the S.S White Lion

Has renegade user left these threads? I miss his green-yellow tanks. Guess I'll keep posting mine

I'm no master painter but I'm happy that my "Heavy" Vanguard Detachment is taking shape!
The plan is to add a Redemptor and a squad of Reivers with grav chutes/Grapnel pistols and a mix of bolt pistols and carbines that can be split into two teams.

What are some good miniatures for civilians/non-guard soldiers/gangers in roughly the same scale as 40k
Preferably less fucking expensive

For soldiers, you could try Mantic GCPS or Enforcers?

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/gcps.html

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/deadzone/enforcers/product/enforcer-faction-starter-2nd-edition.html

Mud won't stick very much to tracks in motion, please look up some youtube videos of tanks, tractors etc to see what it actually looks like before you smother the thing

interesting, thanks

No worries. The plague units they have also make good nurgle cultists.

basing pleaseeeeeee

Very nice user, I love it.
Question about the kit, as I'm planning on getting one for my marines - how was it to build? I haven't bought from forgeworld in ages, so I'm not sure what their quality is like these days.

Sanguinary priest inc
Any reason why white paint goes on so shitty? I don’t have this issue with any other paint

I see that
also by snooping around I found Anvil Industry that makes some great tacticool marines
anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Black-Ops
a bit pricy but they look cool

Anvil Industry is mostly interestinf for their IG options (their platoon builder is one hell of a job) and their chainaxes. But yeah their kits are generally very good quality.

what white are you using?

It's the pigment used to make the whiter colors that tend to be grainy. using water instead of thinner can compound this problem.

I've got a ton of bases on the way user. Soon. Soon.

I got citadel’s ceramite white and some apple barrel gloss white (I wanted gold art brand but they were out)
Both had similar issues

It's that time of the month again.

Folk art*

wut

>apple barrel

This time we have we a lass in a kilt with some bagpipes.

I hope they do some cool things at some point instead of purely pin-up stuff.

Not that they aren't good models but where're my angry barbarians and spooky skeletons?

I like the little troll holding the sword.

Neato model and for this month's new technique challenge I'm going to attempt to do the kilt in tartan. user doing it for his Gorebeard dudes has inspired me so this is well timed.

Listen asshole I just tried it because i wanted to see if it was better and it was a dollar
Got any brand you wanna shill?

if you're following the scheme from your pic, check these:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5J11kAws4

youtube.com/watch?v=lrcG5iGk0Fo

>I like the little troll holding the sword.
blatantly looking under that skirt

I'm amazed no 3rd party bits maker has made an accordion for Imperial Guard. I've seen drums and bagpipes, but no accordion.

Maybe when you clear out that name field

Also finished the highlight and bases on my Ironskullz today, then varnished them and the Sepulchral Guard.

Fuck you im a star

That's all 4 Warbands done now. Eagerly awaiting the next batch.

Any overall tips for pin washing? Like, do I just do the gaps between panels on a Leman Russ or should i do it for all available corners and ledges? I just don't want to look sloppy. (No pics at the moment, unfortunately, because I'm at work)

I'm so glad I didn't do them in the silly yellow on the box.

This is my favourite model from the warband.

really clean. my one complaint is that because the weapons and armor are all identical, it just looks so same-y and visually uninteresting. have you considered weathering the armor or weapons? watered skrag brown, sponged rhinox hide, typhus corrosion + ryza rust, some vallejo equivalent....anything?

Liking these! I used warm browns to contrast the cool greens/purples I used, trying to avoid too overpowering of a clash.

After typing this I realize I don't have any actual pics of the incubi saved, so heres a succubi to give you the general idea

how do I shade vehicles? I tried using nuln oil with a small brush but even that made a mess

pigments

*succubus. fucking singulars

Anyone know where I can get some heavy weapons that don't look like they need a fucking horse to transport?

I really like the DKOK carriages because they're mobile and look fairly lightweight but fuck spending £69 for one god damn squad.

next month is the (Feral)Giest of Christmas Present, so they are branching away from Pinup stuff. Gotta get my hands on one of those bad boys, they're pretty hella.

google 'pin washing' for some tutorials

Their weapons and armor look the same because they're made from the same material and were likely mass produced at the same time.

They're soldiers, not cartoon characters; they don't need to be flashy.

They also look less uniform from the back where you can see more of the straps and chainmail and whatnot.

The trophies and brass parts with the silver trim on other places breaks up the look plenty enough for me.

That thing looks like it would be into the ton-range irl, I don't think any normal motherfucker is pulling that much metal across a battlefield on riveted iron wheels

You can do the eyes user, I believe in you

I've been experimenting with Pin washing, because I've been having the same issues you're most likely having.

HELL no - so bad at eyes - that's the effects of Adrenalight, ok?

Still looks much lighter than the default option, though.

madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=118
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=113
madrobotminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_27&products_id=241
anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/regiments-heavy-support-weapons

>implying it's not some future composite

It's not really a classic battlefield instrument.

But yeah...

They're no smaller than some of the highlights you've done. Could use a pigma micron for the pupils if you want. I think you could do it

Post Current Projects

Mine is this Pask Leman Russ thats currently getting its rivet and recess shading

Im a fucking idiot

(pls no aussie)

>drill 1 barrel terribly off-centered
Yep there's my progress for today

Take a needle and make a guide hole in the middle of the barrel so you don't slip while drilling.

Maybe not in Burgeristania.

No, not something for recreational use. I mean batllefield.
People used to march to drums, trumpets and horns were used to signal commands etc.
I've never heard of a battle line that gave commands via polka on an accordion.

Pretty sad... Half of them don't have a proper board, and the other half are almost all either lame or pre-bought GW. The HH one with all the pillars is probably the best (if the Thunderhawk is just a pre-bought ForgeWorld board).

GW's scenery kits have kinda killed the scenery-building part of the hobby.