Can someone explain to me why people use Coinbase?

Can someone explain to me why people use Coinbase?
From what I see the fees are 1.49% (one point forty nine percent).
And they don't even pay the mining fees for Buttcoin.

Please someone help me understand, because it just doesn't make any sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmotion.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's easy to use

it is babby's first coin trading platform.

The fact that you can make big purchases instantly with your bank account and lock in the price. I could buy 10k usd worth of btc, bch, ETH or ltc right now instantly. I won’t be able to move or sell it for about 8 days but the price is locked in. Can make the fee worth it. If you’re using it to buy and sell willy nilly you’re a retard but it has its uses as a tool in your kit.

Buy or sell BTC for fiat with localbitcoins.
The premium you pay is closer to 10% there.

bdax bays the bees so u bont have to

Where else can I buy ETH with fiat? everything else either takes weeks, it's more expensive, it doesn't accept UK, it has upper limits of pennies, etc

Where are eurofags like me suposed to buy then?

Gemini. Took me 4 days to verified. Wire transfer following verification cleared in 1 hour and eth was immediately ready to trade

That's funny, because the site is confusing as fuck. The fee info is scattered all over the place, on other sites it's on a single page in a table.

>The fact that you can make big purchases instantly with your bank account and lock in the price.
I see. That's an American thing, though, right?
Unless you mean credit card, but then the fee is 4%.

Bitstamp? Not sure if UK has SEPA payments or if that's just for Eurozone...

bittiraha.fi

>I won’t be able to move or sell it for about 8 days
I missed that part. What do you mean, why 8 days??

Been waiting for gemini for a week...

coinmotion.com

Easy to use, only sells working products, doesn't sell flash in the pan scamcoins.

You can cash out

whats the best alernative for amerimutts

the iphone app is incredibly user friendly

tech savvy people don't understand how difficult it is for the average person to transfer LTC or ETH out of coinbase into a foreign exchange like Binance

Does coinbase require proof of residence to cash out? I was looking at another exchange that wants that to sell but I'm actually living in a van and just use a mail box from a copy shop. I've only been putting a small amount into coinbase to take to binance and buy shit coins with.

You can cash out elsewhere cheaper, at least in EUR.
Dunno how US withdrawals work, but at at a glance Kraken is cheaper ($5) and Bitstamp probably too.

This -- Gemini is the patrician American's fiat exchange, which explains why it gets overlooked most of the time

They just require an ID and a "selfie" to make sure your picture matches the one on the ID. That's it. You can then link any bank account to direct deposit your sales.

> but I'm actually living in a van